| When Kyungsoo takes the hit |

Perks of Being a Gangster
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] I Open My Arms and into my Warm Embrace

-XOXO (XOXO repackaged version)[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Chanyeol didn’t know why Minseok was upset. The great and mighty leader of the Facultas had taken some of his precious time to personally, buy out some presents for Minseok, considering how Minseok was his son and all now. However, when he presented his humble gifts, which consisted of some of the latest Nike kicks, Nike soccer cleats, a Nike soccer ball, some Nike clothes, the latest iPhone 6 (which had a tracking device), and the other essentials of having a kid. When Chanyeol had asked Baekhyun what kind of things that thirteen year olds liked this year, his “best friend” had replied with booze, drugs, cigarettes and hot chicks. Baekhyun had received a rather hard smack on the head. Thus, Chanyeol was left to his own devices, and thought of what he would kill to have when he was around Minseok’s age. He was rather proud of the things he’d gotten for Minseok, since he couldn’t take Minseok shopping with him. No, that would be too awkward, if not, plain stupid and dangerous.

When Chanyeol saw some of the possessions owned by Minseok, he’d felt a twinge of guilt. Minseok had it bad, almost as bad as he did when he was a kid. His worn down shoes, consisted of three pairs, his soccer cleats, running shoes that Minseok wore everyday, and those black, rubber slippers that were sold in every damn convenience store in South Korea. Not to mention, Minseok’s clothes were all the same thing with different colors. Besides Minseok’s soccer ball, guitar, a couple of albums from bands and books, there was nothing much worth bragging about.

So when, Chanyeol had presented his presents to Minseok, he was not expecting a sour face and yelling from his son. “What the is this?”

Stumped from this reaction, Chanyeol could only register one thing in mind. “Don’t swear, dammit.”

“You swear all the time with your friends and on the phone!” The lil retorted.

“That’s because I’m an adult.”

“Whatever. And take your Nike obsession with you, if you think that by

buying me expensive is going to make everything okay, then your stupider than I thought.” Minseok’s face was cold as he pushed away the piles of stuff that Chanyeol had actually thought about and gave to him. Chanyeol was rather crushed, but soon his insides boiled. Why was this stupid kid so ungrateful? Obviously, he knew that he didn’t have the best things, so why not accept some cool stuff for once, and actually look decent on the streets? Why did Minseok have to make everything so complicated and ruin the attempts of trying to get closer with him? Chanyeol was upset.

“You’re an ungrateful little , you know that? I’ve taken time off my busy

schedule to actually buy you some decent things for once, and this is how you react? Can’t you seem that I’m trying also?” When Minseok didn’t reply, Chanyeol continued. Maybe, the message was getting into Minseok’s head, “I know the circumstances aren’t the best, but try to see it from my point of view also, will ya?! I’m not a father, okay, I’ll admit that, but how do you expect me to react?! All hugs and kisses, saying from dramas, how much I’ve missed you? Be honest, you wouldn’t want that. So why can’t you just accept the damn stuff from me, and not see it as a ploy!” Chanyeol was breathless by the time he finished. It was like an immense load was taken off Chanyeol’s chest, because Minseok would finally know that he was suffering also.

“No. You’re wrong dad,” Chanyeol narrowed his eyes, and Minseok’s scathing sarcasm on the word dad, “ you think you can buy my affection with gifts? Well, think again.” With that, Minseok stormed into his room, slamming the door so that Chanyeol could hear. Once again, Chanyeol was stumped. He did what any other clueless twenty-eight year old single father plus mafia leader in this situation. He called his best friends.

“What now, Yeol?” Came a sigh from the other end.

“Why is Minseok so mad at me? I got gifts from him, that I actually thought about and bought myself, but he rejected it all, saying some about how I can’t buy his affection! I bought those ing things because he looked he needed some brand new, decent stuff! Tell me Kyungsoo! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!” Chanyeol realized that he was huffing from out of breath by the time he finished, and all he could hear on the other end was another infamous Do Kyungsoo sigh.

“You’re an idiot. Probably the biggest idiot ever.” Chanyeol frowned at this. He wasn’t an idiot. He was genuinely confused on what he was supposed to do and whatnot to do. It wasn’t like he ever had the perfect father, in which he can learn from. Hell, Minseok didn’t know how awesome of a father he was, comparing to what Chanyeol had called his father.

“Why?”

“You haven’t interacted with him at all, for the last two days. He thinks that you’re ignoring him, considering how you’re not at home-“

“But you know that I’m busy! The Veritas in Busan aren’t keeping their end of the deal and-“

"Yeah, but Minseokie doesn’t know that!”

“Why do you call Minseok, Minseokie anyway?!”

“Cause he’s much cuter, if you call him that way.” Chanyeol registered an accusatory tone in Kyungsoo’s voice.

"Well, it’s not my fault.” Chanyeol didn’t care if he sounded defensive and whiny to his younger friend. It wasn’t his fault given the circumstances.

“Chanyeol-ah. Do you really have intentions on getting to know Minseok, your son?” Chanyeol wondered if Kyungsoo could hear the slight gulp he took.

“I-I-I… I don’t know.” There was silence in the other end, and Chanyeol heard Kyungsoo sigh once more.

"Have you thought about telling Minseok about our identity yet then? It’ll make things easier in terms of understanding you-“

Chanyeol snorted before cutting in, “and make it so much more complicated for the rest of us. No, Kyungsoo, that’s not going to happen considering how, we don’t trust each other. Maybe, when we build a better relationship, but not now. Not now…”

"Yeah, but I can’t watch over Minseok forever.”

At this, Chanyeol grew uncomfortable. He knew that it was the strong friendship with Kyungsoo that led the

Please log in to read the full chapter