| Denial |

Perks of Being a Gangster
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Where did you come from, where are you going?

- Don't Go (XOXO repackaged version)[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Chanyeol stared darkly at the crying mess in front of him. The boy looked nothing like him. For one, he was short, and two, well... Chanyeol didn’t really look at his son closely. When Baekhyun took Chanyeol to where his son was residing currently, Chanyeol was in a state of emptiness. He felt this as if he was in a sluggish nightmare. How the does a fifteen-year-old boy get a girl pregnant! For crying out loud, he didn’t even last long. Not to mention, he was a at that time.

He did feel sorry for the boy. For reasons that Chanyeol didn’t want to ponder yet, Hayoung was dead. He was positive that he knew who killed the boy’s mother, and his first. Probably the same person who giddily delivered the news that Chanyeol had a son, but it didn’t make sense. How could anybody know that he had a son, when he himself didn’t know it? Chanyeol remembered the worst day of his life like as if it was yesterday. In reality, it was only a week ago, when the official white letter from the government was clutched in Baekhyun's hand.

*****

“I can’t have a son. I’m too young!”

“You’re twenty eight years old. That’s like the perfect age to have a son.”

“Well for your ing information, if what you say is real, I have a son when I was ing fifteen!”

“Calm down Chanyeol.”

“Hey, would you be able to calm down, if you realize that you had a son who’s a teenager now?!”

"He’s only thirteen.”

“I hate teenagers.”

"He just became a teenager.”

Chanyeol covered his face with his hands. He wasn’t stupid. He was positive that it was Kim Jongin who sent the letter to him, saying that he was the father of Kim Minseok. Leave it to Kim Jongin to play dirty. Everything he had built for and achieved was at the brink of collapsing. He knew the laws. A leader of a gang couldn’t kill his own family, no matter what. It was some messed up law that a lot of gangs tried to find loopholes, but couldn't beacause it was this law, that was the root of the mafia. The reason for this law was that the leader’s heirs were the first in line to take over the gang. Sure, this was a law praised by many but to Chanyeol it was a clear path to his destruction. Groaning, Chanyeol tried not to think about the ridicule he would face from his fellow gang members, and the other mafias, if they found out, which he was ready to keep it a secret with all his might. Already, he could feel his reputation damaging. Since when did Jongin have the police on his side to dig up his past?

“Look Chanyeol. I know you’re stressed and all, but the best thing we can do right now is to take your kid with us. It’s too dangerous to leave him out in the open since Jongin found out about him. Your lucky only his mother’s dead.”

“Wait. You mean Hayoung is dead?”

“Most likely, she was murdered by Jongin’s men. That means that you have to take care of him whether you like it or not.” Chanyeol’s mind was spinning from the current information. Of course, he was a bit shocked hearing the news that the person he gave his ity to and his son’s mother was dead, but his guiltiness was limited. He lost emotions a long time ago, when he took the Omerata. There was no room for pity. Only himself. Jongin obviously had a plan.

“You’re right… where is he?”

“He’s currently at his friend’s house. There’s a funeral for his mom soon. You should probably go.” Chanyeol nodded. Kyungsoo had done his research well.

“When do we go meet him?”

“How about now?”

How long was it since he had attended a funeral? Too long ago, because Chanyeol felt stupid bringing flowers to a funeral. The last funeral he had attended was the former leader of Facultas’s funeral. His mentor. His second father. Now he was attending the funeral of his son’s mother, and the first person he had with. What a life.

Chanyeol longed for the dreary funeral to be over. His son didn’t look at him once, and Chanyeol was fine with that. It just gave him more time to feel emotions, knowing that Hayoung went through thirteen years of raising a kid on her own. He felt kind of bad, but he was only fifteen, and they both agreed to have before Chanyeol moved out of town. Hayoung was the closest thing to being a first love. She was smart, studied hard, but never quite made the top, but nonetheless, she would be encouraged cause she can try harder next time. She lost her life, raising a kid.

Please log in to read the full chapter