The Bet

Surviving Life

As soon as they arrived at the mall, ChangMin dragged YunMi into a random store and chose a knee length, white pearl dress that had a v-cut in the front and back. It seemed simple but ChangMin knew that only a perfect body would be best fit. He then got a pair of white wedges that had five diamonds shaped into a flower with a pearl in middle, which was located on the front outer parts.

“I seriously can’t believe I’m doing this…” reluctantly she grabbed the items and headed for the dressing room.” After putting on the dress, YunMi admired the dress. “Hm.. This dress doesn’t look so bad. Who knew that animal had such good taste. Ughh!  I’m gonna prove him wrong!” She put her two fists up, full of confidence.

As she was changing, the boys were outside the waiting room talking. “I’m not sure why I’m sitting here wasting my time just to look at a tomboy. I should just leave.” ChangMin showed no interest in seeing her; all he wanted was to make fun of her.

“ChangMin ah, since you’re so confident, let’s up the wages, shall we?” JaeJoong was always a person to win, and since he already knew the results, it would be stupid to not win more.

“Up the wages? Sure, but what do you have in mind.?

“If she wins, you’ll have to pay for all the clothes she can buy today. If she loses, she’ll be your slave for a week.”

“Wait, so if she wins, I have to bring her on a shopping spree and if she loses, she’ll have to do anything I say? Are you sure she’ll do it?”

“She won’t have to but in any case, she will listen to me. But you have to play fair; we’ll bring her out and get some real reactions.”

“Deal.”  Both wear a mischievous smile as if each had already won. Junsu sits by curious of how YunMi will look.

JaeJoong then heads toward the fitting room that YunMi was in, “YunMi ah, don’t come out yet okay? Not until I tell you to.”

“Why?”

“Just listen to me okay? I’ll be back soon got it?”

“Araso.”

About 15 minutes later, JaeJoong returns passing the two bored men and knocks on the door, “YunMi ah, open the door.”

“Finally!! I’ve been waiting for so long! What’s that?” YunMi points to the back, looking at him sketchily. JaeJoong goes in with her and shuts the door quickly. He takes out the makeup that he bought and starts to put some on her. “Are you serious? Haha, how do you know how t..”

“Shut up.”

Outside the two can barely stay awake or find anything to occupy themselves with while waiting. “Ya, do you know what’s going on between them?” ChangMin asks Junsu wondering if he knew what their relationship was.

“I’m not sure but he told me about her before. They’re childhood friends and roommates. This is my first time seeing her in person and seems like they’re really close.” Junsu was even more curious about her. She presented like a simple person but seemed much more complicated than that.

“Yeah they do seem close but she’s more like a man than he is.” ChangMin laughs and Junsu smiles as they notice the door opening.

The two walk out of the dressing room, with JaeJoong completely covering any traces of YunMi. “Well, I just want to remind you guys to be fair. Here’s what you’ve been waiting for…” YunMi steps out next to him. ChangMin and Junsu could not believe their eyes. YunMi’s skin was surprisingly flawless. JaeJoong had done her hair, makeup, and put jewelry on her, none too light or too heavy, which enhanced her beauty. YunMi was smiling, extremely happy with the results herself. After having enough watching the two in awe, JaeJoong clears his throat, snapping ChangMin to his senses. ChangMin then signals for the sales person and hands her a black card.

Without hesitating, JaeJoong walks over and hand ChangMin the receipts for the makeup, etc. then goes to explain to YunMi the earlier conditions. YunMi jumped and hugged JaeJoong thank him for helping her win and scoring her a bigger win. YunMi walks back to the fulll length mirror, admiring the beauty in it. However, she felt as though she completely stepped out of her own body. 'How can that be her' she thought. She can't even recognize herself; this YunMi in the mirror is beatiful. She didn't feel like herself without some hair overing her face, the rest of her hair up in a ponytail and her baggy clothes, pratically hanging off her shoulders. They hid every inch of her body. Pretty soon she snapped out of her thoughts and turned back to the group.

Jaejoong then proceeds to explain to YunMi the additional conditions. YunMi jumped and hugged JaeJoong thank him for helping her win and scoring her a bigger win.