The Plan

Surviving Life

“Everyone, I’d like to formally introduce my son into the business. As you all know ChangMin will eventually be taking over my position and I’d like for him to learn everything that he needs to know in order to run this company. Please welcome him.”

ChangMin straightens his tie and takes a step forward. “Annyong haseyo, I am Shim ChangMin. It’s very nice to meet you all. Please help me do my best.”

After the meeting was over, a very professional and intelligent looking man in his mid 20s approaches ChangMin and introduces himself. “Hello, I’m Jung YunHo. It’s nice to meet you. I’m the manager of the advertising department. Director Shim has asked me to start your training in our department.”

“Hi, nice to meet you too.” ChangMin notices that YunHo was looking past him to his left at a girl who looked as if she was only in her early 20s, dressed in a female suit.

“This is…”

“Oh, this is Kang ChunHee, my personal bodyguard and secretary. She will be with me at all times in and out of the office.”

 

Arriving home after a long day, ChangMin was greeted by his mom, as if she hadn’t seen him for many years. “ChangMin ah, my dear son, you’re finally home. How was work? Was it hard?”

ChangMin sighed, knowing that complaining wouldn’t make his mother leave him along. “Everything went well and according to plan. Don’t worry, I’ll try my best.”

“Hopefully your best is enough, or else your father will have to teach you everything personally.”

“Arasoyo. Omma, where is nuna? I have something to ask her.”

“Mullayo. I haven’t seen MiNa all day; check upstairs or ask the maid.”

“It’s okay, I’ll check myself.” ChangMin heads up stairs to his sister’s room and on his way he dreads everything he sees. Normally, anyone would call this their dream house, or mansion rather, but ChangMin just wanted to live a more common life, without having to be in charge of over 50,000 people.

As he reached the door, he heard slow music blasting from her room but no one answered when he knocked a few times. ChangMin cracked open the door and peeked through. MiNa was holding her pillow, leaning her hear on it as if the pillow was a person. She then lifted her head and looked at the pillow for about 30 seconds before finally saying, “Neh, my prince charming, I will marry you. I love you.” She then leaned in to kiss the pillow.

But before she was able to kiss the pillow ChangMin barged in the room and screamed, “I object!”

Surprised, Mina turned quickly and threw the pillow on the ground as if nothing had happened. “YA! What are you doing? Don’t you know how to knock?”

As Mina continued with her angry expressions, ChangMin laughed so hard that he fell to his knees, all the while ignoring her every excuse. After coming to his senses, ChangMin finally responded, “It’s now my fault that you were so caught up in your fantasy world that you didn’t hear me knock.”

Mina was flustered and just wanted ChangMin out of her room as soon as possible. “Doesn’t matter, what do you want!?”

“It wasn’t for anything special, but not that I’ve seen this, I think it’s time that we make another deal.” ChangMin smiles, waiting to get an answer from Mina while she went to close the door to discuss the agreement.

During dinner, MiNa interrupts the silence, carrying out the plan. “Appa, auntie called me earlier. She wants ChangMin and I to visit grandma tomorrow.”

“Grandma? Okay, ChangMin, you can take tomorrow off; spend the day with grandma.” ChangMin and MiNa exchange glances and smile to the success of their plan.

After dinner was over, they discussed about how they were going to carry the plan through. “Good, now all we have to do is not get caught tomorrow.” ChangMin hoped that everything would go as according to plan.

“Araso, I’m going to the mall tomorrow with SooYoung. I need new clothes.”

“Are you serious? What’s the point of buying new clothes if you can’t even match them?”

“I can! I just prefer buying the outfits as they are!”

“Yeah, whatever. I’m going back to my room.”

“Wait, where are you going tomorrow?”

“Don’t worry about it. Just know that I won’t get caught. “

 

As the next day arrives, ChangMin and Mina get dressed and headed towards the door. “Hold on, ChangMin ah, make sure you’re safe okay? I’ll make your favorite dinner.”

“Okay mom. We have to go now, bye.”

ChangMin then drove MiNa to the mall, “I’ll pick you up later, bye.” Mina ignores ChangMin’s comments and runs into the mall to find SooYoung.

As soon as she walks through the door, she sees the designer outfit that she has been waiting for. She runs into the store and buys the outfit. MiNa then calls SooYoung. “SooYoung ah, where are you? I just bought a new outfit. You have to see it! I’ll wait for you outside Crystal Flower Boutique.” MiNa arrives at the boutique to see SooYoung standing Boutique.” MiNa arrives at the boutique to see SooYoung standing there already with four bags in her hands.

“Mina! What did you get? Let me see! I found these dresses that would look great with the scarf and earrings I bought yesterday! You have to help me find the shoes for it!”

“SooYoung! SooYoung! Look!! Isn’t that Park YooChun over there?”

“It is! I love his designs! Let’s go talk to him.” SooYoung grabs Mina and heads towards YooChun, who was window shopping.

Mina stood behind SooYoung as they approached him, “Annyong haseyo Mr. Park. I love your designs! Will you be coming out with another collection soon>” Yoochun ignores SooYoung and walks by her only to stop and chuckle at Mina then continue walking away.

“YA!! What’s with that chuckle? What’s that supposed to mean huh? Are you making fun of me??”
 

“Mina.. forget him. You look great. Designers are like that. Come on, let’s go look for more clothes for you and then go eat.” SooYoung was afraid of what her reckless friend would do and stopped her before it was too late.