Chapter 1

Stupid Love

NaRi 

 

' ure stupid ' thats the last word i heard from taehyung. Hes sort of a jerk but i kinda like him. Hes really just my friend. Me, bora and taehyung was friends since we were 5 . But now that im 18, its just me and bora. Taehyung moved to korea when we were 14.

 

--flashback--

 

" What ?! Ure leaving already ?! " clinging on taehyung's hand. I cried. Taehyung wasnt that pleased with my actions.

 

" ure humiliating me ! " he yelled snapping his hand infront of my face. 

 

" whats wrong with u ?! We were friends since 5 and ure a jerk since were 10 ! " with teary eyes, i blurted out. Everyone at the scene has eyes on us but i didnt care. 

 

" ure embarassing. And ure a nerd. Get out of the way " he said coldly while pushing me. I almost fell when suddemly bora catched me. Bora went close to taehyung and slapped him.

 

" ure not a nice friend u know ? " bora said with a calm voice.

 

" tch. Whatever. " he then looked at me " ure stupid " and walked away.

 

--end of flashback--

I was looking at the sky when suddenly a figure get near me and hugged me from the back. 

 

" jagiyaaa~~ " the voice said.

 

I chuckled at these actions and looked at the person.

 

" yah ! Babo yaaa~.. people would think were lesbians ! " i said to her.. bora, my bestfriend. She pouted while looking at me. I just laughed. Then suddenly bora's sister came.

 

" ah. Soyou unnie " she smiled.

 

" ah. Hello. Hey NaRi. " Soyou smiled and handed us tickets. We looked at those tickets with puzzeled face and took it. I then read the destination ' korea ' .

 

" OMG WERE GOING BACK TO OUR HOMETOWN ?! " i sounded more excited than ever. Bora and Soyou laughed at my actions.

 

" are u coming with us ? " bora looked at her sister. Soyou shook her head. " nope " was the word came out from . i felt pretty bad because all these years, ive been staying at her place since my parents died. 

 

" ull be staying at my mother's . She said she has a present for you " soyou said. I just smiled. " u will be going tomorrow " she added.

 

I widen my eyes and was shocked " what ?! Ure serious ? "

 

Soyou chuckled " yep. U should start packing "

 

Bora suddenly interupts " why arent u coming ? "

 

soyou look at her sister with disbelief painted on her face " dont u remember ? I run a business here " she said while poking bora.

 

" oh yeah " bora said smiling while scratching her head. " we should go now. And pack ! " bora added and looked at me.

 

" okay ! " i smiled

----------------------------------------------------------

I yawned as i get into soyou's car. Yesterday, our whole day was spent on packing our luggages to go to korea. Soyou looked at me and laughed " did u get too excited and didnt sleep ? " 

 

I rubbed my eyes gently and looked at her " yah... who dosent get excited if they get to go to their own hometown for the FIRST TIME " i said with a sleepy voice. 

 

" u should sleep " bora patted my head and smiled. I looked at her and grabbed my unicorn plushie, laynicorn and hugged it. hey dont judge me. I can be as childish as i want. Then i let myself off to dream land.

 

I was dreaming of my parents. Then suddenly a voice woke me up. Gently. " NaRi yahh~~ " i opened my eyes to find soyou with sunglasses. " were at the airport silly. Come on u might miss ure flight " 

 

I looked at my watch and realized that they only got 30 more minutes before the airplane took off. I jumped up and took ure luggages and laynicorn. Bora also took her luggages.

 

Before entering the gateway to korea, i hugged soyou and said our goobyes. It wasn't an emotional goodbye. None of us cried.

 

We entered our plane and took our sit. With sleepy eyes, i began to sleep again. Leaving bora watching ' the inheritors ' marathon.

 

Hours been flying with me sleeping on the plane. Suddenly i felt somebody tapping me on the shoulder. It was a light tap so i didnt bother to open my eyes since im lazy. Then the person before started to poke my cheek. It was fine at first but it didnt stop so i got up.

 

" i thought that ure dead already " bora said with a cheeky voice. I just looked at her with dull eyes. " dude. 30mins before our landing. Its a good thing ure awake. Or i might call the cops and thought ure dead " she said jokingly.

 

I stretched out and looked out of the window. I yawned a few times and looked at bora. She was listening to her ipod using her earphone. " didnt u sleep " i asked. But she didnt reply. 

 

I yanked out her earphone. " what the hell ?! " she blurted. Everyone is looking at us. " sorry " i stood up and apologized. " i asked didnt u sleep ? " 

 

She took her earphone back and looked at me while hitting me lightly. " dont do that againnn ! " she said. " and i didnt sleep bcuz im busy watching my marathon " she answered simply.

 

We are now exiting the plane and waiting for bora's mommy, my aunt to pick me up. we seated ourselves on a long bench and started gossiping about k-idols. Suddenly we heard a voice coming from a car " bora-yah ! Nari-yah ! " 

 

Both of us turned to the direction of the car and saw a woman came out. I recognized her looks, she is my aunt. The last time we saw her was the time she visited our place at america. Bora stands up and run to hug her.

 

" ummmaaaa !!! I miss u so so so so muchh ! " bora said, still hugging.

 

" i missed u too ! " aunty said and pulled me to a group hug. Her grip was so strong for a women who's in her 30's. 

 

" i miss u ahjumma!! But pls im dying here.. i... need... to... BREAAATHEEE " i said desperately moving. 

 

She laughed and let us go from her grip. Bora looked at me " aiiish. Ure hair is messy " she said and fixed my hair. " thanks " i laughed. 

 

" where are we off to ? " i asked. Still puzzled. 

 

Bora chuckled " gangnam.. "

 

Ohh.. so they live in gangnam. I never knew that. Without any further questions, both of us placed our luggage in the car and they drove off. The journey to gangnam was full of us gossiping non-stop. 

 

A few minutes later, we arrived and brought our luggage inside. Since we didnt care about anything else than our clothes, we just brought one luggage. 

 

We got into one room and let ourselves drop on the sofa. I was about to sleep again but i remembered that soyou unnie said her mom has present for me. I wanted to ask bora to accompany me to ask her mother but when i looked at bora, she was asleep. I didnt want to wake her up because she didnt slept at the airplane.

 

I searched for my aunt and found her cooking, in the kitchen. I came in the kitchen and tapped her shoulder lightly. " umm ahjumma " 

 

She turns to look at me and smiled " yes ? Does anything bother u ? " 

 

" well.. soyou unnie said u have a present for me ? " 

 

" present ? Present ? Present... " she took a second to refresh her mind " ohhh.. go and get it . Its on the second floor. Go into the mini library with the white door. U will find a desk with drawers. Open the second drawer. Ure present is the only thing in there " she smiled.

 

" uh. Okay. Thank you " i let out an exhausted smile and bowed. i stepped out of the kitchen and climbed the stairs. I searched for the white door. It was though finding it since this house is kinda large. Finally i found it and opened the door. The place was like a heaven full of books. I really love it. 

 

' Wow this is why they called me a nerd ' i whispered to myself. I walked for awhile then spotted the desk ahjumma told me. I opened the second drawer to find an envelope. Huh ?

 

I brought the envelope to the living room. I looked at the envelope and suspected that it was old. On the envelope, there was my parent's name. what is this ???

 

_________________________________________________________________________________