walks

`i m a g i n a t i o n ‣‣ oneshot compilation

Walks

g | romance | yunho/jaejoong

There is nothing prettier than a city at 5 AM with its empty streets and cold wind. 

 

- - -

 

Click.

 

The camera made a sharp noise as he clicked on the shutter. That was his tenth capture for the day and the sun had yet rises. Earlier, he checked his schedule before heading out. He still had few hours before he needs to run for work. And by run, don’t take it seriously. He took the subway.

 

Jaejoong had loves photography ever since the day he knew what camera was. At first it was pretty wonderful to be in front of it, but someone told him, “You should try standing behind the viewfinder and you will be amazed, trust me.”

 

Thus, he did. Just like how the cherry tree his mother planted on backyard grew bigger as time passed by, his love on photography grew too, even much more than the tree did. He could feel his heart burst each time he captures a new memory. The adrenaline rush he seizes once his callous hands meet the camera.

 

And just like any other day, he gained a new set of memories to add to his journal. For that one morning, his subjects were nothing of the live motion objects but the empty streets.

 

Earphones blasting Ayumi Hamasaki’s Blossom feat the digital SLR’s turquoise strap all wrapped up on his right hand, Jaejoong took some more steps towards the wooden bench nearby. He sat on it for a good while, enjoying the view from there.

 

That was until the seat next to him was occupied.

 

The musky scent of cologne filled his nose. Sniff. It was yet again the familiar cologne, the same one he smells everyday in the studio. It did annoy him at first since he was never the one who score for strong cologne. But like how the person had tolerate with Jaejoong’s mood swings, Jaejoong had learn to grow accustomed to the latter’s choices, including on the cologne part.

 

Yunho.

 

Together, they had opened a new studio and established their own company. If Jaejoong was alone, the chances of him opening his own studio would probably: 0.01%. But then Yunho came along and everything swung well. That’s why the proverb “alone we can do so little, together we can do so much” was decorated over the front desk’s wall. It purpose as a reminder to both of them on how they wouldn’t be where they were if they weren’t together.

 

Jaejoong tugged the gold earphones off from his ears. The cold wind seeped through his membrane.

 

“Didn’t expect you to be here ...”

 

“I need some air.” “See that tree?”

 

“Which one?”

 

“That one.”

 

“What about it?”

 

“Isn’t it pretty?”

 

Looking through the lenses, Jaejoong observed a lone tree in front of him. The branches twisted like distorted limbs reaching out for help. The eerie feelings crawled up to him. Such a creep, yet stunning. He had to agree, there is indeed a beauty in the dark.

 

Jaejoong took a couple of shots before Yunho leaned close to press his lips against his pale cheek for a very chaste kiss. It was quite an unforeseen move. But Jaejoong understood.

 

“You made up your mind quick.”

 

“We’re together now, right?”

 

Yunho was nervous but he needed to ask. He needed to make it right this time. It seemed a bit fool but he didn’t want to lose Jaejoong this time. Not a chance.

 

Lifting his head from the viewfinder, Jaejoong sent Yunho a meaningful look, hands reaching out to give the slender hand a light squeeze.

 

“I’m yours.”

 

They had gone through many things together, yet none had the nerve to meddle in the other’s love affairs, until Jaejoong took this so called friend relation to a whole new level. He popped the question mark in one’s breath.

 

And now everything seemed to be fallen at its own place.

 

They walked home hand in hand. The bulky camera already channelling from Jaejoong’s hand to Yunho’s after quite some times.

 

“There is nothing prettier than a city at 5 AM with its empty streets and cold wind,” Jaejoong admitted coyly, his lips curling into an amused grin.

 

“There is.”

 

Jaejoong raised his brows at that and curved his neck to the other side, wondering, “What?”

 

“You.”

 

- - -

 

poster creds: urban graphics