Chapter 2

Keep Holding On

It's been two days since Suho and WooJin were sent to the hospital and Lay announced surprising news that quickly went around which caused the boys to hurry to get to the hospital with much anticipation. 

 

Kyungsoo, Minseok, and Luhan rushed through their work when they heard the news but as they finished one task their was always something else in the way that needed to be done. They grew tired and more impatient to get to the hospital within each "tick" of the clock but they continued to push forward and work fast.

 

 

Sehun was sitting through a meeting when he got a text from Luhan about the news and was also growing impatient to go to the hospital. The meeting was taking forever in Sehun's thoughts. 

Can they like hurry it up? Other people actually have things to do, he thought. The meeting was taking longer than usual which drove Sehun insane. He was ready to just run out with the thoughts of the hospital and his friends. But he also thought about if he was fired then how was he suppose to support his little princess, Yunseo, and tried his best to pay attention.

 

 

"HyeSoo, Yunseo! Come downstairs, we are leaving!" Jongin loud enough yelled so the two girls upstairs will be able to hear him. He heard the rush down the grand staircase.

"Put your shoes on, girls. We are heading to the hospital to see WooJin oppa and his umma and appa" Jongin told the two. "Okay appa!" HyeSoo replied while Yunseo nodded and followed her noona to where their shoes. 

They were seated in the car with Jongin driving while talking on the phone with Kyungsoo and the two girls chattering in the back seat. 

Noticing her appa getting off the phone, HyeSoo asked "Is umma gonna meet us at the hospital?" She was missing her umma since he was working longer today than a normal day. It was almost dinner time and her umma should've came home way earlier.

Jongin knew his little one was missing her umma a lot more than usual and replied to her in a reassuring tone. "Well umma is running a little late due to the amount of work he has to do, same with your umma Yunseo, but they will both meet us at the hospital whenever they are able to."

Both girls were a little disappointed since they were both very eager to see their ummas. HyeSoo spoke first "Ah okay" followed by Yunseo "What about my appa? Will he meet us there?"

Jongin smiled at the concern of the little girl. He could tell that the girl was missing her parents more than usual today due to the fact that they were both still working. "Your appa isn't answering his phone or returning my calls. He sent me a quick text saying he's in a meeting still."

If it wasn't obvious that Yunseo was disappointed about how her umma was still working, then it was crystal clear that she was disappointed with the fact that both her parents were still working. Taking a quick glance to the back seat, Jongin added "but he will meet us when he gets out of the meeting which should be soon" he smiled, hoping to reassure the little one.

The rest of the ride was composed of the blabbering between Yunseo and HyeSoo with the occasional giggles. Once arrived, they all got up and approached the hospital.

HyeSoo was in Jongin's arms while Yunseo held his hand, afraid to be lost in the big building. They knocked on the door to Suho and WooJin's room (author note: honestly i don't know if a child can share a room with their parent but yeahh haha).

Jongdae opened the door to let them in, "Oh hey!" He gave a smile HyeSoo and softly pinched earning a small smile from her he then picked up Yunseo into his arms, "Yunseoooo!! Getting sooo big huh?" Yunseo let out a giggle and placed her head on his chest. 

They walked into the room with greetings from Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Lay, Tao, and Kris. Chanyeol told EunSoo and Dohyun to greet Jongin and HyeSoo which they happily did so by running up to Jongin and politely greeting him. Jongin smiled at the two and put HyeSoo on the ground resulting the three of them to blabber about scary machines Dohyun and EunSoo saw while at the hospital. Kunwoo also greeted Jongin but instead of going to the other three, he went up to his appa who was seated with Yunseo on his lap.

"Kunwoo take Yunseo and go play with the other three over there okay?" Jongdae told his son. Kunwoo agreed automatically and waited for Yunseo to get off his appa's lap.

"Yunseo, don't you want to play with Kunwoo oppa and the others?" Jongdae questioned.

Yunseo yawned and shook her head, "I don't wanna" she mumbled. 

Jongdae noticed how tired she was, "Jongin" he called. Once he recieved Jongin's attention he asked, "Did Yunseo sleep well? She looks very tired"

"Yeah, I noticed that too. Sehun was kind of in a rush when he dropped her off in the morning since he was running late. I don't know exactly but he said that Yunseo didn't exactly get a good night's sleep. I tried to get her to take a small nap but HyeSoo didn't want Yunseo to sleep, she wanted Yunseo to play with her."

"Ah I see" Jongdae said turning his attention back to Yunseo who was falling asleep. He smiled. She looked so drained, I guess better to sleep now.

He turned his attention to his son  "Kunwoo, go play with the other three okay?" Kunwoo nodded, noticing the sleeping Yunseo in his appa's arms. 

Suho was awake this entire time and a smile spread on his face looking at the sleeping Yunseo. She's so adorable, he thought.

Once Jongin broke conversation with Lay, Suho spoke, "thanks for coming Jongin"

Jongin looked at his direction. YES! The news was right! HE'S AWAKE!!  "Suho!! It's great to know you are doing better!" he happily shrieked. He looed over to see if WooJin was also doing okay but just saw emptiness.

Suho noticed where Jongin's eyes darted to and answered his confused face without needing to hear the question, "they took him for some tests, he should be back in this room with me late night or early morning".

"Oh, did he wake up too?" Jongin asked.

"Barely woke up a few hours ago, but yes he's awake" Lay answered.

"That's really good! You guys are making a real quick recovery!" Jongin sounded very cheerful, a bit too cheerful for Jongin. Lay and Suho gave him a small smile.

"WooJin's injuries are still very hard for him to handle, he's been blacking out from time to time. Right now, one of the things they are doing are taking the breathing mask off him to see if he needs it and monitoring him so if he needing it, then they'll be ready to put it back on him." Lay explained to Jongin about WooJin's condition. 

"Oh really? I bet he's doing fine and the both of you will be out of here in no time" Jongin reassured the two. Tao supported Jongin, "yeah definitely!"

"Thanks guys" Suho smiled.

"Okay Jongin can you hush now?" Kris said a little impatient. Purposely trying to get on Kris's nerves Jongin continued conversation, "so how was everyone's day?"

Suho laughed, "oh yeah, Kris, I was gonna tell you how WooJin and I ended up in the hospital in the first place."

"Go on" Kris said impatiently. He's been wondering about his information ever since Suho and Woojin were even sent to the hospital, but because of his tone towards Suho and Jongin he recieved an elbow on the side of his stomach by Tao. 

"Well you see, it's not much of a long story," Suho began, "I was in a rush that morning and was on my way to drop WooJin to Baek and Chanyeol's house. I was turning right and this one guy was driving on the wrong lane! There was no oncoming traffic so I went for the turn and BAM! I got hit hard by the truck who was driving on the wrong lane. WooJin's side got hit harder resulting to why his injuries are more serious than my own."

"WHAT TYPE OF IDIOT DRIVES ON THE WRONG ING SIDE OF THE ROAD?!" Kris bursted out causing everyone in the room to jump a little. 

"Honestly, I don't even know," Lay chuckled.

"LIKE SERIOUSLY!! IS THAT GUY DUMB OR IS HE STUPID?"

"Well, he said that he was going the speed limit and all of a sudden the guy in front of him slowed down. He couldn't slow down in time and so instead of hitting that guy he went on the other lane," Suho explained, "Truthfully, I feel like he made the story on the spot, and was speeding since the other lane was pretty clear. People can be such  idiots."

"THE WORD 'IDIOT' DOESN'T EVEN EXPLAIN THEM"

"Well thanks for the sincere outburst Kris but there's children in the room and one of them is trying to sleep," Tao said in a sarcastic tone while pointing towards the children who were staring at the adults and the sleeping Yunseo. His lover just rolled his eyes and moved to sit next to him.

"Well, Kris does have a point. That guy must be in some rush if he had to drive on the wrong side of the road," Jongdae said.

"Yeah, true, but the damage is done so no use talking about the past," Lay reasoned earning a nod from Jongdae.

They heard the door creak and so everyone's head turned toward it to see who was walking in.

"Hey Sehun!" Jongin let out.

"Hey," he replied. The rest also greeted Sehun and then he turned his attention to Suho.

"How are you doing?" the younger asked.

"A lot better I guess," he smiled to Sehun.

"Where's WooJin? Is he okay?"

"Yeah it's just that WooJin's injuries were a little more serious, he's been blacking out from time to time and such. Right now, they are taking the breathing mask off him to see if he needs it and monitoring him so if he needing it, then they'll be ready to put it on him again," Lay explained to the exact same thing to Sehun as he did to Jongin.

"How did you two even get into the hospital? You didn't tell us during the last visits," Sehun asked. Suho explained, once again, the whole story about the idiotic driver who drove on the wrong side of the road. "Oh my gosh, whoa" Sehun let out in utter suprise. 

Who drives on the wrong side of the road?! he thought.

Sehun looked around the room and noticed his little Yunseo sleeping in Jongdae's arms. He missed his little princess so much today!

"Here, I'll take her off your hands," Sehun said holding out his arms towards Jongdae. Jongdae smiled and gave Yunseo to him. "She looked awfully tired, Sehun, is she sleeping well?" Jongdae asked as he placed the sleeping girl in Sehun's arms.

"Well she couldn't sleep last night. She wouldn't tell us why she couldn't, I think she's just been getting bad dreams, but she ended sleeping pretty late. We had to wake her upbearly today due to work and had to drop her off at Jongin's," Sehun explained and then turned towards Jongin, "Was she okay when she was with you?"

"She was a little tired but she played a lot with HyeSoo. I was giving them lunch but she wouldn't eat much," Jongin answered. 

"You should check her, make sure she's not feeling bad or anything. Normally kids don't eat when they are sick," Suho told Sehun.

Jongdae let out a fake cough in order to get everyone's attention.

Chanyeol looked over to Jongdae, "Oh yeahh, I almost forgot. You're a doctor."

Jongdae rolled his eyes at Chanyeol, "I'm the freaking doctor for YOUR kids!!" 

"Ohhh yeahh" Chanyeol said as he remebered that Jongdae was the doctor for Dohyun and EunSoo.

Jongdae facepalmed himself and turned away to Sehun, "Well Sehun, I think Yunseo is just experiencing bad dreams so she only sleeps around people, kids feel safer around people rather than alone. As for her not eating, she might be like HyeSoo and not get hungry quickly. Just make sure she gets her meals and nutrition."

"Thanks Jongdae, I'll keep all that in mind," Sehun said.

"Another HyeSoo? Good luck, Sehun you're gonna need it," Jongin said with a laugh.

Sehun chuckled, "Thanks but no thanks. Yunseo was eating pretty well the other day, remember? The day Suho was first admitted to the hospital,"

"You say that now, but we'll see who's right" Jongin snickered.

"Yunseo and HyeSoo are so alike! It's super cute how their friendship is so close at such a young age!" Tao squealed. "Haha yeah," Sehun smiled at him. 

They were all interrupted by the ringing of Jongdae's cellphone. 

"Who is it?" Tao asked.

"Minseok," Jongdae replied. Kris smirked at him causing Jongdae to roll his eyes as he answered the phone, "What's up, babe?"

"Hey, are you with Suho?" Minseok asked.

"Yes I'm with him, is something wrong?" Jongdae replied.

"Are Sehun and Jongin with you?" Minseok asked ignoring Jongdae's question.

"Yes they are, did something happen?"

Jongdae started to hear a small laugh from the other boy, "Nothing's wrong, Jongdae, relax."

"Uh, okay. Why did you ask about Sehun and Jongin?" 

"Tell them that Luhan and Kyungsoo are going to meet them at the hospital. Also, I'm going to go home so you can stay at the hospital or come home, your choice," Minseok responded leaving Jongdae confused about why Minseok wasn't coming along.

"Why are you going home? Just come here and then we can go grab something to eat with everyone else," Jongdae suggested.

"As much as I'd like to, but I don't feel good and so I want to go home."

Jongdae became worried with the idea that his lover was pregneant and not feeling well, "Minseok? You're not feeling well? Do you want me to take you to the doctor? Is the baby okay? I'm coming, ok?" Jongdae's burst caused him to gain everyone's attention and now all of them were worried about Minseok.

Minseok smiled at how worried Jongdae had become, "I'm okay, Jongdae, relax. I believe everything is okay so don't worry so much. I'll meet you at home. Also stay at the hospital with Suho and them unless you want to come home."

"I'm going to come home now beca-" he was cut off by Minseok who finished his sentance for him, "Because you are worried about me?"

Jongdae could here Minseok's giggles which spread a smile on his face, "Yeah, because I am worried about you."

"You should stay though! If you want to," Minseok reassured but Jongdae still refused saying, "I don't want to stay anymore, I want to be with you"

"Okay well how's Kunwoo?" Minseok asked. 

"He's fine, he's getting along with the other kids. Also," he continued, "I'm gonna pick up food on my way home. Are you craving anything?" Jongdae already knew that with pregnancy comes cravings.

"No, nothing really."

"Okay then I'll be there soon okay? I love you, bye."

"Alright, I love you too," and with that they both ended the call.

Tao was the first to speak, "Is everything alright?"

"Minseok isn't feeling very well so I'm goning to go home and check up on him," Jongdae replied. He then turned to Kunwoo, "Kunwoo, we're leaving." Kunwoo bid all the kids goodbye who were upset to see him leave.

"Call us if you need anything," Sehun told Jongdae. "Thanks, also Luhan and Kyungsoo are on their way here," Jongdae told Jongin and Sehun. They nodded. Jongdae took Kunwoo's hand and with one final "goodbye," they were walking through the door and into the hallway.

 

 

"Ughhh, I'm starting to feel really tired," Tao groaned which quickly grabbed Kris's attention. "Are you okay?" Kris asked his lover while rubbing circles on his back for confort. "Yeah, I just feel tired and have a headache," Tao responded.

"You should go home and rest, Tao, it's getting late as it is," Lay suggested.

"It's only ten o'clock at night," Tao protested like a child but Kris thought it was simply adorable.

"Don't push yourself, Lay is right you should go rest. You should take care of yourself since you're pregnant and all," Kyungsoo imformed him. Luhan and Kyungsoo arrived at the hospital about two hours ago.

Kris agreed, "Kyungsoo's right, babe. If you feel tired then we should get going so you can rest at home."

"Of course I'm right, I'm always right," Kyungsoo said obiously pleased.

Chanyeol then let out a snort while trying to supress a laugh, "Alright, you are always right," he said in a sarcastic tone earning a death stare from Kyungsoo. Chanyeol then tried to cover up his mistake of making fun of Kyungsoo, "No! I w-wasn't sarcastic..haha..you're a-always r-right, Kyungsoo!" It sounded so fake and full of stuttering but what can he say? Kyungsoo just grinned, obviously pleased with himself, and turned back to focus on the conversation.

"Ughhh," Tao groaned, "let's go, Kris."

"Sure thing," Kris replied as he got up from his spot.

They bid their farewells to the others and walked out.

As they walked down the hall towards the elevator Tao asked Kris, "Minseok wasn't feeling good either. We should go visit them on our way home don't you think?" 

They approached the elevator and Kris pressed the button. They waited for the elevator's doors to open. He turned to Tao,  "I guess it would be nice to drop by but I thought you weren't feeling well? Shouldn't you rest?" 

"I can hold off," Tao said with a reassuring smile.

"Alright. But we'll go for a little while, you still need rest," Kris said firmly. "Yay!!!" Tao jumped up causing Kris to smirk, cute.

"Why is the elevator taking so longed!!" Tao pouted with his arms crossed obviously angry.

Oh my gosh why is he so adorable? Kris thought, but his thoughts were cut off with a punch on his arm by Tao.

"Heyy!! What was that all about??" Kris yelped.

"Pabo!! The sign says this elevator is not in service!!" Tao's voice broke which made it sound that he was close to crying

Damn hormones, Kris thought while attempting to calm Tao down, "Relax, babe, there's other elevators we can take."

Tao started to cry, causing Kris to attempt to confort him. He pulled him into his arms causing Tao to cry into his chest. 

Once Tao stopped crying and basically forgot what he was crying about they headed to another elevator. They left the hospital and got seated comfortably into their car.

"To Minseok's?" Kris asked as he started up the car. He knew the answer was going to be yes but he wanted to make sure Tao was sure, after all, he wasn't really feeling very well.

Just as he thought Tao replied, "yes" and they were off.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

So I'm gonna end it there. Sorry for the super long wait! School and stuffffff... I'm going to try to update again really soon! Also plz comment c: