Our Marriage (우리의 결혼)

Arranged

“Good morning , ma’am” a female bowed to another female as she entered her office , “Morning Hyeran , tell me now” Jihye said to her and her secretary told her all of her schedule for that day. “That’s all , ma’am” Hyeran said and Jihye send her off before said “Thank you”. She sighed , “Uhm , Hyeran , can you re-schedule my meetings ? I need to meet Dr.Ahn , for a couple hours. And , get me my sleeping pills too. Yes , thank you” she ended her call.

Woo Jihye or now known as Kim Jihye was a CEO at a big multinational company also a designer for her own clothing line. She was married to another heir or now a CEO , Kim Myungsoo. They were schoolmates before but he’s a very popular boy , meanwhile she’s only another regular student. But , their marriage was arranged by their parents. It wasn’t based on love. And Myungsoo is a womanizer , he never treated her like his own wife. That’s why Jihye always had a meeting with the famous psychiatrist, Dr.Ahn.

Jihye was always left alone in the house , she and Myungsoo slept in the different rooms. But every night , she spend her nightime hearing moans and groans from his room. She spend her two years of marriage with pills and medicines to calmed her down. If not , she may have died suffering.

“So , what happened Mrs.Kim ?” Dr.Ahn asked her , she sighed. “I need more of my medicine , it didn’t work on me anymore” she said , “Really ? Xanax has been your medicine for 3 years , does the dose didn’t make it ?” Dr.Ahn asked her and she nodded. “My anxiety getting worst and I can’t sleep at night more than 3 hours” Jihye said. Dr.Ahn nodded and wrote it down for her medical record.

“So what time do you sleep and wake up ? Every day ?” Dr.Ahn asked her again , “I sleep at 4 in the morning and wake up at 6” she said. He furrowed his brows , “Tow hours per day ? Do that enough for you ? For your daily acitivites ? No sign of fatigue , sleepy during your day or anything else like that ?”  he asked her again. “Yes , I did, But I always shrugged it off and continue my work” she said.

“Well, I’m sure Jihye-ssi , you’re a strong woman. But you need more sleep so your immune system wouldn’t get ruined. You may can passed this all , but your body doesn’t. I’ll prescripted you your medicines” Dr.Ahn said and they ended their session. It’s already dark and it’s time for her to go home.

---

“Oh my gosh , calm down little boy!” a voice can be heard from the front door , Jihye turned her attention from her computer. She knew who it was , “Come on , let’s go to my bedroom baby ....” Myungsoo’s voice can be heard as he and his girl. Jihye sighed and took off her glasses , rubbing her temple.

A couple minutes later , she could heard things she always hear for every night for two years staright. She took out her pills and ate her medicines , “I should make the pain go away” she whispered to herself and went downstairs. There she found her maid since she was a little and the closest person she ever met beside her family , Mrs.Park.

“Miss , what’s wrong ?” Mrs.Park asked her as she took a glass of milk from the fridge , “I’m alright , I’m .... just great” she said and the older female sighed. “Do you need anything or ...?” Mrs.Park asked her again. She completely understand Jihye’s feelings. “No , I’m fine thank you” Jihye said again , “You can find me in my room , miss” Mrs.Park said as she excused herself and Jihye nodded.

‘I don’t want to hear it again .... I don’t want to hear it again ....’ she thought to herself , “AAHH!!!” she could heard that even from downstairs. Jihye closed her eyes and cried , again.

---

“How about your wife ? She’s home , right ?” the girl beside him asked , Myungsoo furrowed his brows. “Let’s not think about her now ....” he said and the girl just nodded. Myungsoo just smirked while thinking about Jihye.

---