What Felt Nice

Seventh Heaven (Indefinite Hiatus. Sorry.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

Rain was pouring but Seulmi was very partial to this weather so she didn’t mind. Of course, she had to toddle to school with umbrella on her hand to not get drenched yet unfortunately, her shoes still got soaked on the puddle of rainwater but again it’s okay, she was fond of the rain. It calms her. There was something about the rain that Seulmi takes pleasure in, she couldn’t pinpoint it out but that didn’t really matter. What matters was she liked it despite the fact that many people didn’t.

On the other hand walking to school wasn’t her favorite time of the day, but then again, she never had a preferred instance of the day. She deliberated about the things that possibly could and could not ensue. She primed herself for the worst and hoped for the best. There were times where she didn’t understand if she’s an optimist, a pessimist or a realist but maybe she’s somewhere in between those three.

Yesterday was like the tranquil before the hurricane. There was naught done to her, not even a shoulder bump or a cuss, it was cacophonously a quiet day and she came to the realization that everytime she’s given the chance to not be bullied for a time being, what would pursue after tended to be much worse.

She walked through the school gates and everything posed a weird aura of normalcy. She arrived at her room, astoundingly over-looked by those who virtually perceive her existence everyday and was also unscathed. She couldn’t be more gratified if this could happen at a daily basis. It’s best to be disregarded than to receive all the attention in anawfully distressing manner.

As she sat on her chair, she couldn’t help but notice this red head guy holding this girl’s hand while they’re smooching each other’s faces; quiet and controlled sounds of pleasure escaping the both of them. Seulmi grimaced, what’s so nice on the subject of kissing anyway? Wasn’t it just like each other’s orifice and eventually each other’s saliva?

She also watched a handful of American movies to have a fair idea of what French kissing was. Shoving your tongue inside another’s mouth and feeling the inside gave the nasty and disgusting impression. What if the other had severe oral cavities? Ew. Seulmi shivered. That was gross. She decided to just turn her head over to look at the window in desperate attempt to divert her attention and brain away from the kissing scene and weird sounds. She proceeded to watch the students go on to their morning routines. She had seen sufficient face eating for today in her judgment.

Her surveillance of other students hastening to get to their class on time was vaguely bothered when the girl heard the seat on her back getting occupied by the one who sits there; which was Kai. She didn’t have enough time to be in command of herself and stop herself turning slightly around to look at the young man.

Her eyes travelled from Kai’s blonde hair and rested upon the two pair of plump lips. She swallowed the sudden lump that formed in . Suddenly, kissing didn’t seem so gross. Not with those enthralling lips, perfectly white teeth and inciting bottom lip Kai possessed. It seemed so… sweet and Kai appeared to be a good kisser, based on his appearance and all and wait- Seulmi bit her lower lip and whipped her face to look in front.

It took every ounce of her will power not to look at Kai again and risk the chance of getting caught ogling at the man’s lips. She didn’t just fantasize kissing a man she just met yesterday morning and never really talked to. No, she did not.

Little did she know, Kai was already smirking on his chair. He was looking at the back of Seulmi’s head with amusement and a pint of curiosity.

The rest of the morning went all well. Finally, the school bell rung and that signaled the end of class and the start of lunch break. Ms. Jung finished her class with a very whimsical turn. She was about to go out of the door before she exaggeratedly made a shocked expression. Everyone, including Seulmi, turned their interest to Ms. Jung. She had a miserable face that looked as if she’s about to cry then suddenly, the expression changed back into her usual happy one. “I forgot to tell you something little ones, but oh well. Can’t do anything about it now.” She made a face and Seulmi wondered how Ms. Jung could still look pretty despite her peculiar faces.

Everyone waited to what Ms Jung had to say, “Anyways, I’m planned to give a group project and I’m supposed to ask you guys to group yourselves today but,” cue the dramatic sigh of regret, “I forgot about it, and I won’t be around till next week, on Monday because of a seminar I have to attend so, we will discuss this group project probably next week.”  

She made thumbs up and finished off with, “Mr. Wu will take over this class while I’m gone. Be good! That’s it.” Then she’s out the door.

As soon as Seulmi heard the word ‘group’ she already felt sorrow wash over her. She’s not the kind that had friends to group with her. She’ll just end up doing the project on her own. Again. Ms. Jung walked out the door majestically as if she’s the queen of this school. Seulmi was very much worried but she thought that being alone was better, even though the whole class was going to have their own groups to work with. Well, no use to think about it now. What happens next week on their groupings will happen then. Seulmi didn’t want to stress herself further.

 

She decided it’s better to eat her lunch on the classroom since everyone tended to go out so she’s left in solidarity and it was the best she could get. She fished out her lunch box out of the duffel bag, which was also probably the ugliest bag in the whole of Seoul High. She smacked her forehead with her palm when she realized she forgot to bring her bottle of cranberry juice. Great, now she had no choice but to go to the canteen and buy something to drink.

It took her 2 minutes or so to arrive at the school’s canteen. When she looked around, she was intimidated by the amount of stares drilling into her but she gathered up all the courage she had to walk straight into the canteen booth and buy herself a refreshing drink of blue lemonade. She paid for the smallest one, took a straw and speared in onto the top. She prayed for nothing to happen until she’s back on her room but some prayers are not heard by the heavens above.

Everything happened in swiftly, the last thing she’s aware of was she’s walking towards the canteen’s exit but now she’s in a dire situation. Apparently, someone took the liberty of tripping Seulmi and apparently, she was very lucky to have Dara and Key, which was apparently the two most worshipped personalities in Seoul High, in front of her. And apparently, her blue lemonade was now successfully stained on Dara’s signature clothes. Apparently, this was not her lucky day.

Her eyes are wide as she sat on her bum down on the ground; the empty paper cup of blue lemonade still on her hand’s grasp but the blue lemonade was already seeping through Dara’s clothes. The silence was deafening and she knew what’s going to happen so she shot herself to a kneeling position and apologized immediately to Dara. Dara was just standing there, disbelief painted across her face. She was wearing a limited Louis Vuitton top under those school blazers goddammit.

“I’m sorry! I’m so sorry! I- Someone tripped me and… I didn’t mean to spill my drink on you.” Seulmi explained to Dara who’s still taken aback. Key had the same expression. Seulmi’s hands were clasped on a pleading manner.

“I bet you did that on purpose because you’re jealous of Dara unnie! You are disgusting.” Accused the girl on the table just beside Seulmi.

“No! I really didn’t mean to! I was just-“ Seulmi’s explanation was cut off when she felt a drink spill on the top of her head and dripped down on her face. She could smell coffee. It was quickly followed by another splash of what smelled like chocolate. It stung because the drink was still a little more than lukewarm.

Soon, she didn’t even know what drink or liquid was poured unto her because now, she’s surrounded by a crowd of students teaching her how wrong it was to trip and spill into precious Dara’s clothes a cup of blue lemonade. She only winced and one could not come to identify the liquid her eyes originally produces from the liquid splattered all over her.

There was nothing she could do so she just stayed on the canteen floor, kneeling position and cried. She listened as everyone blamed her and called her names. Was this really her fault? Wasn’t she a victim as well? She had come to the recognition that as long as she’s Seulmi, she’ll never be the victim.

“Stop it.” Someone said. Seulmi wondered who it was, and it turned out to be none other than Dara. The one she accidentally spilled blue lemonade on. The students blinked as Dara walked towards Seulmi and crouched down.

“I’m sorry. Some people are just too rude.” She flashed a glare on the people that made it their life’s mission to teach Seulmi the lessons she didn’t need to learn.

“Anyways, it’s okay. I know it’s not your fault.” Dara smiled sweetly and Seulmi just continued to cry. She felt so weak, so useless. She felt like the world is in dire need for her existence to cease. Dara tilted her head to the side, “Next time, be more careful okay? We wouldn’t want this to happen again,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter