| let's fight often |

▌SOME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                                                     

-------------------------

"YAHH!!! I told you not to say it!" Youngji shot up from her seat, intrupting Jackson from saying more. There was a bustling among the roommates as they looked from Youngji to Jackson and then back again.

"Wait, why?" Jackson had a bewildered expression on but smiled after realizing the chaos brought foward by his words. 

"Is it true? That you really are Youngji's childhood friend?" Seho inquired. Everyone leaned foward, their mouths slightly agaped. 

"You weren't supposed to tell anyone yet!" Youngji grumbled, a little under her breath. 

"So it is true. How old were you guys then?" Seho grinned at the surprising discovery as he nudged the other members. They both looked excited as well. 

Youngji wasn't, however. It was news as unexpected and as big as this, that Youngji had wished would never center around her. It hasn't even been a month since she debuted and all Youngji wanted was for all the misunderstandings around her to be cleared. Got7's Jackson reported to being her childhood friend would only add more flame to the fire. What she needed was a fresh start which she had hoped to get from being in Roommate. But already, it looks like her plans have been crushed. 

"C-can we not film this?" Youngji pleaded to no one in particular. 

Suddenly, the main producer, who had been observing from the kitchen, sprinted over and began clapping his hands. "Guys, come in!" 

The members stared in shock as the staff members, who were apparently out in the backyard, rushed indoors. Their arms were wrapped around around expensive camera equipment. 

"Close the cameras!" The PD waved the papers in his hands around, signaling the crew to close the surrounding cameras propped around the room. 

"Wait, what's going on? I feel like I'm on Running Man again." Gukjoo's eyes followed one staff member as he rushed to close a camcorder closeby. 

Youngji, who's mouth had been wide open due to the abrupt events, could only stare in awe. Is this how variety shows run?

"No wonder. I noticed you guys outside and was wondering what you were doing not coming inside. So you guys just come in whenever we don't want to film something?" Joonhyung stood up to the better observe the movement going on around him. 

"Sorry for the interruption, but I heard Youngji wished for Jackson's words to be cutted out and I can't help but agree with her. I believe it's a little too...sudden for the first episode." 

"Ah right, this is just only the first episode. And aren't you two rookies?" An amused Sunny tillted her head upwards as she began to laugh.

"Yeah, Jackson, you shouldn't have said that." Dongwook agreed with the PD as he nodded. 

"Wait why? Are you guys doing this to me because I'm from Hong Kong?" Jackson was still confused as Dongwook got up to help walk Jackson back to his seat. "Is it because I'm a foreigner?"

"No, Jackson. We just care about your image. You guys heard. I'm sure Youngji wouldn't want scandals about her after her recent struggles to even debut successfully." Seho explained as he pointed to Youngji, who was bobbing her head with everyone else. 

"I thought you would understand more than us since you were her childhood friend," Joonhyung chipped in, nudging Jackson a little. 

"Just know that it would be one big mess for us staff to clean up too if a scandal was to happen. But I am well aware you two are pretty new to variety." The PD glanced at the two young idols before addressing everyone else. 

"If you don't remember me from our interviews, my name is Park Sanghyuk and I am the producer of the show. I am again, deeply sorry for the interruption." He bowed. 

Everyone slowly began applauding as they eyed the neatly dressed man with rimless glasses. Seho cheered the loudest, having been close with him from the previous season. When his belly started to be exposed under his shirt, Dongwook couldn't help but laugh at his buddy's entertaining actions. The tension from earlier seemed to have died down as everyone noticed and laughed as well. Their eyes then turned to face Sanghyuk once more. 

"If you couldn't already tell, it will be mostly these situated cameras that will record your actions within this house. The cameramen will only follow you whenever you head outdoors to do other activites. There are no directors in this show as you guys will be controlling your own actions. You are also the ones to tell me what new exciting events you want to do that day and I will make sure to carry them out as best as I can. Does everyone understand?" 

There was a unison of yeses echoing around the room. Finally, everyone was back in the mood as they all started to smile again and ponder about the thrilling events that awaits them on this new show. 

"Great. I hope to work well with you guys as we continue to bond and become a family. The editing team will cut out what Jackson said later so you guys can just continue from where you left off. We will be out of your way until then." Sanghyuk waited for the cameramen to turn the cameras back on before ushering them out through the front door. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter