Skating

Dragon Bracelet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    I woke up before Kris and kissed his forehead, getting out of bed as quietly as possible to let him sleep. I padded downstairs and reached the kitchen, brewing a pot of coffee. Pulling out the package of eggs, I started to make an omelette. Leaning over the stove to fold the omelette, I let out a surprised gasp when Kris pulled me back against his chest. 
    "Kris!" I exclaimed, almost dropping the pan. Kris' long fingers wrapped around mine and steadied the pan, his lips dropping down to kiss the scar on my shoulder. 
    "Morning." Kris' breath whispered against my skin and I leaned back into him, smiling as I folded the omelette with his help. 
    "You could've slept more." I smiled, cutting the omelette in half and putting each half on a plate. Kris picked up his half and speared a piece with a fork, taking a bite and appreciatively. 
    "And miss this?" Kris smiled, holding out a bite for me. I leaned forward with my mouth open but Kris pulled the fork above his head at the last second and caught my mouth with his. 
    The fork clattered back down on the counter when Kris tangled his hands in my hair. I smiled into the kiss and leaned back into the counter, cupping Kris' jaw in my palms. Kris kept the kiss slow and sweet, sliding his lips against mine tenderly. I dropped my hands around his shoulders and dug my fingertips into the muscles of his shoulders, tracing the tattoo on his arm with one hand. 
    Kris' hands curled down around my thighs and hooked underneath my knees, pulling me up quickly so I could wrap my legs around his waist. I ran my teeth over his lower lip, it into my mouth and arching my back when Kris massaged my shoulder blades. I finally pulled away and braced my forehead against Kris', our breaths panting out together as Kris held me against him.
    "Taozi?" Kris whispered, his gold eyes burning into mine. I smiled, reaching out one hand to trace his perfect lips with my thumb. 
    "Hmm?" I said, kissing the tip of his nose and carding my hands through his silky, messy morning hair. 
    "Do I smell coffee?" Kris murmured, his hands looped around my waist. I giggled and nodded, smiling when Kris kissed my forehead. 
    "Gimme a sec." I said. Kris nodded, setting me down gently, and I walked over to the refrigerator. 
    I took milk and chocolate sauce out, and poured some into each coffee cup. After stirring it, I handed it to Kris and he raised his eyebrows at me. 
    "Mochas? Fancy." Kris took an appreciative sip and I smiled, taking a bite of my own omelette. 
    "What are we going to do today?" I asked, sitting up on the counter and drinking my mocha slowly. 
    "Suho told me about some adorable shops we could go visit, and there's a burger shop nearby for lunch. And then this evening there's a surprise." Kris smiled. 
    "A surprise?" I smiled. Kris nodded, giving me a proud, teasing smirk. "Are you gonna at least give me a hint?"
    "Dress warmly." Kris said after a few minutes of thinking. I chuckled, putting my used dishes in the sink. 
    "That is the worst hint." I smiled. Kris shrugged, his mouth full of omelette, and I pulled him over to the couch. 
    "We need to unwrap our Christmas presents first." I reminded him, pointing to the tree. Kris nodded vehemently, pulling out a medium-sized terribly wrapped package and handing it to me. 
    I tore open the paper, squealing when I revealed the Gucci label. I opened the box carefully and bounced excitedly when I pulled out the bottle of Gucci Guilty Black cologne. 
    "Thank you so much!" I squeaked, kissing Kris' cheek and staring down at the sleek bottle. Kris smiled and I leaned forward to grab a package for him. 
    Kris carefully unwrapped the present, his mouth falling open in surprise when he revealed a plush wolf toy. I had seen it and thought instantly of Kris, so of course I bought it for him. 
    "Do you like it?" I asked, a small butterfly of anxiety sprouting in my stomach when Kris remained a mixture of shock and horror. 
    "Unwrap this." Kris said, handing me a package from under the tree. I frowned, tears pricking my eyes when he didn't like his gift, and opened the package with blurred eyes. 
    The exact same wolf plushie stared back at me. Kris started laughing, and he kissed my forehead with a smile. 
    "This is just proof we're soulmates." Kris' laugh thrummed through my chest, and I started laughing too. 
    "What are the odds we bought the same thing?" I laughed, pulling out another package for Kris. He unwrapped it and smiled widely when he looked down at the watch that gleamed back at him. 
    "It's a G-Shock." I added. "You can take it diving and stuff."
    "Diving?" Kris asked, buckling the sleek black watch onto his wrist with a confused smile. I nodded, shrugging and realizing I wasn't making sense. 
    "It can get wet." I said. Kris smiled, wrapping his arm around me and leaning forward to grab a package for me with his other hand. 
    "Here we go." Kris smiled, handing me the package. I unwrapped the box of bath salts and lotions, giving Kris a teasing smile. 
    "First you give me cologne...and then bath salts? Are you trying to say I stink?" I teased. Kris immediately shook his head, a panicked look flitting across his face before he realized I was kidding. 
    "Don't do that!" Kris smiled, tapping the side of my head with a smile. I laughed and picked up the last package under the tree, handing it to Kris and snuggling my wolf plushie in my lap. 
    "You got me a phone?" Kris said, staring at the sleek iPhone in the box in front of him like it was from another planet. 
    "Yes. It's time for you to fully join this century." I smiled. Kris laughed and kissed me, nodding amusedly. 
    "Alright." Kris smiled. He stood up, gathering the used wrapping paper and throwing it away.
    "I'm gonna go get a quick shower." I said, standing up and starting upstairs. Kris immediately jogged after me, chasing me up the stairs. 
    "Not without me you're not!" Kris called, catching me around the waist and lifting me up. I giggled as he carried me to the bathroom, finally setting me down to start the shower and tug off my pajama shirt. 
    "Kris, stop that." I protested with a smile, laughing when Kris grabbed my shoulders and kissed me. 
    "No." Kris mumbled huskily, kissing me again. I laughed and kissed him back, draping my hands around his neck and humming as I tasted the rich chocolate of the mocha still on his lips. 
    "I wanna get to the shops before it gets dark." I murmured, leaning into Kris despite myself. Kris sighed and rolled his eyes, giving me an affectionate smile. 
    "Alright." Kris smiled, pulling off his clothes and stepping into the shower. I followed, washing up quickly and stepping back out. 
    I pulled on the same fleece-lined pants as yesterday, along with an unbelievably soft oversized grey shirt. Kris reached out and ran his hand down my spine, looking appreciatively at my shirt. 
    "Are you sure that isn't a pajama shirt? It is really soft." Kris smiled. I laughed, pulling a thick sweatshirt on over it. 
    "Of course it's a pajama shirt. But I can pretend it's a real shirt." I smiled. Kris laughed, standing up and going downstairs. 
    I followed him after putting on some of my new cologne, sliding on a pair of fur-lined boots and walking out to the garage. Kris was waiting for me in the car, and he started it as soon as I sat down.
    "Peach?" Kris asked, pulling out of the garage and guiding the car smoothly along the street. 
    "Yeah?" I said, turning down the music a little so I could hear him better. 
    "Uh..." Kris started, turning bright red and looking out the window fixedly. "How do you..."
    "How do I what?" I said, after waiting a few minutes. Kris sighed, drumming his thumbs against the steering wheel. 
    "How do you...turnonmyphone?" Kris muttered, slurring the words together. 
    "Huh?" I said, raising one eyebrow at him. Kris sighed again, turning even brighter, and stared straight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter