Scenario 6

Zhang Yixing Scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a tough last week of class, finishing assignment after assignment. Preparing everything for the last presentations of the semester. Going to bed late and getting up early to continue working. It really had been very hectic to put it into words. 

Thankfully, today was the last day of class and day for the final group presentations. A few weeks back, the professor had told us to form groups so we could prepare for our final project. I wasn't that day the groups were assigned but, to my luck, one of my friends said I would be in the group, the same group my crush, Yixing, joined. He was the one who actually told me we were in the same group. 

To be clear, technically we were the crush of the other because I knew he also liked me but, we never spoke of it, trying not spoil the friendship we had developed in the last months. Things weren't good for any of us in our houses, we had other responsibilities that would stop us from having a healthy relationship so, we just tried being friends and see where it all would lead.  

We had all been working hard to get everything ready, even the day of the presentation, I was making the last preparations for the written report we had to hand in. The report was finished and when I got to class, the rest of the group was finishing the presentation while the other groups presented. 

I talked with Yixing a bit, reviewing what we would be saying in the presentation and also about trivial things of our week and last days. He would always make me laugh with his jokes and I would try and make him laugh and smile because I loved seeing the dimple that formed on his cheek; also, his smile just bright my day like he didn't have a clue. 

When it was our turn to present, I felt very nervous. I always got nervous and fidgeted when I had an oral presentation. I stutter and feel as if words will fail me. Yixing was next to me and noticed my nervousness. He leaned to my ear and whispered. 

"Don't be nervous. You'll do great." I felt my heart skip a beat at this and looked at him; I nodded while smiling and he did also.

As he talked and explained the part he was assigned, I couldn't help get lost in his voice. I loved hearing him talk, he talked with so much security that it even made me envy him for that. Even if he felt nervous, he always seemed so calm and he always had a good opinion for everything. 

When it was time for my part, I could feel as if my heart wanted to pop out of my chest. I could feel my nervousness showing through my speech and the few times I couldn't find the correct words for what I wanted to say. Still, I did my best and said everything I thought I could explain of the presentation. When I finished, another girl took the lead and a few minutes later we had finished. 

We all thanked everyone for their attention and went back to our seats. I sat and let out a sigh; feeling relieved we had finished and that everyone has liked our presentation. I smiled towards Yixing and he did too. He raised both his hands so I would high-five them so I did. As our hands clapped, he interlaced fingers with me and I felt my heart skip a beat. I felt nervous as he took a hold of them for the briefest moment, let go of my left one but held on to my right hand for a bit more until he let go. I missed that feeling of his fingers throu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter