Chapter 4 - The Beginning of Storm

U GOT(7) Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you two looking at?" said someone from behind her which make Youngji turn around. 

"Ah, nde..." but she fall to silent as she don't really know what to say, she turn to ask for help to the man beside her just to find he himself still in trance, look all stiff, while his eyes fixated to the huge thing that they're been staring at. "Jackson!" whispered her to get his attention. 

"Huh? Wha.." mumbling him without make his eyes divert from the thing.

"Minami unnie is here," whispered her again as she give him notification. 

Jackson who is half drown on his own thought, turn to see her as soon as he digest what she just said, he glance at her just for a seconds before he turn to see the photographer who is still waiting for an answer from them while furrowed her eyebrows. "Noona," said Jackson as he swallowed. "Igeu... bwoe-yo (What.... is this)?" asked Jackson as he unconsciously raise his left hand and point out the bed with his index finger. 

"Is a bed," answer Minami as her eyebrows wrinkle deeper and stated the obvious. "Can't you tell?" 

"Yes, I know it's a bed," said Jackson half shouting as he look impatient, while on the other hand the photographer look so calm, too calm actually, as if she expected that he will act like this. "But.. what for?"  asked him again and try to hold his nervousness which start pilling up. He didn't even try to glance to the girl beside him, afraid that she will notice how fluster he is to this situation. 

"What else do you think it's for? For you to sleep on it, of course!!!" said Minami as she sound impatient herself to his silliness. "Come," said her again as she raise both of her hands to push both this young couple toward the new set, before Kayee manage to say something stupid again. "I'll exlpain what I wanna you to do,"  continued her as she bring both of them more to step inside the set.

Jackson and Youngji don't really have choice, since the photographer has push them to walk more toward the new set and of course, the bed. They step awkwardly into it and stop in the middle, just to find themselves in surprise even more. 

He realize that apparently, the bed is not the only thing placed on the new set. While they were put the bed against the fake window sill from previous set, they were also put minimalist-like of all-white kitchen set on his far right, complete with its small rectangular dinner table with two white chairs which placed face to face on each opposite sides. In between the bed and the kitchen set, right below the painting, he thought he saw two-seats couch, which look cozy and of course, white.

White!! shout Jackson in his mind. Everything is white!!  continued him as he sweep his eyes around the set once again. 

He try to find something not white among the things that being placed on this new set and found a splash of red and black on the painting which he saw earlier. At least, the small vase on the dining table is not white, thought Jackson as he try to decide whether the vase is torquoise or just simply blue, before he give up. 

"Ja (Okay)," said Minami noona which make him focus back to her before he realize that noona has standing beside him on his left side and make him little bit startled. "I want you to lay yourself down on the bed," continued noona as she point out the bed. "You can pretend that you're sleeping or something."

"Okay," exclaim Jackson but he don't move right away toward the bed, as he waiting for noona to drop the bomb, like tell Youngji the same order or some sort. 

Instead of say something more, noona just stood there and watching, as if she also in waiting mode. "Eh? Do you want me to lay down now?"

"You think I want you to do it tomorrow?"  said noona as she widened her eyes as if he just act foolishly. "Of course now, right now!"

Jackson smile shyly and scratch back of his head as he start taking a step toward the bed hesitately. He soon realize as soon as he's step closer to the bed, it isn't as wide as he expected, but not that small as a single size neither, just quite enough for two-peoples to squeeze themselves there without crushing each other, not that I'm thinking about it, said Jackson in his mind before he make himself sit down on the edge of the bed. It take few seconds for him to decide before he force himself to move and start lean his head onto the white-fluffy pillow and raise both of his feet onto the bed. He was staring at the wide-hall ceiling when the softness of the bed hit his back in certain way and make him sigh comfortably, as he realize that it's been a while for him to feel this luxury.

Maybe, because he's too comfortable or maybe, because he feel it's been ages since he sleep, okay, not counting the time he fell asleep on the snow earlier, Jackson start to feel relax and kinda sleepy, he need to half-force his eyes to stay open and it make him rolled his eyes several times. He blinked several times, he even try to glare at the ceiling above him, hoping it could help to get rid his tiredness, but it didn't as succeed as he assume it will be.

In the end he turn his face to his audiences, try to make his mind busy and less bored by put his focus on them. Apparently, both Minami noona and Youngji didn't notice that he already laying down because both of them looks engaged in some sort of conversation that he couldn't hear . 

"...keure-so (so), how about you get changed and return here right away," as he heard their half conversation which he barely understood. He watched as Youngji affirmed her answer and nod her head before she turn around and start to walk away, Jackson's eyes follow her until the swings of her ponytail disappear in the corner. 

Jackson straightened his body and sit down from his lying position as he turn to confuse. "Where is she go?" asked Jackson which make Minami noona turn around and notice that he has laying on the bed, just like she order him to.

"I want her to change her outfit," answer noona as she move and take few steps closer to him. "Yaa, Jackson, lie yourself inside the blanket, not on top of it!!" continued her as soon as she saw and realize that her dongsaeng was lay on top of the blanket.

"Oh? Okay," answer Jackson as he get up from the bed and stand up just to realize that he indeed has lied down on top of the blanket which he thought just a fluffly sheet-cover bed. He raise his hand and about to unveil the blanket when noona stop him. 

"Wait, Jackson-ah," said noona which make him turn to see the photographer and found her sweep her eyes up and down to his body. "Before you lay down, take off your sweater first." 

"Huh? Why?" 

"There's nobody looks neat and tidy like this when they just got out from bed," said noona as she throw sense to him while she waiting for him to take sweater off which he did right away. "And take out your shirt from your pants. Hmm... and one or two and....." while Jackson follow her order by two of his shirt top-buttons, noona continued to sweep her eyes until she raise his eyes to his hair.

Before Jackson realize her intention, Minami noona already take a step closer and raise both of her hands as she browse it through his hair and start to "re-arrange" his neat hairdo. 

"Ouch, noona, what are you doing?" shout Jackson more to his surprise. 

"Well, no body get up with a combed hair, not in my pictures," answer noona as she lowering her hands and observe the result of her "masterpiece" . "Okay, that's more likely." 

"What is?" said Jackson as move his hands to take off his sweater and give it to noona. "I feel like hurricane just come and swept my hair." 

"Oh, don't be such a baby, Jackson," said noona as she dismiss his nag and turn around, but then Jackson realize something. 

"Wait, why you calling me Jackson again?" asked Jackson as he little bit shout the question, but noona just waving one of her hand as an answer before she herself disappear in the corner, leaving him on the new set alone. 

"Ckk," tsked Jackson as he raise one of his hand to his own hair and try to fix the mess that noona just did, before he's take a seat on the edge of the bed again, waiting. 

One minute

Two minutes 

And then three minutes passed by and no one seems in hurry to return to this new set nor their realize that he still here. Little bit bored and sleepy, Jackson decide to lay his body on the bed once again, beside, he's supposedly act like he just waking up, so why not do some real act along the way. Nowadays, he almost feel like a good and nice sleep become rare, even for him.

I'm just going to close my eyes, just for few minutes, said him to himself as he's start to cover himself with the white-fluffy blanket before he close his eyes. Ah~, this is heaven, continued him as he take a long sigh and start to more relax as he's fall into deep sleep slowly, he didn't realize that he drown deeper than he thought, just like what happen in the snow early this morning. 

That's how Youngji found him. 

She just got back from her own waiting room after changing her outfit. Although she thought that she was changed in the most quickest way, she didn't realize that it take more than 10 minutes for her to change her clothes and tidy up her ponytail before she's rush back to the hall, little bit worried that everyone might impatient because she's taking her time too long. 

But she confused when she don't find anyone, literally, not even Minami unnie which she thought will be here, waiting for her. Youngji walk hesitately and sweep her eyes around the new set but she can't even hear a voice, much less, find an one soul. Where is everyone? asked Youngji as she look completely puzzled, it's her first time encounter this kind of situation, ever. I mean, since when a photoshoot can be this quiet? asked Youngji again more to herself. If I don't know this is photoshoot session, I probably would think someone has pull hidden camera on me, continued her as she step more inside to the new set and start to sweep her eyes around the set. 

Youngji freeze when the corner of her eyes capture something in her left side, just before she sweep through the kitchen sets. It make her reverse her swept movement, she probably move little bit too fast because her ponytail is swings little bit too outrages. She turn and look for the thing that catches her attention earlier before her eyes found the source on the bed and get stunned. At first glance, she notice that the bed was placed against the fake window sill while the light still shine brightly from behind it, but what make her stunned is not the bed anymore, but to find him already lay his body on the bed, and didn't moved.

She stand on her place for the next few seconds, don't know what to do and trying to figure out what should she do, wake him up or waiting for someone to come and wake him up, but as the silence continue creeping out, she's realize that no one will come any time soon. I should wake him, said Youngji slowly as she take few steps closer until she's stop right beside the bed and watch him sleeping. Before he sleep too deep and too difficult to be waking up.

But as soon as she look at his sleeping figure, Youngji stop and forget that she have to wake him up, as she realize that it's been a while since the last time she saw his sleeping face, she was caught him off guard like this for several times during their stint, but every time she found him, she always have this urge to distrub his sleep and annoy him by waking him up, because she found it amusing to see this happy go-lucky person goes irritated sometimes, and of course, the half-part it's because she want to take revenge because he also do that to her occasionally. But today, too really look at him like this, without ulterior motive to annoy nor disturb him, its her first time.

This situation is give her the privilege to explore his feature more. She wondering how much of his fangirls will thrill if they're in her place. Maybe, they will fascinated, thought her as she bit her lips and squeeze the edge of her big-size white shirt. I know I will, well, I am right now.

He surely don't look mischievous and dork when sleeping like this, told Youngji in her own head as she little bit bend over toward him, to observe his feature more carefully. She can hear his constant ups and downs breathe as she get closer, realize that despite how peaceful he seems, he still look tired. He really look exhausted, said her concerned as she sweep her eyes to his face. Well, judging from his pack schedule, I will wonder if he doesn't.

"Jackson," whispered Youngji as she try to check whether he can hear her or not, but apparently he really get into deep sleep and fail to hear her voice. It's somehow brace her up, just enough to get herself shifted closer, she realize that this opportunity is as rare as it gets and she may as well just divulge herself into it. I'm just going to wake him up, convinced her to herself. I'm just going to....

Youngji stop when her eyes caught up with the view in front of her, she didn't realize she stop talking to herself, heck, she even stop thinking. She lean her body more and make her ponytail drop to one side of her shoulder as she realize something, I didn't realize how long his eyelashes are, said her curious, she furrowed and her eyes unconsciously focus solely to Jackson's eyelashes. I never really look at it before, continued her as she shifted and in the end sit herself down on the edge of the bed, so she can analyze him more further. 

Jackson sleep so peacefully, he didn't even feel when the bed start jiggling softly because she put her weight on it. His face is little bit tilted to the left, give her a good view to his jaw and his side profile. His mouth is slightly open and because of the brightness of the light from the fake window, she can see how wet..... 

No, don't go there!!! shout someone in her head. Don't you even dare!!! continued the voice as her eyes fixated on his slight wet lips. It takes her 5 seconds, five d*mn long seconds, which feel more like 5 minutes bytheway, before she force her eyes to turn away from there, but she end up noticing the line of his nose, formed in sharp and manly shape, and by tilting to the side, it make the line more evident.

Youngji raise her right hand unconsciously and before she realize, she already placed her index finger to the curvature in between his eyes. Youngji take her time as she sliding her finger in feather-touch along the line of his nose just to know how firm it feel and how can he look so.....

She stop her finger just in time and pull her hand quickly as if she just touched something hot, she swallowed when realize that she almost touch his upper lips. 

This is ridiculous! said Youngji to herself. What is got into you, Heo Youngji???? Jungshin charyeo (Pull yourself together)!!!!

However, before she manage scolding herself even more, Jackson is frown and start to delirious softly as if something in his sleep has bother him, it make him move little bit restlessly.

"Ng," muttered him in his sleep as he suddenly turn his face to the right and give Youngji more view of his entire facial feature, but then after a long sigh, he's back to his peaceful sleep and the wrinkle on his forehead is back to normal. With this a new view, it has give her pretty good access to explore more as she sweep her eyes to every part of his face. His eyelashes is indeed longer than she expected to find on a man, moreover, someone has give him an eyeliner which give a firm impression to his close eyes. His red hair become more red under this bright light and make him look different than before, as if hair color can given such impact to someone, well, maybe that's why the Company always ask me to change my hair color everytime we have comeback, thought Youngji. To give different images everytime. She realize that during these past years, she no longer can count on how many time her hair is changing with the last one being blonde.

This time, Youngji deliberately raise her right hand as she touch his red hair out of curiousity. Jackson is rarely have his hair color change this drastically, he probably once or twice let them change into dark brown or dark blue but never this bright and definitely not this red. Well, not that I know all his hair color changing, said her in her own head. I'm just.. come accross his pictures, once or twice, or maybe more... on the web. I'm not search his name... particularly.

Her eyes move down to his eyes and realize the slight dark circle which she fail to see earlier, the tired sign is camouflage in between his long eyelashes and maybe some make up, this is photoshoot afterall, he probably have to put some. She move her hand from his red hair and touch the side of his face softly with the palm of her hand, while she browse her thumb vaguely to his dark circle, try confirming her suspicion. He look vulnerable and defenseless, thought her as she sigh and keep her thumb unknowingly. Watching him like this, he probably didn't get himself enough good sleep, let alone a good rest. 

Well, having this bed here turns out not bad at all, said her as she smile softly as she remember how surprise she was when she first saw this bed earlier, not to mention his shocked expression, as if someone just pull his soul out of him. At the very least, he use it as its function, sleeping on it.

Youngji is too drown in her own thought and perhaps little bit caught up finding him this relax that she fail to see the slight tremble in his eyelashes as Jackson start to awake from his sleep.

At first, he didn't feel it.

But it keep him in this feather-like touch and gives him tickling kind of feel, moreover when he start to feel warm only at one side of his face. Jackson frown slightly before he open his eyes in slow motion. 

Youngji was too late to pull out her palm from his cheek when she realize that Jackson is waking up, she turn to stiff when saw how his eyelashes flutter little bit before it open. He turn to see her direction as soon as he open his eyes as if he notice her right away or maybe because of her shadow or her obvious presence or sort of, eitherway, it doesn't change the fact that she just make herself get into awkward situation as she still have her palm on his cheek and she miss the moment to pull it out. 

And to it worse, she have to hold her breathe when Jackson's left hand raise all of sudden and cover her hand which still stuck on his face, and just like its the natural thing to do, he browse her hand and hold it softly as if he trying to keep her hand there. She don't have a choice beside watching him when he close his eyes and take a deep sigh before he open his eyes again and look at her, really look at her. 

"Youngji?" said him with his signature voice which sound hoarse a little bit, but like the good friend she is, she always can distinguished his voice with others.

"Nde (Yes)," whispered her as she try to sound as natural as she could. "You fell asleep, you look tired, did you get some sleep lately?" continued her, didn't realize that Jackson can feel her concern in her voice. 

"Not really," said him as he take another sigh and close his eyes as he suddenly feel warm to hear her affection. "I slept this morning though, just don't remember how long. Ah... I'm so sleepy," muttered him vaguely, Jackson must still in daze for awake so suddenly because the hand that "captured" her's start to relax and move away before it's fall on the the side of his body. 

"Well, how about sleep some more," said Youngji as she pull her hand from his face quickly, well, little too quick apparently because it make him open his eyes once again and staring at her. "Since everyone seems not coming back yet, I think it'll be alright," continued her as she smile awkwardly. 

He fall to silent and keep staring as if he never look at her before this, his gaze has make her nervous in such a way and give a strange vibe, the vibe she don't want to explore. 

Jackson himself is actually surprise to wake up and found her face "on top" of him, moreover the warmth he felt earlier turns out to be her palm which him, but she did it as if she done it million times before and it's natural for her to do so, that's alone enough to make him flutter which sometimes make him hate her, for giving him such an effect to him, but he also can't help to dissapointed when she pull out her hand from his face and take away the warmth and leaving side of his face a sudden cold. 

Jackson is about to say something when he hear someone coughing, which make both of them startled and turn their faces to the source.

They both found Minami standing outside the setting, just few steps away, Youngji is the first to realize the camera in her hand and thought that they will finally start the next photo session, but before she manage to shift and stand up from sitting on the bed, Minami unnie said something surprising, "I think we have enough good pictures, so why don't both of you move to the kitchen set and we can continue there."

They both taken by surprise to what Minami just said, but different from Youngji who turn all stiff, Jackson get up and lean on one of his arm to look at the photographer properly. "What you mean by good pictures? Are you just... taking our pictures? Just now?"

"Hm-mm," said Minami as she nod and turn her focus to her camera as if she analyzing the pictures result that she take earlier. 

"Unnie, did you... " the girl stop for a seconds as if she hesitate which make Minami turn her eyes away from her camera to look at her. "Since when did you..." 

"Ge-oui.. cheo-eum buteo (Almost... from the beginning)," answer Minami calmly as if she already know what the girl what to ask her.

Well, it's the truth anyway. She just went for a while to put Jackson's sweater somewhere to be pick up by Younhi or Jisun later and check on her nikon when she heard someone enter the hall. She turn around just to find the girl standing in the middle of the set, looking all dazed. She was about to get close and start the photoshoot as she bring the camera with her when she notice something.

The girl look stunned to see something and when Minami turn to find out what it is that this girl have been staring at, she saw Kayee. Somehow, in between she left him alone and now, he lied himself down on the bed and fell asleep, although she feel that she don't left that long, Kayee seems drown into deep sleep and oblivous with his surrounding, let alone notice someone has been staring at him.

Minami didn't manage to analyze much about it when the girl start to take few steps forward and move closer toward the bed until she stop beside it.

Minami widened her eyes when she saw the girl's eyes changing. As someone who read people's gesture and body language as daily job, Minami develop certain skill that can help her do what she best do, taking pictures and telling a story through it. For the most people she's been working with, she always have to give them certain instructions and dig their inner self more deeply so she can capture their true feeling, just like what happen at the first sessions, but watching how her face changed to more softened and look at Kayee with longing, make her struck and unconsciously move her hand to raise her nikon to her eyes, as she don't want to lose those precious expression, the expression that she have to squeeze from the girl earlier. 

Getting everyone to move out to the other room and give them more privacy is a good idea afterall, thought Minami as she "attack" the button on her nikon in nth/second, afraid that she will miss captured something. I know Kayee will be more relax that way, but I didn't expect her to be natural as well, perhaps Kayee is already "half-way" there but he just didn't realize it yet.

"Unnie, are you start the shooting already?" said someone through the earpiece on her left ear.

"Hmm," mumbling her as an answer and refuse to be distracted from what in front of her as she keep taking pictures. 

"But.... you look like taking the same pictures over and over again," said the voice from the other line as its sound confused.

"I'll pick the best from all of it later, Younhi-ya," muttered Minami to her assistant as she try speak as soft as possible, so the couple in front of her won't hear a thing. "Now, would you shut it, coz I need to concentrate," continued her.

Younhi who speak from the other line sigh and seems didn't bother with the harsh comment of her boss, because she used to it and know that her boss do mean no harm. "Algeusseo-yo, unnie."

And the rest is history until she cough a while ago, to let them know her presence. 

"Cheo... cheo-eumbuteo ragu-yo (From... from the beginning)?" said the girl as she stuttered which makes Kayee turn his eyes to her, look all curious and try to read the situation but in the end he still don't know what make Youngji sound this nervous and her cheeks become redden. "But... but I thought you were not here, because I couldn't find anyone when I got back," continued Youngji confused. 

"Ah, I was just behind there, it's little bit hidden, that's why you probably didn't see me," explained Minami as she still focus on the result of their pictures on her camera, since she take a lot of it, she need more time to select them. "Well, why don't you stand up and get to the kitchen set? Pretend that you cooking or something," continued her as she little bit give an order tone to the girl. 

"Ah, nde, algesseumnida (yes, I understand)," answer Youngji as she stand up from the bed little bit too fast and walk toward the kitchen set. Jackson who still lean on his arms, get his body up completely as he uncover the blanket around him, but before he manage to steps on the floor, noona stop him. 

"Wait, Kayee-ah," said noona which make him turn to see her. "Can you lie down for a while," continued her as she move closer to the bed as she bring the nikon to her eyes and see Jackson through it. 

"Okay," answer the man as he follow her order and lie himself down to the bed and cover his body with the blanket.

"Now, I want you look at Youngji from here, can you do that?" asked Minami slowly which followed once again by him. 

"Just look at her? Of course I can do that," said him as he swifted to the side, make himself comfortable before lean on his head on his palm while looking at the kitchen set which placed at his left side. Minami catch a glimpse of smirk in the corner of his lips as he staring at the girl who she believe still standing on the kitchen set, but she don't know what the girl is doing because she want to focus on his expression right now. 

Jackson himself didn't realize that he has put little smile on his lips, he's turn to see her on the kitchen set just to find her look confused and seems don't know what she's doing there. He watched her looking around before she decide to explore the kitchen set by open every shelfs and drawers she could find there, every move she make has make her ponytail swings all over the place. What is she looking for? asked him in his mind. Don't tell me she's hungry and looking for the real food there?

"You never talk to me about Youngji before, " said Minami noona all of sudden which make his mind back from wondering around. "What kind of girl is she?" continued noona as she throw a simple question. 

"Youngji?" said him as he bit his lips, trying to find the right words. "She's kind." continued Jackson as his eyes back to staring at her figure.

"That's it? She just kind?" said Minami as she continued to taking Jackson's picture while keep make him talking.

"Well, she's down to earth," said him with his eyes keep staring to her as he start to reminiscence the time when he interact with her during their stint. "She's so polite and still does," continued him as he remember how she greet people with 90degree's bow and how he still amaze by it. "She's cute and can be dork if she want to," said him as he chuckle when remember their cute parody over one particular song that goes viral few years back and several other moments that he couldn't count. "And she such a crybaby too sometimes..." continued Jackson as his mind start to roaming to the moment he saw her cried on national television, because of "him". He was caught off guard by the presence of his long-waited mother that he missed so much and fail to see his surrounding that day, and he just notice it when it's aired few weeks later. Jackson admit that he too overwhelmed that night and the feeling linger long after his parents return to their hotel, when he thought that no one would notice his hiding place until he could contain himself from the feeling, she found him. He didn't intended to let anyone know that he still trying to digest what happen when she saw his tears, but instead mocking him he didn't expect that she will open her arms and console him in silent, give him the warmth that he need. 

"Isn't she beautiful?" said Minami as she captured an affection and how much fondness he is toward the g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter