Chapter 5

Stuck With You

 KPOV

   Kyuhyun was ready to leave the restaurant, he knew that if he spent any loner in there, he'd end up snapping at Sungmin. He was getting pretty irritated with the chef for hogging Ryeowook’s attention (although he might have still been a bitter about the leftover dividing) and was eager to be alone with Ryeowook again.

   Ryeowook must have sensed that Kyu was getting antsy because he quickly said,

“So just to double check, Ill see you on Sunday at 6:30 pm, but you have my number if something comes up. Kyuhyun and I better get going, so you can finally see your family! Thanks again Min.” Ryeowook said while bowing, but didn’t really stay in that stance for that long because Sungmin pulled him into a hug.

 “No problem dear, and Kyuhyun remember to treat him well or Ill come and give you hell!”

 “I got it Min” Kyuhyun said while rolling his eyes playfully and pulling Ryeowook out of Sungmin’s arms, “and quite smothering my boyfriend!” he added.

He then pulled Ryeowook out of the restaurant before Sungmin could lecture him or get angry at him.

It was now 1:30am and the extreme weather was gone only to be replaced by a clear sky and clean fresh air. Kyuhyun breathed in the air, and exhaled deeply.

   “The air quality is always great right after it rains” Ryeowook said, voicing out Kyuhyun’s thoughts. They had walked down the street, both were admiring the night sky. They had each called a cab company earlier because it was now too late for the buses to be running, but the wait for the cabs would be about 10 minutes. Ryeowook was looking up at the stars and was bundled back up in his scarf and hat and Kyuhyun thought he looked absolutely adorable. He made his way behind him and wrapped him arms around his waist. Ryeowook sighed contently and grabbed onto Kyuhyun’s arms. In response, Kyuhyun tightened his grip around him. They stood in comfortable silence, happy to just be in each other’s company for a little while longer that night.

   “I don’t want to let go of you” Kyuhyun said, breaking the silence.

   “I don’t want you to let go of me either” Ryeowook said smiling, while he squeezed the arms that were securely wrapped around his waist.

   “Kyu…?” Ryeowook asked

   “Hmmm….?” Kyuhyun replied

   “The next time you see me you won’t be disappointed right?” Ryeowook asked nervously.

   “Why would I get disappointed love?” Kyuhyun asked in confusion.

Ryeowook blushed fiercely at Kyuhyun’s nickname for him.

   “Well…Im just scared that the next time we meet, you’ll think it wasn’t as special as when we were stuck in Min’s restaurant. Im afraid you’ll feel like the connection we shared was becau...mmm” Ryeowook didn’t get to finish what he was saying because Kyuhyun didn’t give him the chance and had cut him off with a gentle kiss. After breaking from the kiss Kyuhyun said:

  “I want to tell you right now that our connection isn't because we were stuck in that restaurant. It’s because you were the one I was stuck with. If it had been anyone else, this night would have gone Very differently-I can assure you of that. I probably would taken the first escape opportunity presented to me. But it was you and I wanted time to stop because I wanted to spend more time with you. And I could have cared less where we were, we could have been anywhere! I could have been in a McDonald's with you or in a cheap diner with you. All that matters is that Im stuck on you. And I think I should warn you that you’ll probably be stuck with me for a long time because the idea of you being with someone else makes me feel sick to the core. Not to menti…mm”

    It was Ryeowook’s turn to shut Kyuhyun up with a kiss, but instead of it being gentle, the kiss was passionate and Kyuhyun quickly deepened the kiss and had Ryeowook . They broke away from each other breathless.

   “You talk too much Kyu…” Ryeowook said while giggling.

   “Well someone was worried that I only liked him because of the odd circumstances that happened tonight!”Kyuhyun said while pouting.

   Ryeowook quickly wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun's neck, 

   "I know I was a little anxious, but I think you dispelled all of them with your long speech. And just for the record, I don't mind being "stuck with you", in fact I rather love the idea", Ryeowook said before standing on his toes and pecking Kyuhyun on the lips again. 

They stayed wrapped in each other's arms until they heard honking. They looked to see two cabs on the street waiting for the two lovebirds to step out of each other's embrace. Kyuhyun walked over to the bench where they had set aside the boxes of food and brought Ryeowook's bag over to him. 

 "Thanks Kyu" Ryeowook said while taking his bag.

 “No problem love” Kyuhyun said as he took Ryeowook’s hand while they walked towards their cabs.

 “So I guess Ill see you soon then” Ryeowook said as they reached the cabs.

 “Of course!” you’ll probably see me sooner than you want to!” Kyuhyun joked.

 “Impossible. Ill probably be thinking about you all day…”Ryeowook admitted.

 “Well then that makes two of us. Im pretty sure Im going to get hell from my coworkers in my law firm for not being able to focus…” Kyuhyun grumbled.

  “Just tell them that you ate some really good food last night…” Ryeowook said while chuckling and quickly pecked Kyuhyun’s lips again for good measure and then got into his cab before the driver could yell at him for keeping him waiting for too long.

  “I don’t think they’re going to buy that excuse, but ill try it out anyway,” Kyuhyun said while he closed the cab door behind Ryeowook.

Ryeowook had opened the window of the car and Kyuhyun took the opportunity to kiss him one last time that night, before waving goodbye to him and getting into his own cab. Once he was sitting comfortably in his cab he felt his phone vibrate. Kyuhyun looked down to see a text from Ryeowook.

 

From: Ryeowook

Do you have dinner plans tomorrow?

 

Kyuhyun smiled at his boyfriend’s eagerness to meet up.

And he quickly texted back: Nope! Im completely free!

 

From: Ryeowook

Well you officially do now! Come to Joie at 7:00 pm tomorrow (or should I say later today since it’s already 1:50am!). And now if your coworkers give you crap tomorrow, you can tell them that you’re going to be eating some very delicious food…

 

Kyuhyun chuckled at Ryeowook’s comment and texted back: Great…so I don’t have to worry about getting teased, but now they’re going to beg me to let them come with me…or they’ll ask how on earth I got a reservation at the busiest/most famous restaurant in Seoul…

 

From Ryeowook

Tell them you know “people” XD

 

Kyuhyun actually laughed hard at that and his cab driver looked in the rear view window to make sure he didn’t have a crazy passenger.

 

RPOV

His phone buzzed alerting him Kyuhyun had responded to him

 

From Kyu:

Or better yet, how about I tell them that my adorable boyfriend is the head chef and that he’s all mine…

 

Ryeowook blushed at Kyuhyun’s text…he didn’t know how he should respond to that…but before he had a chance to think about what to reply his phone buzzed again

 

From Kyu:

Did that make you blush? ;)

 

Ryeowook laughed at how well Kyuhyun new him already and texted: I did…. And as for my response, I think you should leave out the “he’s all mine” part…that might be too much info for them XD

 

From Kyu:

*Pouts* alright….but I seriously want people to know that we’re together… but ill wait…

 

Ryeowook smiled, it was amazing to him that Kyu’s texts had made him lose track of time because before he knew it the cab had pulled up in front of his apartment. He stepped out of cab, paid the driver and stepped into his loft. Once he entered the door, he took off his hat and scarf and put the leftovers away in his fridge and noticed that Kyuhyun had actually given him some more of the leftovers. He smiled half confused and half amused at his new boyfriends doings and took out his phone.

 

KPOV

Kyuhyun’s cab had already dropped him back at his apartment and he had already changed into his pajamas when his phone vibrated

From Ryeowook:

Why did you give me more leftovers?! Now I have way too much food XD Plus I thought you were pouting about me getting more leftovers! Are you trying to make me fat? -___-

Kyuhyun smirked and then chuckled. He thought it funny that his boyfriend was just now catching his little achievement and texted back: because Min is right! You do need to eat more! Im worried you’re not taking care of yourself properly! You seem like the type to worry if everyone else has had enough to eat, but then not eat enough yourself! XD Plus…I’m planning on eating a lot tomorrow…. ;)

Kyuhyun hopped into his bed when his phone buzzed again

From Ryeowook:

Aish….you… well the food is delicious, so Ill do my best to eat all of it in the coming days, but ill make sure to cook lots and lots of food for you, so you’ll have lots of leftovers too! Kekeke….

Anyways my eyes are barely staying open Kyu, Im going to bed. Ill see you later today since it’s already 2:10. Goodnight Kyukyu! <3

Kyuhyun smiled and texted back:

Im looking forward to it. Goodnight love <3

That night, both of them only slept for 5 hours, but both of them fell asleep with smiles on their faces and both woke up with smiles because they each knew that they had found the person they were fated to be with. And the best part was that they would see that fated person in less than 15 hours again…