Chapter 3

Letting Go
 
whiteflowers_zpse6fd9414.png

Chapter 3

divider_zps786883e5.png

Baekhyun arrived about thirty minutes ago and has been outside of Kai's apartment for about twenty minutes. She felt very nervous because she didn't know how to feel about Kai's break up. She knows that Kai likes her a lot but she doesn't know if she feels the same way.

Baekhyun knew from the beginning that it was selfish of her to get involved with an engaged man. But it has been forever since she has felt wanted and loved. That's why she's being selfish and doesn't want to let go of Kai. But she feels devastated that she has ruined another person's happiness.

Baekhyun just sighed and knocked on the door. On the second knock, the door opened and what she saw, made her feel even more guilty. Kai looked beat up with his hair everywhere. His clothes were wrinkled and mixed matched, but that wasn't what made Baekhyun feel guilty. It was Kai's eyes, filled with sorrow and desperation.

When Kai opened the door he lunged himself on Baekhyun and hugged her tight. He couldn't explain why he felt what he felt. He never even liked Kyungsoo and she didn't either. *or so he thought* He's suppose to feel happy because he can be with Baekhyun without feeling guilty. He won't have to lie and cover up why he come home late. Or that he already ate at the office without looking at a disappointed Kyungsoo.

But why does he feel so broken, like he has lost something dear to him. Maybe he just needs the comfort of his love because the guilt is eating him away. " Baek, what took you so long" said Kai with a raspy voice. "Why don't we go inside first and talk" spoke up Baekhyun. Kai then untangled himself from Baekhyun and pulled her inside. He the shut the door and broke down.

Baekhyun was surprised and didn't know what to do. Listening to Kai cry made her feel even worse. " What's wrong why are you crying?" asked Baekhyun as she went to go hug Kai and drag him to the sofa. " I Don't know why. I think it's cause she left believing it was her fault and now the guilt is eating me." Kai said.

Baekhyun sighed and said "Don't worry, everything is going to be ok. I'm right here and I'll never leave you" Kai stiffened and cried harder. Baekhyun never would have thought that Kai would be this upset about Kyungsoo leaving.

That deep in side he actually loves her but is too ignorant about his feelings. The first thing that Baekhyun learned about Kai was that he was very possessive. He's very possessive because he's insecure and is afraid of being alone.

Baekhyun knows Kai so well because when she looks at him she sees herself. They both hate being lonely and that's what ties them together, other then . Baekhyun hates feeling lonely because her past comes haunting her and Kai is the only way to help her for get, if only for a little while.

. . .

After the kitchen accident Luhan made Sehun clean up the whole kitchen while Kyungsoo and her made breakfast. Luhan would try to start a conversation with Kyungsoo but she would only get a one word response. Luhan was so tempted to ask Kyungsoo what happened but it wasn't the right time. She planned to give Kyungsoo some time and then asked her what happened.

While they were enjoying their breakfast quietly and a little awkwardly Luhan's phone rung breaking the weird atmosphere. Luhan answered the phone without looking at the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Hi, Luhan! It's Yixing! How's it going?" answered the caller. " Yixing! It has been a while. You know, same old same old. What do I owe this honor of my childhood friend calling me after five years?" said Luhan. "I'm sorry Lu, I have been busy. Are you still mad at me for leaving.?" said Yixing

Luhan bursted out laughed "Ha, ha, ha, ha, of course not silly. I understand that you had to follow your dream and your lover. I don't know what I would do without Sehun, so I feel you." when Luhan finished she realized what she had said and looked at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo looked so miserable so Sehun got up and took her to the living room to watch TV.

By the reaction that Luhan got out of Kyungsoo, Luhan new that something must have happened between Kai and her. "Luhan! Luhan! Earth to Luhan" yelled Yixing from the other side.

"Calm down Yixing, I'm listening" said Luhan. "Great! I have good news, I'll be staying in Korea for a few months." "Really?!" responded Luhan "Is Kris coming too?" asked Luhan. "Yes of course, his friend Um.. I for got his name is also coming along." said Yixing. "Is he single?" asked Luhan as an idea came to mind.

"Ha, ha, ha" laughed Yixing "You better not be cheating on Sehun. And yes he's single. " Of course not dummy, I would never cheat on Sehun even though he's very special at times. I was just wondering because a friend of mine is looking for a boyfriend. I can't wait to see him! Let's hope he's boyfriend material." said Luhan "Um... he... I have to go now, I'll see you in a few hours." Yixing said as she hung up.

 

hearticon_zpsd6ec70c9.gif