Scenario 7

Zhang Yixing Scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was breathing deeply, trying to keep myself from hyperventilating and getting more nervous than what I already was. The instructors were right behind me, telling me for the nth time what I had to do and not to panic. Many of my classmates had already done it and only a few of us remained. 

 

“Okay, when you’re ready, start running. As you descend the slope, you’ll start elevating. Don’t panic, okay? When you fly over the building, remember to jump. They will catch you.” The instructor explained signaling the men who were on top of the tall building before me. It wasn’t that tall, actually, but tall enough for us to fly over it. 

 

When our school announced that the ‘Free-day games’ would include beginner lessons to learn to fly a glider, I thought they were joking. Never had I thought school would let us learn a sport like this. Still, they surprised us when we arrived today and the instructors were here. They really couldn’t teach us the sport as it really is but, at least we would get to fly, even if we had to trust complete strangers to catch us. 

 

I looked back to one of the instructors, who nodded and smiled reassuringly, then to my classmates who made a ‘fighting’ gesture. I took one last breath and looked forward. The next thing I know, I’m running down the slope and soon after, the glider is slowly lifting me up. I felt scared of not having anything under my feet but, I remembered to stay calm and to maintain a strong grip on the glider bars. I was at a decent altitude and I heard cheering coming from behind and from the building I was supposed to reach. 

 

I felt excited as they kept cheering for me and shouting I was doing great. We were in the back of the school grounds. It was just a few acres of untouched land that the school had bought for outdoor activities like this one. I loved coming back here and enjoy nature; the fact that I was enjoying it from above made everything even more beautiful.

 

As I neared the building, I got ready to let go. The instructors were ready and waiting for me to get nearer. To my surprised, the wind got stronger and pushed be upwards. I was a bit higher than usual and as I approached the building, I was also flying further and higher away from it. I panicked a bit at this. This is all your fault. After this, you’re going to gain a bit more weight. A thought appeared and I scolded myself for thinking something like that at a time like this. 

 

I could see the panic in their eyes also, as well as in the faces of some of my classmates next to them. My heart was beating was as I was meters away from reaching my destination. 

 

"You have to jump when we tell you." One of the instructors shouted. I nodded panicky and gulped as I was almost on top of the building. 

"We'll catch you, trust us." The other instructor said. 

 

As I flew over the building, the wind blew strongly, trying to push me away from the building. "NOW!" I heard a shout and, without thinking, I let go. 

I closed my eyes, bracing myself but thankfully, strong arms caught me and the next thing I hear are shouting, screaming and some relieved sights. "You really gave us a scare there." I open my eyes to the instructor. I also let out a sigh of relief as he let me down and smiled. 

"Thank you~" I nodded and slowly walked to get down. 

 

"Where is she?! Is she okay?" I heard a voice from below ask and I felt my heart skipping a beat as I recognized who it was. 

 

I peeked through the ceiling window, which was our way down thanks to a ladder they had installed. At the end of the ladder was Yixing, looking up and locking gazes with mine. I could see the concern and fear in his eyes as he got a look at me. 

 

"Oh God! You're okay! I'm so glad." He offered me his hand to take so I could get down. I blushed as he did and I started descending. I hadn't given that many steps down when his hand let go of mine and moved to my hips, grabbing me tightly and finally pulling me to the ground. He quickly hugged me and I could swear all time stopped. For a moment it was just us, in that moment I would pay anything for it not to end. 

 

His smell was intoxicating, making me lose myself in his embrace.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter