Hy's First Day of School

Love Is Never There For Me

Min Kyung was home that day. Watching TV in the living room when her mother came in the door. Min Kyung was going to run back to her room when she saw that she wasn't with a man. Min Kyung ran to her mother's side. Min Kyung sniffed her and flinched. Alchol. Her mother was drunk.

"Omma. You ok?" Her mother looked at her and smacked her.

"It's all your fault! It's your fault that your father died!" Her mother cried. Min Kyung looked down blinking back the tears. Her mother used her bag and started to hit Min Kyung. After a while, her mother stopped and fainted. Min Kyung was all beat up. Her wig was a mess, her left eye's corner was bruised, her lips were cut from the bag's zipper, and other bruises around her body. She didn't treat her injury and hurriedly brought her mother back to her room. She made sure her mother was ok. She fixed her injury afterwards and went to bed. At that time, she had a wierd dream.

Min Kyung was five at that time. She was laughing. A man was standing in front of her. She ran towards that man He laughed. The flowers were beautiful. Suddenly, it turned dark. The sound of the man faded. He was getting far away.

"Wait!" Min Kyung cried out. The man laughed. She remembered that laugh. Her father.

Min Kyung woke up with a start. She was sweating.

"I had that dream again. I've been having it a lot these days." She went to the bathroom. Her wig was torn. Now, she can't be Min Kyung and go to school like this. She looked into the mirror. The injury next to her left eye healed a bit last night. It wasn't very visible now. She put makeup on it and it hid the injury well. She applied some lipgloss on her lips to make sure the cuts weren't visible. Her bruises surrounding her body wasn't healed. Those were more serious than the injuries on her face. She sighed.

"Maybe I'll go to school today as Hy then."

Min Kyung called her manager to tell her she will be going to school. Her manager doesn't know that Min Kyung is Hy so she was hesitant on the idea but agreed when Min Kyung finally persuaded her. Her manager sent some people to guard her. Her fans were a bit crazy.

Min Kyung changed into her Hy clothes. She revealed her red highlights and put on her contacts and piercings. She changed from her PJS to black boots, dark ripped skinny jeans, black jacket, and her black scarf. (No. She's not emo.)

She was good to go now. She walked to her mom's room. She was still sound asleep. She walked out the house and there were bodyguards there already. She got into the van they prepared and got to the school. Once she stepped out, everybody was screeching.

"IT'S HY! WHAT'S SHE DOING HERE? OMG I GOTTA GET HER AUTOGRAPH!!" (etc.) Min Kyung got to the classroom she usually went to. Usually, nobody paid attention to her but since she's Hy, everybody turned around and stared. Hy ignored the stares and went to her seat. A lot of people crowded around her asking her for handshakes and all that. Hy was very busy.

At lunch, she was running away from a crowd. They were chasing her around the school. Key pulled her into an empty lab. The stalkers didn't know where she went and went to find Hy.

Min Kyung sighed. "Finally."

"Why did you come here like this today? You knew this would happen right?"

"Yeah. Whatever. I'm going now."

"Wait!" Key said and grabbed her arm. Min Kyung winced in pain and fell to the ground.

"Wh-what's wrong Min Kyung?" Key asked concerned. He tried to grab her arm to see what's wrong but Min Kyung recoiled. He grabbed her other arm and rolled the sleeve up. He was horrified to see all the bruises on her.

"What's all this?"

Min Kyung looked away, refusing to reply.

"Your mother?"

Min Kyung looked at him and said "Don't you dare tell anybody."

"But your injured. This is child abuse."

"I can handle this. It's none of your concern." Min Kyung said and left.

Key flashbacked on what Min Kyung told him the first time he saw her as Hy.

"My-my father passed away. So my mother has to take care of me and she- she can't. She has no great education. So, she became a-a e. I don't usually tell people this. Please don't tell them. And definitely don't mention my father's death if you meet my mother. Please."

Key was confused. Why didn't Min Kyung want her father's death to be mentioned? What happened?