002 — a royal party?

Ruler's Throne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jacqueline's POV.

Winter, Year xxxx.

Just another cheerful wrap of morning. People were rushing through the palace's hallways, wearing their usual attires that symbolize each of everyone duty. It was a very busy day.
Last night, we were informed that each lead of the cities will pay another visit to Sol. A very rare kind of event, indeed. Reminding that their visit always mean a very crucial discussion. And they have never stayed so long in the castle, tonight they will come, right before the sun rises they will head right back home.

But this time is different. Today is the Crown Prince's birthday.


I carefully tied my into a neat bun, and fix my attire, my usual habit to make sure it looks appropriate. I am a member of this palace, after all. I have to do my best to keep things clean. That is exactly what I am always taught of.

I walk through the hallways, where people are busy doing their own tasks. This is an usual morning routine, just the atmosphere is different from back then. I tried my best to smile at the people I passed, and somehow they would return it, some acted like nothing happened. Well, I was kinda used to it.

I was about to pick things I need to do my job, when suddenly..

ctak!

"Ouch!" "Now what was that supposed to mean-"

"Prince Rascal!!! It's you again!!!"

__________________________________________


Baekhyun laughed as he picked the small-sized rock he threw at her just now, "You have to feel honored, who would not want to be confronted by the crown prince, even when it means to be thrown a rock at?"

"Ha, you must be joking," Jacqueline scolded, and then held a broom stick firmly, "I don't recall recognizing you as a prince," then started sweeping the dusty floor, "considering these strange behaviors of yours, Your majesty."

Everyone in that hallway was glancing, some are trying to eavesdrop, some are shaking their head from disbelief. Just exactly what the crown prince doing in such early morning, strolling through the hallway like that?

"That's rude. After all, today is my birthday." he then replied casually, "I'm going to turn 22 today, and I will finally be able to marry someone, isn't it fun?"

Jacqueline had to hold herself from laughing. For a while, she kept on sweeping the dirty floor on the hallway when she replied, "Yeah.. It would be so fun that you're going to be proposed by girls with thick make-ups and fake s in the party."



This is the crown prince, Baekhyun. I don't feel like admitting to it, but he was a childhood friend of mine. No, correction, an eternal enemy of mine.
Why, you ask? It's simple. Because he has always been rather annoying and childish. Said he's going to be the future king, I bet he doesn't even have the guts to court a lady. Or, to put it more simple, he doesn't know a single thing about the world we are currently living.



Only if I was working for him..

"W-what was that?" Baekhyun stuttered, "what was the last part that you murmured just now?"

"What?" I replied sternly.

"You.. insulted.. those royal families?"

Jacqueline sighed. Then what?

"Do I need to repeat it so everyone in this hallway can hear it?" Just now, I can see more people trying to pay attention to our conversation. It's irritating.

Baekhyun looked shock, and he was still looking straight into her eyes. We shouldn't actually

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter