When Prayers Got Answered

The Candies

female Baekhyun VS Chanyeol the Demon

 

Cold night breeze kissed the white cheeks and turned them pink, Baekhyun pulled her coat closer to her little body. Her paces became faster when she heard the cats meowed in a forced way, but she tumbled into a way where she had never set her foot before.

 

The journey of short, dark alley seemed so far than she ever walked and she shivered. Little did she regretted for not waiting for the late night bus, just for god-forsaken ten minutes. She held her laptop closer to her chest, while her eyes were watching everything in the dark.

At the end and from a far she saw a group of hooligans laughing, drunkard hooligans - maybe. Deep in her heart, she hoped that someone would help her this time. She slowed down her footsteps and ducked down her head before walking quickly - she wants to get through the gang.

She walked in big steps, wanting to escape the scary road. "This is all Chanyeol's fault !" Baekhyun muttered under her breath. She escaped the bus trip before a tall lanky giant decided to board anything that she took to college. She didn't know why would a man who was rumored in a relationship would stalk her and annoy her to the max.

Seriously.

 

One of the gang stared at her and stopped talking with his friends, Baekhyun avoided the gaze of the man when she walked past them. They stopped laughing and gagging when she was sure that she's going to reach the end of the dark neighbourhood.

Her heartbeat had returned to normal beat but that's before she saw another motorbikes group were speeding up to her way. The speed and the spotlight, Baekhyun was frozen at the place - her head was telling her to go but she wouldn't move even a bit. And those people were only a truck's distance with her.

"What's happening....?" Baekhyun tried to move her legs but she failed. Please, someone...help me...!

Baekhyun closed her eyes and prayed harder. "God, if this is not the end, please God, I will be a good girl, a good daughter and sister. Also I will date anyone to please my dying grandmother. Dear God please hear my pray !!"

 

"Seriously, anyone? Including me?" Baekhyun recognized that deep velvety voice, that voice that made her hair stand. She slowly opened up her eyes and only met a pair of blue eyes staring back at her.

Glowing blue eyes - they belonged to Chanyeol. One and only annoyance in her third semester in college. The black-coated Chanyeol was smiling (or Baekhyun said weirdly grinning) but those blue eyes were watching her, still.

He put Baekhyun in his warm embrace, hiding her face in his chest and the wind felt colder. "Don't try to peek." The soft but stern voice made Baekhyun felt curious, yet she failed to feel the ground with her feet. She thought it was because Chanyeol lifted her as she was not another netball pole.

Suddenly Chanyeol's hug became loose and Baekhyun could raise her head to the surrounding. They were standing in front of Baekhyun's house - where she shared it with her bestfriend, Kyungsoo.

How that could be.....

A quick but hard flick met her forehead suddenly and Baekhyun turned to meet Chanyeol with her high-pitched scream. "Oww! What's that for?!"

"Which fool would avoid the bus and use the dangerous way to go home?!"

"Why bother, you elf!!"

"Is that the proper way to say thank you to your shining knight in armour? Or precisely, your new boyfriend?"

"W-when...I d-did not..!!"

"God will be very angry to people who broke their promises."

"I did not !" Chanyeol's eyebrows were raised a bit, where Baekhyun was red - either blushing or getting mad, Chanyeol couldn't differ them.

"Just let me assist you when you are going home, you cutie pie!"

"Over my dead cat." As she even has one.

Their staring game was so intense and they met with silence before Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into his embrace again. "Good night and sweet dreams, honey." Chanyeol whispered and Baekhyun cringed at the word but somehow she felt warm inside.

"I don't date anyone actually. But now it's just you." Chanyeol whispered again and he pecked Baekhyun's cheek before he ran really far. Baekhyun stared into blank space before registering Chanyeol's action on her.

 

"CHANYEOL YOU !"

 

Baekhyun swore Chanyeol could meet his death very soon.