Chapter 4

Keep Holding On

“Hey Kai what time is it?” Chanyeol yawned.

“Almost 12:30 in the morning.”

“Ughh why are we all still even here!” Baekhyun yelled.

“Hey!” Suho yelled.

Luhan laughed, “Umm Baek, we are waiting on our friend’s child’s results.”

“Oh yeahhhh,” Baekhyun remembered.

Lay facepalmed himself, “You guys don’t have to stay, it’s late and most of you have to go to work early in the morning.”

“Nah, this is more important, besides we’re your friends,” Sehun reassured him.

“The doctorsarrow-10x10.png could hurry it up though,” Baekhyun muttered in annoyance.

“Baek!” Luhan laughed.

“Sorry but it’s true!”

“Baek, the doctorsarrow-10x10.png are trying hard, Suho and WooJin aren’t the only patients,” Kyungsoo reasoned.

“I know, I know.” Baek said as he sat back in his chair.

They were all in Suho’s hospital room. WooJin didn’t wake up yet which worried Suho and Lay, but they both hoped that he will be ok. The doctors took WooJin in for tests to see if he could perhaps breathe without tubes and some other things as well. So there they all sat waiting for the doctorarrow-10x10.png’s news about WooJin, it felt like an eternity but the guys thought the only people who had a good enough reason to have left was Tao, Kris, Minseok, and Jongdae.

The children were all fast asleep in their parents’ arms. HyeSoo in Jongin’s arms, Yunseo in Sehun’s arms, EunSoo in Baekhyun’s arms, and Dohyun in Chanyeol’s arms.

At that moment the doctorarrow-10x10.png walked in with a clipboard.

“FINALLY!” Baekhyun jumped up with EunSoo in his arms.

“Baekhyun! The kids are sleeping!! Shhh,” Kyunsoo scolded him.

“Don’t mind them,” Luhan smiled at the doctor who smiled back.

“Mr. Zhang?” the doctor said.

Lay got up, “Is WooJin alright?”

“We placed him in Children’s ICU but-”

“He got worse??”

“Now don’t jump to conclusions!”

“He wasn’t in ICU before!”

“Ummm,” Kyungsoo interjected, “Can you two speak a little quieter? Children are sleeping.”

Chanyeol laughed, “Soo, that was so interesting! Why you gotta end the fun?”

Kyungsoo and Lay glared at Chanyeol, but it was Kyungsoo who scared Chanyeol enough so that he remained quiet.

The doctorarrow-10x10.png turned back to Lay, “Mr. Zhang, we are going to keep WooJin in ICU until he wakes up and when he can successfully breathe without the use of machines and tubes. You can stay with him in there all you want, and it might just be for a few days. It’s for the best, he needs the extra care right now, and I know you understand that.”

Lay nodded, “Alright but,” he looked over to the sleeping Suho.

The doctorarrow-10x10.png’s eyes followed Lay’s, “I can tell him when he wakes up if you’d like.”

“No, I should tell him. I think that would be better, I know how to speak to him better since I know him and I know how he is.”

The doctorarrow-10x10.png smiled at Lay, “One more thing, when going back and forth between rooms, don’t feel stressed. A lot of people in these situations feel stressed about who they should stay with. He,” the doctorarrow-10x10.png looked over to Suho, “will be happy when you are with him, but he will also feel happy knowing WooJin isn’t alone. As for WooJin, he’s a kid and he’s going to be scared, even though he’s unconscious, you want to be there when he wakes up. Now I’m not saying to stay with WooJin 24/7 and not with Suho, there will be times when WooJin will be taken in for tests and times when Suho might need you so just remember that whoever you are with, the other is also doing very well on their own.”

“Thanks doctor. I will keep that in mind.”

“Don’t forget the fabulous friends who will help you!” Baekhyun said.

Luhan, who was sitting next to Baekhyun let out a soft laugh, “Okay, baek haha.”

“I will let you know if there’s anymore news on WooJin,” the doctor said before exiting.

“Way to go Baekhyun,” Jongin laughed, “you scared the doctor away!”

Baekhyun scowled at Jongin whose smile was too big for Baekhyun’s liking.

Lay sat next to his sleeping lover.

“Don’t worry Lay! Everything will be okay!” Baekhyun reassured him.

Lay faked a smile, “yeah,” he mumbled.

Luhan spoke, “Lay, they put WooJin in ICU so he will get more attention. He could get better faster and once he’s all better, you will have your sweet WooJin back.”

Luhan was great at comforting people, Lay being one under his spell.

“Thanks, Lu,” he beamed, “he’ll be alright.”

“No question about that,” Kyungsoo smiled.

“Thanks everyone for staying so late, but now that we know the results of WooJin; I think it’s time for you guys to go home,” Lay said happily.

“Don’t mention it, dude,” Jongin stretched, “I’m so tired.”

“Let’s go home,” Kyungsoo’s sweet voice rang, “Take care Lay.”

“Thank you, have a safe trip home.”

“Thanks!” Jongin said and the three of them walked out through the door.

Once they reached the car, Jongin placed HyeSoo in the backseat and buckled her seatbelt.

“Appa?” she said with half open eyes.

“We are going home baby,” he kissed her cheek and she drifted back to dreamland.

“Did she wake up?” Kyungsoo asked when Jongin sat down in the driver’s seat.

“Kinda, she went back to sleep though,” Jongin answered.

“Oh okay, I’m so ready to go home sleep.”

Jongin smirked, “Yeah, me too. But who knows you might not get sleep tonight.”

“Ugh not tonight Jongin.”

Jongin pouted, “You're no fun.”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes but smiled, “I’m tirrreeeeddd,” he pouted back.

“Fine you can sleep.”

“Yay!” Kyungsoo cheered, happy with his victory.

Jongin then kissed Kyungsoo’s soft lips who happily kissed back, making the kiss passionate. Neither of them wanted to pull back, but sadly they needed to breathe.

“Are you still sure you want to sleep?” Jongdae smirked; their faces just centimeters away.

Instead of answering, Kyungsoo pressed his lips onto Jongin’s, but this time he pulled back sooner than Jongin would have liked.

“I guess I’m not getting sleep tonight,” Kyungsoo whispered.

Jongin, clearly happy with himself, started the car and drove home.

 

 

 

 

“I’m really tired too,” Chanyeol yawned, “ughhh why do I have to go to work tomorrow?”

“So you can pay the bills, pabo,” Baekhyun hit the back of Chanyeol’s head lightly, “and it’s not like you’re the only one going to work. I have work tomorrow too.”

The couple got up, ready to leave.

“Goodbye Lay, remember take care of yourself too,” Baekhyun said.

“Wait,” Luhan said, “let’s walk out together?”

“Okay,” Baekhyun said with a smile.

“Bye Lay, make sure to get some sleep,” Luhan said.

“See you guys,” Lay smiled.

“Bye dude, take care,” Sehun said.

“Thanks man.”

“Alright, bye Lay”, Chanyeol said.

“Goodbye, Yeol. Take care everyone.”

The two families walked out through the door.

Once they exited through the main doors, Chanyeol asked Sehun, “Where did you guys park?”

“I parked that way,” he used his eyes to point ‘left’ since his hands were holding a sleeping Yunseo, “but Luhan came in his own car.”

Sehun looked over to Luhan, “Babe, where did you park?”

“To the right.”

“We parked that way too,” Baekhyun said, “Walk with us, Lu.”

Luhan smiled, “Alright,” he turned to Sehun, “Hunnie, you want me to take Yunseo or?”

“Nah I got her.”

“Alright, see you when I get home,” Luhan said and gave Sehun a quick peck on the lips.

He was now walking with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, “You’re working tomorrow right?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yes but I only work half my hours tomorrow, I get off early.”

“Oh so what time do you get off?” Baekhyun asked.

“Noon,” Luhan beamed, “Why are you two asking? You should know that I get off at noon on Fridays.”

“Yeollie is working late so I wanted to know if you were free? We should go shopping!” Baekhyun said.

Luhan smiled, “Of course!”

“Yayy! Wait!! Will Sehun be okay with this?”

“He won’t mind,” Luhan reassured.

“Okay good, I don’t want him snapping my neck.”

Luhan laughed, “Are you  going to bring EunSoo and Dohyun?”

“No, Chanyeol’s mom  has been wanting me to drop the kids off since she wants to see them again.”

“Oh so you’re dropping them off there?”

“Yeah, are you bringing Yunseo?”

Luhan started unsurely, “Well now that EunSoo and Dohyun aren’t going then-”

“Lu, you should bring her!”

Luhan smiled, “She’s going to be bored, Baek.”

“One, I’m going to be there and I’m a fun person. Two, you’re going to be there and she loves you; you’re her umma! Three, she likes going out and if all fails, then I’ll treat her to whatever she wants.”

Luhan laughed, “I’ll bring her since there’s really no place I could leave her.”

They reached Luhan’s car and he opened the door to the driver’s seat but he stood, “ Also,” he continued. “Jongin was telling Sehun that Yunseo hasn’t been eating, so good luck bribing her with food.”

The two laughed, “Well we will see you, Lu. I’ll text you about the plan tomorrow.”

“Alright see you Baek, goodbye Chanyeol.”

“Later Han,” Chanyeol said.

Luhan got into the car and started it. He drove away which left the couple walking towards their own car. Once they arrived to their car, Baekhyun placed EunSoo into the backseat while Chanyeol put Dohyun down. They both got into the car and put on their seatbelts.

“I’m so ready to go home.”

“Me too, babe.’

“Sleeeeeeep.”

“Will we sleep?” Chanyeol smirked, earning a whack behind the head from Baekhyun.

“I want to sleep!!” he protested.

“Ok, ok. You can sleep!” Chanyeol said in disappointment.

Baekhyun smiled, “Yay!”

Chanyeol sighed, next time, he thought to himself.

Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol’s face and planted a kiss on his lover’s  lips, which Chanyeol eagerly pressed back on. The kiss was long but they were human and they needed to breathe.

“That’s all you get tonight,” Baekhyun laughed.

“Fineeeee,” Chanyeol gave in, but nevertheless he smiled too.

He started the car and they happily drove home.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See you guys in the next chap!

Don't forget to subscribe and comment!!