Chapter 4

Stuck With You

RPOV

   Ryeowook’s heart melted, it was the second time Kyuhyun had said he wasn’t going to let Ryeowook go…and it made him feel wanted and loved even if it was too soon to tell each other I love you.

   Ryeowook focused back onto the conversation that was taking place without him,

  “You better, he’s such a catch!” Sungmin said.

  “Hey! You’re already married! Quite saying such things!” Kyuhyun responded.

   Ryeowook laughed at Kyuhyun’s jealousy and patted his leg.

  “Min, how does next Sunday at 6:30 pm sound?” Ryeowook asked

  “That sounds great, but isn’t Joie closed on Sunday’s” Sungmin asked puzzled.

  “It is, but I really want to do something special for you and your family, and the owner gives me full access to the restaurant on Sunday’s because sometimes I like to go in and develop new menus.”

   Sungmin was now beyond touched. No one had ever gone to such extremes to repay him.

  “Thank you so much sweetie! But you really don’t have to invite us on Sunday, my family would be happy to go on whatever day was most convenient for you.”

  “It’s no problem at all, I really insist! Plus if it’s all right with you, I would like to invite the friend who told me about this place in the first place, he came earlier with a friend of his and recommended it to me. His name is Lee Hyukjae, but most people call him Eunhyuk …without him, I would have never ended up here and met Kyuhyun and you. And of course I would like to invite Kyuhyun too.”

 

KPOV

Kyuhyun almost spit out the water he was sipping and started coughing because the water had gone down the wrong pipe. Ryeowook immediately looked over at him in concern and rubbed Kyuhyun’s back in soothing circles, “What’s wrong Kyuhyun?” he asked worriedly

  “Im fine” Kyuhyun croaked, “I’m just surprised because I believe the person who recommended you this place is also a close friend of mine, and he just so happened to have come here with me a week ago.”

  “Really?! Your friends with Hyuk too! I didn’t think today could hold any more surprises but clearly Im very wrong …” Ryeowook said amused.

  Kyuhyun was beyond surprised. He was going to have to have a serious chat with Hyukjae as to why he had never introduced Ryeowook to him. In fact he was going to give him hell for not telling him he knew such an angelic man!

  “Wow...Im starting to think it was fate that you two ended up together” Sungmin interjected, before continuing to say “And of course I don’t mind that you invite Hyukjae and Kyuhyun too! The more the merrier!”

  “Oh! I better go tell me wife, and double check that the date and time are okay,” Sungmin said, excusing himself from the new couple.

  “I can’t believe you know Hyuk! I wonder if he would have ever introduced us…” Ryeowook questioned.

  “I would like to think that idiot would…but the fact we haven’t met until now makes me really think he may be an idiot after all” Kyuhyun muttered.

 Ryeowook giggled, “well you know as well as I do that he’s so busy choreographing dances for that new upcoming group that he can be a bit forgetful in the matchmaking area.”

  Kyuhyun smiled at Ryeowook’s gentleness, but regardless for what his reasons were for never introducing them, Hyukjae was sure to get a Very long lecture from Kyuhyun.

  “Good news guys! My wife was absolutely ecstatic when I told her Ryeowook invited us to Joie. In fact when I asked her if Sunday at 6:30 was okay, she almost lectured me that she wouldn’t miss this opportunity for the world and she would skin me alive if I didn’t tell you yes. The only reason she didn’t go full on lecture on me was because she was afraid you’d think we didn’t want to come if I kept you waiting for our response” Sungmin said sheepishly.

  “Im glad the date and time are okay” Ryeowook said relieved.

  “Oh! By the way, can we exchange numbers? Just in case something unforeseeable pops up on someone’s end” Sungmin asked.

  “Of course we can! That’s a great idea, in fact, I just realized Kyuhyun and I haven’t even exchanged numbers yet!”

 Kyuhyun immediately brought out his phone. He couldn’t believe how stupid he was. To think he never asked Ryeowook for his number and they had already kissed several times now! What was wrong with him?!

  They spent a minute exchanging numbers with one another and afterwards Sungmin decided to go pack up all the leftover food for Ryeowook and Kyuhyun to take with them.

    Meanwhile, both Ryeowook and Kyuhyun were simultaneously getting nervous about saying goodbye to one another. It was odd, being stuck someplace had never been such a happy occasion for both of them. Who would have thought they’d meet their significant other in a small sushi place lost in a small shopping district.

But regardless, neither of them wanted to part because they had just found the person who for lack of better words just clicked. Of course they would see each other soon, but even knowing that…there’s something scary in the first parting. Maybe it’s the fear that the initial spark will disappear the next time they saw one another. Or that this dreamlike time they had spent together would somehow break by going back to the outside world.  Whatever the case, both of them were unraveling at the seams thinking about it.

 

RPOV

  S..so I never asked but where do you live? Ryeowook asked, suddenly becoming more afraid of parting.

  “Well, from the restaurant…it's about a twenty minute drive. I live in Cheongdam-dong, how about you?” Kyuhyun asked.

  “Hmmm…so you live in Cheongdam-dong and I live in Samseong-dong…and we are currently in Sinsa-dong right now. Ryeowook said voicing his thinking aloud. It takes me about thirty minutes to get here…but it should be quicker for me to get to Cheongdam-dong. If I remember correctly, the 143 line can take me there and that would only be about 20 minutes.”

KPOV

    Kyuhyun was just happy that Ryeowook still lived in the Gangnam District, it would be a nightmare if they would have to have a long distance relationship.

  “That’s not too bad then”, Kyuhyun said.

  “No, it could have been much worse”, Ryeowook agreed.

 Although it was only a twenty minute ride away, the next thing that had to be voiced was of equal if not even more concern… and that was their schedules. Kyuhyun wasn’t an idiot, he knew that he worked long hours, and he was pretty sure that Ryeowook probably had even busier hours than him.

“Ryeowook...this may seem kind of a silly question to ask now…but do you still want to have a relationship with me even though my hours are long? And I can imagine being the head chef at a Michelin star restaurant takes it’s time as well…” Kyuhyun said.

 

RPOV

Ryeowook had been giving this idea a lot of thought too since they had exchanged numbers and he couldn’t help but smile a little.  Both he and Kyu were having the same concerns, the same jitters, but most importantly they both had strong feelings for each other.

  “I know what you mean Kyuhyun. That’s one of the main reasons I haven’t had a relationship in such a long time. My work schedule is really quite crazy…Most people don’t work such long hours as I do. And my days off are on Sundays and Tuesdays-which is just a weird combination. But I don’t want that to stop us from trying. To be honest with you, I’ve never met someone who makes me laugh or makes me get butterflies in my stomach so easily and I don’t want to regret not chasing after this” ,Ryeowook replied honestly.

“How do you feel about it Kyu?” he quickly asked, feeling a little stupid that he was only talking about what he wanted.

  “Kyu?” Kyuhyun gave him his famous smirk.

  “Oh my god!! Did I say that out loud?!” Ryeowook hid his face in embarrassment “I uhmm thought it would be a cute nickname, but I thought I should wait to call you it, since it might be a little soon to have nicknames…”

 

KPOV

Watching Ryeowook’s flawless skin flush that delicate pink color for the nth time and watching him try to cover his face in embarrassment was the push Kyuhyun needed to find his answer to all these insecurities. He gently grabbed Ryeowook’s hands away from his face and tilted his face so they were looking directly at one another,

    “At some point the line was cast and now Im hooked. I can’t imagine not seeing you again. In fact, im pretty sure I’d go crazy if that were to happen. Im not going to delude myself into thinking that this is going to be easy because both of our work schedules are crazy, but I also know when I have something good and not to let it go. Work is something I can do anywhere at anytime and opportunities will come throughout my life, but love is so much harder to find and it comes when you least expect it. And it comes hurdling at you at such a fast pace that you're not sure when you began to fall. So Im not sure what the future has in store for us, but I do know that I refuse to give you up. So to answer your question- I don’t want to give up on us either.” Kyuhyun replied.

 

RPOV

  Ryeowook was speechless…Kyu’s speech may have been one of the most romantic things he’s ever been told. His eyes were watering again without him noticing and he only realized he was tearing up once he felt Kyuhyun kiss away the tears that were threatening to stain his face.

   He felt Kyuhyun trail kisses down his cheeks, and then on his nose, but Ryeowook was getting impatient and tugged on Kyuhyun’s jacket and guided Kyuhyun’s lips to his. They weren’t urgent kisses, they were soft and delicate. There was no need for urgent kisses because both of them knew they were in it for the long haul and that they would do everything in their power to facilitate this blooming love.

   Eventually they heard another cough and they both pulled away from each other to see Sungmin awkwardly standing with two bags of leftovers in his hands. Ryeowook blushed,

  “Sorry about that Min…”

  “Im not” Kyuhyun smirked.

  “And this is why Ryeowook get’s this bag” Sungmin said, handing Ryeowook the obviously bigger sized bag of leftovers.

  “Thank you Min” Ryeowook said as he giggled at Kyuhyun’s pouting face.

  “Really Min?!” Kyuhyun said with his annoyed face.

  “Yes Really! Look how thin he is! He needs to eat more!” Sungmin replied.

  “Are you calling me fat?!” Kyuhyun asked.

  “No, but working out wouldn’t kill you” Sungmin said with a smirk.

  “Aish… how do you expect your customers to come back when you talk to them like this?” Kyuhyun said half jokingly and half annoyed.

  “Most of my customers don’t piss me off like you do” Sungmin said rolling his eyes.

   Ryeowook tugged on Kyuhyun’s sleeves, signaling for him to stop the bickering before something was said that would seriously offend Sungmin. After all Ryeowook was good at picking up emotions and atmospheres and he sensed that it was time for him and Kyuhyun to get going, so Sungmin could close down the restaurant and see his family. 

   “Min, I can’t thank you enough for taking such good care of Kyuhyun and I. Im looking forward to meeting your family next Sunday! Oh before I forget! Do you or your family have any food allergies I should know about?” Ryeowook asked in concern.

   “Oh! You’re just the sweetest aren’t you! Not at all, my kids will eat anything and as far as I know my wife has no food allergies, Im sure anything you cook will be absolutely wonderful” Sungmin reassured him.