chapter 5

Prince (not so) charming

 

Minho looked at the mirror, his reflection hadn't smiled at him, his tailor fixed few last things in his blue royal suit when his personal assistant walked in and announced his parents arrival, he nodded briefly before they walked in with huge smiles.

"You look lovely" his mother complimented while his father just nodded as approval.

The tailor finished his work and he turned to his parent "shall we go?"

They all made their way to the foyer where his match waited for him, the day has come like a death penalty.

A month has passed by and Minho pushed his weird feelings for Taemin aside, he forgave himself for hurting the boy with his harsh words, he was probably happy now with a man he loves, his heart must have been healed.

Stopping at the doors that lead to the foyer his parents looked at him with high hopes, he knew he needs to be charming, after all if the match will work and they'll get married the kingdom would be wealthy again.

"He's a good boy, his family well known, it would look good in the eyes of the kingdom" his mother said and his cheek.

"He?" Minho asked, his eyes widened, his parents knew he was on both sides but no one said anything about getting married with a man. He glanced at his father who remained silent.

"Go inside, meet you match, make it happen" his mother said and she and the king have left him alone.

Minho watched them, his heart pounded fast in his ears, suddenly he didn’t cared about the kingdom wealth, he wanted to run away. Marriage with someone wasn’t an option for him anymore, it won't be a submissive girl who he can control of, it would be man and that would be harder for him to live as he planned after the wedding.

"…I don’t want to…" soft sobs echoed through the big wooden doors, it caught Minho's attention, his thoughts trailed off.

"Please…Umma…"

Was it his match? He got closer and placed his ear on the door.

"I've changed…Appa…I kept my promises…"    

He could hear his match struggling, his feet stamped the ground and he was being dragged.   

"Why are you doing this to me?" the voice cracked "Appa…please" more cries.

Suddenly Minho froze, he heard a big whoosh and a loudly sob followed it before a harsh tone hissed "that's enough! I had enough of your behavior, you ashamed me. It's not for your decision, your match is waiting for you and if you'll sabotage it…" the words trailed off and Minho could imagine all the physical gestures that came along with those words. Doors slammed and a muffle sobs have been heard, Minho's heart caught in his throat, his match didn’t want to get married as well, it left him confused.

Slowly, he opened the wooden doors and saw a young boy sitting on the floor with his back to him, his body curled and his face in his palms, he was wearing white and it stressed out his small figure, his spine was shown through the fabric clearly.

Minho walked in and closed the door behind him with a small click sound, it made his match jump and turn to look at him.

Both stared at each other for what seems to be eternity, Minho was the first to recover from his shock "Taemin?" he asked confused as he took few steps toward the boy.

Taemin looked at him as he kneeled by his side and held his shoulders, he looked like he had seen a ghost.

"You're my match…?" Minho mumbled can't believe it was real, he reached his hand to wipe the boy's tears away, his cheek was red from the slap he probably got seconds ago, it made his heart squeeze in his chest.

Taemin shifted, frowning he looked at Minho "you're a prince…?" his voice was small, full with…disappointment "you never said…"

"What was I supposed to say?" Minho was the one to frown now "hi, I'm the prince, let's ?"

The word '' made Taemin stiffening, it sounded so cheap in his ears even if that what they have done few weeks ago at the inn.

"You never said you're getting married" Taemin accused him.

"Neither do you!" Minho shot back, getting a little angry for being attacked.

"I ran away from home so I won't have to get married…" Taemin's voice cracked and the tears sprang to his eyes again "…and now…" his lower lips trembled and he started to pant "now…I'm…going, with you…"

Minho felt like someone kicked him in the guts, 'with you' sounded like an insult from Taemin's mouth, was he bad? Oh, yes, he was- telling him it was just and he shouldn’t be attached, nobody likes needy boys were his exact words.

"Taemin…" he said regretfully.

"…I don’t want to get married, especially not with you" Taemin cried and buried his head back at his palms.

A part of Minho wanted to hold the boy and apologize to him, while the other part wanted to slap him hard and teach him how to speak to his soon to be husband.

"Well, you don’t have any choice" he said after a long moment "we are getting married in a week, rather you or me like it"

With those words he got back to his feet and left Taemin to cry alone in the foyer.

Well, good for him, he charmed his match.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After that day at the palace Taemin wasn’t the same, his smile hadn't came back on his face. after Minho left him at the foyer he heard his parents talking with the king and the queen about the arrangement of their wedding, he felt like he was a piece of meat that had been sold at the market. He met the king and the queen an hour later, they looked at him pitifully, they knew he was crying his red puffy eyes made it clear but it didn’t changed his manners as he thanked them for their kindness by taking him into their family. His father was proud of him that moment and he wished he could smile for making his father proud but the pain in his chest didn’t let him.

On their ride back to the mansion Taemin was quiet, he looked outside the carriage while his parents talked about his future, he was willing to throw himself under the horses and finish his life right here right now.

"Turn around please…" the tailor ripped him from his thoughts, he looked at him before he did as been told, his wedding suit was almost ready for the big day.

It was dark blue colored with golden decorations, his parents said his soon to be husband chose those colors for him, he said it would stress his eyes. Taemin hated the suit just for that, even if it did looked beautiful on him.

When his tailor was gone his mother came into his room "it is all ready for tomorrow" she said cheerily and Temin tried to smile at her, she got closer to him and kissed his top before she left him alone for another sleepless night like many he had for the passing week.

 

 

Taemin gave up on his sleep long before the dawn, his mother walked into his room to awake him for his big day, she found him curled in his bed staring outside the big window.

"Taemin" she said quietly and ripped him from his endless thoughts, he turned to meet her smiling face "it's time to get up, we have a long road"

Taemin turned his head back to the pillow and nodded, his stomach trembled and he felt sick, his body was too heavy to get up.

Today, more than ever he wished his butler to be by his side, he needed a friend who would listen to him, advise him and tell him things would be just fine.

Shaking, he got out of bed, dragging his feet toward his bathroom where he did a cold freezing shower that felt like hundreds of needles on his skin. Before he wrapped a towel around his body he stared at himself in the mirror, his hand roamed on his skin and he imagined it were Minho's hands, he remembered clearly how his body craved for that touch, he didn’t felt that now. Making a bitter face Taemin covered his body and got out of the bathroom.

His wedding suit was already on his bed and his body moved mechanically as he wore it. The color did stressed his eyes, made them clear and bright, the fabric hugged his small figure perfectly and he looked beautiful.

Not long after he got dressed his mother walked into his room to brush his hair, she smiled lovingly at him as she mumbled how handsome he was, Taemin wished one of the maids would have come here instead of her so she won't have to see the tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Now now…" she said as she wiped his eyes "I know you are afraid…but marriage is not the end of the world"

Taemin looked at her smile "Umma…please, I don’t want to get married" he said desperately knowing nothing could save him now.

"Taemin, please don’t start all over again, you're a big boy. Your husband will be the prince, a nice fine man, he'll treat you good and respect you, I believe you'll fall in love with him with no time"

Small hiccup escaped Taemin's lips as he tried to calm himself, his mother smiled at him and cupped his cheeks in between her palms before her expression changed and she became serious "…tonight would be a special night for you, the prince will have you in his room, as his husband it's your obligation to make anything for his satisfaction"

Taemin nodded, if she only knew that the prince already enjoyed his body weeks ago she would probably freak.

"… It would be a little uncomfortable at first but it would change with time, the prince would learn how to touch-"

"Umma…" Taemin said quietly and cut her explanations about his wedding night "can we not talk about it?" 

"It's a natural thing, don’t be embarrassed" she said smiling "but I understand your feelings"

Taemin smiled at her weakly and she kept brushing his hair, they remained silent after that.

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The whole kingdom was decorated for the wedding, Taemin watched outside his carriage and sighed before he sat back to the comfy bench.

His parents were in another carriage so he had a quiet ride, he managed not to cry anymore and even fell asleep for a while.

Now after they stopped and made their way into the palace Taemin took a shaky breath and promised himself that things would be just fine.

At the foyer the king and the queen were waiting for their arrival, they greeted them formally before they left Taemin alone, Minho was late.

Walking around the foyer, Taemin glanced at the window, the gardens were beautiful and a lot of people were there to arrange their wedding.

"Taemin…" deep voice echoed around the foyer and he turned to see Minho standing by the wooden doors.

He sighed and waited as his soon to be husband came toward him, his wedding suit was white with red decorations, he never noticed how tall Minho was, or his y walk, his hair framed his face and it gave him a playful look.

Standing inches from him he smiled "you look really beautiful, I'm happy to see that my choice of color was the right for you"

"Thank you, you look beautiful too" Taemin replied quietly, his head down, he really meant it if to be honest but his tone didn’t proved anything.

"The ceremony won't be any time soon, not all of our guests has arrived"

Taemin nodded.

"I was thinking, maybe would you like to join me for a breakfast?"

"I'm not hungry, thank you"

Minho sighed, he placed two fingers underneath the boy's chin and made him look at him "I know we started on the wrong foot but…we're getting married and I would like us to get along with each other"

Taemin looked deeply into his eyes and nodded weakly, he wasn’t sure if he wanted to cooperate with Minho, he was still hurt and mad.

However he was surprised when Minho tapped a small kiss on his lips "if you'll feel hungry, you're welcomed to join me at the dining room" he said and walked away slowly.

Taemin's heart pounded wildly against the cage of his ribs as he watched his soon to be husband walking away, he considered following him when a maid walked into the foyer and announced him that the king and the queen wants his presence at the gardens so he could meet the family and guests. He followed her instead, guess breakfast could wait, he wasn’t hungry anyway.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I do" Minho said as he slid the ring on Taemin's finger, the boy's hand was stiff in his hand, he looked pale and cold sweat covered his collar.

"…would you Taemin, take Minho to be your lawfully wedded husband, promise to love and cherish, through joy and sorrow, sickness and health and whatever challenges you may face, for long as you both shall live?"

Taemin glanced at the crowd of important guests and then at his parents, they looked worried for his answer, so is the king and the queen- like they all waited for him to do something stupid, he turned his look back to Minho who smiled at him calmly and gulped as he said quietly "I-I do" his voice trembled.

Taemin couldn’t hear the rest of the ceremony over the rush of blood in his ears, his hand shook as he took the ring and tried to put it on Minho's finger, he helped him by holding his hand and it soothingly before he pushed his finger through the ring by himself. Taemin looked at him, his chocolate eyes were unreadable, Minho kept holding his hand and circles on his palms, it sent shivers to his body and he hated himself for letting his touch affect him.

Minho took a step toward him and cupped his cheeks in his palms before his mouth pressed against him. It was like someone took out a plug from his ears, Taemin heard applauding when a soft tongue invaded his mouth with a gentle kiss, he reached his hands and held Minho's arms tightly like he was afraid of falling and let out a soft moan, his eyes shut and for a moment sadness didn’t held his body.

When they separated he opened his eyes and saw Minho smiling at him, his hands slid from his cheeks and fumbled for his hands to hold, he guided him as they made their way from the altar to the crowd of guests.  

It was long and tiring thanking all of their guests, Minho didn’t seems to mind, he held his hand through the whole time and shot smiles all over the place.

When it was over Minho left Taemin alone with his parents, he watched the boy in a deep breath and waving goodbye at them, when their carriage left he stood there numb.

Truly, Minho felt a little sorry for his new husband, he wished Taemin wouldn’t see him as a monster, he liked him and to be honest when he found out he is his match his heart fluttered. Making his way toward him, he held his shoulders, the boy jumped spooked and turned to look at him with teary eyes, for a moment he looked like he was thinking about push him away from him but instead he turned his head back to the road his parents took and sighed. Minho leaned his head to the crook of his neck, his mouth close to his ear, making his stiffening by creating an intimacy he didn’t knew "Taemin…please don’t cry. Let's go inside, you haven’t been eaten all day and you should get some rest too, it's been a long day for us"

Taemin was too tired to argue when his husband held his hand and pulled him into the palace.

 

 

 

Dinner with Minho made him loose his guards or maybe it was just his tiredness, he wasn’t sure, it was…romantic, it made him worried he was being too needy because he enjoyed his attention, Minho's words echoed in his mind 'no one loves needy boys'.  

When they finished dinner he toured him around the palace "it’s your new home" he said holding his hand as they walked through the rooms, Taemin's eyes looked at their entwined hands most of the time, was that ok? Did he even loved it?

"Where is my room?" he asked suddenly making Minho frown like it was a stupid question to ask.

"With me of course"    

Taemin's eyes bulged, no one said anything about sharing a room with Minho.

"It would be good for us" Minho said with a soft smile, usually it wasn’t acceptable, even his parent the king and the queen didn’t shared a room but Minho wanted to be close to him, to hold him in his arms through the night just like that one time at the inn, hopefully it would drew them closer. 

Taemin remained silently as he followed Minho into 'their room', it had a huge bed in the middle and wooden dressers by each side, a sofa stood by the window and few comfort chairs where gathered around, their privet bathroom and closet were both huge.

"Do you need me to call a maid to help you with your bath?" he asked as he got closer to him, his hands ed his wedding suit slowly.

Taemin raised his gaze at him, shiver went through his spine as his husband slid the cape over his shoulders, his body craved to be touch but his brain brought him back to reality, that man didn’t loved him, he just used his body, those marriage weren’t real.    

"I can bath myself" he answered quietly and took a step back from his greedy hands.  

"You have now maids, butlers and personal assistants to do things for you" Minho said and the boy shook his head making him chuckle "As you wish… go bath yourself" he said and let go of him, watching him disappearing behind the doors.

 

 

Taemin almost fell asleep at the huge tub, his body soaked with hot water and soap and he closed his eyes trying to relax. He knew that soon enough he'll get out and face his husband once again, he'll sleep at the same bed with a lie but for now he wanted to forget everything, he was so tired after many stressful days and sleepless nights, he just wanted to relax.  

When his skin wrinkled he finally got out of the water and wrapped himself with a towel, he tiptoed across the room and bumped into Minho who got some clothes for him, holding the towel tightly his eyes linked with his husband as he mumbled "Sorry"

Something flicked in Minho's eyes, it roamed on his half body, making him feel too exposed.

"I brought you some clothes" Minho said and placed the pajama on the bed "tomorrow the tailor would come to sew new wardrobe for you"

Taemin nodded, he took few steps toward the bed planning on taking the pajama but Minho's hand spread on his stomach and stopped him, he raised his gaze at him and groaned in his throat when the hand slid up his body to brush his thumb over his puffy lips, it made his stomach clench with crave.

Minho lowered his mouth over Taemin's, his hand cupped his neck and drew his small body to rest against him as his tongue tasted him slowly, savored him.

Taemin was trying to pull away but Minho wrapped his arm around him and locked him in his grip, deepening their kiss.

Making a desperate noise in his throat Taemin placed his palms over his husband's chest and pushed him, fear held his bones when he didn’t let go of him, his kiss was hungry and demanding, his teeth nibbled his lips and it hurt him "no…" he managed to cry out, his small hands created fists that hit his chest "NO!"

Minho bitten his lower lip hard before he pulled away from him, tears sprang in Taemin's eyes and a trace of blood on his lower lip. Taemin gulped and lowered his hands to hold on the towel that almost fell from his waist, terrified look on his face he was panting harshly.

Minho's face changed in some kind of moderate anger, his eyes burned him. He let go of him and made his way to the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

 

 

Minho cursed underneath his breath, he shouldn’t have hurt the boy he knew that, in the heat of the moment he lost himself into the kiss, he was angry for being rejected, no one ever rejected him and to be rejected by his husband made him even angrier. The boy was his, lawfully his! He could take his body anytime and anywhere he'll want... 

But isn’t it called if he says no? His brain asked his twitching that apparently took control of everything.

It is. But why would he say no? It's not like it's the first time, he already buried himself deep inside his …the thought about his made him groan angrily.

He took off his clothes and rang a bell, soon enough there was a knock on the door and a maid walked in, if his husband won't let him what he deserve he'll get it in another place.

 

 

After the maid satisfied him he stayed in the bath for a long hour, his body was eased but his mind not.

He got up and wrapped a towel around his waist before he got out, the room was lighted only with one candle and he was trying to adjust to the darkness.

Looking around he found Taemin curled in the bed, he was sleeping on the left side, where he liked to sleep the most, it made him smile, they were married for few hours and the boy already took control on his side of the bed. He walked to the closet and wore a pajama before he got into bed by his side, the right side.

Minho's heart clenched when he looked down at Taemin, he was freezing sleeping without the blankets, his hair was a mess that covered his eyes, his lips slightly parted, wounded because of him. He removed the strings of hair from his eyes and reached his hands to the covers, wrapping his husband tightly, his thumb softly his lower lip, the blood on it was already dry.

Taemin inhaled in his sleep, his puffy lips closed around his thumb before he shifted and changed his position turning his back to him. Feeling a little disappointed Minho brushed his hand over his back "I'm sorry" he whispered into the dark before he closed his eyes and let himself drift.