Chapter 9

From zero to hundred

 

 

Hey! Sorry that I didn't update this story for quit some time. please forgive me. T_T 

and before you read this chapter, I have to tell you that I've edited Chapter 8.5 so it will fit perfectly with this chapther.

and 8.5 happens after this chapter!

I have to confess. I wrote 8.5 when I was feeling a bit sad and I wrote it, without thinking. it just came out. 

 

ok, i won't talk much now haha please enjoy! :)

 

-----

 

 

 

 

9


 


Taehyun decided to spend his time with some friends, a friend, actually. Because he realized Mino wouldn't be with him all the time. Mino had friends, and Taehyun should have some too. And that friend was Kang Seungyoon. Taehyun liked spending time with his new friend. And he decided Taehyun joined the music club with him for a day, and he had a great time. It felt a bit strange to spend his club activities without Mino. He should get used to it.


 

Where are you?

Are you mad at me?
 

 

As he expected, Mino texted him when the older boy didn't see him in their art club. Taehyun had been ignoring Mino's texts since yesterday. He breathed in deeply before he started typing on his phone.

"Is everything okay?", Seungyoon asked while he was playing some random chords on his guitar. Taehyun just nodded. He didn't tell Seungyoon about his relationship with Mino. He need to learn more about his friend, to know that was the boy worth to trust.


 

I'm doing something else today.
And i'm not mad at you.

Why didn't you reply my texts yesterday?

I was busy.

 


And Taehyun didn't send him anything more. He looked up from his phone to face Seungyoon who was looking at him. "Is that your lover?", He asked with a smile on his face. Well, he was nice but sometime a bit nosy, Taehyun thought.

Taehyun shook his head instead of saying 'no'. He didn't want to deny it but also didn't want to admit it. Seungyoon smiled at him wider, it probably meant he didn't buy what Taehyun was telling.

"Come on. You can tell me. Your boyfriend?", he teased and Taehyun swore if Seungyoon said that again he would smack him with his own guitar.

Taehyun's first time in the music club ended perfectly. Taehyun had a great time with Seungyoon and some of the club members. Maybe he should drop by more often. While he was talking happily with his friend and the club members, his phone buzzed a few times. He knew who it was before he fished out his phone from his pocket.

 


Let's meet.
I'm waiting for you at the front gate.


 

Mino, of course. He was in a good mood and already forgot about what he was sulking so he just collected his things, grabbed his bag, telling the member he had a great time then left the room.

He was walking so fast he almost ran. He missed Mino and wanted to see the older boy so much. And he could spot the boy just in no time.

"Hyung!", he called out. He was panting because the speed he made. Mino smiled, and Taehyun realized how much he missed seeing it.

“You look happy”, Mino said when they were on their way to the bus stop. Taehyun was humming a song and it probably caught Mino’s attention.


“Yeah, you can say that”, Taehyun faintly smile as he remembered how good the songs they had played was. “Hyung, you know Kang Seungyoon?”, Taehyun asked Mino. He wanted Mino to know about his new friend since he would be spending a lot of time with him from that time on.

“The guitar player? Of course, everyone knows him”, Mino answered casually. Taehyun was amazed, Kang Seungyoon was really famous. He was thinking about Seungyoon and he noticed something strange from the way Mino was talking, "Why are you asking about him?"

 

Taehyun turned to look at the older boy's face and he looked concerned, or rather insecure? Taehyun had to think of a good answer for Mino to not get jealous. He could remember that time at the club. "He's my classmate", he tried to slowly tell the whole thing, how Seungyoon approached him, how he found out about their music interests, and ended up with how he went to the music club today.

 

He took a glance at Mino while he was telling what they did earlier. Mino had a little smile on his face but didn't look so happy hearing it, so Taehyun stopped. "How about our art club? Is there any assignment?", he asked, hoping it could make Mino less upset after hearing about Seungyoon.

 

"Nothing much, just the regular", the older boy answered quietly. "You seem to like him a lot", taehyun could sense the sadness in that deep voice and he hated it.

 

"Not as much as you", he slipped out what he thought. Mino's eyes widened as he heard what came out from Taehyun's mouth. The younger boy froze. His face and ears went all red because what he accidentally said. He wanted to dig a hole and hide himself.

 

But it managed to make Mino happy and smile brightly again. "I like you too", he whispered quietly next to Taehyun's red ear. Taehyun just mouthed 'I know' and didn't say anything more.



 

-----

 

 

 

Everything was back to normal, except Taehyun sometimes would join the music club with Seungyoon. Mino could feel He was closer to Taehyun, but at the same time he could still feel the distance between them. They mostly spent their lunch breaks together, or sometimes just being lazy on the rooftop together. Taehyun had told him that it was the place that he could be relax and forget about whatever was bothering him.

 

Taehyun usually just laid down and talked softly about how much he like to be there. Taehyun wasn't talkative, so to be able to hear him like that made Mino's heart warm. The place was indeed quiet and peaceful, just like Taehyun described, so different from his usual atmosphere.

 

Mino liked to be with people. He was always with his friends, having a good time with them. So being with Taehyun like that was something new and he didn't hate it at all, as long as he was with the boy next to him.

 

Other than that, Taehyun spent more time with his friend, who happened to be Seungyoon. Mino knew the guy. He was popular for being a good singer and guitarist.

 

"He sings really well", said Taehyun, while they were heading to Mino's home. Recently, the topic Taehyun talked would be about music, the songs he was working on with Seungyoon, and how good Seungyoon was.

 

"So you two are close now?", Mino asked with a teasingly smile. It was nice to see Taehyun enjoying his high-school life. Mino was glad that Taehyun finally had some friends in the same class, even though he heard the name 'Seungyoon' too often from the boy's mouth. The older boy assume he was probably Taehyun's only friend in class, so he tried not to be jealous and acted like a cool and understanding future (he hoped) boyfriend.

 

"I guess", the younger boy shrugged as he faintly smiled. "His music is good and he is fun to be with", Mino forced a smile and nodded, even though he felt a slightly tightness in his chest.

 

They finally arrived at Mino place, it was quiet because everyone was not back. It had been something they did after school, came straight back home and played video games, finished their homeworks, or just to spend time together.

 

What Mino was very happy about was Taehyun allowed him to, well, do some skinship.

 

"I like being with you like this", Mino whispered as he had his head laying on Taehyun's lap. The younger boy chuckled shyly. Mino liked the way Taehyun looked from where he was. He was so happy when he said he was sleepy and Taehyun offered him to sleep on his lap. Taehyun might be joking but Mino did it anyway, and Taehyun didn't resist.

 

"Hyung, I...", Taehyun didn't even finished his sentence when Mino suddenly spoke,

 

"Call my name", he stared at the younger boy as his arms wrapped around the boy's waist.

 

Taehyun had a confuse expression. His eyebrows raised up a bit just the way Mno liked. He looked even cuter when he asked innocently, "What? Why so sudden?"

 

"You never call my name. I want to hear it", the older boy pouted, trying to be cute like a little baby sulking at his parent.

 

"I do call your...", again , Taehyun's words were interrupted by his senior.

 

"No, you don't! Come on~ Just call my name~ And make it sweet", Mino smiled a bit as he could see the boy was embarrassed by his reddened ears. He sat up and face the boy blushing hard. Taehyun was extremely cute when he was shy.

 

"No!",

 

"Why not? Come on, Taehyunie! It's not that hard",

 

"I don't want to",

 

"Can I kiss you?", Mino suddenly said it and it startle the boy a bit. He looked at Mino with widened eyes. Mino was thinking should he say he was joking, but he decided not to.

 

"I guess", the younger boy answered quietly, staring at the floor.

 

"You are so cute", Mino chuckled then moved closer to Taehyun and kissed him sweetly on those red lips. He could feel even with his eyes closed that the boy was smiling.

 

"Mino-hyung", he whispered softly, more like a whine and It sounded rather y than sweet. Mino wouldn't stop his hands from being around Taehyun's waist if Danah wasn't back. Unfortunately, or luckily, that Danah came back when they had parted. It would be extremely awkward if Danah came in and found two men kissing and one of them was her brother.

 

Danah didn't seem to know what was going on between the two boys. She thought they were just close friends, even though she occasionally brother about his affection towards Taehyun, which she had no idea it was true.

 

They had dinner together. It was fun and they had a great time together.

 

"Oppa, what are you gonna do when you finish high-school?", Danah asked as they were finishing their cups of pudding. Taehyun suddenly was concern about the topic. It meant they won't be able to spend their time together like they were.

 

"I'm gonna be a rapper! With Jiho and Jihoon. We've already talked about it", Mino answered proudly. Danah seemed excited to hear that. She also liked rap, Taehyun guessed from seeing her sometimes rhyming with her brother.

 

The younger boy sat quietly and looked at the two siblings enjoying their conversation. He didn't want to imagine how school would be like without Mino, even though he had some friends now, but still, they couldn't compare to Mino.

 

When Mino and Taehyun were walking to the bus stop, to see Taehyun off, the younger boy was strangely quiet.

 

"Are you alright?", he asked when he could sense something was bugging the boy's mind. Taehyun just shook his head in reply. Mino learned that he would never get an answer when Taehyun was like that so he didn't bother asking. He wanted to talked about what happen earlier too, that Taehyun let him kiss him. But it might be something Taehyun was thinking about so put that away, it could wait.

 

"You know, it must be nice if we could be in the same band", The older boy spoke as they were waiting for the bus stop.

 

"I don't rap", Taehyun was confused and amused with the idea the boy came up with. But it made him felt better after he heard Mino talked about his future that both of them would still be together.

 

"I know you don't", Mino chuckled. "Well, I mean like being in an idol group or something. It has both rapper and vocalist, right?"

 

Actually it wasn't a bad idea at all, even though it was what Taehyun had never thought of. He thought about being an artist or a model, but music was always like his hobby.

 

"I don't know, hyung. I don't think I am that good", Taehyun touched his lips as he answered hesitantly.

 

"You are good. Come on! Be confident!", Mino tried to encourage the boy by patting his back gently. "You will do good. I believe in you." If they weren't outside, Mino swore he would kiss his boy to cheer him up. Seeing those eyebrows dropping so low made him feel sad even those made him super cute.

 

"Hyung, don't lie. You've never heard me sing before", Taehyun was grateful about what Mino said to cheer him up, but he wasn't that good at singing. "Seungyoon said I still cannot hit some  high notes and I need to practice more", he added.

 

Mino raised his eyebrows. Seungyoon indeed had a lot of influence towards his Taehyun.

 

"You always talk about him", Mino's tone became colder, and Taehyun noticed it. He knew Mino was jealous but Seungyoon was his friend, only friend, that he actually liked to be with.

 

"We are friends", Taehyun stated. He didn't want Mino to get the wrong idea and made him felt uncomfortable to be with his classmate. Mino didn't seem to be convinced. He just stood quietly, not even bother to looked at Taehyun who was looking towards him.

 

"Hyung, I know you are upset about me being close to Seungyoon. I swear there is nothing between us", Taehyun tried to fix the situation. He didn't want Mino to be upset, but he also still wanted to be friends with Seungyoon.

 

"You always say I should have more friends and why are you being like this?", Taehyun could feel his anger slowly built up when he saw Mino just snorted after what he had said.

 

"And you have a lot of friends why can't I have some too!?", Taehyun raised his voice up. Talking, or more like arguing about this topic reminded him of when he had to be alone because the beloved Mino was with his hundreds of friends. Mino continued to keep his mouth shut and it made Taehyun more pissed.

 

"You are selfish", Taehyun fastened his steps to go up the bus without saying his goodbye to  Mino. He was too pissed off and Mino was too, because he just turned backwards and walked back home.



 

-----



 

It took Mino an hour for him to realize how stupid and selfish he was with Taehyun. Indeed the boy had changed into a good way because of him. He should be grateful that Taehyun finally had a friend he was comfortable with. But when he thought about how he used to be Taehyun's only friend, it hurt a bit to know that the boy's attention had to be shared with some popular and handsome boy.

 

And the other reason was he knew exactly how Taehyun's charm worked. He was attracted to boys as much as girls. Despite his feminine look, it might be only from his point of view, but what if other boys found him cuter too? So, that was why he didn't want to trust that Kang Seungyoon.

 

Mino reached to his phone and started typing, sending texts to Taehyun.


 

Hey

I'm sorry about what happened.

I was being selfish.


 

Taehyun read the messages but didn't answer. Mino suddenly felt scared. What if Taehyun wanted to stop being with him? The boy already had a friend to be with.  He started chewing his bottom lip, being paranoid.


 

Taehyun. Please answer me.

I'm really sorry.

I promise it won't happen again.


 

He sighed and stopped his attempt to make the other boy reply him. His action earlier was stupid and he supposed to be punished. He put his phone on the table and rubbed his eyes, they started to feel hot. His eyes got teary. He hoped Taehyun was just mad, and after tomorrow or a few days everything would be as good as before.

 

But unfortunately, Taehyun didn't show up nor contact him like he usually did. Mino started to get seriously worried. He went to the younger boy's classroom to find out that he was with Seungyoon at the music center. Mino wasn't sure should he follow the boy, because he wouldn't be happy seeing Seungyoon too.

 

He fished out his phone and sent Taehyun texts again.


 

Hey

Where are you?

I want to see you

Are you still mad at me?

I'm really sorry

Please answer me...


 

Again, Taehyun read it but still no replies. Mino wanted to cry right there. He felt worse. He destroyed it.

 

"Hyung! What's up? you are here to see Taehyun?", a voice called him and Mino knew exactly who. Bobby approached him with his usual cheerful vibe. The boy's smile faded after he could see his senior was about to cry. "What's wrong? Did you guys fight?", he looked inside Taehyun's classroom and turned back to Mino when he couldn't find him.

 

Mino slightly nodded. He looked so bad that Bobby had to dragged him out because people were starting to look at them.

 

"Taehyun is ignoring me", he spoke as soon as they were alone. Drops of tear ran down his cheeks. Bobby was surprised to learn that the hyung was kind of a crybaby, "And he's always with that Kang Seungyoon and I don't like it."

 

Bobby mouthed 'oh'. He could exactly related to that, like when Taehyun was attached to Mino. He didn't know what to do so he just patted on the senior's back.

 

"It's okay, hyung. Taehyun likes you", Mino didn't say anything and leaned his forehead against the wall. "Just give him a day or two. He might still be mad at you today", Bobby tried his best to comfort the older boy. But then he just stood quietly.

 

After five minutes of facing the wall, Mino had calmed down a bit, but still depress. He sighed and decided to go back to class. He turned to Bobby to thank him for the company but he was shocked when he found Taehyun instead of Bobby.

 

"I didn't know you are a crybaby", he was smiling, leaning his back against the wall, his arm crossed. "You look ugly when you cry", he continued his mockery and Mino wasn't mad at all. He hugged the boy as soon as he realized what was happening was real.

 

"Taehyun-ah! Are you teasing me!?", he cried out angrily, but only his voice. In his mind he was so happy to see the younger boy again. "Why didn't you reply my texts?"

 

"I just wanna know what will happen if I don't reply them", he smiled. It was Taehyun's habit to try things. Mino knew he liked to experiment things but that was beyond his thought. He thought he was dumped. Taehyun patted on Mino's back gently and started it slowly to comfort him. "I'm sorry. I'm not mad at you anymore", he spoke softly next to Mino's ear.

 

"Whoa, umm, hey", a voice came from behind Taehyun and Mino could see who was the owner of that voice, the Kang Seungyoon guy that caused their stupid fight.

 

Mino hugged Taehyun tighter. He wanted Seungyoon to know that Taehyun belonged to him, well, at least for him. He didn't care anymore, he could be called gay or whatever. The strange thing was Taehyun didn't push him away, instead he lowered his hand to be on Mino's waist.

 

"Hyung, I told Seungyoon about us", Taehyun said quietly.

 

Mino was surprised. Taehyun never wanted anyone to know about them, but he told Seungyoon about it. He was both happy and anxious at the same time. His eyebrows tied up. "What... Really?", Taehyun nodded.

 

"Taehyun and I were just doing music together, hyung. Don't worry. And I already have a girlfriend", he smiled brightly. "I am sure that this guy was gay", Seungyoon mockingly tilted his head at Taehyun, who was glaring at him. "But you, hyung, I didn't expect you to like guys", Seungyoon said with a serious tone even though he was smiling slightly.

 

The guy was talkative and easy to be with. Mino then understand why he was so popular. Kang Seungyoon was friendly, good looking, talented, and perfect, if Mino could added one more word to describe him.

 

"I'm sorry, that I didn't trust you", Mino confessed shyly. They were now at the cafeteria together for lunch.

 

"Yeah. You would probably be the only one who would date this guy", Seungyoon mocked Taehyun and he got kicked at his foot under the table. Mino laughed.

 

"I hope I was the only one", he smiled. And he could see that Taehyun was blushing. Then he realized what Seungyoon had said. His sparkly eyes widened, also his smile, "he told you we are dating?"

 

"Yeah. Why? Is he lying?", Seungyoon asked with his humour.

 

"No. He's not lying", Mino smiled brightly again. He looked at Taehyun who was staring so hard at the onion in his food. "You're quiet", Mino asked Taehyun, who was probably being shy.

 

"Why? You want me to say we should break up?", the younger boy's face was totally red. Mino laughed.

 

"No. Please don't break up with me", he sweetly said it.

 

"You guys can just ignore me. It's okay", Seungyoon shrugged and continued to chew his food. So they just sat quietly. Taehyun was red and tried to be expressionless. Mino was smiling like a mad man.


 

-----


 

"You told him we're dating", Mino couldn't leave the fact that Taehyun finally accepted they were together. He had been saying the same sentence for the fourth time already. They were together again at the rooftop. The weather was a bit too cold but he could ignore it. Mino was resting his head on Taehyun's lap, staring at the beutiful face that he loved the most. "You told him we're dating", the fifth, still with his smile on his face.

 

"Yes. Why don't you write a song about it", Taehyun started to get annoyed. Mino seemed to be very happy, too happy. Well, he was happy that his boyfriend was happy, but he was annoying. His sarcasm just made him more, or less annoyed when Mino gently pulled him down and kissed his lips softly. He replied with a smile,

 

"I will."





 

.