Chapter 2

Stuck With You

RPOV

Ryeowook smiled, it had been a long time since he had met someone who brought out his smile and laughs so easily. He felt comfortable with Kyuhyun even if his heart was fluttering like crazy.

     “So I haven’t had the chance to ask you this, but do you mind if I ask you what you do for a living?” Kyuhyun asked

     Ryeowook grinned, “Sure, but only if you tell me what you do first”

     “Well…I can’t say it’s anything unique, but Im a lawyer, but sometimes on the weekends I sing at clubs”

   “Really?! You sing?! Can you sing something right now?” Ryeowook bounced up and down excitedly.

 

KPOV

How could he say no to him… he looked so excited, so even though he had never just sang for one person before, he decided to give it his best. So he sang a song that he had just recently written himself. He watched as Ryeowook’s excited face, turned into an astonished one. Once he ended the song, Ryeowook was completely silent. He started panicking… “was it that bad” Kyuhyun asked half jokingly and half scared.

     “No!” Ryeowook almost shouted a little too loudly and blushed, he quickly adjusted the volume of his voice and continued, “just the opposite! I’m just stunned…I’ve never heard such a wonderful voice before... thank you for singing for me”

“Your welcome, it’s my first time singing in front of just one person, so I was a little nervous”.

 

RPOV

    Ryeowook was touched, Kyuhyun could have easily made up an excuse or he could have just flat out denied his request, but he put himself out there and sang with his all heart and what an amazing voice he had…

    “How come you aren’t a full time singer? If it’s your voice, Im sure you would make it,” Ryeowook said.

Kyuhyun smiled,  “Thank you, when I was younger I wanted to be singer, but my family thought that it wasn’t a stable enough career, so I chose to be a lawyer, but Im really happy that I get to do music as a hobby still. Plus, I find that being a lawyer is quite fulfilling, I feel like I can help others who struggle to get their voice heard…”

   Ryeowook felt like tearing up, this man was amazing…not only was Ryeowook physically attracted to Kyuhyun, but he was also starting to feel emotionally attracted to him as well.  

     “Okay! Now I believe it’s your turn to answer my question” Kyuhyun said snapping Ryeowook back to reality.  

Ryeowook chuckled, “Im actually a chef” 

    “Really?! What restaurant do you work at?” Kyuhyun asked excitedly.

    “It’s called Joie (French for Joy)”

    “Wait a minute…that name sounds familiar” Kyuhyun’s eyes went big, “isn’t that the newest restaurant that received a Michelin star! I read an article that they brought in a prodigy chef who had totally reworked the menu and within 2 years they had a Michelin star! That genius chef is you?!”

    Ryeowook blushed for the nth time that night. “Well…Im not sure Im a genius, but I’ve always loved cooking, and when I see people smile when they eat my food, I get really happy. It’s like orchestrating a symphony when I get to create a dish. And the dish becomes a vessel that holds the happiness I want others to receive when they eat my food. Im guessing it’s similar for musicians…music becomes a vessel for your emotions doesn’t it?”

 

KPOV

    Kyuhyun was now totally mesmerized by Ryeowook. How did he know his feelings about music so well? And how did he manage to convey his thoughts so easily? If Kyuhyun wasn’t already attracted to Ryeowook before, he was now; he had never met someone who understood him so easily on an emotional level.

     Before Kyuhyun could respond, Sungmin came out with a cart full of food. There were platters of sushi, bowls of udon soup, and different dishes of meat and vegetables.

   “Please tell me this is for both of us... because this looks amazing” Kyuhyun said.

   Ryeowook also looked in awe of the spread “thank you so much for making this sir! It looks wonderful”

   “Call me Min sweetie, what’s your name?” Sungmin asked

   “My name is Kim Ryeowook”

Sungmin smiled at him, but then paused, “wait, you wouldn’t be by any chance the head chef at Joie would you?! I saw your photo in the weekly culinary column in the newspaper last week!”

Ryeowook smiled, “Guilty”

    “Oh My God!! I went to your restaurant last month! The food was amazing!! It was to die for, I ordered the beef bourguignon and I thought I had died and passed on to heaven. And don’t even get me started on the Crème brûlée…I think I actually cried when I finished the last bite.”

   Ryeowook blushed at the praise, “thank you so much, Im glad you enjoyed the food”

   “Im starting to get jealous that Sungmin’s gotten a taste of your food! Now I really need to get myself over to your restaurant. It's starting to sound better and better!” Kyuhyun interjected.

    “Oh My god!!! I can’t believe the head chef at Joie is about to eat my food! Wait, can I have picture with you? My family isn’t going to believe this!”

    “S..Sure” Ryeowook agreed and smiled a little awkwardly as Sungmin snapped a photo with his cell phone.

  Even though Kyuhyun knew Sungmin was married, watching him get close to Ryeowook burned him up. Oh man…this was bad…he was already feeling possessive of Ryeowook and they weren’t even dating. He was falling fast and hard.

   “Min, let him go, you're smothering him, and you still haven’t answered if the food is for the both of us.” Kyuhyun said playfully but with a hint of seriousness.

   Sungmin shot Kyuhyun a glare, but released Ryeowook who looked a little relieved that he could stop posing for pictures.

  “Yes, the food is for both of you, but you better make sure that Ryeowook gets to eat everything he likes”

   “Hey no fair Min! Your playing favorites!”

   “You bet Im playing favorites! Have you tried this man’s food?! He’s like a god in the food world!”

 

RPOV

    Ryeowook watched in amusement at their banter. But there was something painful about watching Kyuhyun and Sungmin playfully argue with one another- it showed how close they were. Wait?! Was Ryeowook jealous of Sungmin? Ryeowook felt his heart sink… how could he have fallen for someone so quickly, who probably has no interest in him?

     His thoughts were interrupted by a phone call, he looked up to see Sungmin picking up his phone. “Sorry guys, it’s my wife, I better take this, you two enjoy the food okay? And Kyuhyun make sure you let Ryeowook eat everything he likes!” And with that he answered the call and went back into the kitchen to brag to his wife that he had met the head chef at Joie.

    “Does this happen to you a lot?” asked Kyuhyun.

Ryeowook was puzzled, “Does what happen a lot?” he replied

    “Getting recognized when you go out to eat”

    “it happens on occasion” Ryeowook admitted

 

KPOV

   He’s being humble again…Kyuhyun thought. Kyuhyun watched as Ryeowook dug into the nearest dish. Kyuhyun was starting to understand that Ryeowook was pretty much oblivious to how beautiful/cute he was, but to be honest that just made Kyuhyun like him all the more.