001 — prologue

Ruler's Throne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

tak. tak. tak.

A sound of a man walking could be heard through corridors. He was wearing a white robe, and was carrying a luxurious looking sword in his right hand. He had a firm look on his face, and never even slightly looked away from his direction. The halfway was barely seen empty, as if no one was never there.

The man stopped, in front of him was a large door that seemed to be beautifully polished. He tightened his grip on his sword, and hesitantly knocked on the door.

Something isn't right.

"Come in," someone, whose voice was heavy, replied from inside the room, behind the door just now.

At first, the white robe man seemed to be quite doubtful, but in instant he collected himself back. The man seemed to be forcing himself so hard.

Then he walked into the room. with stable footsteps which you'll recognize as a warrior's when you heard it, "Prince."

"Oh," the heavy-voiced man who was sitting on a chair in the middle end of the room, just now raised himself, "It's you, Lay."

He looked suspiciously happy.. And curious.

"I've done the task for you," the Lay guy said sternly, "The bandits have taken care of it. I sincerely believe they must have finished it by now."

"Oh, really." the other man replied, "I'm sure it must be a hard duty for you, since you have been serving the family for years," he laughed half-heartedly, "I didn't expect you to actually volunteered for this kind of task, but however, I appreciate your work. You soon will be rewarded."

Lay tightened his grip on his another hand, more likely dug his nails into his own palm. Sweats are all over his face, and his expression which was just now stern, became unsteady.

"Tao."

A bandit-looking man entered the room, he had a tabular expression on his face, and seemed to be a hard person to read. He had two kinds of sharp equipments patched on his back, and he was wearing a black robe, opposite to Lay's.

"Tao. Now's your task," the man simply said, "Take care of that little baby."

"Y-Your majesty!"

Lay was now holding the sword in his hand, which in instant, Tao drew his too. Lay was sweating rather hardly.

Lay cleared his throat, "Your majesty,"

"I'm pleading, this is their last order, Your majesty. If you don't mind," he drew his sword back, and spoke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter