005 — an unexpected event

Ruler's Throne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

( Warning: Bloody, emotional attached scene may occur. We tried to warn. )

 

___________________________________________________________

 

 

Soon as the terrifying sounds came to the surface, the panicking and curious crowds are most immediately appear around the castle. Jacqueline could even hear the loud steps of guards entering the main hall, and the sound of the guests buzzing so loudly are enough to picture the current moment. To think that was most unexpected turn of events for the two that heard those sounds almost too close. They were completely frozen on the spot, not having any clue about the situation.

Jacqueline was clutching tightly around Baekhyun's shoulder, "W-What was that just now?" She gulped, trying to calm herself down. As she looked at Baekhyun, the boy was stunned, looked completely shocked as well. "B-Baekhyun?"

"Y-Yea," he replied back hesitantly, as he looked back at her. Seeing the girl before him, he mentally cursed himself for dozing off a while ago. "You're okay?"

Jacqueline nodded, "I suppose so," she answered, there was a slight discord of bitterness in her voice, as if she's still trying to hold back. "I think we should go check the guests, just to make sure they are all-"

"No," he immediately cut her, "I mean.. I think we should find whatever was behind that loud sounds before, I'm sure it's not far from here." As he saw the look on her face, he gulped. "J-Jackie?"

"Are you crazy?!" she didn't try to hold back as she screamed, the fears and shocks can clearly be seen all over her face as she stopped clutching to Baekhyun, "The guests are frightened, we shouldn't let these people think that-"

"You also heard it, didn't you?" Baekhyun replied. Truth to be told, he was as worried as her, and he was sure that she heard the sound as loud as he did. The terrifying sounds, "It was... closer than we think." And that sound of a man screaming and a gunshot can only mean one thing.

Which doesn't sound good at all.

"But- !"

"You'll be fine," Baekhyun said sternly while looking straight into her eyes, which surprisingly managed to calm Jacqueline, "I am the crown prince, and I trust my servants. Now we should go check whatever was behind this, before the situation get worse." He added.

For a moment, the two just stared into each other's eyes. Jacqueline kept looking at him, trying to find any doubt and fright in his eyes, but quite amazed as she found none. He's being serious right now.
But their moment was quickly interupted by Baekhyun's sudden moves, he made his way through the road to the back of the east wing in surprisingly a fast pace with no hesitation. It hit Jacqueline that what was just happened, "Wait!"

"Prince Rascal!! You- !!" She quickly ran after him as she was still trying to chase her doubts away, which is why she couldn't really keep up with his pace. He's not crazy, he's insane. She tsk-ed.

"Wait!!"


____________



The room was very dark, as dark as the scene and the people's hearts in it. Nothing can really be seen in the room, but by just seeing the length of the darkness, you can conclude that it was quite a large room.
Some people can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter