004 — the 'big' night

Ruler's Throne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Servant! Please re-arrange the foods on table number 003!"

"Coming!" Jacqueline answered. Bullet-sized sweats trickling down her forehead, the same goes to everyone. The atmosphere in the kitchen was very noisy and loud as chefs, butlers, and servants busily doing their assigned major tasks. The sound of plates neatly placed, sizzling sound of half-cooked meats, screams and orders could be heard in the room. No wonder, it was a huge party they are holding at the moment.

"Chief, may I borrow this set of glasses?" Jacqueline called as she looked back, she saw Tiffany, with a serious expression, was giving orders to one of the servants, ignoring her. Irritated, she rolled her eyes, "Whatever, I'll just go!"

The kitchen was located in the west wing of the palace, where most of the things you need in meals section provided here, of course. As it has been mentioned before, Jacqueline was assigned for the meals service. Right after her conversation with Lay, the intercom called for everyone to start focusing on their own tasks, where Jacqueline rushed to the kitchen immediately.

Jacqueline ran outside, holding a set of glasses for wines carefully. The west wing might be the busiest place at the moment as people can be seen running inside and out of the kitchen, ignoring each others presence. The road ahead was decorated with creative looking designs of colorful lantern. Jacqueline frowned as someone nearly bumped into her, and didn't even utter an apology. She shook her hand, trying to regain her focus back.

"Lin!" someone called, then approached the latter, "Hey, bring this along, you're going for the tables such 003 right?" the person handed her a parcel full of mangoes, which she confusedly accepted, "I have other things to do, hurry up!"

"Y-Yes!" she replied, as she rushes to the main palace carrying a set of glasses and a parcel of mangoes in her hands.

____________

 

Baekhyun was looking at himself in the mirror. He was wearing a formal prince uniform since it was a grand ceremony, white colored with a gold robe wrapped perfectly around his shoulder, and a black pants that fit. His fringe was styled up showing his natural, milky face completely. No heavy make up was polished since he thought it wasn't really necessary.

"I look handsome," he said to himself, "do I not?"

"You've been repeating the exact same words since an hour from now, your majesty." A servant answered, which made the room filled with make up artists and different stylists laughed in agreement. Such cheerful atmosphere spread in no time.

Baekhyun pouted, "That was harsh, it's not my fault for myself to be born this handsome. I can't just simply ignore this undeniable fact, you know."

"Your majesty is handsome," replied one of the stylist whom by chance handled his hairstyle. The others nodded.

"See? Exactly! I'm so gonna raise your salary up," He replied jokingly, the others laughed at his bluntness shamelessly. Enjoying the reaction, the prince smiled wholeheartedly.

Baekhyun was known as a very down to earth prince, although he was a very reckless and rebelious child, he never despise any of the palace workers. He often treat them nicely, and most times he would just act like a cheeky brat to cheer them up. People in the castle recognize him as the future king, as he was the only son of the current king.

Except for that brat.

"My, my, look at him!"

A tall figure entered the room with a strange wide grin plastered on his face, the guy was wearing the same clothing piece of formal prince uniform as Baekhyun's, only that the difference of the colors made it looked quite contrast. Upon seeing the guest, Baekhyun flashed a warm welcoming smile on his face and right after that, the two exchanged a brotherly hug.

"Yoo....chun, isn't it?" Baekhyun saluted, "It's been, what, forever! How come you have only visited our palace once before? Count this as the second, I'm not very fond of it."

The Yoochun guy chuckled, "Hey, hey, you know how hectic my schedule is, and it's partially your fault that this castle was so far away from mine. And, anyways, shouldn't you be calling me hyung instead, hm?"

"How is that even my fault?" Baekhyun pouted, "Never mind. Have you met my father yet?"

Yoochun shook his head, "No, not yet, I guess." he threw his gaze around the room, and whispered rather carefully, "Is he still being like that? I mean, locking himself up in a room for a whole day is quite inconvenient, isn't it?"

Hearing the latter's comment, the room that was once crowdy went silent in an immediate second. The topic about the current king is well-avoided by any chance, the only information that makes sense is that the king doesn't want to be disturbed while doing his work.

Shocked by the sudden silent treatment, Baekhyun fake-coughed to ease the tense, "Nah, I sincerely hope I wouldn't end up that way, I can't even stand a paragraph of essay to read."

As Baekhyun joked, the people in the room laughed and smiled at the Prince, he managed to miraculously lift the heavy tension within second.

"Where is he?" Baekhyun asked, "I mean, your cousin."

"He is, how do you put this, kind of busy." Yoochun shrugged, "Since his father death, he hasn't really open himself up to me or other relations. I think he was still not over it." As Baekhyun nodded, he continued, "But he said to pass something to one of his childhood friend who lives here."

"Who?" Baekhyun eyes twitched. "Me?"

Yoochun's brows furrowed. "Whose name is it again.... Jacqueline. I guess."

"Oh, that witch," Baekhyun mumbled, "What is it about?"

"I don't know, he didn't tell." Yoochun replie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter