Realisation

Too Late
"Now we'll ask questions from fans. Who would like to answer it?" the host looked at the nine beautiful girls standing in front of him.

Yuri pointed at the quiet maknae who seemed to be drifting off into her own thoughts as she did often, recently.

Hyoyeon tapped Seohyun who jumped a little then nodded at the host. "Seohyun-shi. If you had a choice between love and career right now, which will you choose?".

Shocked, Seohyun awkwardly chuckled, "I guess... career..."

She was lucky Tiffany had saved her then. "You can't really ask our maknae those types of questions. She's way to innocent and focused on work."

***

All through the car ride back home, the question lingered in her mind. Career or love? Seohyun tapped Taeyeon who sat next to her, "Unnie? It's been 5 years... right?".

Taeyeon nodded, "Yeah. Now that I think about it, this Saturday is SNSD's 5th anniversary."

Hearing that, everyone in the van including SNSD's driver shouted "Right now it's Girls' Generation, Forever it's Girls' Generation!".

The driver looked in his rear mirror, "Why so silent Seohyun-ah?". Seohyun looked up, "H-huh? Nothing."

***

When they were back at the dorm, Seohyun was alone in the lounge room with Yoona. Seohyun hugged her knees and asked Yoona, "Do you remember around 8 years ago when we were still trainees? One day we got a contract saying that for the first five years from debut, we must n-not-".

Seeing that maknae was breaking down, Yoona finished for her, "We must not be in a relationship. But why are you bringing it up now?".

"Does that still apply to us?" Seohyun whispered as Yoona slowly nodded. Seohyun abrubtly stood up. "I'm going back to him!"

By then, Sooyoung had also heard. Yoona and Sooyoung looked up at Seohyun and said in unison, "To who?"