No Way

The Candies

Girl!Chanyeol & Boy!Baekhyun

 

They stared at each other for a long time. Slightly sound was hardly heard except for their beating heart. Baek thought the girl in front of her would just walk away after class but the sight of her waiting for him was something out of space.

Chanyeol is cute, Baek thinks. She had those wide eyes but those beautiful eyes were hidden by her large framed specs. Chanyeol bit her lower lips before exhaling her breath.

"What?"

"I'm...I just want to ask, can we go to the prom together?"

"Seriously, Chanyeol ?" She slumped her shoulders before nodding, her head was down, the hair of her hid her face.

 

Chanyeol felt rejected and she played with the end of her shoes. Chanyeol wouldn't accept rejection - she suddenly lifted her head.

"I'm sorry but I have something to do. My unnie - I'm sorry! " Chanyeol started running out from the school, out from the sight of her schoolmates - there, she stood up in front of a hidden coffee shop, owned by her elder sister.

 

"Ey, Chanyeol. Why you're here? Wouldn't you be at home now watching Mubank?"

Ohh...right...Mubank...

Chanyeol put her head on the counter bar where she reached the remote control of the TV. She waited for her favourite idol to come out on the TV. Her sister was busy wiping the cups when she noticed the face in the TV.

"Isn't that Baekhyun? I saw him passing by just now. Wow, he's handsome there. Eyy, he's in that EXO group !" Chanyeol's sister giggled of the sight when Chanyeol hid her face in her arms and sighed.

It will be okay, tomorrow morning.

Chanyeol jumped when someone pushed her locker door right after she had put all the books and was ready to go home. The sight of fuming idol, Baekhyun was hardly seen these days - Chanyeol mental-noted.

Wait...fuming..?

 

"W-Why did you leave before I answered your question ?"

Chanyeol ran home with her full speed.

 

Tomorrow is the prom and I don't have any single date. Way to go, Park Chanyeol !

 

Chanyeol thought she would do something weird to her hair - so she did when she dyed few strands of it. Now she thought that she looked just like the Gothic girls in her class.

Before she went to the locker, she was greeted by the whispers and snickers from her classmates. One of her gigs, Kyungsoo the vocalist went to her table and sat beside her.

"OMG did you know what happened?"
"What happened?"

"They said Baekhyun the idol had already invited someone to the prom."

"Oh... his groupmates?"

"No, silly !! It's prom date, why he would bring everyone in his group?"

"Ohh...." Chanyeol realised her pencil case was still in her locker so she went out to get it. The sight of sticky note on the door made her fumed because no one mess with her locker - she thought. The pink sticky note made her shivered from madness and she went ogre.

 

'"Don't be late ! Let's meet at 8. I pick you up ? Message me ?" 010-123*******"
 

Chanyeol messaged the guy because she was curious, she wore her own dress that she managed to get from her savings. Her white dress was full of lace - that's the thing that she liked about the dress. The laced arms was short until her elbows and the skirt fall sweetly under her knees. Her elder sister put some glitters on her shoulder-short hair and she put the makeups on Chanyeol's face.

When the clock striked 8, Chanyeol stood out behind the door and peeked the black Maserati car that pulled off in front of her house. She thought the guy was something richy, Mr Richie Rich? 

No way.

 

It was Baekhyun who opened the car door and he waited Chanyeol at his car, he pulled the sleeves of his white tuxedo and glanced at his watch. His hair was styled up and he had the thick eyeliners on his eyes. He had some silver streaks on his short hair, something that he saw Chanyeol did to her hair.

Chanyeol was trying to register the moment but Baekhyun looked so ethereal. Chanyeol's sister knew there was someone outside so she pushed Chanyeol outside the house.

"Enjoy the party!" She whispered before she closed the door right in front of Chanyeol's face.


"Unnie !!" Chanyeol felt in front of the smiling Baekhyun, he must have seen the sight of Chanyeol trying to open her own front door. Chanyeol stood up awkwardly on her flat shoes and she coughed weirdly. Baekhyun laughed before he grabbed Chanyeol's hand to his car.

 

"Keep my number well. I won't give it for the second time. Anyway you looked cute tonight, Chanyeol."