Chapter 2

Stupid Love

 

NaRi

 

The cold wind of the afternoon kept blowing my hair gently while i inspected the envelope. I was about to open it when i heard steps from the stairs. I looked at the figure that made those steps. It was bora. Her hair is all messy and she had her hoodie on while she rubs her eyes. She looks at me and stopped for a moment.

 

" nari-yah.. " she mumbled. I laughed a little and made a 'what' face to her. She finally came down the stairs " wheres my umma ? " she said while stretching out. 

 

" shes at the kitchen. She's cooking for dinner " i said while putting the envelope down.

 

" kids ! Dinner !! " i heard ahjumma yelled from the kitchen.

 

Bora took my hand and lead me to the dining room. All three of us sat down to eat. U guys must be thinking ' wheres the dad ? ' . Well, bora's daddy is always busy with his own company. Soyou unnie is working with him. But soyou is in america while his dad is in france.

 

" thanks for the meal~ " we said and eat up.

 

" ill be washing the dishes " i stood up, finished eating. I ate a lot actually.

 

" its okay i can do it " bora said while standing up.

 

" we could always do it together " ahjumma smiled. So we splitted up the duties. Ahjumma has to wipe the table, bora has to collect to dishes and im washing them.

 

Ahjumma then came near me " whats in the envelope ? " she asked curiously. " eh ? Oh.. i didnt open it yet " i answered.

" what envelope ? " bora asked cheerfully making me startled.

 

" the present her parents asked me to pass to her. Its been years " ahjumma answered making bora said 'ohhh' for a long time.

" we should read it together " i said, smiling and done with the dishes. Both of them nodded at once.

 

All of us got onto the couch where the envelope is. I was freaking wet and the cold wind kept coming so i decided to close the windows. I walked up to them again and hold on to the envelope. I looked at ahjumma " do u wanna read it first ? " i asked.

 

" oh no. Its a present from ure parents to you. So u should be doing the honors " she said.

So i opened the envelope and there was a letter. I widened my eyes to see umma's handwrite. It feels good to see it again

 

Dear Nari my dear,

By the time ure reading this, we are not on earth anymore. But please know that we are always watching for you from above. The reason we wrote this letter is because we inherited something to you. U will find it on the top shelf of the mini library.

Love, mom and dad

 

I turn to look at ahjumma. She said she didnt know that theres something there since she dosent use the mimi library so much. Bora turned to me and looked and smiled " dont cry " she said.

 

Without me noticing, my eyes, cheek and nose were red and my cheeks were all wet. I chuckled a little and wiped my tears and sniffles. 

 

" u should search for it " ahjumma said. I nod and stood up. " can i help ? " bora asked excitedly. " yes " i answered. A simple word to make bora squeal out of excitement. Bora trailed along with me until we arrived at the front if the door. Bora opened the door and gasped. 

 

" woaaahhh !! So many books ! " bora said excitedly as i chuckled. 

 

" yup. Its like a heaven made for me " i said. She always knows that i have an obsession with books. So she knows what i meant.

 

I climbed the stairs to make it to the top bookshelf. There was something bright so i decided to pull the thing out. It was a file. The file had my name on it in hangul. 

 

" look what i got ! " i said while coming down from the stairs, disturbing bora on her search. She tilted her head and asked what is it. " its the thing my mom talked about. Stupid " i said jokingly earning a pout from bora. 

 

Both of us got in our room and opened it. I gasped a little to see a bankbook with my name on it. There are also some files that stated that i owned a house in seoul. Im just looking at the file when suddenly the door creaked open. It was ahjumma.

 

" what is it ? " she asked.

 

" i will have to move out " i said and smiled.

 

" oh.. then u will be leaving me alone huh ? " bora said, pouting.

 

" NOOOO !! u should come with me. She will be my responsibility now " i said, hugging bora. Shes like a sister to me so i wont leave her. Ahjumma just smiled while patting me. " okay. Keep her safe. If theres something happening and u couldnt handle it, u can always come here " ahjumma said smiling.

 

" we should move out tomorrow " i smiled and they agreed.

-----------------------------

i got up early in the morning with my luggage and bora's . We will be going ti the place at 10. I told my dad's friend about it and he has set everything. Dad's friend is the person i have to call according to the letter my parents left me. He says that somebody will pick us up.

 

" bora yah.. " i said sleepily, shaking bora's body. She just mumbled. " yah wake up. Its almost 10 ! " i said with worried voice. Without hesitation bora stood up and looked at me with a shocking face. She turned around to see the clock. Its just 9.30.

 

Bora

 

I turned around to see the clock and its just 9.30 . I wanted to go to sleep but when im awake like this, i cant really sleep. I hit Nari on her hand " ure so meannn " i pouted a little.

 

Nari just laughed her off and said that we should be preparing to go to the new house. So i stood up and took the clothes we picked up. Its rather simple. Mine was a miniskirt with a plain white shirt. Nari's was a pair of short pants and sweatshirt thats too big for her.

 

Time passes and before i knew it we were in the car. The car was really expensive. Even nari's jaws dropped. When we pass by the roads, all eyes were on our car. 

 

Nari

 

I really couldnt imagine that my parents was rich. I really didnt remember. My jaws dropped again when i saw the house my daddy passed to me. It was so large ! Both of us took a step into the house. Bora screamed with excitement and said " this is like kim tan's house in america ! Oh my gosh " .

 

She was right. it was a little the same. But it was a little fancier. There was a swimming pool and the living room was large. On the second floor, there were 4 bedrooms and 2 empty rooms for our own use. They was also a dance studio and a recording studio. I know its weird. But yeah. All of the things we needed is prepared. My parents also had us two maids and a driver. 

 

It was so crazy and i felt like it was a dream. Suddenly i heard bora called my name from the dance studio. I climbed the stairs to the dance studio and found her lying on the floor, spacing out. She was probably thinking about jeguk highschool that we enrolled. Both of us didnt believe it was real but since we get to enroll there, it must be true.

 

" its a new start for us " she smiled. " we need to go shopping ! And get new hairstyles. Look at ure hair. Its too long. The length is pass ure " 

 

Okay i do agree with her because we need clothes. But my hair isnt that long. I pouted and ran my finger down my hair and it got stuck. Oh well.. i have to cut. " fine " i huffed.

 

" what should we take ? Our driver ? Taxi ? Or should we walk ? " bora said " we should walk. We barely even know this place " she added.

 

Aish this girl really talk much " okay. Get my coat will u . Its freezing out there " i ordered her. She got up and gave me her coat.

 

We went out to walk and took pictures as we walk. The scenery was so breathtaking. We arrived at a saloon. Both of us was seated separately. Then a man came near me. 

 

" so how do u want to cut it ? " the man asked warmly.

 

" just cut it until the length is under my shoulder. And do repair it if u think its for the good of my hair " i said. Probably awkwardly and with broken korean all the place.

 

" okay " the man said.

 

He washed my hair and cut it while the both of us had a long conversation. I learned much about him. Hes name is luhan and hes a chinese. It has been 7 years since he came to korea and hes 18 years old just like me. He also studies at jeguk and he said that he has 11 more friends thats similar to him.

 

Bora left me alone after were done shopping. Well she insisted that i should come with her but i rather walk than taking a car. Because the night wind was so refreshing !

 

I got to a bus stop near my house because somebody was calling me. Before i could answer it, my necklace fell and i was about to take it when i heard a loud car horn. 

 

Somebody took me by the hand and hugged me tight to prevent me from the car. After the figure did so, it left. I wonder who is he ? Judging from the walk, its someone i know but since its really dark, i couldnt see who it was. I just yelled out " thank you " without knowing that he heard it or not.

 

_______________________________________________________________________