Facing the Freedom

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come on let’s go.” Yi Jung spoke as he stood up slowly giving Ga Eul time to stand up with him preventing her arm from being yanked.

“Where to?”

“Well sitting here won’t get us anywhere, there are many others on this island, we can ask around and maybe we will find hints to understanding the clue.” Ga Eul agreed with Yi Jung’s advice and followed his footsteps.

Walking around, Yi Jung and Ga Eul attempt to ask people for any help at all but seeing them handcuffed together, either people thought that they were a cute couple who handcuffed themselves together and others thought they were runaway criminals, in which case Yi Jung and Ga Eul had to pretend to be a couple without getting in trouble. Yi Jung and Ga Eul take a break, as they both had become exhausted.

“I love chocolates, so do you!” The shout reached both Yi Jung and Ga Eul’s ears, and they zoomed into the direction. A short man stood on his counter yelling out the same sentence over and over, causing Yi Jung and Ga Eul to walk up to him.

“Excuse us, but why do you keep chanting those words?” Yi Jung questioned; the man looked at Yi Jung and awed as he saw their hands cuffed.

“It is true. The man with blonde hair was right!”

Yi Jung and Ga Eul look at each other carrying a side smirk, “Ji Hoo” both whispered to each other, before either could ask further questions, the man walked up to them and hugged them.

“You two are even cuter in reality.”

“Excuse me- you are- choking me…” Ga Eul spoke up her voice dropping with the lack of air. For a shortl man he sure was strong. As the man moved back, Yi Jung and Ga Eul fix their clothes.

“What did the man with the blonde hair exactly tell you?” Yi Jung continued to question.

“Oh he told me you two were madly in love and to test yourself you handcuffed yourselfs together and gave him the key to hide away, and you two will attempt to find it to prove that you two are still be in love as you were even closer with one another.”

“You wouldn’t happen to know where that key is, do you?” Ga Eul was the next to question, causing a grin to print on the man’s lips as he digs into his back pant pocket and pulls out a small silver key, the pattern matching the end of the handcuff lock.

“Great, thank you so-” Yi Jung attempted to grab the key, but failed as the man pulled his hand back.

“You didn't just think I would hand you the key, did you?”

“Alright how much do you want for the key?” Yi Jung asked with furrowed brows, causing the man to burst in laughter.

“I don't want your money. To get the key you have to complete a small lover’s challenge and if you win, the key is all yours.”

“Okay, what is the challenge?” Yi Jung asked as Ga Eul quietly listened. The man pulls out a chocolate pocky stick, from behind his counter.

“You both need to put this at the end of your teeth and eat without your hands, and eat as much as you can, our challenge winner is 3 inch of the stick left before the stick broke in half and fell to the ground.”

“What kind of dumb challenge is that?” Yi Jung snapped, hitting his fist on top of the counter.

“I told you it was a ‘lover’s’ challenge.” The man crossed his arms narrowing his brows.

“No way, are we doing that.” Yi Jung groaned.

“Suit yourself. I guess you two want to be handcuffed forever which makes you two even cuter. I just love romance.” The man eyed the two as they glanced over to each other. Yi Jung looks back at the man and furrows his brows, “do our lips have to touch?”

“Nope. That is the point. You two have to try to eat as much of the stick together as possible, without your lips touching. Unless you two are really in the mood then do as you please.” The man eyed the two with a big grin.

Yi Jung sighs cursing under his breath, he was definitely going to teach Ji Hoo a lesson for giving the key to a hopeless romantic man. Yi Jung glances over to Ga Eul and she nods her head, “we have to get off this island. Let's get it over with.” her whisper caused Yi Jung to agree to her words and looked back at the man.

“Okay we accept your challenge.” The man jumps with joy as he placed two stools facing each other, signaling the two to take a seat. As both are seated the man walks up to Yi Jung and hands him one chocolate pocky stick, Yi Jung looks at the stick, frustrated as he looked at Ga Eul and she responded with a smile. Yi Jung mirrored her expression as he adjusted his stool closer to her their knee caps touching. Before they could begin the man began to chant, “new challengers! Come see them break the previous lover’s challenge.” Yi Jung looks around as people began to gather, with narrowed eyes he looks down on the man chanting, “is people watching us really necessary?”

“Of course it is! I haven’t had challengers in a long time. So this is a really big day for me.”

Yi Jung his head and looked at Ga Eul, “keep just a little in your mouth and just hold the end with your teeth, I will do the rest.” Yi Jung’s whisper brought shivers down Ga Eul back, a simple whisper made Yi Jung sound y to Ga Eul’s ears, shaking her head, Ga Eul pulls herself together

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter