Chapter 2

Day by Day

Chapter 2

 

I looked around the café where Tiffany asked the petite girl to bring her instead of she bring her to her own home. The café is near Tiffany’s home like only a two and three house away and that makes me less worried for Tiffany well being. Not that I don’t understand what is in Tiffany’s mind, the petite girl although saving her still is a stranger afterall but still I rather see her went back home than sitting in this kind of deserted café.

“Thank you so much…” Tiffany finally said towards the petite girl after a long silence, I think Tiffany finally can handle her shocked from the incident before.

“It’s okay,” the petite girl said with a small smile on her face, showing a cute dimple on her chin. “What I did is something that other people will do, so really it’s nothing.”

Tiffany shook her head, “No, it’s not nothing. I don’t know what will happen to me if you didn’t came…” Tiffany said in a soft trembling voice which makes me want to hug her.

“Hey, don’t think about the what if. You are save now.”

Tiffany smiled weakly, “Yes thank you really for that, Miss-“

“Taeyeon, my name is Kim Taeyeon.” The small petite girl said as she gave Tiffany another smile which is Tiffany returned with her own smile, a smile that shows her beautiful eye smile but eventhough she smile the beautiful smile of hers, it still can’t hide her sadness.

“My name is Tiffany Hwang.” Tiffany said with a small smile, “It’s really nice to meet you Taeyeon.”

“The pleasure is mine.” Taeyeon said.

“Uhm… let me treat you a cup of coffee as a thank you gift.” Tiffany awkwardly said as she gets up from her seat.

“No, it’s fine. Really.” Taeyeon quickly said as she tried to stand up from her seat when Tiffany stop her.

“No, just let me. Please.” Tiffany pleaded softly, making Taeyeon nodded her head slowly and once again position herself in sitting position and making Tiffany gave her a small gratitude smile before she walks towards the cashier counter leaving me and Taeyeon alone, not that she know it though.

“You can see me and hear me right?” I asked as soon as Tiffany left and looked at the sitting girl who keeps looking at the table in front of her like it was the most interesting thing in the world. “I know you can see me and hear me. I’m not stupid especially after that accident before, it hard not to notice that you can see or hear me.”

Taeyeon sighed, “Okay, fine. I can see you.”

“Finally you admit it.” I said, smiled a little before looking at her with a serious looked once again, “But how? I thought no one can see me?”

“I have this ability to see these supernatural things eversince I was a kid. I can sense ghost or spirit or whatever you call is but I never actually see one this clearly before. Not eversince I was ten years old and see my grandma.” Taeyeon said, looking at me curiously. “That’s why I kind of surprise to know that you’re a ghost.”

“I’m not dead yet.” I flatly said making Taeyeon rise her eyebrows.

“You’re not dead yet?”

“I am not dead yet.” I repeat.

“Then why are you-“

“Don’t ask me I don’t know either.” I quickly cut her words, “Maybe because I’m not dead or alive either.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I will explain it later.” I said as I looked at Tiffany who now walked towards us with two cups of coffee in her hands. “But right now I just want to tell you how thankful I am to you. Thank you for saving her.” I said softly with a smile, a smile that I hardly show to anyone.

“Is she… someone special for you?” Taeyeon asked as she looked at Tiffany too and smile a little towards her.

“More than that.” I said while looking at Tiffany putting the cups of coffee from her hands to the table before looking straightly at Taeyeon eyes, “She’s everything for me.”

 

XXX

 

“Thank you once again for everything, Taeyeon-ssi.” Tiffany said as soon as they both leaving the café. She bowed slightly towards Taeyeon who shook her head.

 “No, it’s okay. You already buy me a coffee, so it’s okay. No need to say thanks again.”

“Still, thank you.”

“It’s fine.” Tayeon said, “Do you want me to walk you home?”

“No, it’s fine.” Tiffany decline, “My house is near from here. I will be fine.”

Taeyeon nodded her head, “That’s good to know. Well, I guess see you sometimes in the future?”

Tiffany laughed and makes me smiled, it’s been a long time since I heard Tiffany laughed and it sounds really beautiful.

“Yes, I’ll see you sometimes in the future. Good bye, Taeyeon-ssi.” Tiffany bowed again before she turns away and walked towards her house direction.

“You don’t follow her?” Taeyeon asked when Tiffany was out of the ear-shot and I can sense her eyes looking at me.

I just shook my head as I keep looking at Tiffany’s retreating back, “She will be fine, her house is near and even if I do follow her, I can’t do anything.”

“You can, I helped Tiffany because I heard you shouting voice.”

I looked at Taeyeon, shocked at her revealed before shaking my head, “No Taeyeon, I’m lucky since you can hear and see me. I don’t think that there’s any other person who can hear me.”

“So what are you going to do?” Taeyeon asked as she looked at me curiously, “you don’t think about following me around just because I can see you right?”

I rolled my eyes, “Please, I never think about that.”

“Good.” Taeyeon huffed before she stuffs her hands on her pocket and turn away, “I guess I will see you later or maybe not ghossy.”

“Actually,” I said making Taeyeon stop her tracks and looking at me slightly confused.

“Actually what?”

“Actually I want you to help me.”

“What?!” Taeyeon shouted as she looked at me with wide eyes.

I looked around the street, thank God no one here right now or they will think Taeyeon crazy for shouting like that towards…. a thin air since nobody can see me. “Calm down will you, you want people think you as a crazy person?”

“What are you trying to do here? Me helping you??” Taeyeon asked again, ignoring my words before. “You watch too many movies.”

“I really need your help.”

“Forget it, if you want me to help you so you can move on to heaven-“

“I’m not dead yet.” I deadpanned.

“Or if you want me to said your last words to Tiffany-“

“Again I am not dead yet.”

“Then what you want?” Taeyeon shouted frustrated. “Actually, what are you in the first place? Spirit? Ghost? Or what?”

“…I told you before that I don’t know.” I said. “But I can assure you that I am not dead yet. I still have a body that live… at least for now.”

“What are you talking about?”

I sighed, “Let us go to some seclude place first and not in the middle of street like this. People will think you’re crazy.

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at me before sighed, “Fine, but this by no means I will help you. Follow me.”

 

XXX

 

“Come in.” Taeyeon said as soon as she open her apartment door.

I walked in and looked around at her place. Her apartment looked so neat and tidy, no clothes or books laying around the floor, unlike my apartment.

“Take a seat if you want.” Taeyeon said as she open her jacket and put it on hanger. She then open her shoes, and wearing the house slippers that was places right in front of the door mat and makes me realize that this girl life style is so different with mine.

I took a seat on the comfy couch that was placed in front of the TV, not like I can feel the comfiness but I can guess it was comfy from the looked of it and then loked towards Taeyeon who took a seat at the one person couch that was placed near the couch I sit on.

“Explain everything, now.”

I sighed, “Well… my name is Jessica Jung, I’m 25 years old and I’ve been in comatose state eversince I was 20.”

“Comatose state?”

“Yes, actually it’s hardly to say I still alive.” I said as I looked at my intertwining hands on my laps, “I only alive for this long because of the machines that was attached on my body. If Tiffany wasn’t that stubborn to keeping me alive by putting those machines I will be dead already.”

“….Then there’s nothing for me to do right?” Taeyeon said after a minute of silent, “I mean Tiffany already do what she need to do to keep you alive and-“

“I don’t want to keep alive!!!!” I shouted loudly, startling Taeyeon, but right now I just don’t care about it anymore. “I’m asking for your help not because I want you to keep me alive or anything like that.”

“What?”

“If I can go back to my helpless body and awake to see Tiffany once again, to touch her, to say loving words to her I will be so much better!” I shouted as tears dripping from my eyes towards the floor, “But what can I do?! I already did everything that come up to my mind to makes me return to my body but I still can’t get back to my body! My body keeps weakening as years pass by and doctors already said that my chance to awake is really slim. I am as good as dead person!”

I looked up from my hands and looked at Taeyeon with teary eyes, “But since the doctor said that I have a chance, a really slim chance that was not even reach 10%, she keep hanging into that false hope. She keep waiting for me Taeyeon…. She keep trying to keep me alive…” I sighed and shook my head, “Silly girl. She… I can’t keep seeing her like that.”

“…Then what do you want to do? Tiffany she, I don’t know her but from what I heard she’s love you so much that she do that for you. You should feel happy that someone love you as much as her.”

“I am happy, I am. But I don’t want to see her like this. Tiffany she gave up everything for me. Her future, her money, her time, her friends, everything for me! You know people around her calling her as a crazy girl because of me. I don’t want her to be like that. I don’t want her to give up everything for me. No, I want to see her have a happy life, I want to see her chasing her dreams...” I sighed before I looked straightly at Taeyeon eyes, “Taeyeon, please help me.”

“….What do you want me to do?” Taeyeon asked, “I don’t think I can help you in this case.”

“You can, you’re the only one who can help me.” I said pleadingly.

“Jessica-“

“I want you to convince Tiffany to let me go.”

“WHAT?! Are you insane?!”

“No, I am not.” I shook my head, “Please, convince her to let me go, to stop trying to keep me alive.”

Taeyeon shook her head,”You are insane, there’s no way I can tell her that. She will kill me.”

I shook my head, “You don’t need to tell her that. There’s another way.”

“And what is that?”

“Make Tiffany fall for you, teach her to love another person once again, teach her to love you. Make her to let go of me.”

“You are crazy,” Taeyeon shook her head, “Even if that plan let just said come true, which let me say it won’t since she love you too much, her conscience as a human will not let her to let you die.”

I shook my head, “She will if there’s you stay by her side, just please…. Help her… help me.”

I kneel down in front of Taeyeon making her eyes widened in shock, if someone see me like this they won’t believe it as I never will do things like this in the first place, my pride is to high but I don’t care anymore. If this can help Tiffany and makes her live her life once again like she used to do I will do it. In fact, I will do anything for her.

“What are you doing?!”

“Please…” I begged.

There’s a minute of silence before I heard a sighed from Taeyeon, “You will never leave me if I say no to this, huh?”

“No.”

“And you will keep doing this?”

“If it makes you help me, I will do this every day.”

“….I will try to help you then.” Taeyeon said and that makes me quickly averted my eyes from the floor towards Taeyeon chocolate eyes.

“Really?!”

“I will help you but that’s not mean I can promise you that your plan will go as smooth as you think.”

“Thank you, thank you for this… really…” I said softly.

“…You’re welcome.”