Chapter 3

Day by Day

Chapter 3

 

“You know, you cousin looks rather calm when she saw me unlike you.” I said, looking at Taeyeon who just get out from her room and wearing her pajamas that was a loose t-shirt and long pants.

 “You met her?” Taeyeon asked, yawning.

“Yes.” I answered, “I mean I stay in this house from yesterday night until this morning, it’s hard for not meet her especially she live in this apartment too.” I rolled my eyes, this petite girl brain seems not function in the morning.

After last night event where I kneeled down to Taeyeon begging her to help me, I decide to stay in Taeyeon apartment on the couch simply because I’m afraid that I don’t know how to go back here and that Taeyeon will break her promise once I was gone. Beside stay in Taeyeon apartment makes me feel less useless as there’s no my useless motionless body around here and I can work my brain to think how to makes Tiffany fell for Taeyeon. Someone like me afterall can’t sleep and if I stayed in the hospital with my body, I doubt I can think any perfect plan like I did last night.

And that is why I met Taeyeon cousin, Choi Sulli in the first place. The girl is still young around 5 years younger than me so I guess maybe she’s still 20 years old, the age where I fell into a comatose stage. She’s a happy smiling girl that has a beautiful eye-smile just like my Tiffany before my accident turn her into a silent and introvert person who rarely smile, has a milky white skin like Taeyeon and also a power to see supernatural things like me.

When she first saw me, unlike Taeyeon who blabbering things that I don’t understand, she just smile politely at me and bowed slightly. She’s not even asking why I am here or do things that I thought people will do when she saw things like me. She just let me and even talk to me for a while about small things like who am I and things like that before she went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for her and Taeyeon.

“Well, she’s unlike me have a more powerful sense.” Taeyeon said shrugging, “I told you thatfor me it was a really long time already since I see one, but for Sulli, she always sees ghost and maybe because of that she looks rather calm. Beside…” Taeyeon looked at me up and down like checking me which makes me frown at her before she shook her head, “You’re not really scary unlike ghost that she’s seen almost everyday.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment.” I said flatly.

“You should.” Taeyeon answered before walked toward the dining table where Sulli right now putting the eggs and toasts that she just made for a while before with me following her behind.

“Looks good,” Taeyeon said, smiling at the taller and younger girl before sit down, “Good morning Suli. Sleep well?”

“Good morning, Taeyeon unnie.” Sulli answered, smiling back at Taeyeon and showing her eye-smile, “Yes, how about you?”

“I think it’s good.” Taeyeon said nodded her head before she grab a toast and put an egg on it then began to munch it.

Oh how I miss the day where I can eat and taste food like that.

“Jessica unnie.” Sulli said, pulling me away from my thought.

I turn my eyes away from the toast and egg on Taeyeon hands towards the taller girl and offer her a small smile, “Yes Sulli?”

“Please take a seat.”

I shook my head, “No, I’m fine just like this.”

“She’s a ghost so it really doesn’t matter if she sit or standing actually.” Taeyeon said in not a mocking manner or anything, but just in a stating fact tone.

“Again, I’m not a ghost.”

“You’re not a ghost, Jessica unnie?” Sulli asked with a surprised tone in her voice as she looked at me.

I smiled at the younger girl and shook my head, ”No, not yet at least. I am just in a comatose state.”

“Oh… that must be really hard for you, Jessica unnie.” Sulli said, frowning a little.

“It’s okay…”

“Well, hurry up and finish your breakfast Ssul or you will be late.” Taeyeon suddenly said, breaking the somehow heavy atmosphere around us which I really appreciate.

Sulli nodded her head before she took a seat in front of Taeyeon and began to eat the breakfast with me just watching them both eating and interacting to each other and only speak up when they talk to me.

 

XXX

 

“Are you sure this is going to work?” Taeyeon asked doubtly as she looked at her outfit that I picked out for her. A simple white blouse and jeans that brings out her baby innocent face more, it was plain but plain is good rather than being too much. Or at least it was better than her outfit that she picked before, a loose hoodie with loose jeans.

“What? You’re outfit? Because I am totally sure about those. Your outfit before makes you look like a hobo.”

Taeyeon shoot me a glare, “No need to critics my fashion sense mind you. But no, not about the outfit, but about your plan.”

I nodded my head, I don’t understand why she feels so worried about my flawless plan that I thought all night. It’s simple, Taeyeon will ‘accidently’ bump Tiffany when the latter go home after her long shift hour in office and then Taeyeon will offering her to accompany her until Tiffany get home because afraid the same things will happen again like last night.

 “I am sure about my plan.”

“But won’t she feel… I don’t know, a little suspicious maybe as why I suddenly come out from nowhere.”

“Coincidence happens,” I shrugged.

“But we’re actually will waiting at the café in front of her office building until she came out.”

“She won’t know that little fact.”

“What if she’s asking the staff there or-“

“Taeyeon, seriously.” I said with a sighed, “I know Tiffany and believe me she won’t feel any suspicious to you.”

Taeyeon sighed, “If you said so then fine. What time is Tiffany out from the office?”

“9.00 PM.”

“9.00 PM?! Isn’t that really late? I don’t think there’s any office who works their employee until that late expect it was their own will.”

“It is on her own will.” I said as I smile sadly. “She done that because of me and that’s why I don’t want to see her to be like this anymore.”

“I still don’t think your plan will work, she really love you and so do you.”

“Because I love her and she loves me, she need to learn to let me go and so do I, I need to learn to let her go.”

There’s a silent for a few minute and I averted my eyes towards the clock on the wall, it’s still 7.00 AM in the morning, at times like this Tiffany will already left the hospital and go to the office to work.

“You can do what you usually do at times like this, I will just accompany you in silent if you’re not mind.”

“I don’t mind, but really in silent okay? I don’t want people think I’m crazy talking to someone that they can’t see.”

“I will be in silent.” I nodded my head, “But what are you going to do actually?”

“”I’m going to work.”

“Work?! You’re not uhm… going to university or something?”

Taeyeon looked at me with a little offended look on her face as she folded her arms, “I am in the same age as you and Tiffany mind you.”

“You’re 25 years old?! But you looks like an 18 years old!”

“If I’m like 18 years old than you should at least think I’m going to school and not university.”

“I said university since you’re not going with Sulli and she called you as unnie. So I thought you just have a baby face and your age actually 22 years old or something.”

“I am 25 years old.” Taeyeon said as she let out a sighed, “Aish, I don’t have time for this. I need to go to work now.”

“Where are you working at?”

Taeyeon smirked as she took the car keys on the table, “You will see. Sulli!! We need to go now!”

 

XXX

 

“You’re a teacher?” I asked as I looked at Taeyeon with disbelieving looked on my face.

“Is that really hard to believe?” Taeyeon asked back in a whisper as she doesn’t want people to see her talking alone like a crazy girl, especially not when she’s sitting at the teacher office on her small cubicle.

“People will mistake you as the student.”

“Shut up, they won’t.” Taeyeon hissed. “The students here wearing uniform if you don’t know.”

“And to think that you almost went to work before wearing not professional attire but a hoodie and loose jeans.”

“Leave my hoodie alone.”

“What kind of school let a teacher wearing that kind of clothes, even the outfit that I choose for you right is not appropriate.”

“Just shut up will you, you promise me that you will keep your mouth close all the time. If you realy want to bug someone, bug Sulli.”

I raised an eyebrow at that remark, “You, a teacher, seriously asking me to bug your cousin, the final year student in her class?”

Taeyeon shrugged, “She’s fine. She’s smart you know, and almost all the time ghost bug her so I think she will be at least feel thankful for a ghost that she’s familiar with accompany her instead the other ghost.”

“I am not dead yet, so I am not a ghost.”

“Whatever you said.” Taeyeon said dismissingly as she swatted her hand towards me. “Just go now, the other teachers already looking at me with weird gaze.”

I looked around the room and just like what she said the other teacher are surely looking at her with a weird looked.

“Fine.” I said as went out of the room.

I looked around the school that Taeyeon teach and Sulli attend with a small smile on my face, this school is a well known school for a smart and wealthy students. All of the alumni of this school are accepted in their first choice of university and that makes this school have so many applicants.

I was one of them actually and so does Tiffany, I smiled fondly as the memory of that day came to me.

****

“Jessi, are you going to apply at the SM High?” Tiffany asked me as we eat our lunch together at the school backyard right under the big tree so the shades can shelter us from the sun blazing ray.

“Yes.” I answered. “My parents want me to go to that school because it was well known as a really great school. With all of those smart and wealthy students in there.”

“Oh…”

“Why you asked?” I asked back, curious because Tiffany rarely talked about things like that.

“Oh well, I just want to know where to apply my application for scholarship request.”

My eyes went wide, “You’re going to apply a scholarship at SM High?! That school is really hard to went in and-“

“You’re not believe in me?” Tiffany suddenly asked, cutting my words and she looked at me with a slight pouted.

“No, no, no, it’s not like that.” I quickly said, “I just got surprise. I never doubt you for that, you afterall are our always first rank in school. The pride of this school.”

“And now you’re just teasing me.” Tiffany said now not just pouted but also puffing her cheeks which makes me smile and pinch her cheeks slightly.

“Aww, don’t be mad Tiff. But why do you want to go to SM High? I thought that you will surely go to YG High where it was famous for their fashion and all.”

Tiffany shook her head, “No, YG school not offering any scholarship and it was like really far away from the orphanage. Beside…” Tiffany put her head on my shoulder and then closed her eyes, looking really relaxed and calm which makes me smile again.

It’s really weird, people call me as an Ice Princess because I hardly shown any expression towards anything but whenever I’m with Tiffany I can’t help but smile. She’s the only person that can makes me feel normal and forget that I’m a Jung.

“I want to be with you always Jessi…”

“I want to be with you always too Tiff.” I said softly as I let my head lay on the top of her head and closed my eyes with a small smile attached on my face.

If only times can stop in this moment, this is the only moment I can feel calm and relax and forgetting all my life issue. The precious moment where I’m with Tiffany.

*****

Not long after that we both accepted in the SM High but before we can graduate in this school, we dropped out from this school and went to another school and I can’t help but blame myself for that.

I let out a sighed as I looked outside the window in front of the teacher office, don’t really know where to go as I don’t think disturbing Sulli in her class is one of a nice option when I saw something or rather someone that makes my breath hitched.

 

XXX

 

I can feel that Taeyeon looked at me in almost intense manner but I tried to ignored it as I keep my gaze on the café floor where she brought me as soon as she finished her work, the café that was placed in front of Tiffany’s office.

“You know, you’re being awfully quiet when you’re back from Sulli class this afternoon.” Taeyeon said, breaking the silent between us.

I let out a small chuckled, if only she knows that I’m not from Sulli class.

“Is something happen when you spend all your day with Sulli in her class?”

I shook my head, “No, nothing happen.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

Taeyeon looks like she’s not convince but maybe she can feel that I am not in the mood to talk because she just shrugged before sipping her coffee again and looked towards the direction where Tiffany office are placed.

“We still have a lot of times until Tiffany left her office.” Taeyeon said and I nodded my head, agreeing her words, “If you don’t mind telling me… will you tell me what happen until you’re like this?”

“…….”

“Jessica?”

“…..”

“Uhm… I’m sorry if you don’t want to then you sho-“

“No,” I said finally as I let out a small sighed, “You help me so it’s only fair to tell you what happen. I don’t want to leave you in the dark, beside you’re also Tiffany saver.”

Taeyeon shook her head, “It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me-“

“It’s fine.” I said as I let out a small sighed once again. “Well…. Where should I start?”

“Telling the whole story about you and Tiffany probably can help.” Taeyeon said, “Afterall I don’t want to make some mistake and makes her feel sad or things like that. Better be cautious than sorry right? Beside it will help me to understand Tiffany more.”

“It’s a long story.” I said with a chuckled.

“We have a lot of times.” Taeyeon said, shrugging as she looked at the watch on her wrist.

“…Well, we met for the first time when we’re 15 years old.” I softly started as my mind reminisce the memories, “Tiffany was the first one who greet me and offered me her shoulder to cry on and accompany for all day long, since that day we become best friends. But everything between us actually started the moment when we’re on our first year of High School. When I realize that I fell in love with her.”

 


 

A/N: Hi! Thanks for reading this chapter! Please forgive me for the grammar error and everything M(-__-)M. Next chapter will be JeTi past I think XD

Please tell me about what you guys thinking about this chapter! XD I will now work for the My Mom, My Love, My Vamp next chap.

Until next time XD