chapter 11

Prince (not so) charming

 

"Appa! Please…I don’t want to get married"   

"What's going on?" Taemin asked as he walked into the dining room for his lunch.

"Taemin Appa…" YuMin turned her father with teary eyes "tell him, please…"

"Minho, what happened?"

"I found our little daughter doing things with the stables boy!" Minho growled, explaining his husband what's going on.

"Oh, he's a good boy, good manners"

"TAE!"

"He taught me how to ride a horse!" YuMin called for her defense, trying to explain.

"You already know how to ride!!!" Minho called back, getting to his feet he slammed his fists on the table making it shake.

Taemin went by his husband's side, and his arm calmly "YuMin…go to your room, me and your Appa need to talk"

The sixteen years old girl didn’t needed to be told twice, she stormed out angrily and slammed the door behind her.

"She got your temper" Taemin said giggling, his husband gave him a deadly look and his giggles drifted.

"It's not funny Tae, that bastard her face when I caught them! If I wasn't there he would have got into her !!!"

"Give her credited, she's smarter than that, she know how to care of herself. I talked with her about safe -"

"TAE!" Minho cut him "she's not having !"

"Now, no, she's not. But one day she will and we can't stop it, rather it's with the stables boy, a stranger or her husband"  

Minho sat back in his chair and ran his hand over his face tiredly.

Taemin his hair lovingly and kissed his top, making him look at him, two big arms wrapped around his waist and pulled him to sit on his lap.

"I have too many gray hairs because of her, I want her to get married so I'll stop worried like that"

"At the age of sixteen?! I don’t think so! She's not having the same life I had!"

Minho looked hurt as he raised his hand to his husband's cheek "we managed eventually"

"After a lot of tears" Taemin said quietly, he would have live his life over and over again, he loved that man with all of his heart no matter how hard it was at first.

He was one stubborn boy but as time passed he realized he have to change for YuMin, he needed to grow up and Minho was there all along, not just helping him to raise a baby but to raise himself as well. It wasn’t easy and the road was bumpy but they made it, both swallowed their stupid pride and let their love shown.

"Are you regretting this…?" Minho asked his husband.

Taemin shook his head "no, never. I love you"

"I love you too" Minho smiled and placed his hand on Taemin's nape, pulling him to a soft kiss "what are we going to do about YuMin?" he asked when their lips separated.

"I'll talk to her…" Taemin promised "just don’t burst at her again, you know this age, her hormones…everything turning into a huge fight"

Minho chuckled and rolled his eyes "does ring a bell…I had the same problem with her father when we got married"

"And this is why she can't marry at her age…" Taemin said with a fake anger.

Minho kissed his husband once again before Taemin got up from his lap and went to talk with their daughter.

 

 

"YuMin…can I come in?" Taemin knocked on his daughter's bedroom's door, it opened and a grumpy face looked at him through a little slit.

"Can I come in sweetie?"

She looked on his sides to see if Minho was there too and when she found he wasn’t she let her father get into the room.

"…It's not like Minho Appa said! He just kissed my cheek" YuMin burst at the moment he closed the door behind him.

Taemin got closer and held her elbows, urging her to sit on the bed "can we talk without screaming at each other?" he asked softly, making his daughter mumble a small 'yes'. 

"Appa, I don’t want to get marry…" her voice cracked.

"You won't, not until you'll want to"

"But Minho Appa said-"

"So? He's saying a lot of things…"

"You won't let him force me to get married, right?"

"No…besides, Appa would never hurt you by marrying you with someone you don’t want to sweetie, Appa is just worried about you, he don’t want someone to corrupt his little girl…"

YuMin nodded understandingly and said quietly "I promise, we done nothing"

Taemin smiled and her cheek understandingly, he couldn’t judge his daughter for exploring her feelings for that boy, he was the same at her age and done worst, luckily he got married with the one who corrupted him.  

"…he asked me to go with him to the river and see the sunset"

"Like a date?" 

YuMin nodded shyly "…but I don’t know if Minho Appa would let me go now"

"He will"

"He's mad at me" she said and raised her eyes at her father.

"Just because you talked disrespectfully at him, you should apologize for that. Appa is not a monster sweetie, he won't let his daughter miss her first date"

"APPA" she called sheepishly and blushed.

Taemin laughed and draw her into a suffocating hug until she pushed him away and in a breath dramatically "you have to stop hugging me like that APPA! It's embarrassing!"

"Sorry, it's because I love so much" he said smiling "and I'm not embarrassing!"

YuMin laughed and kissed his cheek "thank you Appa..."

"Any time sweetie, now, do you want to go back to the dining room?"

She shook her head "can you help me get ready for my…date?"

Taemin tried to maintain his stupid grin as he nodded and watch his daughter walking into her closet pulling few dresses.

"I thought about the blue one, but I like the pink better, but I don’t want him to think I'm over exciting about that…"

Taemin looked like he was having a hard time to decide, he tried to guess which dress would have the smallest skin showing "take the green"

"Are you sure?" she asked and raised the forgotten green dress in her hands, she frowned at it "doesn't it too prude?"

"Ah…you said you don’t want him to think you're over exciting about that…" Taemin said with an unsure smile.

She nodded and went to her closet to wear it, when she got out her father looked at her adorably "beautiful"

"Thanks, can you brush my hair?" she asked already sitting by her dresser.

Taemin got up from the bed and got closer, he took her brush and started to comb her hair "you look like your Umma with your hair down" he said with a soft voice.

"Was she beautiful?"

Taemin smiled, it was the same old question when YuMin wanted to hear the stories about her mother "she was, from the outside and the inside. She was good and kind and she took care of me all the time"

"You were best friends" she finished for him "Appa?"

"Hmmm?"

"Do you think I'm old enough now to visit her grave?"

Eyes linked through the mirror in front of them, Taemin's hand stopped combing and he let out a small sigh, even though it's been years since Yuri's death it still ached in his heart. The first time YuMin asked about her mother was when she was only five years old, she was a smart girl and knew something was missing in her family, she tried to ask Minho who avoided talking about her mother and eventually Taemin took the job, it wasn’t easy for him because he was holding himself not to cry over his best friend. She asked to see her grave and got 'no' as an answer because of her young age, she understood it somehow but when the queen died a year later and she wasn’t allowed to go and see her grave too she burst in tears for being called young all the time, Minho never understood her obsession about that and let Taemin handle those moments, he managed somehow and it was locked away…until now.

"Appa?" YuMin called when she saw that her father was suddenly daydreaming.

"Yes…you’re old enough"

"Really?" she called excitedly and turned to face him.

"Yes…we can go tomorrow if you'd like"

"I'd love that!"

A small knock in the door caught their attention and they turned to look at it, Minho's head peeped in "can I come in?" he asked quietly.

YuMin studied her father before nodding.

At the moment Minho closed the door behind him he froze, looking at YuMin he suddenly saw the thing he couldn’t see for years- Yuri, her face flashed in front of his eyes for the first time since Taemin claimed YuMin to be his daughter, for so many years he struggled to remember her and now she was there in the form of his daughter.

"Minho?" Taemin asked, looking at his husband confused.

"Appa?" YuMin asked as well.

Minho got closer and a soft smile lingered on his face "you look exactly like…Yuri"

The girl beamed at him before she got up from the chair and hugged him tightly, her head rested on his chest, her arms circling his body "I'm sorry for talking rudely at you"

Minho smiled and arched his arms around her "sorry for not understanding, I just worried about you"

"I know"

"If that boy ever hurt you, touch you in a way you don’t want, I'll kill him with my bare hands"

She giggled and raised her head to look at him "I know Appa…"

"Good… and please, please be safe" Minho flushed a little when he said that "I know that…mmm in your age is…ahh…you want to explore your…mmm body and- "

"Are you going to have a talk?" she asked and took a step back from him "please don’t, it's embarrassing…besides Taemin Appa and I already talked about it and I know how to take care of myself"

Minho looked like he was holding his breath for too long, he crooked up a smile and tapped her shoulders "yes…good"

Both she and Taemin burst into laughter making him a little awkward.

"Appa, tomorrow we're going to Umma's grave, do you want to come with us?" YuMin asked as they calmed.

Minho looked at her sparkling eyes and then at his husband who was having a hard time straightening his gaze back at him, he never was at Yuri's grave actually, that was one of the things that he and Taemin never agreed on, for years his young husband sneaked out to visit her grave and eventually Minho stopped scolding him and fighting him for that, he let the boy do as he wished knowing this was his comfort.

"…YuMin, Appa is too busy to come, maybe some other time" Taemin said knowing his husband won't go, he didn’t wanted.

"Oh…sure" she said disappointedly.

"…we can go" Minho's voice was quiet, making Taemin look at him surprised "we could go visit Harabeoji's and Halmonie's graves too, it's been a while since I visited them"

YuMin's smile was back on her face "good! Now go so I could get ready for my date" she said and practically pushed them away from her room.

"DATE?" Minho's voice was so high it hurt Taemin's ears.

"I'll explain that at lunch…" Taemin said and held his husband's arm as he pulled him from the room.

"TAE!!!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After they eat lunch Minho finally stopped threatening about killing the stables boy if he'll touch YuMin's , Taemin smiled and got up from his chair to sit on his husband's lap, teasing him for being over protective as he kissed him passionately.

Minho wrapped one hand around his waist while the other cupped his cheek to deepen the kiss, their tongues brushed against the other fighting for domination, Taemin fisted his hands on Minho's suit and let out a soft moan, his body became hungry for his husband to touch him, he moved his little in small motion to rub against his crotch teasingly, earning a groan from him.

They separated gasping for air and Taemin rested his head over Minho's forehead panting, smiling at him.

Minho smiled back and tugged his hair behind his ear, he tapped a small kiss on his nose when Taemin suddenly raised his head from him and his smile slowly drifted.

"What happened?" he asked worriedly.

"Do you really want to come and visit Yuri's grave?"

Minho nodded slowly.

"Why?" Taemin frowned "for years you just fought me because I was going to visit the maid…why do you want to come?"

Minho gulped and his cheek lovingly "when I walked into the room and saw YuMin with her hair down I finally recognized Yuri, for years I couldn’t see her face in my mind and the way YuMin's eyes sparkled when she asked me to join you two…Tae, I'm sorry for being an idiot and letting you be lonely at the kingdom"

Taemin smiled sadly "it's all in the past…"

"If it wasn’t you, YuMin probably would have grown to be one of the maid around here…I wouldn’t have a family of my own, and…if it's important to her then it's important to me too, I'll come"

Taemin felt his heart clenching from love to that man, he hugged him tightly before

his lips fumbled for a kiss, thinking about that one stupid night he was too young for a drink at the inn "you know, you can be really charming…sometimes"

 

 


 

Hi guys!
sorry that it took too long to update the last chapter, busy busy bee.
really hope you enjoyed reading it, it was definitely the longest story I've wrote so far, feel free to comment and tell me what you thought about the plot. 
see you in my next story ^^