You Look Like A Princess

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 61

You Look Like A Princess

 

It was Sunday morning. The boys were still asleep, so you went to take a shower after having watered the plants in your house and cleaned up a bit.

It was nice to be up a bit earlier than the others. It meant having some alone time, long showers, and relaxation before the two would wake up.

But soon your peace was over, when you heard a knock on the door. You froze with hands in your hair and shampoo.

“Yes?” You called out and quickly washed your face, getting rid of the shampoo. Maybe it was Ki Joon at the door.

“I need a shower too, when are you done with your business, woman?” Yongguk asked.

You peeked past the shower curtain, stared at the closed door as if your eyes could shoot with lasers and burn a hole through the door and get him.

“When I want to.” You replied and scrunched your nose.

“Well, you have to hurry up, we got something to do later.” Yongguk said.

“Like, what?” You asked with a confused look.

“I’ll tell you later.” He said, and then you heard the sound of his footsteps getting further away from the door.

“Bang?” You called out.

“Hurry up.” He shouted from the hall.

Just like that, you hurriedly washed up and rushed off to get changed. When you arrived downstairs into the open room about thirty minutes later, no one was there.

You sighed, but suddenly, you could hear a distant sound coming from Yongguk’s studio and headed in that direction.

The door was ajar, you pushed it back and stepped inside the dimmed room. Yongguk was seated on his chair in front of his equipment, playing a jazzy tune as he looked at the computer screen and you could see some musical notes on his desk. He was working on some lyrics and composition.

“You said we got something to do.”

He turned around in his chair and looked out at you, when he heard your voice and his eyes trailed down and up your body. Instantly, you tensed up.

His brows were furrowed. He raised his hand in front of his face, rubbed his chin, and pursed his lips with knitted brows.

“Ehm- what is it? Do I have something stuck on my face?” You asked, seen as he was staring at your face so intently now as if he was studying your looks.

You touched your cheeks, wondering if you had some mascara stain on you. You had just applied makeup.

“No, we are going dress shopping.” He said.

You stared at his face with a blank look.

“Sorry- what?” Your eyes widened.

“My company’s anniversary is next Friday. I assume, you would need a new dress for it.” He said as he stood up from the chair.

There was a moment of silence as you let it all sink in and remembered the things. The anniversary party of his company, and the fact that you had been asked out as his date for it. You stared off. It was already happening next Friday.

“Do you have a formal dress?” He pulled you out of your little reverie, and you quickly shook your head. You gazed back into his eyes.

“No, not really. I’ve not needed one before.” You told as you rubbed your upper arm. He looked into your eyes for a while.

After a moment, he finally looked away and ruffled his long locks as he leaned back into his chair. He let out a deep sigh. It seemed like he was thinking deeply, and then he nodded to himself.

“We have to look for a dress today.” He broke out in a low tone. It was as though he was talking to himself, because he stared off into distant, not looking at you.

It seemed like he had forgotten about your presence. You frowned for a second. You cleared your throat, getting his attention back on you, and his eyes drifted towards you.

With a blank look on his face, he stared at you, and you fluttered your lashes, waiting for him to say something more. Wasn’t he going to say when and where you would be going?

“You are still standing there.” He said with a frown.

You frowned. “Is that all?” You asked, and he nodded. He had nothing more to say. “Okay then.” You turned around about to head out but stopped, when something crossed your mind.

You spun around and looked back at him. His back was facing you and he was already working on making some musical composition that did really sound good. You stood still for a few seconds. The melody filled the small space.

“Yongguk?” You called out.

“You are still here?” He said, and you took a step towards him. 

“Bang?” You gazed down at him with your hands on your hips.

He tipped his head to the side and his dark eyes drifted up. He stiffened, when he saw that you had moved next to him, and you were staring at him intently with a hard look.

“What is it?” He asked.

“Will you come out and help with the breakfast?” You asked calmly.

There was a moment of silence, but then the corner of his lip curved up, and somehow his eyes seemed to light up. You fluttered your lashes, feeling puzzled at his sudden smile.  

“You could have just asked that before.” He said with a small smile, making his dimples form.

Abruptly, he stood up from his chair, kicking it back, towering you with his height, and your eyes instinctively followed his movements.

He was suddenly a few inches away from you. You blinked your eyes, feeling small in his close presence, and your heart made a sudden jump inside your chest.

Instincts took over, and you took a step backwards to create space between you. However, you gasped as you nearly stumbled, but fortunately he grabbed onto your arms, steadying you. He gazed into your eyes with a hard look as he pulled you closer.

“Don’t fall.” He said in a rough tone.

“You suddenly moved.” You said as you gathered yourself, but he had a tight grip on your arms.

His eyes drifted down to your arms where he held onto you closely. Then you saw his brows furrow for a second. He took a step back.

“Let’s set the table before the kid wakes up.” He said as he strode off.

You stood still for a moment and grabbed onto your arms as you could feel something weird tingle throughout your arms. You shook your head and strode out of the room to prepare breakfast with Yongguk.

Yongguk has never said no to helping with cooking or cleaning. But you often wake up first and tend to make everything ready before the two men wake up. It was a habit to just get it done quickly.

He opened the refrigerator, brought out the small boxes with side dishes and placed them on the counter.

“We are running out of a few dishes.” He said as he took the lids off. You walked over to him and you stole a glance into the box with kimchi.

There wasn’t much left in the boxes, and you were even running out of kimchi. You pursed your lips.

“Yeah, we don’t have much kimchi left. I should visit my mother. She said she’s made a lot side dishes for us.” You said as you looked up at him.

You froze, realizing how closely you had moved next to him, and his eyes were on you. You blinked your eyes. Your heart began to race.

“How is she, your dad and Hyuk?” He asked.

“They are well. They kind of miss you.” You said the latter part in a slightly smaller voice, but he heard you clearly as he was suddenly smiling, making you feel somewhat uneasy.

“We should visit them.” He told, and you nodded. “My parents miss you too, and the little one.” He added.

“They do?” You asked, and he nodded as he looked into your eyes.

His full lips pursed, and his expression made him look so much younger, almost childlike. You broke off the gaze and looked out.    

The thought of keeping this act of being together still made you feel bad and uneasy. Lying to your families. You hated it. 

“What are you thinking about? You look worried to me.” He said.

You looked out at him, surprised that he noticed it. He furrowed his brows and clenched his jaw, gazing into your eyes deeply.

In the back, you could hear the sound of the soup that boiled, the sound of the rice machine that was cooking the rice.

You ran your tongue over your lips and bit onto your bottom lip. You wanted to know his thoughts on this matter.

“For how long do we have to keep.. this act.. the truth from them all?” You struggled to form the right sentence. Your gaze was on the ground.

You slowly lifted your chin up, meeting his eyes that bored in yours. But he knew what you were talking about.

“Honestly, I don’t know myself.” He said.

His voice had become lower, deeper than a cave. You looked back up. You were even more surprised now. His eyes pierced into yours.

You couldn’t be the only one who felt bad for keeping the truth from your loved ones. It had been months after all, and soon it would be a year. You couldn’t drag it out for so long. It might get worse.

Your eyes flickered for a split second, when you discovered that he had closed the gap between you.

He was inches away from you. He stood so closely to you that the heat of his body radiated from him and onto you.  

“Does it bother you a lot?” He asked.

You gave him a single nod. His brows furrowed, making his face seem harder. He took another step forward, but you didn’t move away. His hands reached out and cupped your cheeks together. You gazed into his eyes, unmovable.

“I’m sorry for causing you so much concern, Kwon.” He said in a tone so low, it was almost a whisper and his warm breath fanned your face so softly.

Your eyes closed as his thumb caressed your cheek slowly, so slowly and tenderly, causing your breathing to get caught in your throat for a second and your skin tingled. You breathed out slowly, but then you shook your head.

“I do understand why we had to lie. My parents are conservative. They won’t like me living under the same roof with a man, whom I’m not married to, let alone engaged with. I understand why they won’t like it. But I’ll take the conversation with them in the future.. when.. when we are ready to tell him.” You breathed out deeply.

All along, his eyes had been locked with yours and he had listened to your every word with a hard look. His hands still on your cheeks.

“No, don’t.” He said.

You furrowed your brows in confusion, gazing into his eyes, and his jaw was clenched as his eyes bored in yours.

“But why?” You asked.

“I was the one who suggested this, and brought it upon you, even when you protested to the idea. So, I’ll be the one to break it down to our families, not you.” He said firmly.

“But Yongg-”

“No, Kwon.” His deep tone and darkened eyes suggested that this wasn’t for debate, and you sighed deeply.

The sound of little footsteps approaching made you look out, and soon the little one showed up with puffy eyes, and a dog on his tail. You drifted back from Yongguk.

“Good morning.” He yawned and rubbed his puffy eyes.

“Good morning champion.” Yongguk said as he strode towards the kid.

He lifted the boy in his arms effortlessly, and Ki Joon leaned in, snuggling into the older male’s neck, and closed his eyes. The boy breathed out tiredly. His arms hung down Yongguk’s back, and his legs hung down his front. You shook your head.

“Are you tired, my boy?” Yongguk asked.

“Yes.” Ki Joon sighed.

“Have you washed your face and brushed your teeth yet?” He asked, and the little boy shook his head as he closed his arms around his daddy’s neck. “Well, let’s get that done now.” Yongguk said as he strode away, heading upstairs with the boy in his arms, who whined. “It has to be done.” Yongguk said.

“I know.” Ki Joon sighed.  

You stared off into space, thinking back to your conversation. You hadn’t imagined that Yongguk would ever apologize for this situation you were in.

It was kind of him to apologize, and even more kind of him to say that he will explain it to your parents. You already dreaded that day.

You shook your head, but frowned, when you felt something tug at your pants, and then you looked down at your feet. Tigger chewed on your pants, trying to get your attention.

“Oh- I’m so sorry. I’ll get your food.” You burst out and walked over to the cabinets to get the dog food. Tigger jumped on its back legs, when it saw that you were going to feed it, making you smile.

The brown poodle followed you, jumped around your legs happily and eagerly. You laughed even more and told the dog to calm down.

But Tigger kept on jumping at your back as you refilled the bowl. The moment you stepped back, Tigger began to eat, and you its back with a smile on your face. You set the last things on the dining table, seated, and waited for the boys to show up.

“We will head out after breakfast.” Yongguk announced and you looked up, meeting his gaze. The two boys were back, and you nodded.

“Are we going out?” Ki Joon asked excitedly as his eyes drifted from Yongguk and to you, and you nodded. The boy exclaimed.

~❋~

What does it imply to go dress shopping with Yongguk?

You wondered on your way to the city, and you pondered deeply. Would he have to see you try out dresses? You stared out the window and would he give his opinion?

Ki Joon had his Avengers figurines with him and played with them, entertaining himself in the backseat like usual. Yongguk was quiet like usual.

Everything felt like the same, and how it is. However, you were slowly starting to freak out by the thoughts that were forming in your mind.

You placed your hand on your chest, frowning, when you could feel your heart hammer against your chest, and you breathed deeply.

Get it together.

“Are you okay?

The silence ended.

He spoke.

He even asked you something.

“Huh?” You turned to look at Yongguk.

“I said, are you okay?” He asked, and you gazed into his eyes.

Then he pressed on a button, making the window at your side roll down, letting the fresh breeze sway inside and it swayed through your long locks.

You reached your hand out, tugged some of your hair behind your ear and nodded. His eyes followed your movements and to your hair that you pushed back. He pursed his lips.

“You sure?” He asked.

“Yeah.” You replied softly.

“Great. We are here.” He announced and you looked out.

You were in Gangnam, in a street where you haven’t been before, and you stiffened in your seat as you had expected to go to the mall.

Why did he bring you out to the expensive area? He wasn’t possibly going to? no, you shook your head.

Yongguk turned off the ignition, opened his door, stepped out and went to help Ki Joon. You looked out the window and at the shop in front of you.

The word ‘Sonua’ was engraved on the door to the shop and on a boarder atop, and there were extravagant and very flashing-bright dresses displayed on mannequins in the window.

This was a designer brand that you didn’t know of, not that you knew of a lot of designers. You narrowed your eyes, looking closely at the dresses that clearly caught the attention of some passersby on the street, and they stopped to admire.

Then the door to your side opened unexpectedly and you glanced out. He moved in quickly, making your eyes widen.

He unbuckled your seatbelt swiftly, you stared at him, but he didn’t look at you. Then he moved out again, but reached his hand in, taking yours in his hold.

Your heart was acting abnormally, racing wilding inside your chest, and you mentally scolded yourself.

You held onto his hand. His hold was somehow gentle. Then he gave your hand a tug as he helped you get out of the car.

When you stepped out, your eyes trailed up his tall and lean frame and you met his dark eyes. Your eyes drifted to Ki Joon, who stood right beside Yongguk. You looked back at Yongguk whose eyes were still on you.

“Why are we in Gangnam?” You asked.

“We are going to meet my friend.” He said.

“Your friend?” You repeated, and he nodded.

He turned around, still holding onto your hand, he grabbed Ki Joon’s hand with his free hand, and led the way to the shop that was down the street.

“Who’s your friend?” You asked.

Is she a woman?

He didn’t reply you, and you furrowed your brows.

“You have probably seen some of my friends’ clothes. A lot of female idols have worn the brand.” He told, and you were getting even more curious about this person.

Who is that friend of his? Why won’t he tell me the name, is it a woman?

You gazed up at him with narrowed eyes, thinking deeply, but he looked out, and you furrowed your brows.

Then he stopped in front of the store, opened the door, and you entered the place. Your eyes traveled around, scanning the place.

The light in the store wasn’t too bright. It was a warm setting, but your eyes followed every dress that hung on the racks and on the mannequins.

Each piece caught your attention. You had to suppress your gasp and not make a fool out of yourself.

But these dresses were bedazzling. You had never been to a designer boutique before, nor worn a designer dress.

“Yongguk, you are here.”

A deep male voice broke out, drawing your attention towards the owner of the voice, and you fluttered your lashes.

It’s not a woman. It’s a man. Yes, it’s a man!

Suddenly, you felt your hand get tugged, and you looked down to see that it was Ki Joon, who was holding onto you. He looked out shyly at the stranger.

“He’s daddy’s friend.” You said, and Ki Joon smiled sweetly.

Yongguk and the male hugged one another, smiling, and laughing. The stranger tapped his back, making the latter laugh harder.

“You have finally made your appearance.” The man said.

“Yes, it’s been a while.” Yongguk said.

Yongguk shook his head with a smile. The two seemed to be close friends, but you have never heard of him before.

“Kwon.” Yongguk suddenly called out and you raised your brows in question. You stepped forward.

The designer turned to look at you. He had dark brown hair that was parted, and he was tall. He wore black pants and a navy-blue colored shirt. The corners of his lip curved up as he reached his hand out, taking yours. You smiled in return.

“I’m a friend of Yongguk, and the owner this shop and designer behind the brand Sonua.” He told.

You smiled and greeted him. “It’s nice to meet you.” You said, and his smile grew.

Yongguk stepped forward, looking at his friend, and the designer averted his eyes to Yongguk. He let out a short chuckle somehow.

“I prepared the dresses for Sera to try.” He told, and Yongguk nodded. You looked around you, scanning the place as your arms folded over your front.

I’m going to try on the dresses now.

“Don’t worry Sera. I’ll have my assistant help you out in the dressing room, if you need.” He said, and suddenly a female employee stepped forward, greeting you, and you smiled.

“Which dress have you picked?” Yongguk asked as he looked at the designer.

You were suddenly guided away from the men and Ki Joon by the assistant. You looked behind you and saw that the two chatted. You were so confused and wanted to know what they were telling each other.

“The dressing room is right here. I’ll bring you the first dress.” She said and left quickly.

You opened your mouth, but closed it, and looked around you. You let out a sigh, pulled the curtain back and stepped inside the small room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter