chapter 5

Letting Go
 
whiteflowers_zpse6fd9414.png

Chapter 5

divider_zps786883e5.png

A month later

Kai has been trying to cope with his new life. He feels like a machine and he can't explain why. He's also been questioning his love towards Baekhyun. He doesn't deserve her but she also doesn't deserve to get hurt because of him too. He's been trying to figure out his feelings towards her so he's been staying late at the office. Taking up extra hours or finding an excuse to come home late.

But Kai doesn't know that Baekhyun knows. She knows that he's been avoiding her and questioning their relationship. But she can't let him break it off, she won't allow it. When she had moved in, Kai had told her to stop working because he could support both of them. Baekhyun had refused because she was hoping that her first and true love would come and save her. She couldn't lose hope, plus that bar is the only thing that can help him find her. *He couldn't have forgotten because he promised that he would come for me.* thought Baekhyun.

*creek* It was two in the morning and Kai had just come home. He the light and was surprised to see Baekhyun sitting down in the dark waiting for him. He didn't happen to notice her distant face because he was to busy trying to figure out what to tell her.

What he didn't expect was for Baekhyun to lung at him and to intensely kiss him. She kept saying "I miss you...please don't go..." between their kiss. Baekhyun had pulled Kai closer to her and said "please" Kai understood what Baekhyun was asking for and he didn't hesitate because he also missed there intimate moments. So they got to work and headed to their shared room, each thinking about someone else.

• • • • •

After the accident with Kai, Kyungsoo had stopped being herself but now she's gone back to her old routine ,with the exception of Kai being in her life. One time after work she asked the taxi driver to take her back to her old apartment. Until she realized she wasn't with Kai anymore and went home tear eyed. Today Kyungsoo decided that she'll stop working at the hospital because it reminds her to much of Kai.

She wants to move on and prove to everybody, mostly herself, that she's strong and that she doesn't need Kai in her life. Kyungsoo still hasn't told her parents about her break up. Seems like Kai hasn't either so technically she's still tied to him.

Kyungsoo sighed as she walked in the hospital. She greeted back the nurses and doctors who greeted her. "What brings you here Kyungsoo? Mr. Kim won't be happy knowing you are over working yourself. Shouldn't you be resting since you haven't been feeling well or are you here for a check up?" asked one of the nurses asked the question everyone was dying to ask. For the last two weeks Kyungsoo has been throwing up and feeling dizzy. Her friend Suho who also owns the hospital asked her to take the day off. If she continued not feeling well to come back and get a check up.

But that's not why Kyungsoo's here, she wants to resign because being a nurse is not her thing. She only did it to please Kai's parents but there's no need for that anymore. "No, I came to talk to Suho, is he available? " asked Kyungsoo.

"Sorry but today is one of those unexpected days where there's a lot of patients so he's quite busy. Although he should be taking a break in a few minutes. Why don't you wait with me because I also need to speak with him umm..." Kyungsoo got startled when she heard the voice behind her.

Kyungsoo turned around to face the speaker when they suddenly yelled out her name and hugged her. "Kyungsoo! It's great to finally meet you in person. I've been so busy that I haven't gotten the time to go visit." Kyungsoo was dumbfounded so she just stood there until the stranger let go. Then the person grabbed her hand and dragged her to the waiting room. " umm, I think you have the wrong Kyungsoo." spoke up Kyungsoo. The stranger laughed and lightly smacked her shoulder. "No silly! I have the right Kyungsoo, hasn't Luhan talked about me?"

The stranger didn't give Kyungsoo time to think when she said "I'm Yixing, Luhan's best friend! Has she not talked about me?" pouted Yixing. Kyungsoo smiled a genuine smile and responded with "It's my honor to finally meet you Yixing Noona. Of course Luhan has talked about you, she hasn't stopped talking about you for the past two weeks."

Yixing grabbed Kyungsoo's hand and dragged her to Suho's office. "Umm I don't think we're allowed here." stated Kyungsoo making Yixing laugh. " What nonsense are you going on about Kyunnie. Can I call you Kyunnie, Kyunnie?" Asked Yixing while opening the office door and beckoning Kyungsoo to sit.

"My bother in law wouldn't mind me being in his office, plus I came to help him out." Yixing said. Yixing got no response from Kyungsoo so she kept on talking. " He didn't tell you about me did he? I knew it! Just cause he doesn't get well along with Kris doesn't me he can't tell people about me!"

"Enough about me, tell me something about yourself! Other then you're cuter in person then the sleeping picture Luhan sent me." Kyungsoo was baffled " What!" * I barely know Yixing Noona but she already has a picture of me sleeping.* thought Kyungsoo. But Kyungsoo was grateful that Yixing was distracting her from her thoughts of Kai. Plus making her forget why she came to the hospital in the first place. " Don't worry about it you look cute! I just wanted a picture just in case I saw you around."

Kyungsoo looked Yixing in the eyes feeling horrified. While Yixing sat there smiling lost in thought making her look a little creepy. Kyungsoo didn't know what to say or do so she sat there. Before she got lost in her thoughts of pitying herself cause Yixing called her cute while she felt the opposite of cute.

Yixing spoked up " I over heard your conversation with the nurse. Are you okay? Can you telling why you need to get checked up? Does Luhan know anything of this?" asked Yixing question after question overwhelming Kyungsoo.

"It's nothing much, hahaha, I woke up with morning sickness and my stomach has been very sensitive to specific food, maybe that's why I've felt dizzy lately." stated Kyungsoo to no one in particular. They sat in silence for a few minutes until Yixing broke the silence. "When was the last time you've been in any ual relationship?" asked Yixing. But before Kyungsoo could answer the office door opened revealing Suho. Once he saw Kyungsoo he started questioning her with "Are you not feeling well? If it's about letting you come back to work the answer is no."

Suho stopped talking and sighed when he realized Yixing was in the room. "Well I'll let you guys be. Suho we need to talk so once you're done, I'll be waiting in my office. Oh, and think about my question Kyungsoo because that's my specialty." said Yixing before she left. "What is she talking about?" questioned Suho. " Yixing works with pregnant ladies... Kyungsoo are you pregnant! " said Suho as he looked at Kyungsoo's horrified face. If Suho didn't no better Kyungsoo was about to cry.

So he walked towards her and pulled her up for a hug to calm her down. She started to tremble before bursting into tears. Suho rubbed Kyungsoo's back while she mumbled "It can't be......I...but...." Kyungsoo had told Suho that she had broken it off with Kai and nothing more. Suho saw how broken and sorrowful Kyungsoo looked. He felt broken as well just by looking at her. He can tell how scared she ,if the assumption is true, which is also making him feel sick.

For crying out loud he's a doctor and has seen worse. But Kyungsoo is that special someone that he wants to protect. When he laid eyes one her, he instantly thought *She's the one*. But the truth is Kyungsoo has never thought of him of anything more then just a friend.

He won't take advantage of her situation, I'll be the friend that she she can lean on. Kyungsoo's first love is Kai and it'll always be him. " Why don't we get Yixing to confirm the suspicion?" asked Suho. Kyungsoo nodded her head before telling Suho her purpose of coming to see him. Cause the sooner she can leave the more time she has to cry her eye balls out.

Kyungsoo came out of the hospital holding a folder in her left hand. While her right hand touched her stomach and with a small smile on her face. But it soon disappeared as she grabbed for her phone to make a phone call.

"Ring! Ring!""Sweetie is that really you!?" the person from the other line asked. *She took a big gulp of air* "Yes mother, it's me. How are you and father doing?" asked Kyungsoo "We are lonely without you, sweetie. When are you going to visit us?" asked her mom desperately.

"I was calling to.. um...can I...I visit?" asked Kyungsoo hesitantly. "Ahh! Of course you can! This will always be your home even when your 60. Remember that me and your father will love you no matter what." said Kyungsoo's mother. Kyungsoo sighed with relief hearing her mother's words, convincing her that it was alright telling her parents of the decision that she has made.

 

hearticon_zpsd6ec70c9.gif