House

Dragon Bracelet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    I sighed, looking down worriedly at a large stack of papers spread across the top of my coffee table. Kris was clattering around in the kitchen attempting to make dinner, and I pawed through the papers another time. 
    "Taozi, what are you doing?" Kris asked, setting a bowl of soup carefully in front of me and sitting down on the couch. I leaned into his side and hummed slightly, looking for a specific piece of paper I was missing.
    "Peach, what's wrong? You seem tense." Kris said after a few minutes, resting his hand on top of mine and pulling me away from the papers. 
    "I don't think I can go to school right now." I mumbled, looking up at Kris with a frown. He motioned for me to go on, and I sighed. 
    "I've been saving for a few years, but there's no way I can pay for school right now, on top of the apartment and everything. I'll have to wait for a while." I sighed. Kris shifted on the couch next to me, playing with my hand absentmindedly. 
    "So, your only concern is the money?" Kris asked, looking up at me nervously. I nodded, and Kris sighed. 
    "What's wrong?" I asked, watching his eyes flick nervously from the stack of papers on the table to my face and back. 
    "I've got something to tell you." Kris said, his eyes settling on mine and holding them firmly. 
    "Okay. Go ahead." I said, shifting so I could face him. My hands rested on the swell of his knee and Kris' thumbs absentmindedly the backs of my hands. 
    "Ummm...so...I haven't exactly been using Suho's credit card or money." Kris started. I frowned, wondering where in the hell he got money, and Kris continued. 
    "Well...you know that old myth about how dragons have hoards?" Kris asked slowly. I shook my head, and Kris shifted again. 
    "So, basically, there are these myths that dragons used to collect tons of gold and jewels and stuff...and they're kind of true." Kris said. I nodded, waiting for him to continue. 
    "I kind of gave up on the whole 'traditional hoard' thing like two hundred years ago, and I put everything in bank accounts, but..." Kris said. "Let's just say you don't have to worry about money anymore."
    "...how long were you waiting to tell me this?" I asked, trying to make my way through my shock to actually focus on Kris. 
    "Look, I know I said we wouldn't have any more secrets, but I wanted to make sure it was real this time before I told you about my money. I didn't want to lose you." Kris said, his eyes silently pleading for me to not get angry. 
    "Okay..." I ground out, not entirely sure what you're supposed to tell your mythical boyfriend after he just told you he has a lot of money. 
    "You're not mad, are you?" Kris asked. I shook my head, a slow smile spreading across my face when I realized I could actually go to school. 
    "No, I'm not mad." I smiled. Kris smiled softly, and I kissed his cheek. I paused for a second, then decided to ask anyway. 
    "Can I ask how much you have?" I asked. Kris nodded, turning to neatly stack up the papers in front of me. 
    "Let's just say you're boyfriends with a billionaire." Kris muttered. My mouth dropped open and Kris chuckled, reaching out to touch my chin gently to close my mouth. 
    "B-billionaire?" I stuttered. Kris chuckled again and nodded, kissing my cheek and st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter