Final

All At Once

Chapter 6

“Kyuhyun ah” Yesung spoke, causing Kyuhyun to jump a little, not really ready for any more surprises, his nerves more frayed than he cared to admit to be frank, more settled now that he had rationalized the whole thing and managed to convince himself that Jongjin was none the wiser about the whole thing and that he had successful averted a crisis.

Of your own doing.

Yeah…well….he was choosing to forget about that, especially since it was instinct to answer the phone.

Kyuhyun hadn’t heard Yesung enter and was thus surprised by his close proximity, once more patting his chest to get his heart to settle once again, more on edge than he should be but who could blame him.

really was a traumatic experience.

He didn’t open his eyes even, feeling much too drained to live life, much less anything else, but could manage a small tug of his lips when he felt Yesung get into bed with him, sure the older man just wanted to comfort him and maybe himself before he yelled at him for being so damn careless as to answer his phone for him so early in the morning.

Yesung as Kyuhyun expected, cuddled up to him, not making Kyuhyun shift at all, just fitting himself at his side, body lean against Kyuhyun’s, Yesung’s head finding itself in its usual spot just beneath his chin, a possessive hand around his chest and legs that tangle themselves naturally. Kyuhyun was not lazy enough to miss an opportunity to hold his boyfriend, a hand on Yesung’s waist and another at his back, a makeshift hug in silence.

Kyuhyun finally opened his eyes, wanting to see Yesung, but wished he didn’t when he saw how troubled he looked, face withdrawn and eyes staring at the wall opposite, mind likely working a mile a minute and Kyuhyun resisted the urge to sigh.

Was it that bad?

Kyuhyun had a million things to say but for now kept quiet, just wanting to enjoy the heat and the weight of him and the knowledge that he could have that sort of thing, even if it were for a short amount of time. If Yesung decided that they needed to take protective measures, that is, distance between them, there was nothing he would be able to do and that would be it for a while. He might as well cherish it whilst he could.

To settle his heart on that point he leaned downwards and pressed a kiss to Yesung’s hair and then another to his forehead as hands squeezed soft flesh gently, remembering what it felt like to have him in his arms.

Kyuhyun was surprised when Yesung turned to him though, especially since he smiled.

Bight and warm and filled with love and it was infinitely beautiful.

It was sad that it only lasted a few seconds, though Kyuhyun was sure he had burned it into the back of his mind, one of those smiles that seemed to set his body on fire but eased his heart and mind.

Yesung frowned a little, his eyes dark and thoughtful, though he did try to school his expression into something less troublesome or worrisome, looking Kyuhyun in the eye.

“That…well…that was close” Yesung said with a little strain, clearly reflecting on their almost destruction.

He swore he thought he would die when he realized that was his phone ringing, ignoring at first whilst he was in the kitchen making himself some coffee and searching through the cupboards to see if there was anything he could make for breakfast that Kyuhyun wouldn’t hate.

He was not an awful cook but he wasn’t that good either.

He found some parcelled meals though, which is mother probably left for him, but they looked more lunch type. He found some bread that he could probably toast and some eggs he could make an omelette with. He was in the middle of deciding if Kyuhyun would like that, supposing that they could just go out to breakfast, but with Kyuhyun’s laziness that was unlikely. He supposed he could just leave breakfast up to the manager and just get some tea for him, but he sort of wanted to have breakfast with Kyuhyun. He knew he had to be out soon to get back to the dorms but it was early and he was sure he could have breakfast with Kyuhyun before he left. It was the reason that he was up and about so early and not snuggled close to Kyuhyun.

His ringing phone was the last thing on his mind; sure it was alright since Kyuhyun normally slept through an alarm, much less a ringing phone. Even when it stopped he wasn’t so worried, figuring the caller thought better of it and disconnected. It was only when he heard the muffled sound of Kyuhyun’s voice that he became concerned and it was full on panic when he could recognize that Kyuhyun had answered his phone and he knew that it was likely to be Jongjin, his brother like a slave driver sometimes, no care for time at all.

When he entered into the room he nearly died, his suspicions confirmed and he instantly knew that he was in a hell of a lot of trouble. Jongjin was already so damn suspicion, which really was to be expected. It was not as if he was good at hiding things from his brother and he had been careless from time to time, especially when he was emotional and worried regarding Kyuhyun. It didn’t help that Jongjin was smart and observant and he was nearly positive that Jongjin already knew about him and Kyuhyun but was just not sure enough to say anything about it.

Sometimes he hinted but Yesung was mindful never to add any information. He wanted him to ask if he wanted to know more and Jongjin would be too shy and concerned to ask about it and that would buy him and Kyuhyun some time.

A phone call like that was sure to do a lot of clarifying to Jongjin.

Kyuhyun saved their asses though, that much he was sure of.

“I’m sorry…I didn’t realize that it was yours and then it was too late to do anything about it and I am really just …sorry” Kyuhyun said with a low voice, genuinely sorry that he caused the problem to begin with.

If he was just a little more careful or just mindful of his environment then the entire situation could have been avoided. He didn’t even pay attention to the rightone or that it was not his own phone and given how cautious they had to act with each other, he was very careless. Being lulled into a false sense of security was his mistake. Yesung’s scent in his nostrils and the warmth fading from beside him, too happy to care too much, just lost in that world that they created together.

As it turned out, he had allowed himself to get too comfortable, forgetting that he was in Yesung’s house and if caught that he would be made to suffer. Part of him was overjoyed that Yesung could make him feel so safe and untroubled, but he did realize how problematic it could be if ever allowed himself to forget the unique circumstances of his and Yesung’s situation.

Why was he such an idiot?

“No….it’s not your fault. Don’t think of it like that” Yesung assured with heartfelt sincerity, reaching upwards to hold onto Kyuhyun’s cheek, pulling him down for a sweet nearly chaste comforting kiss, wanting him to know that he is no way blamed it.

It wasn’t Kyuhyun’s fault.

Well…..it was, in the sense that he answered the phone, but Yesung knew that it came from his carelessness as well and that bit of bad luck. Normally Kyuhyun slept through three alarms plus but today just had to be the day that he was awoken by the phone ringing. He supposed it was probably because Kyuhyun had anticipated having to get up early so his mind was more attune to things like that, but at the end of the day, he was the one that let it get as far as it did by leaving the phone there.

It happened. There was no point playing the blame game now. They were both shaken up and he really just wanted to get past the whole thing.

He also didn’t want Kyuhyun blaming himself.

Yesung eventually pulled away, basically lying on Kyuhyun’s chest by then, wanting to stay close. They both needed the comfort right about then, his heart shaken and his mind running away with the possibilities and the glaring truth that had just come out of that situation.

He affectionately kissed at Kyuhyun’s nose and cheeks, Kyuhyun’s hand on his back, slipping beneath his t-shirt, tracing soothing circles on the small of his back, a habit that Kyuhyun had long picked up, something that always seemed to calm them both, just as the small hand that climbed into Kyuhyun’s hair, small fingers pushing back the mass of puppy hair from Kyuhyun’s forehead, where a kiss was planted, Yesung resting his own forehead against the area for a few seconds.

“Hyung” Kyuhyun began, not really wanting to speak, to voice the fear and the concern that he knew thrummed in their bellies. Saying it gave it life and he didn’t know if he wanted to that, but ignoring it was probably just as bad.

They were scared. Both of them were. They didn’t know what to do and couldn’t deal with their families. Couldn’t even come close to owning their love and fighting for it.

What did that say about their relationship?

Yesung didn’t speak, he only pressed his lips to Kyuhyun’s temple, long and unyielding for what felt like a lifetime.

“Just…in time” Yesung said, trying to sound convincing or so it seemed to Kyuhyun.

His voice was steady but Kyuhyun could feel the way it wavered, how it seemed to wish to be stronger than it actually was. Kyuhyun knew him well and it seemed Yesung knew him just the same, seemingly reading his mind.

He supposed Yesung would focus on it just as he did; in his nature to do so really. However, if Yesung was willing to be strong about it, then he should be as well. It was frightening, but maybe they needed time. He knew that there was always that risk, that it would never be easy for them. He knew he would have to be strong, but that didn’t mean he had to be invincible. In time, as their relationship strengthened and their minds and heart were set, they would feel strong enough to push the issue to the end.

All in its due time.

“It’ll be alright. Everything is alright” Yesung assured him, wanting to take care of Kyuhyun in the moment, and maybe just trying to settle his own mind.

There was no damage done and from his chat with Jongjin, he didn’t pick up any real suspicion. He had dealt with the ribbing he got for being careless and forgetful, but he didn’t pick up any real disbelief in Jongjin’s tone. Admittedly, it wasn’t the first time he had left his phone at the dorms either, forgetting it on the couch and so on, but he was normally more careful in public places, not wanting to cause an issue. He had protected files and so on, but he still had to be cautious in public. It is not as if files couldn’t be hacked and so on, so he knew he had not be more careful with things like that. Being forgetful at the dorms was common though and that was probably why Jongjin believed it so easily. Kyuhyun was smart to come up with that.

His BabyKyu was always so smart ~

All’s well that ends well….or at least, that doesn’t end in disaster, so he figured it was okay. They would get stronger each day and when they were good and ready they would come clean. They would think about it and make the right decisions and go to their parents with the right amount of sincerity. He would do whatever it took to make Kyuhyun’s parents not hate him at least. He didn’t think they would accept him, and he could understand that, but he didn’t want it to hurt anyone too much.

In time. All in time.

Kyuhyun tried for a weak smile, just as he leaned forward for another soothing kiss, this time not even caring that he hadn’t brushed his teeth, the kiss though non-intrusive.

“I love you” Kyuhyun breathed against Yesung’s lips.

Spontaneous confessions of love were not their sort of thing to be honest, rarely ever having the need to utter the words, both conscious of the fact that the feelings between them were very well shared and would be that way for a long time. Kyuhyun had his doubts about Yesung in the past, but it was never that the older man didn’t love him, he just doubted his commitment to their relationship and his willingness to take these steps with Kyuhyun, or how much he valued Kyuhyun’s place in his life, never that he didn’t love him. Yesung loved him always and he did the same and that was something that they both didn’t really see the need to keep repeating.

It just didn’t form part of their relationship.

This time however he felt that it had to be said. That there was a need to reaffirm the feelings that were shared between them, to state what was deep in his heart. The little incident with Jongjin did not make him doubt Yesung’s love, though it ensure that he was more mindful of the fact that not only Yesung, but he himself was weary of the big reveal, just that he thought that was a need for it to be affirmed in each other’s presence. He loved the man and he wanted to be with him, even if he was terrified of being found out.

The words past his lips easily, his heart lighter after them, that customary warmth glowing deep within him.

“Love you too” Yesung responded in kind.

He accepted that they were necessary then, wanting the sentiment reflected even if it was awkward for him to do so normally. No matter what happened he would always love Kyuhyun no matter what. This time it had to be said, he knew as much, wanting to comfort Kyuhyun and ensure that they knew that this time Yesung was going to be at his side through it all. He had not been very good at such a thing before, but this time it would be different. He didn’t want to be that way anymore and had promised himself to be a better person for Kyuhyun and now was a good time to practice that.

With the words spoken, he smiled softly at Kyuhyun, nuzzling against Kyuhyun’s face and hair a little, a cute action mainly, Kyuhyun shifting a bit with him, before he inched towards Yesung’s lips to press a gentle chaste kiss, before he was once more hugging onto him tightly, Yesung resting against him.

They stayed like that for a few minutes, short but meaningful to both, their hearts seemingly beating as one, legs tangled with a soothing toe along Kyuhyun’s shin, but they were comfortable.

Kyuhyun wanted to just enjoy the contentment.

Yesung it seemed couldn’t stay still for very long, shifting about soon after, annoying the hell out of Kyuhyun, who really just wanted to cling onto his very handsome but annoying boyfriend for as long as possible before he was forced to get on a plane to Taiwan and not be back for a couple of days and then back into the thick of things.

He needed to hold him.

Yesung disagreed however, trying to dislodge himself. When his movements met with resistance however he abandoned the sneakiness [or that was how Kyuhyun viewed his actions] to just smack Kyuhyun’s shoulder a little.

“Let go” Yesung instructed with a little bit of exasperation that Kyuhyun found to be adorable.

“Not-“ Kyuhyun prepared to protest and disagree, but was stopped by a rather rude diseased baby finger that pressed to his lips to effectively shut him up.

“Don’t you even start” Yesung warned with a shake of his head whilst he untangled his feet and made his escape plans known.

“We can’t be lazy any more” Yesung stated whilst he was on the subject, being fully aware what the hands that were teasing at the skin on his back meant, Kyuhyun seemingly feeling a little clingy now after the little incident.

Or was just being a ert.

Probably the later, but he was willing to let it go and speak to Kyuhyun differently.

“Why don’t you get up and go freshen up and I will make you breakfast” Yeung proposed, supposing that it was a good  idea to feed the little brat and have him ready for his midday flight and it was a good way to move on from the heavier things.

They could and would go back to normal.

“You? Making breakfast??” Kyuhyun asked with exaggerated disbelief, making his eyes massive and face apprehensive, making Yesung rethink the idea of even feeding the little bastard.

“Shut up” Yesung said as he poked Kyuhyun on the forehead, face twisting into a frown, which actually closely resembled a pout, Kyuhyun sniggering lowly, which earned him another harder jab to his forehead.

“No breakfast for ungrateful little brats like you then” Yesung said, very serious or he tried to be, but Kyuhyun was grinning so boyishly that it was hard to keep his face straight. Even so! Rude little brats like Kyuhyun did not deserve to be fed and now he was just going to let him starve!

Really! He was.

Brat.

It was not as if he never cooked. And he wasn’t atrocious in the kitchen like Kyuhyun was. He was more than capable of making toast and scrambling a couple of eggs or making some instant porridge or something like that. Kyuhyun was the walking disaster that couldn’t even make tea properly, not him. The little brat was rude and ungrateful. It was just sad that he was so cute, drawing his fingers on Yesung’s forearms.

“Maybe I want something else?” Kyuhyun said with enough suggestion to corrupt a priest , almost leering at Yesung, now propped up on his elbows and face twisted into a devious smirk.

It turned into a whine when Yesung pushed his chest and made him fall back onto the bed in a lazy heap, only to be further mean and smack his chest.

“Come find me in the kitchen” Was all Yesung said, cutting off any more comments and cheeky remarks from Kyuhyun, shaking his head at him, Kyuhyun just smiling at him.

“Brat” Yesung smacked him one more time lightly across the chest before he abandoned Kyuhyun on the bed, easily side stepping his reaching hand with a little giggle and he was out the door.

Kyuhyun watched him go with a half smile, amused and just sort of happy. After what had happened he didn’t think he would feel so light and calm, but Yesung always seemed to make everything better.  He was just really lucky to have him.

Kyuhyun lazily fell back against the bed and closed his eyes,  the sheets warm and the sunlight just barely filtering into the room, the scent of Yesung in his nose and his heart at ease, even if he was in Yesung’s home.

As troublesome as it ended up being, he was glad he worked up the courage to come over. He was willing to be brave for Yesung and that helped strengthen his heart. It just so happened that he was spared having to meet Yesung’s parents. Given his retched luck most of the time, he supposed that was the universe’s way of repaying him.

All in all he was happy he found, especially since the scent was even stronger the close he nestled into the sheets and his eyes fluttered close once more, trying to enjoy his last few hours there before they would go back into that troublesome drought that they experienced when he was busy with schedules.

He could enjoy this for now.

Or so he thought.

Yesung was yelling at him from the kitchen to get his lazy up or he would really make him starve , making Kyuhyun smile in a way, laughing at the way his voice hitched and travelled, soothing him in a weird way.

He found that he quite liked that as well.

Once day they would get to do it all in their own home.

One day.

For now Kyuhyun smiled, picked himself of the bed and freshened up, before he startled Yesung in the kitchen by wrapping his hands around his waist, and got a scolding to last a lifetime.

The smile never really leaving his face.

A/N: There you have it. I am reminded why I rarely write for this fandom anymore, but even so, I did enjoy writing this. I hope it was close to what you wanted. Happy Belated Birthday Harley_Quinn. Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement *Hugs*