Chapter 4

All At Once

Chapter 4

Yesung continued to decorate the house, attaching the ornaments here and there, the wreaths placed where ever he could reach and a few of the garlands as well, using a chair as a make shift ladder, surprised that Kyuhyun didn’t scold him as yet, but was glad to just get it over with and done. He was vaguely aware that Kyuhyun had failed to join him, but figured he was just being lazy about it and let it go, his mind honestly too busy trying to decide where to put all his decorations and attach the extras string of lights from place to place. Thankfully he still remembered where his mother had placed them the year before, examining it to find that the clamps were still in place thanks to his lazy brother and it was much easier to attach it all on now.

He was occupied entirely, his mind letting him forget Kyuhyun for a while, focused on the task at hand, clapping his hands as he was finished. There were a few more ornaments but he wasn’t sure where to put them so left them for his mother to decorate the kitchen with.

He was very satisfied with the finished product honestly, the entire thing very pretty in his opinion, the wreath set up outside and the garlands giving the place a very festive feel. The lights he had sprung along a wall, lit up and beautiful, sighing in contentment when he observed it.

It was then that he really noticed Kyuhyun’s absence, looking for his beloved, spotting him still sprawled on the couch, a smile blooming on his face, his mind cooing at how cute the sight was even if he couldn’t see his face. Part of him knew he should scold him for being lazy but the other part was sympathetic.

Kyuhyun must have been really tired.

All his cheeky comments aside, Kyuhyun had been really good to him that evening as well and he really appreciated it. Kyuhyun had given him a really special memory and he would carry it in his heart for as long as he had the power to do so. He knew he and Kyuhyun had promised a long future of things like that but life was something that you could never be sure of, so he wanted to hold on to all his very precious memories of the younger man. He would be hopeful and diligent but he knew how to value precious memories now.

He had also learnt how to value precious people.

It was this new approach that gave him a good idea. He was already on the outskirts of the kitchen, so he might as well reward Kyuhyun for being such a sweetheart that day with him, liking his idea instantly.

Kyuhyun would like it too he was sure.

Especially since Kyuhyun always liked things like that. He was sure Kyuhyun would appreciate it and he was happy to do it too. With a glance to the brat still lying on his back, probably just being lazy, Yesung smiled and then headed towards the kitchen.

He was certainly no expert, but being a regular assistant or at least visitor to a café meant that he had learnt a thing or two; or maybe just enough as to be able to make a cup of instant hot chocolate for Kyuhyun and himself. The air was cold outside but fairly warm and comfortable inside, so he didn’t think Kyuhyun was cold, but it was nice to drink things like that in cold weather and Kyuhyun might have been hungry after the decorating.

Hell! He hadn’t even offered him a drink before. He was being a terrible host seriously!

Determined to rectify the situation, Yesung busied himself with the chocolate, grabbing two mugs and his favourite sachet of chocolate mix for Kyuhyun and himself. He would have preferred a latte, but he figured he could let it go this one time. It was not as if he hated hot chocolate anyway, setting the water to boil and scrummaging around for some mini marshmallows and some chunky chocolate chip cookies that he knew he had somewhere around.

He was finally able to find it all, carefully spreading the cookies out on a platter with some other light snacks that he figured Kyuhyun would like, careful in its assembly, feeling really happy whilst doing it to be honest, arranging them perfectly. By the time he was finished, his milk was warm and in seconds his hot chocolate was completed, poured into the two mugs and stirred, the last finishing touch being the cute little marshmallows that he had found, throwing in a generous amount as he finished off the tray, smile on his face as he picked it up, hoping that Kyuhyun liked his little show of gratitude.

Yesung took cautious steps, not wanting to put on a clumsy display for the brat to , calling out Kyuhyun’s name softly as he approached.

Kyuhyun gave no response. Yesung frowned, but let it go, figuring Kyuhyun didn’t hear him. He expected more happiness to be honest but let it go on the assumption that Kyuhyun was tired, carefully placing the tray on the coffee table before he finally turned to Kyuhyun.

Yesung cooed.

The brat was asleep!

Perfectly, contently asleep, a smile playing at his lips and soft breathing, Yesung doubting that he was faking it, looking much too peaceful for anything of the sort, even though he had to be in the most uncomfortable position.

Kyuhyun was just too damn precious for his own good!

Yesung watched him sleep for a bit, smile plastered across his face, his chest tired with strong emotion and affection, the love he felt for the peaceful most adorable demon on earth so strong he felt as if he were drowning in it, being swallowed by the sheer intensity of it all, wanting so much and so little at the same time.

What did he do to deserve someone so precious in his life?

He knew he had many faults and when he looked back on the time he had spent with Kyuhyun he knew he had done a lot of wrong. He had hurt Kyuhyun so much over that time, had made his life so difficult, had been uncaring and infinitely undeserving of his love. He was blessed to be at Kyuhyun’s side and it was a pure miracle that he had his love.

He continued to watch the handsome young man whilst he contemplated the best course of action to adopt. Kyuhyun looked exceedingly peaceful, so he was loath to wake him, but at the same time he knew that couch was not the best for sleeping on. Once he turned and twisted as Kyuhyun was prone to doing he would do serious damage to his back and neck and be in pain the next day for sure.  That would be terrible as Yesung knew he had a midday flight to Taiwan later, so he was probably better advised to send him to bed and let him rest properly.

Looking at the clock, there wasn’t that much time for sleep, but for people like them, it was more than enough, accustomed to functioning on a few hours at best.

He was decided.

He easily slipped into the small space that Kyuhyun had left at the side, not really enough to sit, but  enough to prop himself beside him, smiling at his cute sleeping face one more time before he reached forward and ran a hand through his hair. Kyuhyun hummed softly but stayed asleep, Yesung increasing the action every few seconds with more focus as to impact on the sleeping man, hoping to rouse Kyuhyun carefully. His heart was swollen with affection and this time he really wanted to be gentle with him, not wanting to force him awake as he sometimes did when he was being a brat in the mornings and refusing to wake his very lazy up.

This time more care was needed and he wanted to show that to him.

“Kyu ah”

Yesung continued to coo at Kyuhyun, easily shaking him awake.

“Kyuhyun ah”

“Kyuhyunnie”

“Baby Kyu”

“Wake up Brat”

Kyuhyun must have been more tired than he admitted for him to be asleep so strongly, Yesung feeling guilty for making him help him with the tree instantly, supposing he really ought to have forced Kyuhyun to get some sleep instead of letting him help him. It was too late now and he would be lying if he said that he didn’t appreciate it all. Now he was just a little regretful, but as repayment he was going to take very good care of Kyuhyun.

“Kyuhyun ah” Yesung cooed as he shook Kyuhyun’s shoulder, the younger man finally awakening then.

“Wake up sleepy head” Yesung hummed softly, bright smile adorning his face as he watched Kyuhyun go through the motions of pushing sleep from his eyes and mind, shaking his head a few times like a shaggy dog, Yesung having to bite back a laugh at the amount of cute displayed, Kyuhyun groggily sitting up with Yesung’s help, a hand on his bicep, Kyuhyun finally regarding him with some consciousness.

“Oh my god! Hyung!” Kyuhyun exclaimed lowly, irises enlarging as he finally realized what had occurred, a measure of panic in his countenance, his senses finally coming to him.

Did he really just fall asleep on Yesung?

Oh Dear God!

How was he going to justify that?

Seriously what was wrong with him? Was he insane? Did he lose his mind? Arrggggg

“I’m so sorry” Kyuhyun apologized before Yesung could speak, wanting to make it all clear to him that he was apologetic.

He really didn’t even realize that he fell asleep much less planned to do so. It was accidental. His eyes had been hurting just a bit and figured it would feel better if he close them for a few minutes and the next thing he knew Yesung was shaking him awake saying his name.

He knew Yesung wouldn’t be mean about it but at the same time he felt apologetic towards him and a little bit embarrassed as well. They had been waiting all week to see each other and he repaid his boyfriend’s patience by falling asleep on him after he had asked him to do something with him. That really was unacceptable.

Did he sleep long too? He didn’t think so. Seriously…..why was he so dumb sometimes?

“I was just so busy lately and tired and I’m sorry” Kyuhyun continued to apologize, his face reflecting his sincerity in the matter, earnest and apologetic.

He shouldn’t have let himself to so. He was supposed to be spending the time with Yesung, doing something the older man wanted; instead he was lazy and dumb and left him again.

If Yesung did that to him, he was sure he would be annoyed……well….not really. He would just assume that Yesung was dead tired and feel bad for him and maybe later find a way to er him into letting Kyuhyun ‘molest’ him as “atonement”.

Kyuhyun nearly smiled at that.

Thankfully his idiot boyfriend was too nice for that sort of thing, though….he didn’t mind having Yesung feel him up as his “punishment” ….but that was a little crude and Yesung would at best tease and nothing more, but that didn’t mean Kyuhyun was any less genuinely regretful.

“It’s alright Brat” Yesung assured when Kyuhyun took a breath and stopped to shake his head, small hands reaching outwards to capture Kyuhyun’s cheeks in his grasp, turning Kyuhyun’s head to look at him as he smiled warmly at the younger man.

“It’s my fault anyway for making you help me when I knew you were tired. I’m sorry too” Yesung said sincerely, the regret and guilt showing on his face, though he did try to keep a small smile adorning his features as he met Kyuhyun’s eyes.

Kyuhyun didn’t need to say sorry. He was the one that was at fault. He was the one that kept him awake when he knew Kyuhyun would have been tired. He should have been more conscious of his environment and taken Kyuhyun’s wellbeing into consideration better.

Sigh.

“Oh no. Don’t you dare! This is my fault. I am the idiot that fell asleep on you. I really did enjoy decorating with you, so don’t you dare think otherwise” Kyuhyun protested and assured simultaneously, hands reaching outwards to rest on Yesung’s waist, a comforting gesture and nothing more, wanting Yesung to understand what he was saying to him.

He knew Yesung would eventually get to blaming himself and he wanted that thought banished instantly. Kyuhyun had a great time decorating and if he had the choice again he would choose to sleep in that hour he wasted playing starcraft so that he could have been more rested to spend more time with Yesung.

He didn’t want the older man feeling any guilt.

He didn’t feel pressured and if he could he would do it all again. He wanted to be with Yesung and nothing would have changed that. He enjoyed cuddling with Yesung of course, but he did want to do more than just coming and see him for a few minutes and just sleeping. He wanted to be with Yesung, to listen to him speak, to heart him laugh and so much more.

“Still –“ Yesung began to protest, but was cut off my an adamant Kyuhyun.

“No Hyung. I wanted to spend time with you and I’m glad that I got to. I’m also sorry I fell asleep, but you know how it is for star soloist…but there is nothing  I can do…everyone just loves me so damn much” Kyuhyun said cheekily, eyes dancing with amusement and mischief, a smirk adorning his features as he truly marvelled at his success, amazed by his own deeds.

Yesung scoffed.

This brat.

That ego would stifle him one day.

“How do you not even manage to stand upright when your ego is so damn big?” Yesung asked with a shake of his head, the question making Kyuhyun laugh low in his throat.

“One of my numerous skills” Kyuhyun boasted.

“You’re incorrigible” Yesung lamented fondly, pinching Kyuhyun’s cheek with a small smile, turning into a grin when Kyuhyun whined.

“Stop that” Kyuhyun demanded as he drew Yesung’s hand’s away from his very delicate, now red cheek, moving his jaw about to lessen the small sting, Yesung giggling beside him.

Kyuhyun was going to playfully reprimand him, happy to continue their bantering but then something caught his eye.

“For me?” Kyuhyun asked surprising Yesung, who lifted an eyebrow, showing his confusing on his face with a wrinkle of his nose. Before he would ask the question though, Kyuhyun nodded in the direction of the chocolate tea and cookies.

“Oh…..yep. I made it for you. Figured you would be hungry. Do you want it still? It might be a little cold now but I can warm it in the microwave if you want?” Yesung blabbered as he shifted around a bit, getting into better position and giving Kyuhyun some room, reaching for the cup of hot chocolate proudly offering it to Kyuhyun as he explained the options to him.

The mug felt warm to his touch, so the drink would still probably be warm, but if Kyuhyun wanted it hotter he was happy to heat it in the microwave for him, if Kyuhyun wanted it at all. Kyuhyun had been asleep for about twenty minutes to a half an hour. Maybe that ruined his appetite? Yesung wasn’t going to make him drink it if he wasn’t in the mood.

“Smells good” Kyuhyun said instead as he took the mug from Yesung, giving it a whiff, before he took a mouthful, warm enough to drink and not sip, liking the sweet taste on his tongue even as Yesung watched him with interest.

“It is okay? Is it too cold? Do you want me to make you more? Does it taste alright?” Yesung asked all in rapid fire, looking almost nervous as Kyuhyun took another mouthful before he even bothered to answer him, the sweetness clinging to his mouth and the chocolate rich.

 It wasn’t exceptional but more than good enough for Kyuhyun, who only then realized that he was hungry. He had dinner but it was a light meal and just something non-fattening and non-filling and was unsatisfied since then. This was exactly what he needed and right about then, with Yesung watching him with such adorable nervousness, he couldn’t be any happier.

He made him for him and for that fact alone, it was perfect.

“It’s perfect. Thank you” Kyuhyun said warmly instead, reaching outwards to get Yesung’s mug for him.

He didn’t reach it yet before Yesung caught on, smiling at him instead, sparing him the trouble as he reached for the mug himself, taking a sip as he grinned at Kyuhyun, clearly very satisfied with himself.

Together they drank the sweet drink in small talk, Kyuhyun reiterating that he was sorry and Yesung doing the same, before Kyuhyun bopped him on the head lightly, reminding him that Kyuhyun was more than capable of knowing when he should sleep and he really was not at fault. Yesung still seemed to think he should not have pushed him, but Kyuhyun left him be since there was no point arguing it further, instead changing the topic to some gossip he had heard at the broadcast station concerning one of their hoobaes bands, both men chatting amicably as they ate the sugary cookies, Kyuhyun teasing Yesung that he said it was for Kyuhyun but ate nearly all of it himself. That earned him a cookie pushed into his mouth and a pout but eventually Yesung laughed and together they were happy, chatting until it was all finished.

“What do you want to do now?” Kyuhyun asked when Yesung came back from taking the mugs to the kitchen, Kyuhyun very much awake now that he had the drink warming his stomach and mood better now that the sugar had taken effect.

“Sleep” Yesung said simply, stretching out his limbs with a smile.

“Sure? We can watch a movie or something?” Kyuhyun proposed hastily, terrified that Yesung was dismissing him and he really didn’t want to go home just as yet.

He was still tired, but the little nap did a bit to lessen his immediate tiredness, so he wanted to spend as much time as possible with Yesung. He was due in Taiwan the next morning for concerts and then he had a full week of varieties and performances and just thinking about his schedules were enough to give him a headache. He sincerely doubted that he would be able to spend time with Yesung any time soon, especially since he believed he was due in Osaka not too much later either.

Seriously, seeing Yesung would be a rare thing so he really wanted to be with him as much as possible now. He knew time was scarce as it was and he didn’t want to waste the opportunity. He didn’t really care what they watched, also sure he would likely fall asleep somewhere in the middle, but for at least a half hour he would get to cuddle with him and hold him in his arms and drown in the sweetness of his scent and he really didn’t want to go without that. If he had to go home now there was no way that he would be able to do that.

They should watch a movie. They definitely should.

“Rather just sleep” Yesung said with a shrug, not seeming to think about it much, just shrugging once more before he walked towards him.

Kyuhyun didn’t know what to do. Should he just outright ask him to stay longer? Would that be awkward? Would he be overstaying his welcome? Yesung would probably walk him to the door and he would probably get another kiss, but still he wanted more. He barely had enough of him as it was, so it was really alright to be a little greedy sometimes right?

Maybe he should just say it? Yesung would but if he could to cuddle up with him for a while even if they didn’t watch the movie that would be worth it. Then it would be better since Yesung might let him kiss him a bit and that was even better.

Seriously, why didn’t they just go to the dorms? Then he would have dragged him to bed with him and got to spend the night with him. That was why coming over to his house was a bad idea even with his parents away.

This was annoying.

“Hyung-“ Kyuhyun began, deciding to take the plunge.

The worst Yesung would do was and that wasn’t so bad because then he would have a reason to poke him and that often led to some petting anyway and that was alright as well. He was interrupted before he could continue though.

“Come on” Yesung said as he extended a hand, Kyuhyun giving him a strange look, sighing internally.

Yesung was going to kick him out obviously.

He had better not force himself on the man that night. He couldn’t really deal with a rejection right then, not for his heart or his pride. Maybe Yesung really was tired and just wanted to sleep. That was okay as well. He yawned a couple of seconds ago and Kyuhyun had to be fair as well. He had had a little nap but Yesung was probably up all night with his insomnia and then he had work and the day must have been troublesome for him as well. He couldn’t deny his boyfriend rest just for him to have his way. That was not fair to Yesung and he really did want to put him first and not just be selfish.

This one he would give up on.

At least he got to decorate a tree with him and gave a glance at what a real future with Yesung could look like if they worked at it, if they tried hard enough, if they wanted it to be so and sadly, if the fates were truly on their side. He also had the chance to drink cocoa with him and just be with him and that should be enough.

It’s never enough though, is it?

Kyuhyun took his hand and tried to keep the dejection from showing on his face. The last thing he wanted to do was make Yesung feel guilty for something that was not his fault. Kyuhyun had to learn to be grateful for small mercies and stop being so greedy, to think of others and do what was best for Yesung and not necessarily what he wanted personally.

Kyuhyun was so into his thoughts however that when he finally looked up at where he was being led and not just mindlessly following Yesung he was infinitely surprised.

This was not the direction of the door.

Oh.

Wait.

“Where are we going?” Kyuhyun asked rather dumbly, since it was blatantly clear where Yesung was leading him too, but for obvious reasons he was having a hard time accepting what was happening, not sure if it was real and worse, if it were, how he felt about it.

“My bedroom…” Yesung answered with a somewhat condescending tone, giving Kyuhyun a look as if to ask if he were dumb.

“Where else would we sleep? Unless you have grown attached to the couch, then I will leave you two to it” Yesung teased with a laugh, basically laughing at his own joke, Kyuhyun scowling behind him but he didn’t really notice, shutting off the lights as he went, making his way to his bedroom on the far side of the apartment, slow steps as he led Kyuhyun around.

He didn’t really understand why Kyuhyun was so surprised. He was pretty sure he told Kyuhyun that he wanted to sleep. Where was he supposed to sleep if not his bedroom? There were times he would have fallen asleep on the couch but he didn’t think he would choose the couch over his bed at any point in time.

Perhaps Kyuhyun was still out of it a little? Or maybe he was just being a brat and teasing? Who knew.

Yesung flickered on the lights as he entered, finally releasing Kyuhyun’s hand, much to Kyuhyun relief, not sure how he was supposed to react now that he was standing in Yesung’s room. Any other time he would have taken the chance to look around, not really ever having the opportunity to do so before. When he had visited before he didn’t really enter, feeling exceptionally out of place and nervous, so he stuck more to the common areas and it was not as if he came to Yesung’s house frequently to have a look at it. He had just figured that it was similar to his room at the dorms and that was something that he was very familiar with.

Now though his mind was too preoccupied.

Was this an invitation to spend the night with him?

It seemed like it but if he was wrong he would embarrass himself so much and that was not a good thing. Yesung was very good at teasing, but aside from that he didn’t want to seem that overeager and presumptuous.

This was not the dorms.

 The rules were different here and for once he didn’t want to be usual brash self and push things too far. They really were alone now and he didn’t want it to seem as if he were pressuring Yesung. He didn’t think it would get very intimidate either way but still! With this he wanted to be sure, not to be an idiot about it and cause any damage or fuss.

Yesung however didn’t seem to notice Kyuhyun’s mental struggles, busy slipping out of his heavier clothes, the jeans and sweater that he was wearing earlier. He would have opted for sweats but it was a bit cold and figured he should be more careful in what he wore. It seemed really girly to him, but he could admit that he wanted Kyuhyun to see him dressed properly after such a long time rather than his old sweats.

In other relationships he had learnt to dress up for his “dates”, but with Kyuhyun he never really bothered, pretty sure that Kyuhyun had seem him at his worst, sick and ripe with fever to bone tired and sweating like a pig. There was not much he could do to impress Kyuhyun at this point and he supposed they had just fallen into that mould, where they had known each other too long to care too much. Even so, he figured as a sign of sincerity at least he could dress properly to see him that day. They didn’t exactly date and he was happy they could be comfortable with each other but he wanted to make a little effort today.

He was glad to be in his warm comfortable clothes though, a little surprised that Kyuhyun had not made any erted comment about his /thighs/everything as he changed but let it go. He doubted Kyuhyun choose to be well behaved so figured he was distracted elsewhere, not giving it much thought, just getting dressed, cutely dragging a hand through his hair as he settled, turning to find Kyuhyun standing awkwardly, shifting his weight from one side to the other.

Oh.

Yesung completely forgot.

“You need clothes. Right!” Yesung said with a hitch, turning away from Kyuhyun instantly to go rummage for some clothes for him.

It was not as if Kyuhyun could sleep in his jeans and sweater and whatever else he had on, Yesung biting back the laugh as he thought about the numerous layers of clothes Kyuhyun probably had on, only to be startled when a hand grabbed him.

“Uhh….you want me to stay here with you? To sleep here with you? In your house? On your bed with you?” Kyuhyun asked nervously, nearly sweating, heart in his mouth, shocked by how much courage it took to just ask such a simple question.

He had thought about it long and hard in that couple of minutes that Yesung was changing, so much so that he couldn’t even on him, but that was beside the point!

Anyway, he had thought about it and he figured the awkwardness of the question was better than the embarrassment he would feel if Yesung had something else in mind. Maybe Yesung was going to offer him the couch? Maybe he was going to ask him to take off the lights for him and ask him to leave? So many possibilities and whilst they may seem ridiculous to other people to make their boyfriend come into their bedroom with them only to ask for the lights to be put out on their way out, it was perfectly rational for someone as weird as Yesung.

Kyuhyun knew better than to assume that something was a fact with Yesung. He had been thrown for a loop more times that he could count and he really needed to be sure about this. If Yesung wanted him to stay with him then the awkwardness would be limited to the question and not spread over their relationship.

Yeah.

This was better.

And awkward.

So very awkward.

Yesung laughed.

Kyuhyun wanted to strangle him! He held it back though…for now.

“What did you think I meant?” Yesung asked with a disbelieving laugh, finding Kyuhyun to be adorable in that moment with his near panicked eyes and his awkward stance, everything about the questions awkward, but infinitely cute.

He thought he was pretty clear though.

Unless Kyuhyun had other ideas, but Kyuhyun was normally very interested in sleeping with him so he didn’t see why he wouldn’t want to do that now, unless he was uncomfortable with the house, in which case Yesung didn’t know what to do exactly.

He figured it was late and it would make no sense to send Kyuhyun home, especially since that would be their best opportunity to sleep together for a while, not having had the chance to do so in a fairly long time and he missed it badly. He wanted to sleep wrapped up in Kyuhyun’s arms desperately.

“Unless you don’t want to stay? Is that it? That’s alright. You don’t-“ Yesung spoke with some disappointment, taking to rambling again.

He assumed Kyuhyun wanted to stay, which honestly made sense to him, but if he didn’t that was alright too. He knew Kyuhyun had been a little uncomfortable when he arrived because it was Yesung’s house and not the dorm and Yesung understood that. He figured that it had passed though, since Kyuhyun seemed happy enough to kiss him and so on, but maybe staying there with him was too much? Yesung didn’t want to pressure him or make him uncomfortable. Kyuhyun could go back to the dorms if he wanted easily. Yesung would take no offence and to be honest, he could be convinced to tag along.

His speech was cut short however when Kyuhyun pressed his lips to his.

Couldn’t the bastard just say he wanted Kyuhyun to stay clearly so his mind would not have driven him mad and the idiot then had to be so dumb as to think he wanted to leave?

He really was an idiot.

Kyuhyun always wanted to sleep with Yesung,…….in every possible way.

For now he was more than happy to cuddle Yesung and sleep with him, never a suggestion that he didn’t want to. The house would make him comfortable, but they were home alone and it was not as if they could be surprised, Kyuhyun thinking he would like very much to sleep with Yesung.

Kyuhyun kissed him sweetly before he finally pulled away.

And was then smacked across the stomach.

“Stop interrupting me that way!” Yesung scolded, shaking his head at Kyuhyun’s behaviour, the little brat watching a movie or something or the other and now thinking the best way to keep him quiet was to kiss him.

He wasn’t wrong in logic obviously but it was damn annoying for Yesung to be interrupted all the time.

“So, you don’t want to?” Yesung asked again, clarifying the situation.

“I definitely want to” Kyuhyun confirmed, kissing Yesung’s forehead, his heart thumping in his chest erratically, weighing the probabilities quickly trying to determine if it were a good idea.

Cuddling with Yesung was always a good idea.

So be it.

Yesung nodded at him, taking the affirmative for what it was and leaving it so, smiling at Kyuhyun before he turned away, once more reaching the knob for the closet before he was stopped once more, this time by the weight of a brat on him.

“Don’t bother with the clothes. I can just sleep with in my boxers” Kyuhyun said, happily clinging to Yesung’s back, previously annoyed that he had just turned away from him again, but then realized that he was probably just getting the clothes for him.

He did think he would like to wear Yesung’s clothes, it would have probably been a tight fight and he didn’t care that much for it. The clothes would smell like Yesung, but when he had the real thing in his arms he didn’t really need just a lingering scent. He would get to be with Yesung. Plus, it would probably be a tight fit and he didn’t really need Yesung pointing that out as well.

He had actually put on a few pounds, not that it really mattered, but Yesung would about his habit of eating unhealthy things and being too lazy to go to the gym.

“Sure?” Yesung asked, trying to turn to Kyuhyun, the brat still clinging to him playfully, arms wrapped around his waist and head nuzzling against his throat, humming happily to himself.

Yesung didn’t even bother to scold him, just letting him have his fun.

“Hmmm”  Kyuhyun seemed to respond? Yesung didn’t really speak muffled hummed but he would take it as Kyuhyun agreeing and let it be.

“Okay then. Get off and get changed” Yesung directed, finally prying Kyuhyun’s hands away from him, the younger man being troublesome for a few seconds before he seemed to accept what Yesung was saying, releasing his grip and untangling himself from him, muttering an agreement.

To further that point, Kyuhyun began to get undressed, Yesung leaving it to him, wondering to his bathroom to wash up a little bit and brush his teeth, forgoing the skin care routine and just getting the sweetness of the cocoa off his teeth, splashing some water onto his face and drying off as he re-joined Kyuhyun, who was now just in his boxers and a t-shirt, diligently folding his clothes and placing them over the arm of Yesung’s chair, looking tired once again, but cute all the same.

“The bathroom is through there. I left a new toothbrush on the counter by the sink if you want it” Yesung addressed, figuring that Kyuhyun would probably want to get the sweetness from his mouth as well, aware that Kyuhyun was careful to brush his teeth after meals and so on, not wanting him to feel uncomfortable through the night, trying his best to make him comfortable in his home.

“Thanks” Kyuhyun smiled as he took up Yesung on the offer, heading to the man’s bathroom to brush his teeth.

This entire thing felt so weird to him, so entirely domestic and strange, but perhaps the strangest thing about the whole thing was the fact that nothing had changed at all.

They had always been that way.

Nothing was out of ordinary, except that now Kyuhyun had to get a new toothbrush. They had always been so intertwined with each other, so familiar that even the domesticity of their actions had escaped his notice, so accustomed to it all.

Now, he was more motivated to notice these things simply because he was hyper aware of their interactions now that he was in Yesung’s home and possibly where his parents could be. Even now when he looked around Yesung’s washroom, it was clear that it was his mother’s hand and not his own, the place spotless with nice mats and flowers and air fresheners, a female touch so very different from the dorms. It wasn’t dirty really, just very male.

It was a strange feeling, uncomfortable in the area thinking of Yesung’s parents, but the idea that he would get to be with Yesung that evening was enough for him to put everything out of his mind and not over think it all. He always said Yesung had an overactive mind, but had come to realize that he was just the same sometimes.

Now he would just live in the moment that was presented and not worry about it too much.

It was not as if they would be caught. Kyuhyun remembered his own mother being in Taiwan and Yesung said his was there as well, so they were in a foreign country, not simply away from home for the night. There was nothing to worry about so he might as well just enjoy being with Yesung for the night, even if the house would still make him a bit uneasy.

Kyuhyun was quick to finish his nightly rituals, brushing his teeth and relieving himself, tasting the mint of Yesung’s toothpaste on his tongue, re-entering the room to find Yesung already under his comforter, on what Kyuhyun supposed was his side of the bed, which was actually the side he slept on normally at the dorms anyway, though they often got it all tangled up when they cuddled, which was probably going to be the case now, Kyuhyun quick to take his place and instantly snuggling up to Yesung, hand sliding over a small waist, possessive in his grip as he dragged him back towards his body, nestling him protectively in his grasp, chest to back, nose buried in the thick dark tresses, before sliding downwards to nose at the soft skin at the back of Yesung’s ear, pressing his lips against the spot, Yesung humming lowly, just as he laced his fingers with Kyuhyun’s, their hands joint at his middle, legs tangling out of habit.

“Hmmmm , you smell nice” Kyuhyun said a little dumbly.

He was drowning in the  scent of Yesung’s cologne mixing with the heady scent of the coffee and cinnamon, not really thinking about it, eyes closed as he tried to relax his mind and focus on just the man in his arms and the prospect of spending the night in his embrace and not think about unnecessary things, like the fact that the picture of Yesung’s mother on his bedside table seemed to be staring at him, judging him for holding her son like that, for lying to her at every chance he had, for being so damn deceitful.

He knew why they had to keep their mouths shut but that didn’t mean he felt any less guilty about the whole thing, the guilt clawing at his chest sometimes.

Yesung however for once proved to be of some help rather than a nuisance, carefully twisting in Kyuhyun’s arms, ignoring his grumbles about moving, finally turning in his arms to face him, the first thing he did was to reach for Kyuhyun’s face, a gentle caress, before his lips were on his.

Kyuhyun didn’t know what provoked that action, but he was certainly not going to complain, kissing back with the same fervour, which actually wasn’t that much, Yesung gentle and lazy in his ministrations, a kiss after a long day and affirmation of love rather than passion.

It was plain and simple petting and Kyuhyun was definitely going to enjoy every second of it, hands wrapped around a small waist and soothing warmth settled in his chest, rather liking the taste of Yesung’s toothpaste now.

In such a way they continued, easy petting until they succumbed to the tiredness, Yesung’s heart calm in happiness and Kyuhyun’s mind at ease.

A/N: Happy Holidays! I hope everyone enjoys it all :)