A year too late

Too Late

Saturday was a bright new day for SNSD and the sones. But for Seo JooHyun, it was nerve-wrecking.

By the time Seohyun woke up, all 8 members crowded in the lounge, sending video messages to everyone.

Sunny looked up to see Seohyun tilting her head. "Hey! Since all of us are awake, why don't we make a group video message?"

All the members piled on top of the couch, and as always, Taeyeon began the message, "Hi to all sones! As most of you know already, it's girl's generations 5th year!".

Seohyun felt a heavy load, drop onto her shoulders. That's right Seohyun-ah. You'll call him today. It'll be alright. After all, he loves you. A-and we promised to meet in 5 years right? It'll be alright.

She kept assuring herself it was going to be a great reunion and managed to force a smile for the rest of the video message. As soon as they rapped it up with a "Forever it's girl's generation!", she ran into her room and locked the door. The other unnies looked questioningly at eachother. Something seemed to be bothering maknae recently but none of them had a clue as to what it was.

Seohyun mustered up all her courage and grasped her phone. He will definitely be glad to hear from me again. He wouldn't have found someone else would've he? She shook her head. He wasn't the type of person to break a promise with her.

She flipped the phonebook to 'J'. J-U-N-G... She grazed her fingers over his name.

"Seohyun-ah! The concert starts in 3 hours! Hurry and get ready!" Managers voice echoed.

She looked up; she couldn't skip this concert. After all it was SNSD's 5th year special stage that they had been preparing for over a month. Sighing, Seohyun followed the others down to the car

***

For the first time in all 50 or so performances of the song "The Boys" they had, Seohyun missed a dance step.

"Hyun-ah. What happened back their? That wasn't you." Manager grabbed Seohyun. But all she did was bow and rush to the van.

During the performances, she had suddenly been hit with guilt. Why should I feel guilty though? We promised eachother and he was the one who pushed me into becoming an idol and leaving him...

Trudging back into her room, Seohyun held the phone but couldn't bring herself to call him. Instead, she punched in the number above his. Jung ShinHye.

"You are calling overseas.  Extra fees will apply." Then, an all too familiar voice picked up, "Hello?" The girl picked up in English.

"ShinHye-ah!" Seohyun's heart skipped a beat. After a few moments of silence, there was a quiet reply.

"S-seohyun-shi?"

"ShinHye! How could you forget me? I'm your friend Seohyun!" Tears welled up in Seohyun's eyes as she joked around.

ShinHye held her breath then swallowed, "My friend? Even worse, my brother's girlfriend?".

Time stopped for Seohyun, "W-what? What are you talking about Shinhye? Of course I'm your brothers girlfriend..."

She heard a sarcastic laugh from the other side, "SO YOU WANT TO FREAKIN TALK TO HIM?"

Seohyun squinted, "Huh?"

"WELL YOU KNOW WHAT? HE'S NOT HERE ANYMORE. IN FACT, HE ISN'T FREAKIN ANYWHERE!"

It was her first time hearing ShinHye angry and it scared her. "ShinHye-ah. Let me talk for a little though. You know as well as I do that Yong and I promised eachother to meet after a whole 5 years."

The phone shook in ShinHye's hands, "THAT WAS BACK WHEN YONGHWA WAS ACTUALLY ALIVE!"

"Shinhye-ah. What do you mean-"

Eventually, she calmed herself down, "Okay then. Since this will be the last time I plan on ever talking to you, I'll tell you everything. In return, don't even think of interupting."

Seohyun nodded, confused.

"A little over a year ago, it was all over national television that you were in a scandal with some maknae of SuperJunior. Sometime later, the news even reached America that a member of asia's top girl group, Seohyun was in a relationship with a male idol. For weeks after he heard that, my brother wouldn't stop drinking." the two girls held their breath before Shinhye started again, "And before we knew it, he was in a freakin CAR CRASH!"

"But that rumor was cleared..." Seohyun gulped as tears threatened to fall.

"THAT WAS EVEN AFTER WE FREAKING BURIED HIS ASHES!" ShinHye couldn't bear it anymore and threw the phone across the room until it shattered.

Hearing the line go dead, Seohyun hugged her knees. Was it my fault? She touched the photo on her phone screen that was Yonghwa for the past 5 years. She hit herself against her legs. Of course it was, you stupid girl!

Shinhye burst into tears and a sudden memory of playing with her brother, Yonghwa, and Seohyun hit her. Seohyun-unni... I know it wasn't your fault. It wasn''t anyone's fault. However right now. I've got no one else to blame.

Back in Korea, Seohyun also had flahbacks of the great times the 3 of them had together. I'm sorry ShinHye. But most of all I'm sorry Yonghwa. I was too late. A year too late...

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

(A/N) Not over yet!!. I think i should have 1 more chapter to sorta 'Change the mood'... Anyway, hope you at least understood the story! THX