Chapter 5 - Good to See U Again

U GOT(7) Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson is trying not to move too much.

But even if he try so hard to stay still, he couldn't keep his heart from pounding harder inside his chest, he just hoping his beating heart won't distract the girl who fall asleep in his arms right now. 

He browse his palm alongside her left arm once in a while, hoping that it can give her warmth, just in case the blanket around her can't do it function.  

Suddenly, she move and start fidgeting which make him stop his hand mid-air, thought that his has wake her somehow. But, he turn to stiff because instead of waking up, she move her left arm unconsciously and put it around him. He hold his breathe when her movement has also make her face closer to his neck, moreoever when she take a long sigh and her breathe sweep his neck in certain ways, before she's continue her sleep.

This is so wrong in so many level, thought Jackson as he close his eyes and try to keep his sense intact. But, I couldn't careless right now, because I never thought I will meet her again like this after so long, moreover, when she magically end up in my arms. He move his hand from mid-air and try to pat her back, trying to lul her again while carefully not to let her ponytail stuck on his ring.

Long is the key point here. They might be just met a month or so ago, but it's been a while since they really talk and say more than just hi, heck, it's even longer since they both bickering, but once they do talk, just like today, they talk and bicker like they always been and despite his effort to keep his hand away from her, conscious or unconscious, he's end up touch her eitherway. All those talking and bickering are make him feel as if they never grew apart in the first place.

It make him wonder, what would it feel if they both remain close since then. Will they remain as close friend? Or will he able to tell her what he feel? And what will her answer if he tell her his feeling? and bunch of other questions that start to make his head hurts. 

He realize one reason among others that make them grew apart though. Apparently, when he asked whether she still have the same phone number and showed it to her, she told him that she already changed them, shortly after their finished their stint, that's why he couldn't get in touch with her, although at first, he was wondering why she didn't reply to one of his messages but as time goes by, he just kinda let it go and don't think about it much, beside, he was intended to suppress and try to get rid of his feeling for her anyway, thinking that it will going to be hindrance and make him lose his focus. At least, that what he thought back then, but right now, he's start to believe that those feeling he tried to get rid in the first place, didn't go as far as he wanted.

Youngji herself didn't really tell him the reason why she change her phone number beside a "personal reason" as an excuse, but he didn't push her to tell him specifically because she look little bit reluctant and don't want to tell him more than she already did, beside, he got her new phone number anyway, which she type herself on his phone. So much for trying to get rid of it, huh, Wang Jackson! said some voice in his mind, but he ignore.

Jackson bit his lips and try not to smile when he remember a little gesture she make nonchalantly when lean on to take a glance at his phone, and that unconscious small gesture of hers which give more impact to him than anything else. She done it before, during their stints, she sometimes make a small touch on his arms or give him a simple high five or touched his shoulders when she gave him massage or just swept her fingers on his cheek just to put a coal stain on it and a lot of other small things. Call it all those small gesture of her a habit or it's a common, but he want to believe that she just can't keep her hands away from him. 

Truthfully, he afraid to find out how much his true feeling revealed today, especially, during their latest session earlier, but after thinking sometimes, he conclude that he don't really regret it, instead, he feel relieved somehow, as if this photoshoot is give him an opportunity to release everything without being suspected, because he can always hide behind the words "It's a job requirement" or "it's the photographer's demand" and people won't be speculate.

Well, at least people who don't know his feeling, and sadly, it will including the girl in his arm right now.

He take a sigh, as his mind divided between waking her up or just waiting for her to wake up herself, but before he decided anything, he hear footsteps coming closer to where they were and a moment later, he can see Minami noona who walking toward them.

"Is she still sleeping?" asked Minami noona slowly.

"Nde (Yes), noona, I think so," answer Jackson as he bow down his head to take a glance on her peaceful face. "Is the photoshoot over, noona?" continued him as he look back to see noona.

"Well, not really," said Minami as she walk closer to the couch where her models still cuddling together since she leave them alone. "I still have some idea for both of you, but I want to do it outside," continued her as she stop near the couch and can't help to think how natural they both are around each other, despite the fact that Kayee try to "deny" how he feel about her earlier, but in their latest session he seems just .... let it go. And his pictures are the proof of it, thought Minami in her mind. and eventhough all his pictures are presentable, I wonder if his agency will allow me to publish any of it when they saw it. 

"Outside?" asked Jackson as he little bit surprise. "You mean in the snow?"

"Yeah, sort of," said her again. "Can you wake her for me? I need to do the shoot before I miss my sunlight." continued Minami as she start to think that maybe the photoshoot session with her either be too boring or too relax because its the nth her models sleep during her sessions.  

"Okay, I'll try to wake her," answer Jackson agree. 

"Keure? Jal butae-ge (Is that so, I'll depend on you then)," said noona before she continue. "I'll tell Younhi or Jisun to wait for her on her waiting room then, since she have to wear new outfit." 

"Okay, noona," said Jackson as he nod his head, but then he remember something and call noona back before she's walk farther. "Ah, jamsinman-yo (wait a minute), noona,"

Minami noona turn around again to look at him, "Can you give her something.... longer?" said him carefully. "I mean.... since we will do the next shooting outdoor,.... I just thought... the short pants.... kinda..."

"That's why I want her to change her outfit, didn't I?" said noona as she read his mind although he didn't complete his setence. "Although I know you like staring at her legs, I won't let her wearing only one layer outside, won't I?" continued noona as she raise one of her eyebrows, emphasize something obvious.

"Mouragu-yo (What) ... Noona, I'm not staring her legs," said Jackson as he little bit startled with her Minami accusation.

"Eyyy~, geotjimal hajima, tta pa-sseo (stop lying, I see everything)," said noona as she don't waiting for his respond and just turn around. "Come to the next room after she wake up, and I'll show you the look of your own face."

"Eh? Wha...what kind of look? Noona?" Jackson trying to call noona, but he's afraid that his voice will wake her so he end up whispering "loudly". "Noona? Noona??" but noona seems didn't hear him, or perhaps she refuse to respond, which is not her first time doing that to him by the way, in the end, Jackson just sigh hopelessly and watching noona until she's disappear in the corner.

I swear she must have hate me, thought Jackson in his mind. I never know how to get noona's good side for these past years. 

But he don't have time to think about that, because just like noona said, the sun is start to set down and if he don't want to make noona miss the sunlight, he need to hurry and wake her.

But how? 

Jackson clear his throat and wait for few seconds before he bow down his head a little and say, "Youngji..."

He's waiting and see whether she hear his voice but after he notice her constant breathe, he realize that she didn't hear him.

He decide to move closer and wake her up once again, "Youngji-ah..." said him carefully. "Ireona... (Wake up)...."

Jackson bit his lips when she still didn't respond and try to move little bit closer to her ear, hoping that this time she will hear him. "Heo Youngji..." whispered him right to her left ear. "Yaa~, Youngji-ah...." continued him again as he increase his voice a little bit, just little bit. 

Apparently, his voice succeed to reach her as he can feel her head start to fidgeting, Jackson didn't see when Youngji suddenly turn her face to the left a little and make his lips "touch" her cheek vaguely, he raise his head and move away in surprise, as he waiting whether she realize what just happen.

But Youngji just take a long sigh and exhaling little bit loudly as she mumbling, "Ngg~."

Jackson try to bow down and see whether she has open her eyes without get his face closer, afraid that another "accident" may occur. "Yaa, Heo Youngji..." called Jackson when she realize that she still didn't open her eyes although she seems wake up already. "Ireona... (wake up), we still have another session."

"Ng..wha..re.. u.. ng..." muttered her unclear which make him furrowed because didn't understand.

"Youngji! Heo Youngji?" said Jackson as he try to find a way on how he's going to make her wake, and decide to try a soft way as he raise his left hand which still in her back and move it to reach back of her neck. At first, he just give a feather-kind of touch before he start to massage her neck in slow motion, hoping that he won't use the hard way to wake her, the kind of she usually did when she wake him actually, shouting.

"Ngg," muttering her again as he can see she frown and look little bit annoyed for being disturb. "What?"

"Wake up," said him slowly. "We still have one session to do," continued him as he continued to massage back of her neck constantly.

"What... session...?" asked her sound confused but the way how she squirming her head emphasize that his massage is start to give her joy, despite the fact that she still half-sleep.

"You know.. our photoshoot session.." answer Jackson as he hynotized on the way she move while closing her eyes and amazed to himself that his finger have the ability to do so. 

But then, he can feel her flinch and next thing he know, she's stop fidgeting. He have to stop his finger from massaging her neck when he realize that her body start to turn stiff. 

Jackson titled his head a little while he try to figure out why she stiff all of sudden when she slowly swifted her body and move away. 

At first, when Jackson notice that she was cold, Youngji can't help to feel the warmth inside herself, realize that he is the same thoughtful and gentle person as he always been. He make her more relax and be her natural self just like how she was back then, that's why it's feel logic for her to lean on to his shoulder to peek on his phone when he ask her about her phone number. Until he start to wrap his arm around her which make her little bit fluster, but then she remember he said that he done all those things for the sake of their photographer and the photoshoot, which make her annoyed and little bit furious. 

It make her change her strategy and start to hynotize herself, pretend that the man beside her is her boyfriend, just how she always do when she want to fall deeper into her character in drama. So, she put her guard down and loosen up, bare herself to the man she did not intend to, just to get even.

But the comfort of his arms turns out more than she expected, moreover when he shifted to make her "closer" just to give the warmth she need. So, after she gave him her new phone number, she start to mutter about how tired and how sleepy she was, hoping to close her eyes just for few seconds, which he supported right away as he move even closer so that she can lean on more comfy on his shoulder. 

She remember closing her eyes and promise to herself that she will totally wake up exactly in 15 minutes, until his sway her and make her head fuzzy and fall deeper, Youngji try to fight the sleepiness which start to attack her conscious but in the end she lose the battle as his heart beat lull her in certain ways and make her give in.

That's the last thing she remember.

Then, someone call her name.

She didn't remember what kind of dream she have, maybe she didn't dream at all.

But she do remember hear some weird buzzing in her dream, like hearing someone talking but she's don't understand what they say. She don't pay too much attention to it as the sleepiness still creeping inside her head, but then, she hear a whisper.

At first, she didn't hear it and thinking that she's still dreaming because the voice sound so far away. There's a pause before she hear the whisper again and this time she can hear it more clearly, moreover when she feel that the voice sound familiar to her ear. 

"Heo Youngji...." 

Youngji little bit startled when she recognize the voice right away, well, if you live "together" for almost one year and half, you will recognize too, moreover when he have very disctinctive voice, that even when you close your eyes you can picture him in your mind whenever you hear his voice. But what is he doing in my dream? thought her confused.

"Yaa, Youngji-ah..." 

"Wake up... we still have a session...." 

What session? asked Youngji to herself among the cloudiness in her own head. What is he talking about? 

But then someone touch her neck and give her a soft massage as continue whispering her name. "Youngji.... Heo Youngji...."

What? as she answering the voice. Stop calling me with that voice!!!

"..... our photoshoot session...."

And then she turn to frozen when all of the things before she fall asleep comes back like a flood. 

She don't remember that they both still in the middle of photoshoot, heck, she totally forgot that she's still "cuddling" inside his arms, and even worse, make herself vulnerable and fall asleep. 

Youngji hold her breathe as she slowly open her eyes, hoping that she's wrong and found herself in her bed at Kara's dorm, but she know her wish shattered when she feel a firm yet warm body against her cheek, in addition, she can hear Jackson's heart beat which now sound like drums in her ear. Youngji swallowed and turn to pale as she found that she put her arm around him, almost like she hugging him.

She slowly straightened her head and move her face away from his firm body and almost at the same time, start to draw back her arm around him as she try to figure out how could this happen and how is she going to see him in the eyes or if she could even see him in the eyes. Youngji can feel the stiffness in entire of her body emphasize how tense this situation for her. 

As she move away herself from the warmth of his arms, Youngji still avoid to see Jackson, afraid to found out his reaction although knowing his character and personality, there's higher possibility that he won't make this a big deal, so she kinda hoping he will act casual as he always be. 

But when she finally raise her eyes to see him, Jackson is already staring at her with his black eyes, really staring at her.

Youngji startled and push her body away from him quickly as if springs are grow inside her arms all of sudden, but she miscalculate her own power and didn't see that she push herself toward the edge of the couch. Youngji gasped as she began to lose the balance and try to reach something to hold her from falling out from the couch when suddenly Jackson move fast and hold her by her back right before she bumping to the floor. 

There's a silence hanging in the air for a while, as they both staring at each other in weird position. 

She is literally hanging in the air and judging by the warmth in her back, Jackson's palm is probably the only thing that support her. Youngji probably put her arms around his neck unconsciously which make things more awkward, moreover when she realize that Jackson is bend over and end up "on top" of her. She widened her eyes and blink several times before turn her eyes to see elsewhere and try not think how his breathe sweep her face or how intense his gaze or how firm is.....

"What do you think your doing?" asked him all of sudden which make her eyes back to see him, moreover when she hear a muffled sound in his voice, as if he ask her while gritting his teeth.

"Wha..... I don't...." 

"I thought you were sleeping?" asked him slowly as he squinted his eyes and look suspicious.

"I am!" answer Youngji quick as she don't like the accusation in his voice. "Well... I was!" continued her again. 

"So why are you wake up like that? Are you having a bad dream or what?" asked him again as he now furrowed his thick eyebrows emphasize deep confusion. Youngji didn't know what to think about the situation she's got into nor try questioning on how this uncomfortable position seems didn't bother him or how come he ask her casually while they're like this.

"No, I don't....," Youngji stop herself from answering his question, because she start to feel sore at back of her neck, the result of trying to lift her head straight because Jackson's hand only manage to hold her back. "Look... can you pull me up before we talk, my neck's hurt..."

Jackson squinted once again, as if he need to think about it, what is he need to think? asked Youngji to herself. He just have to pull me up, its simple! "No," answer him to her surprise. "You have to answer me first, why you jumping from your sleep like that and then, I lifted you up."

"Wha... your joking, right?" asked her as she disbelieve they have this conversation, but then, something cross in her mind and make her squinted her eyes and look at him with speculation. "You don't have to continue the acting, okay," said her plainly. "I don't see unnie anymore, so I'm guess she's done taking our pictures." continued her almost coldly.

Jackson furrowed, "What are you talking about?" asked him as he don't understand what Youngji trying to say.

"I mean you can stop pretending, you can turn back to be... you again," answered Youngji as she try to find the right words to make him stop acting like this, like what he called for the sake of their "pictures" because now they're through with it. 

"What make you think I'm pretending?" asked him in deep voice, she almost sure she hear bitterness in his voice as if he feel hurt by her words. "You don't know what my feeling is."

She blink and fall to silent when realize that he indeed look little bit upset, but she couldn't understand why would he feel that way because she simply just stated something that he was said earlier. "You said earlier that you just act like this because of unnie, right? Now unnie is gone so you can stop it," said Youngji as she disbelieve that she have to explain her words to him while all she want to get up from this position before the stiffness in her neck become more aches.

To her astonishment, he fail to see the struggle she have to endure for continue hanging onto his neck despite the fact that his arms are support most of her weight. "You're right," said him as he nod his head and admit that he did say what he say. "I did say that."

"Look, my neck is really hurt right now, so why don't you pull me up first," said Youngji as she try to grab hem of his shirt and pull herself up.

"Wait, you still not answering my question," said him as he refuse to help her straightened her body and just look at her with curiousity written all over his black eyes.

"Yaa, Wang Jackson! You better pull me right now or..."

"Or what?"

Youngji move fast as she tightened her grips around his neck and pull herself up before Jackson realize what she's doing. "...or I do it myself," continued her as she don't have a choice beside hugging his neck and little bit push him until he's back lean against the couch, in order for her to get up.

Just like how it start, it end in matter of seconds, As soon as she manage to straightened her body from those weird position, she quickly lowering down both of her arms from around his neck and pull her legs from under the blanket before she steps onto the floor. She stand up and realize that Jackson is stunned, it almost feels like he didn't expect that she will do what she did earlier. She can't help to smile when she notice how weird his face is as if she manage to make him dumbfounded, moreover when she notice that his still have his left arm open wide and hanging in the mid-air, as if he still "carry" her unconsciously.

"You said about new session? What session? I thought we have finish already?" asked Youngji as she little bit bombarded him with question, in order to cover up the nervousness she feel herself. 

"She want to go outside," answer Jackson as he look still in trance. "You have to change clothes." said him as he continued answering her like a "robot".

Youngji try to absorb what he said and realize that the "outside" he talk about means snow, and if they're going to have session outside, she definitely need to change. "Ah... okay," said her as she start to step backwards and start to feel awkward under his continuous staring. "I better change my clothes," continued her as she sound mumbling.

"Yeah... you better... change...." answer him as he nod his head and watching her move away as she take more steps backwards.

Youngji swallowed and try to find something to say, but the awkwardness between them is thickened, moreover, when he keep his eyes on her like that. She don't have a choice to turn around and "run" from there, trying to ignore the possibility that his hawk eyes will keep staring at her. 

Jackson release his holding breathe as soon as she disappear in the corner, lowering his hand down when he realize that he still have it hanging in the air. He lean his back against the couch as he take a long sigh and try to trace back what just happen because judging from how fast it happened, he barely remember.

He was surprise when she suddenly wake up and move away from him as if he was something she want to avoid, but his body move on its own when he realize she about to slip and fall to the floor. He notice now that he was holding her in the most strange way and little bit provocative to her taste, but he didn't realize at that time because he more worried on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter