Chapter 3

Keep Holding On

Kris pulled into the driveway of the big house which belonged to Jongdae and Minseok. He would've rather taken Tao home since he wasn't feeling well which resulted into them leaving the hospital earlier than expected. Even though he thought this way, he couldn't say no to his lover.

"Their house is so nice," Tao said in awe as Kris finished parking.

"I know," Kris laughed, "you point that out every time we visit them."

"Well it's true!"

Kris smiled at Tao's protest, "Yes it's nice, now come on. The sooner we go in, the sooner we go home."

"They're your friends too Kris," Tao said sternly.

"I know! It's not that I don't want to see them, I do want to, but you're not feeling well."

Tao smiled and planted a quick kiss on Kris's lips.

With Kris feeling satisfied, the couple got out of the car and walked towards the front door with their fingers entangled together.

Kris rang the doorbell which caused Tao to raise a hand to his head as if he was in pain.

Automatically assuming something was wrong, Kris asked, "Babe, are you ok?"

"Yeah, their doorbell is annoying, ugh. My head hurts."

"Are you sure you don't want to go home?"

"Yes I'm sure," Tao answered, "I want to see if Minseok is okay since he couldn't make it to the hospital."

Kris still looked unconvinced but the conversation broke when the door swung open.

"Hey Jongdae!!" Tao greeted very happily.

"Oh hey guys! I thought you would still be at the hospital, is anyone else with you?" Jongdae smiled.

"No just us, the rest are still at the hospital," Kris said.

"Oh, then come in," Jongdae started leading the couple to the living room, "how come the two of you left the hospital earlier than everyone else?"

"Tao wasn't feeling well," Kris answered.

"And we wanted to check on Minseok," Tao finished their answer.

Jongdae smiled at the mention of Minseok, "That's nice of you two, but Tao, considering you are pregneant, you should listen to your body. If you didn't feel well then you should go home and get some rest."

"Thanks for your concern, Jongdae, but I'll be fine!"

Jongdae smiled and they entered the living room.

Tao couldn't help but smile even brighter from what he saw at that moment. A very tired-looking Minseok was sitting on the couch with his legs crossed. Kunwoo was in his arms and he was blabbering something which seemed to make Minseok smile. The two had a thin blanket over them, and to Tao, this was such an adorable scene to walk upon. This scene reminded Tao how he couldn't wait to have his own child in his arms.

Noticing the couple, Minseok broke away from Kunwoo. "Hey guys," he said is a faint voice, "sit."

The couple sat down on the other couch with their hands still together while Jongdae sat next to Kunwoo who was wrapped in Minseok's arms.

"Hey," Kris replied, "You ok?"

Minseok smiled, "Yeah, I'm fine,” he then turned to Kunwoo, “Say annyeong to your uncles.”

Kunwoo smiled at Tao and Kris, “Annyeonghaseyo!”

“Haha annyeong Kunwoo,” Tao said and Kris smiled brightly.

”Shouldn't you two still be at the hospital with everyone else? Or did you guys decide to leave early?" Minseok asked, breaking the conversation between the couple and the little boy.

"We wanted to see how you were doing," Tao smiled.

"And," Kris interjected, "Tao wasn't feeling well so we decided to leave early."

Tao rolled his eyes at Kris which caused Kris to smile.

"Tao, you should get some rest if you don't feel well," Minseok said.

"I will, don't worry. So, are you sure you're fine?" Tao asked.

"Yes Tao," Minseok smiled. He replied in the same groggy yet faint voice he has been using throughout the conversation.

"You don't sound very good," Kris asked, concerned.

"Well we are going to go to the hospital tomorrow, for a check," Jongdae said, "everything will be fine."

"That's good, Minseok you should rest," Tao said.

Minseok chuckled, "You should rest too"

"Okay, my head is about to explode," Tao said and turned to Kris, "let's go home?"

"Yeah, sure," Kris smiled.

"I can make you guys some tea before you leave, if you want," Jongdae offered.

"No, that's ok, but thanks for the offer," Tao smiled, "I really want to rest now."

Jongdae smiled back, "No problem, you should rest."

"We'll walk you two out," Minseok said while he got up from his spot. Kunwoo was fast asleep otherwise he would be saying goodbye to the couple as well.

As they walked towards the door, Tao told Minseok to rest and feel better.

"I will," Minseok replied, "don't worry so much."

Tao then turned to Jongdae, "Make sure you take him the hospital tomorrow"

Jongdae smiled, "of course, now you go rest."

"You guys should stop by more often!" Minseok said.

"Haha, we would if you guys weren't always busy," Kris said with a laugh.

"We aren't always busy," Jongdae protested.

Kris smiled, "Ok, let's meet up tomorrow."

Jongdae rolled his eyes yet he laughed, "Can't, we are going to the hospital."

"Day after tomorrow?" Kris pressed on.

"Can't, I have to take Kunwoo to the dentist that Saturday."

"Anytime this weekend?" Kris kept going.

"Can't we are going to my parents' house in China after Kunwoo's dentist appointment with Baek," Jongdae smiled.

"Minseok is going to travel overseas!?" Tao yelped out.

Minseok bursted into laughter and playfully hit Jongdae's arm, "No. know he's just making up stuff."

"I thought he was serious!" Tao let out.

"I know, me too. Good one," Kris smiled at Jongdae.

"I try, I try. Hold the applause," Jongdae laughed.

"Seriously, though, are you two free this weekend?" Kris asked.

Jongdae looked over to Minseok who said, "I don't think we are busy besides Kunwoo's appointment."

"Great! Let's grab dinner or something on Saturday!" Tao exclaimed.

"Sure, we'll discuss the details later," Jongdae said.

"UMMMAA! APPPPAAA!" Kunwoo cried from the living room. He had woken up and noticed his parents weren't with him. The little boy became scared that his parents had left him.

"We're coming" Jongdae shouted to the little boy who kept crying.

"See you guys!" Minseok said.

"Alright bye guys," Tao said.

Jongdae closed the door behind the couple.

Kunwoo's cries could be heard and Minseok waddled to the living room to his little boy and Jongdae closely followed him. When Minseok entered the living room, he was pelted by Kunwoo which caused him to let out a faint, but audible cry of pain. Jongdae picked up Kunwoo who was letting out quiet hiccups and burried his head into Jongdae's chest.

"Babe, are you okay?" Jongdae said worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Minseok said as he went to take a seat.

Jongdae sat next to him and placed Kunwoo on his lap. He was very worried about Minseok's health, considering he wasn't this weak when he was pregnant with Kunwoo.

Jongdae looked down at Kunwoo who was crying even more, "Kunwoo why are you crying?" he said sweetly.

"I thought-t appa and umma l-left me a-alone," Kunwoo said in between sobs.

"But we are here, why are you still crying so much?"

"K-Kunwoo h-hurt umma"

Minseok gave Kunwoo a reassuring smile, "You didn't hurt umma, umma is ok now."

"Umma not mad at Kunwoo?" Kunwoo hiccuped.

Minseok laughed a little, "No, umma not mad at Kunwoo."

Kunwoo beamed and gave Minseok a small hug, it wasn't how Kunwoo normally would've hugged his umma and Minseok caught this quickly. Kunwoo already knew Minseok had his little brother or sister in his stomach, though at first he thought Minseok ate the baby. Minseok thought that Kunwoo's little hug was so he won't hurt him or the child inside him, Kunwoo was scared.

"I'll make you tea," Jongdae said which broke Minseok from his thoughts. "oh, thanks"

After a few minutes in which Jongdae went to the kitchen, Minseok got up from his spot, and is the midst of doing so he felt a tug on his cardigan.

Kunwoo was playing with the end of Minseok’s cardigan. He looked up when he noticed his umma was no longer sitting next to him, “Umma! Where are you going?” he said without letting go of the cardigan.

Minseok threw a smile at him, “I’ll be back, I’m gonna go check on your appa, ok?”

Kunwoo nodded in response and let go of Minseok.

Once Minseok entered the kitchen, Jongdae looked up.

“Babe, go sit down with Kunwoo,” he said as he rushed to Minseok.

Minseok placed his arms around Jongdae’s neck while Jongdae arms found their way around Minseok’s waist.

“I’m fine, Jongdae,” Minseok said, his voice sounding even worse than before.

Jongdae laughed since Minseok was saying he was okay when his voice is so faint and groggy, “No, babe, you need to rest.”

Minseok didn’t want to go through this conversation again so he skipped to what was on his mind, “Kunwoo has been acting different.”

Jongdae’s smile fell, “Yeah I noticed it too, but don’t worry, he’ll be okay.”

“Jongdae, he’s scared he’s gonna hurt me.”

“Well, we just got to let him know that there’s nothing to be afraid off.”

Jongdae’s face was getting closer to Minseok’s, “Minseok, don’t worry so much.”

Minseok stared into Jongdae’s eyes, oh how he loved those eyes, “uh, okaaay.”

Jongdae smiled, and leaned in to close the gap between their lips, it was a passionate kiss but Minseok pulled away sooner than Jongdae would had liked.

“My tea?” Minseok laughed.

Jongdae also laughed, “If you didn’t distract me then it would’ve been ready by now.”

“You should learn to multitask,” Minseok joked as he unwrapped his arms from Jongdae’s neck.

“Is this how you thank me for making you tea?” Jongdae laughed.

“What tea?” Minseok continued to joke as he exited the kitchen, leaving a smiling Jongdae in the kitchen.

Minseok smiled at the sleeping Kunwoo that welcomed him into the living room.

He wanted to go upstairs and tuck him in rather than have the boy sleep on the couch but his belly made it hard for him to go up the stairs himself and he was too weak to even pick Kunwoo up. Jongdae will have to do it, he thought.

He scooted Kunwoo over so that Kunwoo was sleeping in his arms, Minseok smiled even brighter.

Few minutes later Jongdae came in, grinning, and placed Minseok’s tea on the side table, “you’re welcome.”

Minseok laughed, “But I didn’t say thank you.”

“You were thinking it.”

“Definitely not.”

“So mean~”

“Hahaha, I’m just kidding! Thanks for the tea Jongdae.”

“You are welcomed,” Jongdae said with a little too much pride.

Jongdae stood in front of Minseok, “Here I’ll take Kunwoo upstairs.”

Minseok smiled and placed the little boy into Jongdae’s waiting arms, “thanks”

Jongdae laughed, “I swear your voice is getting worse and worse.”

Minseok scowled, “not my fault.”

Jongdae let out a small laugh and walked away with Kunwoo in his arms.


 

 

Kris woke up to an empty bed, he looked over to the clock which had a red “12:02AM” glowing on it. He wondered where Tao would’ve gone at midnight when he realized. Cravings. He got up and headed towards the kitchen.

“Babe?” he said when entering the kitchen and there he has Tao eating soondae.

“I see you woke up,” Tao smiled.

“Yeah, I wanted to see where you were,” he looked at the soondae, “cravings?”

Tao nodded and Kris laughed, “You don’t even like Soondae!”

“I like it right now,” Tao protested while Kris took a seat next to him and leaned in to give Tao a quick peck on the lips.

Kris reached out his hand to grab a piece of pork when another hand slapped him, “no!”

Hormones. “Ahh okaaay, eat and then we’ll go to bed,” he then placed a hand on Tao’s stomach, “Eat well and grow, baby, we will see you soon.”

Tao smiled at this moment but then continued stuffing soondae in his mouth.

Once he was finished, Kris got up. “I’ll take the bowl.”

Tao smiled, “thanks” and he planted a kiss on his lover’s cheek.

After Kris washed the dish, they walked back to their bedroom. They got into the covers and Tao rested his head on Kris’s chest, like a pillow. Once they were both comfortable, Kris spoke.

“I can’t wait to see our baby.”

Tao smiled, “Me too.”

“If it’s a boy, he will be very handsome and if it’s a girl, she’ll be absolutely gorgeous! And then he or she will learn to crawl and walk and we will feed her or him the best food and buy him or her anything they want and  we are going to make sure they do good is school and they’ll have their own little friends and he or she will speak three languages because you will teach him or her Chinese and I will teach her or him English and and-”

“Someone’s excited.” Tao grinned and kissed his lover’s soft lips.

“We are going to be the best parents, I want to spoil or child and make sure he or she has a happy life, you know?”

“I know, but for now we have to wait a little bit. It’s getting late, go to sleep.”

Kris smiled, “Goodnight, babe. I love you so much.”

Tao smiled, “I love you too, goodnight.”

The two of them then drifted off to sleep and the only thing could be heard was the steady breathing between the two.

 

------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry for a late update! I have had a lot going on with theater rehearsals and work and school and stuff!

Anyways does anyone live in Houston, TX? Did you go to the rodeo? Please comment if you did! I went for the first time in my life and had so much fun and I saw Ariana Grande preform!  Tell me if you liked the Rodeo or not!! Tell me about your Rodeo experience!

Does anyone live in Dallas, TX? I recently went there for spring break and I loved it!! I went to a lot of Korean and Japanese stores and I bought some stuff haha! It was a really nice city, I really liked it. Tell me about places in Dallas I should see or talk to me if you want to talk about experiences or something in Dallas haha!

Comment and talk to me about anything!! I'd really like to have communication with all my readers!

And since you guys waited so long, why not a double update? Hahaha, enjoy the double update guys! I love you all!!