Chapter 8

From zero to hundred

 

 

 

8



 

Taehyun had agreed to go watch Mino (and his friends) perform, and he did as he said after a week. Mino didn't really invited the boy but it was something that came up when they talk about random things. Mino (and also the others) didn't expect Taehyun to like clubbing, because the way he always kept distance from other people, so he probably hated to be in a crowded place like in a club, especially in an underground club where they were. He was also surprised to know that the younger boy was a good drinker too, even though he was underage.  

 

That night, he spotted Taehyun with a bottle of beer in his hand, chatting with a girl in the corner of the club. The younger boy was wearing a plain white tee with a leather jacket over it. He was smiling and being friendly. He could see how much that girl was so into Taehyun's charm, like everyone else. He looked good and outstanding. His pretty face was more beautiful when he smiled. The girls around him were smiling too, their eyes were staring at that delicate face. One of the girls who was chatting and standing near Taehyun, her hand was curling her brown locks around her neck. Her eyes were sweet and looked like she would followed Taehyun no matter where.

 

Mino didn't like it, not at all. He intensively stared at those two that everyone could tell they were flirting. Jiho nudged his arm, telling Mino to focus on their upcoming performance. Mino breathe in deeply, tried to calm himself down but it wasn't effective at all. All he could think of was ‘Why are you flirting with that girl. You said you liked me’. The performance came out differently but the crowd still cheered for them. The joyful ‘Hugeboy’ was aggressive that night, and girls found it y, Taehyun too.

 

"That was great", Taehyun smiled cutely with both of his thumbs up. Mino was mad so he just slightly nodded then ignored his junior. He knew that his action was childish but he couldn’t control it.

"What's wrong?", Taehyun could feel something, thanks to his good sense he always knew when something was wrong. Mino glanced at him without any expression.

"Nothing", he shortly answered the boy with a fake smile. "Are you here alone?", he glanced at the hot girl who was flirting with Taehyun earlier. Her eyes were glaring at the boy like she was waiting for Taehyun to go back.

"Are you sure? You look like you are upset or something", Taehyun stared at his senior, asked another question instead of answering.

Mino sighed, "Yeah. But it's stupid so just leave it", he said then left his junior and went to his friends. Taehyun furrowed his eyebrows. He started to feel angry too. He didn’t came all the way there to be ignored like that. Taehyun just left it just like the other boy wanted. He went back to  the girl he was with earlier.

 

"What's wrong? Did you just fight with him?", the hot girl whispered softly to Taehyun. She was trying to be seductive and started roaming her hands on Taehyun's broad chest. The boy didn't really notice the seduction, he was too busy thinking about what he had done to upset Mino.

The girl suddenly cupped Taehyun's face and forced him to look at her, "You wanna go to my place? It's gonna be fun." Taehyun knew exactly what she meant. He smiled looking at the girl in front of him slowly closed her eyes, as an invitation for Taehyun to kiss her. Taehyun took a glance at Mino and it made him realized what was going on. He was jealous. That conclusion made Taehyun smiled.

He softly took the small hands off his face, smiling sweetly, "Sorry, but I will be with someone else tonight." Taehyun could tell that she was not happy about his answer by the way she frowned, turned around and left him.

 

He looked across the room to see Mino with his friends, the older boy also looking towards him. Mino was surrounded by his Hip-hop friends. Taehyun grabbed another bottle of beer and walked across the room to the older boy, offering him that bottle.

"No, Taehyun. I promise the owner I won't drink", he replied dryly. Well, the boy in front of him was a year younger and his hand was always holding a bottle or a glass of alcohol. "You too, kid."

Taehyun let out a chuckle and dare to take a sip of the liquid in front of his senior, "Come on, hyung. Do it for me", he handed the bottle to Mino again. The older one looked what was in Taehyun's hand hesitantly. Taehyun stepped closer, leaned his head next to Mino's ear, then whispered seductively, "I'll kiss you if you do it."

Mino's eyes widened. He could feel shivers to his spine. Taehyun parted himself back to where he was, smiling and sipping the golden liquid with a sly smile on his face. His cheek was flushed in light pink probably because of the drinks he took.

Taehyun was y as hell, the way he whispered in his ear was already like an alcohol, and sure that made Mino wanted to kiss him so he agreed right away and took the bottle.

"One sip per kiss, okay?", he smirked when Taehyun shrugged his shoulder. "Count carefully. And I'm taking you home with me tonight", Mino started his first little sip and Taehyun dragged him out of that crowded room at once.

 

Taehyun dragged him to a quiet and empty place. It was inside, deeper part of the club, a dark narrow hallway which Mino remembered it was led to the back door. Taehyun pushed him against the cold wall and kissed him once. Mino was shocked to see Taehyun was the one who started the first move, then he slowly formed a smirk on his face. Taehyun his lips and stared at that plump lips he just took a taste of.

"Take another sip", he commanded, and the older one gladly did it. Mino placed his free hand on the younger one's lower back and pulled him closer. Taehyun wrapped his arms around the older boy's neck and they started kissing, tasting the taste he always longed for. Mino tried to make their second kiss longer but Taehyun parted himself off again.

"Another", the pretty boy smiled seductively, having fun with the game he invented.


 

-----


 

They continued till the bottle was emptied. Mino started to nuzzle his nose around Taehyun's pale neck, and his hands was under the boy's shirt. It was hot and Mino wanted more. Taehyun lightly panted after they broke their lost-counted-kiss. He could feel the cold hands roaming all over his back and trying to get into his jeans, and Taehyun didn't show any sign of resistance.

But they stopped after they heard a shattering voice from afar, Taehyun quickly parted himself off the older one again. He stepped back and leaned his back against the opposite wall, facing the hot boy he just made out with.

"I was joking earlier about taking you home, but now I really want to", Mino spoke with his low voice and it made him even ier. Of course he couldn't do that because his family was home, and both of them surely didn't want any of Mino's family to know about their relationship. Taehyun just stood quietly, looking at the person in front of him

"You're not mad at me anymore?", he asked while he tried to control his breath to normal again.

"I'm not mad at you. I just...",

"Jealous?", Taehyun finished his sentence and let out a chuckle. Mino covered his redden face, not sure because of the alcohol or he was embarrassed.

"Are you a mind reader or what", he smiled and walked towards Taehyun after the room was quiet again, leaning over and ready to started another hot kiss but he was stopped before their lips touched.

"Hyung, there are rules, you drink, you kiss, so go get another bottle", he commanded again and it started to make Mino go crazy. Mino's heart was beating so fast because of Taehyun's iness. He kissed the pale cheek just before he ran back to fetch another four more bottles of beer and started their little game again.

 

-----

 

After they emptied five bottles of beer, they decided to go straight back to Mino's home. Both of them were drunk so they lost almost all of their sense, They forgot about what would happen if they got caught by Mino's family, they just did what they felt like. The boys managed to get in Mino's room without waking anyone and started kissing from the door to the bed.

It was Taehyun's first time being under someone and to be honest, he didn't hate it. The weight of Mino over him was strange but acceptable. It felt hotter and hotter as their bodies pressed together tightly, as their lips were sealed together. Taehyun was startled when Mino parted off and took off his shirt and started his chest under his tees hungrily. He didn't think both of them would come this far, probably because they were drunk, but Taehyun didn't protest anything, he was curious about between men anyways. While he was mentally prepared, Mino fell asleep mid-way while he was nuzzling around Taehyun's neck.

Taehyun wasn't sure whether it was good or bad but he let out a chuckle. Mino was totally drunk that he couldn't control himself. Taehyun carefully pushed Mino's body off him, for both of them to sleep comfortably on the bed. He stared at the handsome face and slightly trailed his finger on the plump lips. Taehyun shifted closer to the sleeping boy and fell asleep not so long after he felt the warmness of Mino's body.


 

-----


 

The next morning Mino woke up with a headache. Luckily the curtain was closed so his eyes didn't hurt much. He stared at the ceiling, then each wall of his own room to make sure where he was. He noticed the time was almost 9am, so he probably missed his morning class.

He slowly sat up and realized that he was half . He could see the shirt he wore last night was on the floor and his jeans was . He quickly checked under the lump of the blanket to see was anyone under it. First, he thought about Taehyun, he hoped to see Taehyun sleeping next to him, and yes, he was there. He smiled and slowly lowered himself to lie next to the boy who was still sleeping soundly.

This was his second time seeing Taehyun in his sleep. His beautiful face was so calm and looked so innocent. He carefully touched the pale cheek with the back of his hand, treasuring that precious moment. It would be perfect if he could wake up every morning and meet that beautiful view.

Mino kept staring at the boy till he slowly opened his eyes. He gave Taehyun a big smile and ran his fingers through the boy's soft brown hair.

"Did you sleep well?", he whispered softly, so soft that it was so different from his usual rough and deep voice. Taehyun's cheeks flushed in pink before he shyly smiled back and nodded.

"What time is it?", he shifted himself, trying to find a more comfortable position to sleep. "I don't want to go to school..."

Mino let out a chuckle and pulled the cat-like Taehyun into his arms. The boy's face was pressed against the warm chest and it made him blushed redder from remembering what had happened last night. The Taehyun from last night and that morning was totally different person. He was so shy that Mino was sure what had happened last night was because of the alcohol.

"Let's stay in bed together like this. school", Mino spoke as he kissed the top of Taehyun's head. Taehyun didn't even say he agreed and someone, Mino's mother, called him from outside of his room.

"Song Mino! You are late for school again!", both Mino and Taehyun jumped off each other as they could hear the footsteps was coming closer. Luckily when the door was opened, Mino already wore his shirt and Taehyun was standing as far as he could from Mino.

"Oh, sorry, dear. I didn't know you have your friend here", her tone became calmer as she saw Taehyun smiling awkwardly at the corner of the room.

"Good morning, mam. I'm Mino-hyung's junior from school", Taehyun shyly introduced himself. Mino felt his heart beating faster when he could hear his name coming out of Taehyun's lips.

"I didn't know my son has such sweet friend like you", she smiled warmly and invited Taehyun for breakfast before they go to school, since they were already late. She insisted both of them to go to school and let Taehyun borrowed one of Mino's uniform which was slightly too big for him. Their shared the same height but Taehyun was thinner.

 

They walked to school together. The street was empty because all the students were already at school. Both of them were quiet. After they were finally alone, they could think about what had happened last night.

Mino wasn't sure did it mean they were officially a couple or it was something that happened between two drunk persons. He had heard a lot of stories like that, well, also his experience. It wasn't his first time to be drunk and screwed around with hot girls who had affection towards him. But this time was different. First, Taehyun was the same gender as him. Second, he loved Taehyun and Taehyun probably had some feelings for him too.

"Umm, about last night", Mino finally broke the silence. Taehyun didn't react but Mino was sure he was listening. "Well, does it mean we are dating now?"

"I-I ....", Taehyun didn't even finish his answer, a man was shouting and a bicycle was coming through between them. And it made Mino frustrated that he couldn't get the boy's answer again. Taehyun immediately changed the topic and  talked about music and movies till they reached school. Mino felt like Taehyun didn't want to answer, probably because he wasn't ready, so he stopped the thought and would wait till the day Taehyun decided what status they should be in.


 

After they separated to their classes, Mino started sending texts as soon as he reached his seat. Taehyun was smiling while Mino was complaining about how much his head hurt caused by the slightly hangover. And how he was also complaining about he couldn't have lunch together because the teacher punished him to help cleaning his office because he was late.

"Why are you smiling like that? What's so good?", a voice interrupted his silent and peaceful solitude in the classroom. He was too concentrated to his phone (actually to Mino) that he didn't know Bobby was looking at him from the classroom entrance for quite a while.

"It's nothing to do with you", he replied coldly, and ignored the other boy's presence. But Bobby came in anyway. He dragged a chair from the seat in front of Taehyun to face the pretty boy then sat down.

"Why are you here alone? I thought you will be with the seniors", Bobby asked. Taehyun usually be with Mino and sometime, with his friends, during lunch break.

"Not today", Taehyun casually answered as his fingers started typing on his phone again. Bobby sighed and rested his head on his hand. To be honest, he was jealous, but to be able to be close to Taehyun at least as a friend, he had to keep up with it.

"Have you eaten?", Bobby was full of concern. "You haven't, right? Here, take this", he put a box of snack on Taehyun's desk, a box of Chocolate flavored Pocky.

"I'm fine", it's true that Taehyun didn't have lunch but he wasn't feeling hungry. Bobby's concern started to make him felt guilty again. He didn't like it, to be cruel to someone who was nice to him. But he also didn't want Bobby to follow him around nor he would date him. So Taehyun just sat quietly, stared at his phone waiting for Mino to reply.

"I really like you, Taehyun-ah", Bobby said it quietly. He didn't expect Taehyun to respond but it did steal the boy's attention from the person in the phone.

"Why are you telling me this again?", Bobby had stopped saying that after the incident a week ago, the one that Taehyun admitted he liked Mino. But he said it again out of the blue and it startled Taehyun a bit. Bobby shrugged as an answer.

"I'm sorry", Taehyun softly spoke. He stared at his own hands because he didn't really want to face Bobby and he felt guilty. He had always been rude and cruel to Bobby. Bobby used to be annoying but now he had changed, and that was why Taehyun felt bad about his behavior towards him.

"It's okay", Bobby replied with a smile then stretched his hands upwards. "It's nice being with you like this too", he smiled brightly to Taehyun.

Taehyun just faintly smiled back. And the two of them just spent their time together talking about some random stuffs till some of Taehyun's classmates came back, then Bobby left the room. Taehyun wasn't sure did Bobby just accompanied him but it was nice.

 

"I didn't know you guys are close", one of his classmate who sat next to him said. He looked hesitant whether he should started a conversation with Taehyun or not.

"We're not close", Taehyun answered without looking at his classmate. His eyes were on his phone again. He knew that he was being rude but he didn't want to be friendly and had to answer every question about his private life. The classmate seemed to understand and sat quietly in his seat, but not for long.

"What about Mino-hyung?", and that could get Taehyun's attention. Taehyun turned to his classmate to see the face that he wasn't sure what his name was, but he could recall his surname was Kang. "You guys are close right? I saw you were with him last night."

Taehyun could feel the chills to his spine. He started to panic. What if this Kang guy saw what they did and would spread it out. He didn't want Mino to get bad reputation because of him again.  

"W-Where did you see us?", he stuttered and clenching his hands trying to be calm.

Kang Something just smiled innocently. "I saw you and him coming out of a club. I was skateboarding with my friends across the street. So it was really you, huh? Aren't you a bit too young to go to a place like that?"

"It's nothing. I was there to see the seniors performed", Taehyun could relax because his classmate probably knew only they were at the club, which Taehyun also didn't want him to know that they illegally drank alcohol.

"But Mino-hyung looked hella drunk", he laughed, "It's okay. You can tell me that you were there to get drinks and chicks", he winked and bite his bottom plump lips. Taehyun chuckled along.

"Seungyoon! The music teacher was looking for you", someone shouted from the door so Taehyun could know what his name was, Kang Seungyoon.

"Okay!", he replied to his friend cheerfully and turned back to Taehyun, "Nice talking to you!", then he got up and left the room.

Taehyun could feel his palm was cold because he was sweating. Good that Seungyoon only knew about them spending time in a club, not the details.

 

A moment later the room was filled with students again. The bell rang and Seungyoon was back to his seat next to Taehyun and started asking and talking. It wasn't bad since he was fun to listen and talk to.

Taehyun was surprised to know that both of them had so much in common. Seungyoon was in the music club and also interested in art. They end up talking about all sorts of topics the whole period.

“I wonder why you don’t have much friends. You are fun to talk to actually”, Seungyoon said with a smile and made Taehyun realized that something had changed. He was not interested in  being friends with his classmates. He even hated attending class, to avoid being with people. But now he was happily talking with his classmate, and focussing on some of his lessons. He felt like Mino changed him, in a good way.


 

-----


 

The day went by slowly for Taehyun. He quickly kept by his belongings, prepared to go home as soon as the bell rang to tell it was the end of the day. But Seungyoon grabbed his blazer before he could leave the room.

"Are you free? Let's hang out together!", he spoke with a bright smile all over his face. Taehyun just realized Seungyoon was quite good looking too, and his voice was also nice. Taehyun was a bit hesitate whether he should go with Seungyoon. It was a good opportunity to be friends with someone who wasn't boring. But he also planned to spend his time with Mino, even though they didn't really make any promise about it.

Seungyoon probably understand Taehyun. He waved his hand slightly, "It's okay if you already have something else to do. We can hang out later."

"I'm sorry. But I think tomorrow is okay", Taehyun admitted that talking with Seungyoon was surprisingly comfortable. He smiled after Seungyoon agreed they could meet tomorrow then he rushed out of his room to go see Mino at the senior class, which was located on the upper floor.

 

All the seniors were all looking towards Taehyun. Because Taehyun was famous and also he was the only junior around there. Juniors didn't usually come to that floor. He started to think that it was a bad idea. He came here without thinking. And the top of that was he didn't know which room Mino was in.

Taehyun fished out his phone from his pocket, going to texted and asked about which class Mino was in but someone called him from behind.

"Taehyun-ah! What are you doing here?", fortunately it was Jiho who called him. The blonde boy was walking towards Taehyun and he looked surprised. Taehyun signed with relieved.

"Hyung, where's Mino-hyung?", he asked while walked along the hallway with Jiho who just came back from the teacher's office.

"Hey, at least greet me first", Jiho laughed as he pat on Taehyun's back a couple of times. "I think he was still in the classroom", Taehyun slightly nodded and walked quietly.

Jiho peered at the boy, before he whispered, "Hey, are you guys already dating? I asked Mino and he said nothing." He looked around as he awaited for Taehyun to answer. He was aware that other students could overhear what they were talking. Jiho and Jihoon accepted and supported about the two boys' decision, but it didn't mean the society would.

Taehyun wasn't sure neither. He just shrugged and mouthed 'I don't know' to Jiho. It would be the same answer as that morning if they weren't interrupted.

 

Soon enough they were in front of the classroom. Mino was sitting at the back row, laughing happily with his friends. Taehyun was startled by the view, the way Mino was surrounded by people with smiles. The older boy was like a happy virus to everyone, then he had the thought that he wasn't any special from the others.

Taehyun could feel something in his chest, it was comfortable. Mino was something big and precious to him, but he wasn't, to Mino. The older boy already had a lot of good friends and company why bother being with someone like him.

 

"Hey, the kid is here", Jiho went straight to Mino when he reached the room. He smiled a bit and pointed backwards to the door. Mino looked and he didn't find who he was told.

"Who?", Mino asked as he had a confuse look on his face. Jiho looked back to find no sign of the boy.

"Nam Taehyun. He was there", Mino looked at the same direction as Jiho's finger was pointing, but he couldn't find Taehyun anywhere.

"Dude, what the ?", Mino thought Jiho was fooling him, because Taehyun would never be here to see him. It was too bothersome for the boy. Jiho looked really confuse, he was scratching his head and look back at the door and then back to Mino.

"So you two really are close?", one of the girls who was in the group around Mino asked. Mino stuttered a bit then said awkwardly, "I guess." They started speaking about Taehyun, most of it was about his bad and good reputation.


"Is he gay?"

"I heard he was an iljin too",

"Really? That is scary",

"But someone told me that he got in a fight to help his friend",

"He doesn't look like someone who would help anyone",


It wasn't what Mino wanted to hear about Taehyun, but he listened anyways. Many of the rumors sounded like it was from a drama so Mino didn't really believe it. He couldn't imagine how someone's life could be that bad, being raised by a single mom, became and iljin and bullied the weak kid in class, helped the weakest kid and became friends with him, etc. It didn't sound like something Taehyun would be, so Mino didn't really take it seriously.


 

-----


 

Taehyun was on his way down to get out of the building. He looked gloomier than usual and walked slowly. His eyes were fixed on the floor. Taehyun tried not to think about anything. Everytime he thought about Mino, an unknown feeling happened inside his body. He started to feel like throwing up.

"Hey", a familiar voice called him and Taehyun knew exactly who it was. "What's wrong? Why are you alone again?", Bobby fastened his steps, rushed towards Taehyun who didn't even turn to look at him. Taehyun was always alone before Mino happened. But the boy became livelier recently but then he was back to how he was before, even sadder and lonelier.

Taehyun didn't reply anything. He just kept moving his steps forward. But he didn't mind when Bobby walked next to him. He secretly needed a company so he didn't do anything to chase Bobby away.

Bobby was good enough to understand what was going on inside Taehyun's head. It was not like he knew exactly what happen but he could tell that Taehyun was upset.

"Are you going straight home? Should we hang out a bit? How about shopping or get something nice to eat?", he tried his best to cheer the sad boy up and he was so happy he had a bright smile when the boy agreed with a nod.

 

It was their first time hanging out together. They went in and out many kind of shops. It was fun and Taehyun felt much better. The boy talked happily to Bobby and he couldn't asked for anything better.

They found a place to sit and had ice-cream (which Taehyun said he wanted beer but they couldn't so Bobby suggest ice-cream) after they bought some books and cds, even though the breeze was so chill, welcoming the winter season.

"Are you cold?", Bobby asked. He was worried since they were outside. The wind passing through the boy's brown hair, making it a bit messy but Taehyun didn't seem to worry about it. Bobby couldn't help but stared at him. He was so beautiful.

Taehyun shook his head. His complexion was paler, but his lips were red, also his cheeks and the tip of his nose. He looked so pretty like a porcelain doll as Bobby described.

"Are you always like this?", Taehyun spoke after the long silence. His eyes were at the crowd. It was dark already and many people were spending their time after a long day of work and studies.

"Like what?", Bobby didn't really get what Taehyun was referring as 'like this'.

"You are nice", Taehyun stated as he finished his last bite of a lemon flavoured ice-cream.

Bobby smiled a bit, "my friends usually say I'm fun to be with. Is that the same nice as yours?" Taehyun just shrugged. He didn't want to praised Bobby but he thought Bobby was indeed fun to be with, and also caring. He felt good with the way Bobby was treating him. He suddenly felt disappointed in himself for not liking him.

"Should we head back home? It's freezing out here", Bobby spoke as he stood up, ready to go. Taehyun nodded and coughed. "We shouldn't have had ice-cream", the crooked teeth boy joked, "beer would be so much better", and Taehyun laughed along.


 

-----


 

Taehyun was alone again, on the bus, on his way back home. His mom called to asked whether he was coming back and it reminded him of the night he spent at Mino's place. He sighed and rest his head at the window. Mino called and sent texts but he didn't reply any of those. He was sulking about how he older boy could be happy without him. he realized later and it was pathetic.

He tried not to think about it and focused on the time he spent with Bobby. It was fun and relax. He smiled a bit and closed his eyes. He couldn't help but wished Bobby would stop liking him so they could be normal friends, good friends.

He could be able to feel relax with his life after many years. He used to not appreciated his life, or rather hated it. He couldn't remember why he was so hateful, so lonesome, so disappointed in life. But it started to change. And he hoped it would continue to get better by the help of a boy name Song Mino.

 

"Please make me happy...", he whispered softly to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------

 

sorry it took me so long to update this chapter. I was busy and I also couldn't find a way to make it not boring.

and well, I don't know. I hope it's not too boring.

and might write a new Namsong story but it will be creepy and psychopathic... tell me if you are interested! 

 

Thank you for reading!