Chapter 3

All At Once

Chapter 3

“Hmmmmm” Yesung gathered his thoughts, trying to piece together his intentions. He didn’t think that Kyuhyun would turn him down though; the younger man despite being a brat most of the time was very sweet with him, often bending to his will and giving him what he wanted. He would tease of course, but never really denied him anything. He always had that in mind.

“I’m a bit lonely and the place is sort of dreary when I am by myself, so I figured maybe I could decorate it a bit? It will be Christmas soon, so I thought that would be nice to do. What do you think?” Yesung asked, voice steady, but he didn’t fake disinterest, giving Kyuhyun a hopeful look.

He had been a little melancholy, autumn dying to a very cold winter, the turn of the month bringing temperatures to new lows, minus 8 the last time he checked and it was all sort of dreary. It didn’t help that he had been listening to Kyuhyun’s song, the stupid brat making just having to be so damn good. The song inspired even more dimness and with his family away, and Super Junior all very busy, including his very sort after boyfriend, he found it very easy to let the feeling of the song if not the lyrics, permeate through his body, all adding up to create a feeling of dreariness.

 It wasn’t sadness really, just more in line with loneliness.

It was no one’s fault. Even his friends were busy all week but still made some time for him, not really the same feeling however, supposing he just missed Kyuhyun and his mother. It was like that for a bit, nothing really seeming to drive the feeling away, even his movie choices all on the slow sad side, so his mood continued that way.

When he was coming home from work however he happened upon a newly decorated tree in the station, the place instantly bright and cheerful and the light giving him a good feeling and it was nice. He looked at it for a while and felt his mood improved, then noticing that a lot of decorations had gone up. Some he didn’t notice before and some new, but all in all it was nice watching it.

At home he sort of missed it all and it was then that he remembered that they had a tree from last year that his mother had brought stored in the storage closet and it wouldn’t be hard to pick up a few decorations on the way home either. As far as he recalled the ones on the tree last year were scanty at best and he wasn’t sure if they made it to the storage closet, so many things having to be kept around the house now. Shopping for them was easy and lots of fun, delighted to see the lights and the Christmas balls and the tinsel, probably buying more than he needed anyway.

He wanted to do it that evening as a means of cheering himself up, but then Kyuhyun crossed his mind and he figured why not?

“We don’t have to if you don’t want of course, but I thought it might be fun. We’ve never really had the chance to do things like that together either and why not? If you are tired though, we don’t have to. I can do it myself later. It’s not really hard, but it can be a little-“ Yesung rambled, his mind drifting as he tried to explain to Kyuhyun why he thought it was a good idea.

The fact that Kyuhyun’s expression had not changed except for the lifting of his eyebrow slightly when he had suggested that they decorated the tree made Yesung a little nervous. He didn’t even know why. It was not as if it was such a big deal anyway and he really could decorate the tree himself.

He had so far already dragged the plastic thing out of its hiding spot and dusted it off and was nearly finished reassembling it. It was a little battered, but it still looked quite good, full of plastic goodness and green. The lights were in a tangled mess though, but he had bought new ones anyway so it wasn’t a problem. He even found some wreaths and so for the house in a box with the tree pieces. He had been feeling happy doing it before and even if Kyuhyun decided he didn’t want to participate, he would enjoy doing it later.

He just thought it would be nice you know?

 He had heard some of his coworkers, mainly the girls talk about how nice it was to decorate a tree with their boyfriends and husbands and it all sounded so nice. He was not Kyuhyun’s girlfriend of course, but it didn’t seem like a bad thing to do. Kyuhyun was happy right now, but infinitely stressed due to his solo promotions, so maybe helping him do something like that would ease his stress a little or so Yesung was thinking.

However, Kyuhyun’s fairly stoic reaction made him confused and his natural instinct to ramble in uncomfortable situations got the better of him, the words leaking rapidly and unable to stop himself. His mind was naturally the sort that strayed, so it was easy to let his thoughts run away. He was aware that Kyuhyun was tired, so maybe his suggestion was a bad idea?

He didn’t get to speak more on that point though since he was interrupted with a laughed press of lips against his own.

The best way to shut him up honestly.

“Stop rambling” Kyuhyun instructed with a warm chuckle, lips still pressed against surprised ones, the last word dying on his lips.

“I think it’s a good idea. Let’s do it” Kyuhyun said before Yesung could speak, likely to retract his offer which was the last thing that Kyuhyun wanted at all.

He should have responded earlier but he was so caught up in the idea that he forgot that his very special boyfriend often needed verbal confirmation when he felt uncertain about something. Normally Yesung always knew what was on his mind, but there were times when his insecurity in areas made him desperate for spoken cues and Kyuhyun normally knew when to pick up on such things. This time however he was late, simply because he himself was drifting in his own thoughts.

Decorating a tree with Yesung.

Now that was something.

He had wanted to do that or something like that for so long now. He had the idea in his head since their last Christmas, which wasn’t much of a Christmas to be honest, too busy then to get much in and it past by like that. He had heard others talk about it before, decorating trees with beloved etc, but he never really had the chance. With his past relationships it didn’t happen either, always too busy to do that sort of thing, pleading for understanding for never being there. Maybe that contributed to their eventual break down or maybe fate was just showing him how wrong everything else was so he would know what right was with an annoying hyung instead.

Who knows?

Since then however he had it in his mind, wondering if it could be better with Yesung, if they could do something like that, but he dismissed it. If it was so hard with girlfriends it would be impossible with a stubborn boyfriend.

Seeing him was hard enough, hoping for more was ridiculous.

 By the time his solo came around and he was too tired to breath, he didn’t even give a thought to Christmas and anything like that. He didn’t even know what his schedules would be like around that time, so he didn’t make a fuss.

With Yesung suggesting it now though, his heart was in glee.

Just because he gave up on the idea didn’t mean that he didn’t want to do it. In fact he was nearly desperate to have that sort of memory with Yesung. In his fantasy, it was a lot more romantic than being awkward in Yesung’s parents house and having to be careful.

In his mind, stupid as it was, as most fantasies seem to be, he and Yesung were sharing their own home, a nice warm homely apartment somewhere, just the two of them, and well, Yesung’s pets since he didn’t think he could convince him to leave them behind, decorating their own tree, little kisses and warm hugs.

It was a nice fantasy, but the reality was so much better he thought.

At least this was real.

Not perfect but real and that was good enough for him.

Or well, he would make it so.

“Really? You’re not too tired?” Yesung asked with some excitement, a large smile breaking upon his lips clearly liking that he and Kyuhyun would be decorating a tree, but still mindful of Kyuhyun’s original hesitancy.

He didn’t want to force him. He had the power to do so he knew, but he didn’t want to put pressure on Kyuhyun now. He really was tired and he was trying his best to understand him.

“I think I can manage” Kyuhyun assured and he meant it. He was tried but he wanted to do this with Yesung. He was sure he could power through if he really tired and right now he wanted to try and do it. The tiredness would fade once he was with Yesung so he wasn’t that worried in that way.

“Great!” Yesung said with a happy laugh, unable to suppress it then, leaning up to kiss Kyuhyun sweetly, a reward of sorts for making him happy then.

He had so many plans.

“Let’s get to work”  Yesung declared, just as Kyuhyun was getting into the kiss, pulling away from the younger man, though this time Kyuhyun didn’t let him go either.

“Let’s do more of this first” Kyuhyun suggested instead, attention more on getting to Yesung’s lips than it was on anything else, wanting to continue to kiss him. He was all for the decorating thing but the fact that Yesung kissed him reminded him that he could be spending his time doing things like that instead and really? Just for a little while that would be nice to do.

He was still a little awkward with pictures of Yesung’s family around but really, kisses would be shared and Yesung was warm and steady in his arms, enjoying the way his large palms seemed to fit just right on Yesung’s small waist and really, that would be even nicer.

With that in mind, he was eager as he slide down to Yesung’s jawline, peppering the area with kisses, blazing a trail to that sensitive area just behind his earlobe that Kyuhyun always enjoyed nosing at, smile breaking when Yesung hummed melodically, in what Kyuhyun was going to take as a sign of approval despite the firm arms that had come up to his shoulder to probably push him away.

Kyuhyun was determined to enjoy it though, so ignored the would be protesting hands, Yesung seemingly enjoying it as well, even if he wished to protest it as he would claim later.

Kyuhyun was happy to amuse himself though, enjoying the sounds that Yesung made, happy to take it all in, bending to Yesung’s throat, nosing at it, happy to drown in the now weak scent of the coffee and cinnamon, but strong enough for Kyuhyun to hum at the sensation. Unable to just inhale without a taste, Kyuhyun on the skin lightly, lost in the sensation, until he was pinched on the side.

“Awww” Kyuhyun groaned, forced to pull make, making pitiful faces at Yesung, who used his distraction to finally push him away, using the hand on his shoulder and the other at his side to get the task done, regarding Kyuhyun with a shake of his head.

“Enough of that. If you continue we will never get to decorating” Yesung dismissed, disengaging himself from the other younger man, pushing Kyuhyun’s hand away and ignoring his pitiful pout, Kyuhyun rubbing at his side to show off his “injury”.

Yesung laughed low in his throat.

“Come on” he invited instead, stretching a hand out for Kyuhyun to take, though it was just about six or seven steps towards the area in which he had set up the tree.

Kyuhyun could find it, but he supposed he was after the closeness as well, wanting this to be something that did together if you would, something shared and if truth be told, it was his own way appeasing the pouting brat. He was sure he was overselling since he didn’t actually grab him much, but still, he just couldn’t see his little brat pouting and not appease him in some way or the other.

Kyuhyun took his hand, earning himself a smile in the process, one he returned as well, Yesung dragging him along to the area by the windows overlooking the city where he had begun to set up the tree, standing there proudly as he looked at it.

“That’s a lot of progress” Kyuhyun snickered, looking at the poor tree barely standing upright, only a few branches placed back into the stand and the floor covered in a mess of brightly coloured balls and bows and decorations, clearly Yesung not really making much progress, if any at all.

“Shut up” Yesung instructed as he smacked Kyuhyun fondly across the chest.

So maybe it was a work in progress.

It was a lot of work already, getting it down and dust free and Kyuhyun as just a brat.

“So that is why you wanted me here. You couldn’t set up the tree” Kyuhyun teased, stooping down to card through the pieces that lay at his feet, giving Yesung a teasing smile when he lightly kicked him on the back.

“I should have known” Kyuhyun continued to tease as he pried a piece of the tangled with the others, carefully soothing the bristles and examining it, before he slot it into the groove that it needed to be in, grinning proudly when Yesung rolled his eyes.

“I could do it just fine! It was just taking a while” Yesung defended as he stooped beside Kyuhyun, trying to do the same, picking up a piece of the plastic and straightening out the bristles, eyeing it with concentration before he attempted to slot it in, only to fail miserably whilst Kyuhyun laughed till he fell flat on his .

Yesung pouted.

That was the main reason that it was taking so long. It just refused to go into the right slot when he tried to put them in. He didn’t know what he was doing wrong too, but it just wasn’t working for him and it was sort of annoying. He would figure it out eventually though. How hard could it really be anyway? Kyuhyun was a brat for laughing at him, turning to glare at him even as Kyuhyun kindly took the branch from him, laughing as he looked at the bottom, then reached across and slot it perfectly into the space on the other side, Yesung looking at him in awe before he glared when Kyuhyun winked.

“Dummy…you’re supposed to look at the directions. Can’t you see that it is coded?” Kyuhyun asked as he picked up another piece, looking at the bottom or the piece to be attached, then looking at the stalk, sticking it into the right slot effortlessly.

Of course that idiot wouldn’t have thought that far.

“It is?” Yesung asked with genuine surprise, making Kyuhyun snicker for real, the adorably idiot now squinting at the both end to be attached, seeing a big letter “D” .  To be sure he looked at the tree stalk and there it was, the letter “D” in one of the slot.

Testing it to the end, Yesung slot it into place, humming when it went it.

Well……that made sense now.

Kyuhyun laughed merrily behind him, the mocking seeping through naturally, the brat always talented that way.

“You id-“ Kyuhyun began before Yesung slapped a hand over his mouth.

“I don’t want to hear it. Just shut up and get to work, you know it all bastard” Yesung grumbled, giving Kyuhyun a stern look or at least that was the intention, failing when a smile tugged on his lips upon seeing Kyuhyun’s muffled face, the idiot still talking behind Yesung’s tiny fingers.

When that didn’t do it, he of course bit down on it lightly, making Yesung yelp, snapping his hand away, only to fall onto his side painfully when Kyuhyun half way tackled him, weight pushed against him, hands bracing them both for the fall, the floor tiled and certainly not soft for that sort of thing but Kyuhyun didn’t seem to care that much, gleeful as Yesung made a stifled shocked sound in the back of his throat, taken completely by surprise and unable to do anything when he ended up with an armful of Kyuhyun, flat on his back on the floor, Kyuhyun using a hand to cushion the fall and easing his head down to the floor, his weight always enough to subdue his rather troublesome boyfriend [ in his opinion anyway], grinning at a very annoyed Yesung from above him, legs tangled in awkward angles and all.

“Yah!!” Yesung screeched or at least that was what it sounded like to Kyuhyun, who was hit on the arm rather fiercely.

Yesung had numerous words for him on his mind, all very colourful and likely to make his mother ashamed of him, but they were forced to stay on the tips of his tongue when Kyuhyun stifled him with a kiss, fierce and strong and unrelenting.

This time Yesung was not minded at all to assist, stubbornly keeping his mouth close. Kyuhyun was not deterred though, just biting down a little on the lip he had commandeered, which naturally caused Yesung to react in surprise, his mouth opening of its own accord, free for Kyuhyun to plunder.

It was only until they were both breathless that he relented, Yesung heaving deeply trying to repay the oxygen debt. As soon as brain function returned though, Kyuhyun was being smacked on the shoulder for his annoyingly presumptuous cheeky behaviour.

“What on earth do you think you are doing? Huh??” Yesung questioned in a rush, giving Kyuhyun a sharp look, their positions rather intimate for him to be scolding the brat, but it was not as if Kyuhyun cared, the cheeky brat not even listening to him, just mouthing at the area beneath his mouth and chin, breath-taking smile when he finally deemed Yesung significant enough to answer.

“Demonstrating the right way to shut someone up” Kyuhyun offered with a wink, Yesung smacking him two times more for being so damn greasy, granting him a patented eye roll which made Kyuhyun laugh, the brat’s mood frightfully good, thoroughly enjoying the new position he had found himself in.

He knew Yesung would smack him to kingdom come, but he figured it was worth it.

He liked when he had him in such a position, trapped beneath him and at his mercy, eyes blazing red and skin heated. An annoyed Yesung was rather attractive he had to admit, the fire that burned bright and compelling and good sense would say that he was better to not try the man’s patience, Yesung known for his horrid temper, but he couldn’t help himself.

He really liked to play these games with him and he supposed his ego was involved as well.

He knew that Yesung was a lot more tolerant of things like that when he was involved. Yesung loved him a lot and wouldn’t actually kill him, even if he got annoyed for a few seconds. He would just smack him a few times and roll his eyes, once he deemed Kyuhyun playful and not rude or malicious. Kyuhyun really just wanted to play with him and like this it was fun for him and maybe Yesung too.

He figured he was right when Yesung wrapped the hand that was smacking him around his shoulder, the small fingers  taking to playing with the hair found at the base of his head, helping it with its natural curl, Yesung though still hell bent on making a barrage of frustrated faces, all of which only succeeded in making Kyuhyun chuckle.

“I should have known you would be more of a hindrance than a help” Yesung sighed mightily [and theatrically] seemingly ruing his poor judgement in invited the world’s biggest brat to his impromptu tree t party of sorts, Kyuhyun always more trouble than help, shaking his head to express his frustration, though all he got for his trouble was a happy laugh.

“I am helping though” Kyuhyun protested with mischief teeming in his eyes.

“Just with a more unique approach” Kyuhyun finished with another greasy wink and a loud smacked kiss to Yesung’s cheek, making the older man fake gag.

“Grrrrrr…why did I even invite you?” Yesung questioned rhetorically, wondering why he thought it was a good idea to be anywhere near a brat like Kyuhyun. Seriously, he was so annoying and…….

[Oh Dear God….how warm it all was and he could feel him everywhere and it was making him weak].

“Probably so that I can kiss you? Or maybe you wanted us here, doing-“ Kyuhyun responded, ignoring the rhetorical part as he always did when he knew it would annoy Yesung, rather smug in his insistence that Yesung wished to be in the very position they found themselves in, Kyuhyun egoistical enough to probably believe it too.

He was stopped in his tracks however when Yesung pinched his side again.

“Your ego will suffocate us both. Shut up and get off” Yesung directed, pushing Kyuhyun off him or at least he tried too, Kyuhyun meanly sandbagging his efforts until Yesung glared at him. A different sort of glare, the one that told Kyuhyun that failure to comply would lead to severe consequences, meaning days of passive aggressive anger and no contact rather than teasing kisses.

Kyuhyun knew better than to test the older man’s will, especially in a time like that, so eventually got off, but not before he kissed Yesung’s nose lightly and gave him a cute smile, figuring he had better get started on making up for his cheekiness. Yesung ought to forgive him soon rather than allowing the man to get genuinely annoyed.

He flopped to Yesung ‘s side, and directly onto some of the pieces to be attached, piece sticking him in the back , but he laughed at the contact, though it turned into a cough when Yesung smacked him across the stomach, sitting upwards and righting himself.

With a warning glare Yesung patted his stomach, letting Kyuhyun have his few minutes of pure laziness, sprawled on the floor, staring up at the ceiling and feeling human with the soft prickling pain against his back, matching all his other aches and pains.

“Let’s do it properly now alright? ---  And none of that. You hear me?” Yesung scolded and insisted in one, giving Kyuhyun a meaningful look, though he only responded with a cute smile, biting back the laugh that threatened to spill when he realized that Yesung was biting back a smile at his little cute act for him.

Kyuhyun chose to answer non verbally, just nodding.

He would be lying if he said he didn’t want to kiss Yesung again, but he supposed that he really should stop being such a brat and help him. That was their purpose there anyway and it was late and Yesung really wanted to do it and he should help………in some way other than ambushing Yesung with kisses. He didn’t think it was wrong to be yield to the temptation to his very attractive desirable boyfriend, but still, he should be less of a brat and help. Especially since it seemed that his boyfriend was a genuinely an idiot. How could Yesung not realize that it was coded that way?

Idiot.

It was part of his charms Kyuhyun supposed, especially since it made him so cute and adorable and made Kyuhyun’s heart melt at the sight of him. He always tried to act aloof and mindless, but he was often more of a FAIL than not and it was adorable to Kyuhyun.

Yesung had since moved on from him, instead attention paid to the tangle pieces, this time making sure that he took the time to understand the other pieces. In that way he did find it much easier to make it work, Kyuhyun lying flat on his back for a few minutes before he pulled himself upwards again, helping Yesung for real this time.

He was much better with the assembly aspect than Yesung was, so the older man had qualms about leaving that part to Kyuhyun, giving on it entirely in favour of unboxing all this newly purchased decorations, the colourful bells and balls keeping him entertained, unstringing his new lights and salvaging what he could from the stash that his parents had stored, reminding himself to tell his mother that they needed a new method of doing so since most of it was unusable or maybe he really as just too lazy to properly sort through the mess or maybe it was perfectly ordered, as he was sure his mother would claim, but he just was unable to understand the new system. The options were fairly numerous it would seem. Either way he was very occupied there, leaving Kyuhyun to sort the tree out.

Not too long after, Yesung stifling the jealousy he felt at the fact that Kyuhyun was actually good at things like that, the tree completed nearly perfectly, looking like it was supposed to look, Kyuhyun straightening out the bristles with enormous concentration, adorable in the way that he was always meticulous with things like that, looking rather smug when he was finished.

“There” he stated, a loose wave in the direction of the tree, grin on his face, probably waiting for praise that Yesung was refusing to give.

“At least you are good for something” Yesung muttered out of spite, though it didn’t really have the effect he would have hoped, Kyuhyun laughing low in his throat going on about how Yesung was just jealous that he can read when Yesung clearly didn’t know about that sort of thing.

When he lamented that even “Korean for Dummies” was ineffective, Yesung contemplated gagging him, instead did the mature thing and threw a painted ball at him. He was aiming for his precious nose, but Kyuhyun docked out the way, sticking his tongue out at him.

Maturity. They had it.

With the tree all set up and Yesung mainly finished with the unpacking, it was time to decorate the tree, for real this time. That had to be said, since Kyuhyun had attempted to put one of the balls on the tree and Yesung had smacked his hand away.

“You can’t just put it anywhere! You have to think about it carefully” Yesung insisted, hand under his chin as he regarded the tree, ignoring Kyuhyun’s massive eyebrow and shake of his head , as well as his coughed “control freak” . Yesung chose not to respond to him.

Kyuhyun was utterly tasteless [ barring his choice to be with Yesung of course]. Even now he was dressed like Yesung’s grandfather, an ugly ill-fitting sweater, having removed his jacket and heavier outer clothes, much better now realistically but he had seen some of his stages and it was clear that Kyuhyun really had no sense of style or taste. He was better off selecting the locations himself with proper thought.

After a minute of deciding and Kyuhyun judging hard, Yesung finally put it on the third branch from the top on the left.

“All that thought and that is what you decide?” Kyuhyun asked with a raised eyebrow, finding it to be out of place in that spot.

Really? That is where he put the solid gold one?

“What? It’s perfect there” Yesung dismissed, reaching for a solid red one to place on the other side of the tree, Kyuhyun shaking his head again.

“It looks weird” Kyuhyun commented reaching for a gold striped one of the balls, larger on the rest, putting it on the forth branch.

“No it doesn’t” Yesung argued with no attention, busy deciding if Kyuhyun’s latest attention suited his taste. He might not have put that one there honestly, but it was not atrocious really, so it could stay there.

“Really? Can’t you put that one other there instead?” Kyuhyun asked as he reached for the star shaped decorations instead and a fake miniature present, wondering why Yesung selected that sort of ornaments but he let it go.

“I could, but I didn’t” Yesung shrugged, batting Kyuhyun’s hand away as he tried to place a new ornament, getting himself a poke to the side and a grumble from Kyuhyun, complaining that Yesung was being a pain and annoying him, but was of course ignored.

“You are so annoying I swear to god!” Kyuhyun complained when Yesung pushed him out the way with his body with a weak chuckle, throwing his hands up in the air.

A strange consequence was Yesung turning to him and kissing him softly, any further complain lost somewhere or the other, his mind too distracted to figure out where.

“Shut up and do as I say” Yesung said against his lips.

“Only if you pay in kisses” Kyuhyun bargained, which turned out to be a bad idea when Yesung stepped on his toes, giggling a little.

“Just get the lights and hush” Yesung directed instead, ignoring Kyuhyun’s complaints from his “injured” foot, and all his subsequent teasing.

So they continued until all the decorations were on the tree. It took much longer than should have been allowed, both stopping to bicker from time to time about the placement of the decorations, which they settle with the maturity of five year olds.

Kyuhyun cheekily wrapping the lights around Yesung and trapping him only to get flicked on the forehead. Somehow or the other they managed to get it done, everything in place and even with the endless bickering, a warm feeling in both their hearts, content and happy to be with each other.

Kyuhyun knew it was different, but in the end it really was better than the fantasy, Yesung’s warmth and his glares, his endless complaints and his control freak behaviour that only made Kyuhyun smile, even when the last thing they did was push each other over who got to put the star on the tree. Kyuhyun insisting that the honour was his since he was the taller of the two.

Like a centimetre made that much of a difference.

They should have done it on fat; then Kyuhyun was the sure winner.

[Yesung snickered. Kyuhyun was not amused].

All in all, with the tree finally decorated to Yesung and Kyuhyun’s taste, they were both satisfied, Yesung clapping his hands like a kid when Kyuhyun finally plugged the lights in, the entire area lighting up the darkness that they created to see the tree properly when it was completed, Yesung sinking into Kyuhyun’s side when a strong arm wrapped around his shoulder drawing him close, both observing their hard work and good feelings.

“It’s pretty” Yesung commented softly, lazily resting his head against shoulder, sighing, but in that happy way that he did when he was content and mind at ease, a soft smile playing on his lips as he watched the lights of the tree flicker, reflecting the light to the window plain, genuinely as pretty as Yesung had said it was.

He didn’t think it really would be so pretty honestly and it felt even better looking at it knowing that he had done it with Kyuhyun. The bickering was playful mainly, sure he would have let Kyuhyun do whatever he wanted just because he was at his side and willing to do things like that with him. He knew Kyuhyun saw it that way as well, the playful arguments just the way they were accustomed talking to each other and just intensified the feeling of “us” and togetherness.

They did it together and it was beautiful.

“So maybe you do know what you’re doing after all” Kyuhyun admitted freely, knocking his chin lightly to Yesung’s head, happiness b inside of him.

They did this together.

They worked hard and built something wonderful together.

 They have sung hundreds of songs together, even duets and the feeling was exceptional. Kyuhyun didn’t ever think there was anything else in the world that could be like that, but it turned out that he was wrong.

This was a different feeling but similar in how happy and completed it made him feel inside. It was just a tree he knew, but there was just something special about watching something that he created together, that inkling of what sort of amazing future they could have together, and the life they could build where they would get to do this sort of thing all the time.

Maybe then it would be in their own home with their own decorations that had different meaning to them and Kyuhyun couldn’t wait!

[He would have to though and he understood…..all in its due time].

“I always do” Yesung agreed, knocking his head back against Kyuhyun’s chin, the action ridiculously cheesy, but he and Kyuhyun had their moments like those from time to time and with him wrapped in Kyuhyun’s arms …well…arm, and snuggled close to his side, staring at the beautiful tree they had created together, it was easy to get into the sweetness of it and embrace the cheesiness.

Kyuhyun scoffed.

Yesung rolled his eyes and elbowed him fairly gently in the side.

Romance was really not their thing.

He got a kiss to the forehead though and a laugh low in Yesung’s throat when he ignored Kyuhyun’s grumbles, just leaning in to hug him sideways, another soft sweet would be kiss to the side of his lips before he was untangling himself to reach for his phone, ready to document the moment with photo evidence.

“Selca addict” Kyuhyun teased when Yesung was already in place to take a picture with the tree, shaking his head at Kyuhyun as he snapped a few shots with the tree in the background and then a few of the tree itself.

Kyuhyun didn’t escape, Yesung dragging him over by the hand to get into the picture too, making Kyuhyun pose to take the picture and then complaining about his bad selca posture, Kyuhyun grumbling about him being a “selca nazi” but it was good naturedly. 

Kyuhyun ending up liking it all when Yesung snuggled up close to him a few of the shots, handing the phone over to Kyuhyun to take the picture with his longer hands, even catching Kyuhyun  with a surprise kiss to his cheek in one of them, the shot of Kyuhyun’s surprised face and awkward angles but it was Kyuhyun’s favourite.

When Yesung finally deemed that they had enough, Kyuhyun collapsed onto the couch, tired.

He had powered through for as long as he could, but right then he felt drained, just wanting to rest his body for a little while. He really did have a good time with Yesung and wanted to continue to do so, but his legs hurt from setting up the lights and he really was just too tired to go on without a few minutes rest.

“Let’s put up the rest of decorations” Yesung said offhandedly, busy with examining the pictures that they had taken and not really paying attention to Kyuhyun sprawled on his white couch, smiling when he saw the one with Kyuhyun’s arms wrapped around him.

He would have liked to set it as his background on his phone, but if it were seen he would have a lot of questions to answer so it was probably better that he refrained from doing it, though he did send it to a very special folder, along with the one of him cheekily kissing Kyuhyun’s cheeks. All that seemed to be special or more intimate that just friendship he secured in a password protected folder on his phone.

Better safe than sorry.

The others he left be, seeing no harm in them, though the process of sorting through them quickly before he forgot had him distracted and unfocused on Kyuhyun’s position, just aware that he was lying down on the couch.

“Go ahead. I’ll be right there” Kyuhyun mumbled lazily, stretching himself out on the couch, trying to straighten out his legs and his back, vaguely aware that he had his feet all over Mrs. Kim very clean couch, but was too stiff to worry about it too much. He would just blame Yesung for it anyway, so it alright and his feet weren’t that dirty anyway or so he hoped.

“Lazy brat” Yesung commented as he passed him by, patting his stomach for him fondly, taking Kyuhyun’s words at face value, seeing no reason to complain about Kyuhyun resting his body for a few minutes.

The words were a tease and he knew Kyuhyun knew that, confirmed when he got a smile for his trouble, weak and lazy more than anything but all the same to him, picking up a few of the red bows and the wreath, though his small hands couldn’t hold that many of them of then at once.

Kyuhyun watched him go, chuckling low in his throat when Yesung grumbled about “stupid baby hands” , finding his boyfriend to be exceptionally cute, warm smile on his faces, back aching but his heart truly happy and contented in that moment.

 The tiredness seemed seasoned into his skin, but he kept his eyes on him, part of him worried that Yesung would be clumsy and hurt himself. So far though he was just attaching his cute bows to random places, humming to himself a he concentrated on it. There were a few candles to put out as well and the garlands to hang about. That was what worried him, afraid that Yesung would hurt himself.

So far, he was adorable to watch, humming “Santa you are the one” to himself and decorating with some happiness, Kyuhyun’s heart pulsing in happiness, warm and settled and just plainly happy. He watched him until his eyes drooped, forcing them open a few times but finally allowing them to close.

Just a few minutes.

Just to rest for a few minutes.

A/N: Will finish uploading later. Happy Holidays everyone! Enjoy it :)