Chapter 11

From zero to hundred

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

11




 

Mino could feel someone was touching his hair gently. That person's fingers ran through his black locks around his ear. He could smell something bitter but also sweet, the scent that had been lost for so long. He missed it. He was also familiar with the touch. He whispered the name of that person, and a soft voice responded to his call.

 

He smiled while his eyes were still close. The soft hands were now on his face, cupping his cheeks so dearly. Mino liked that feeling, no, he missed that feeling, the feeling of being loved by the person he loved. The soft yet deep voice whispered next to his ears, "I love you", was pleasant but somehow painful.

 

He tried to open his eyes. He wanted to see the person who made his heart raced. But a pair of hands was covering his eyes, all he could see was darkness.

 

"Please... Let me look at you", Mino begged. He touched the hands that were on his face. He tried to take it off but his hand was out of strength. He could barely moved it.

 

"You can't", that person replied him with his soft voice.

 

Mino didn't understand why. He begged desperately for that person to free his vision. He really needed to look into those pretty eyes, to see those beautiful lips moved when his name was called. "Please..."

 

"If you open your eyes, you will forget about me", Mino could feel the hot breath of the opposite person coming closer. "You will forget about me. I don't want that to happen", that voice trembled, also the pale hands that were covering his eyes.

 

Mino was confused. He had no idea what that person was saying. Some strength was back to his hand and he tried to take that hand off again. "I won't forget about you. Please, let me look at you... I miss you so much", Mino begged again.

 

He could hear that person was sobbing. And it made him more eager to see that pretty face. And finally, he could take off that person's hand and open his eyes. Everything was so bright. He tried to focus his vision, to find that nobody was there with him. It was a dream. He could still feel the pain in his chest. He tried hard to think who that person was but none came into his mind, so he gave up. He woke up quite early and started his regular morning almost like everyday.

 

The person in his dream was forgotten.

 

He looked at himself in the mirror. It had been many years and Mino had grown up to be an adult. He had both good and bad memories, some were remembered and some were forgotten, like the person in his dream. And soon enough, he would forget about that dream too.

 

He continued his life as a underground rapper and he was happy with the way things were. He had his friends, no girlfriend though, they broke up a year ago, and even fans that would scream his name when he stood on the stage. He smiled at his reflection, telling himself that that day it would also be a good day.

 

Mino called his friend, Jiho, and they agreed to meet at a restaurant nearby to grab some food. It was a simple Korean food and they did enjoy it since it was their favourite place.

 

"Hey, have you ever dreamed about someone and you know, umm well, you know this person in your dream, but you have no idea who he is in real life?", Mino spoke as both of them were walking to the club Mino would be performing that night.

 

"I don't know. Maybe?", Jiho answered without much interest. They walked passed a music shop that were playing an american hip-hop music and both of them started to move creatively. He danced along with the music and having Jiho laughed at his funny moves. They were just simply fooling around until Mino bumped onto someone who was walking on the street.

 

"Oh, I'm sor....", he was going to apologize but he couldn't finish the word. The person who he bumped into was someone he used to know during high school. He froze as his memory slowly rushed back to his brain.

 

"Mino-hyung?", he spoke and Mino was sure he didn't mistaken. The person in front of him was Kang Seungyoon, a junior from high school.

 

"Wow! How many years have it been!", Seungyoon cried out happily and hugged him. Mino didn't know what to do. Not just the memory about Seungyoon was back, but also Taehyun. He was able to put a smile on his face and hugged Seungyoon back.

 

"Yeah, it has been many years", Mino answered faintly. Suddenly he was lost of words. He didn't know what to say because the memory of Taehyun was making him a bit uncomfortable. But Seungyoon didn't seemed to notice.

 

"What are you doing around here, Hyung? You are here to audition?" asked Seungyoon, with a surprising look on his face.

 

"Audition? No I'm not. I'm here to see the place I'm going to perform tonight. What is this audition you are talking about?", Mino answered quietly. He was a bit curious about the audition that Seungyoon mentioned.

 

"I thought you are here to audition, since YG is around here. YG is your style isn't it? Hip-hop and stuff", Seungyoon spoke and he pointed the direction towards the company. "You might be scouted at the club tonight, hyung. I heard they are looking for rappers."

 

Mino was interested, but he didn't really want to continue talking to Seungyoon. To be with Seungyoon meant that he had to deal with the memory he wanted to forget about. The man knew about him and Taehyun so he would probably asked about them.

 

"Thanks, but we have to go now. See you around then?", Jiho spoke as Mino was standing quietly, thinking about the person whom he just remembered.

 

"Okay, hyung! See you around then", the younger one smiled and walked towards where he said his company was.

 

"Dude, are you okay?", Jiho asked while he pat on Mino's back a couple of time. Mino just nodded, and hoped Jiho wouldn't know that he was not okay. "No, you are not", but his friend knew perfectly what was happening.

 

"You won't meet him again. It will be fine."

 

It didn't.


 

-----


 

Every song he heard that night reminded him of Taehyun. It reminded him about everything that had happened between them years ago. When he was on stage, everything was great except when he looked into the crowd, it felt empty for him. Something was missing, someone was missing, Taehyun, was missing.

 

He could remember the first time Taehyun came to see him performed. He remembered no matter how many times, he would see Nam Taehyun in the crowd, screaming his name, jumping, cheering for him. But at that moment it was so empty, even the crowd was bigger, the scream was louder, but it was so empty without Taehyun.

 

He did manage to forget everything about the younger one, but it was back again and it hit him hardly. He need to forget again. It was too painful, not because Taehyun left him, but because of the guilt. He was a coward, he admitted. He knew he was the one to blame, and he wanted to forget about it. Mino drank as much as he could, just to forget about everything that was happening. But it didn't help, he kept thinking about the night when they played Taehyun's kissing game. He drank more to forget about how much he missed the bittersweet kisses.

 

-----



 

Mino was so drunk he couldn't even hold himself to stand straight. He didn't remember much, other than the shots that were handed to him by people he couldn't tell who they are, it was completely blank. He could hear loud music from outside the room, and he was lying on a not-so-comfortable leather sofa. He groaned as he was conscious again.

 

Suddenly he could smell a sweet scent near him and someone sat down on the floor next to the sofa, next to him. A hand touched his hair gently, swiping it off from his eyes. It was warm and Mino felt comfortable. He could feel his hair was combed dearly by hand. It reminded him of the dream he had that morning. But the scent was different from what he remembered. The scent next to him was so sweet and alluring. But it was certainly some kind of cologne. The scent in his dream was natural, a scent that was a human scent, mixed with the light bitter smell of cigarettes.

 

His eyes shot opened when he remembered who was the person in his dream, and he was sitting in front of him.

 

"Do you feel better now?", he asked with a slight smile. His pale hand still touching his hair. Mino didn't know what to say, didn't know what to feel, didn't know how to react.

 

Was it because of the alcohol or it was real?

 

"You want to throw up?", he asked again, with his droopy eyebrows went up higher. Mino shook his head and looked around to see where he was. They were alone in a room, at the back of the club. When he could locate where, his eyes went back to Nam Taehyun.

 

He looked so beautiful, just like before. He looked mature, but somehow the same. He wore a black leather jacket over a white t-shirt, just like that night, even though the jacket had a different design. Mino couldn't take his eyes off of the person in front of him. Many feelings were happening all at one time.

 

"Here", Taehyun handed him a bottle of water. Mino took it and slowly sat up, opened the cap of that bottle and drank directly from it.

 

"Thanks", was Mino's first word after he woke up. It was a bit awkward to see Taehyun again, because of what he had done. Mino was thinking so hard how to apologize to Taehyun but his thought was interrupted by the younger one's soft voice.

 

"You were cool, your performance", he smiled again. Mino could feel his cheeks burning. His smile was as pretty as the last time he saw it.

 

"Thanks",

 

"You're not going to say anything other than 'thanks' are you?", Taehyun chuckled, and he stood up. His figure was still perfect, his waist, his hips, everywhere that Mino used to touch, he wanted to touch it again. He shook his head to wash away the thoughts, probably because of the alcohol in his blood.

 

"I have to go now. Will you be here tomorrow too?", Mino shook his head, and for some reason it made Taehyun smiled again. "When will I see you again?", the question made Mino more and more confused. What was Taehyun trying to do? Why did he still want to see him after what he had done? He must be frowning, because Taehyun leaned in and touched between his brows.

 

"You don't want to see me anymore?", he asked, seemed like he lost a bit of his confident. Mino shook his head again.

 

"I... I'm not sure...", his voice was shaking a bit. Everything was so confusing for him.

 

Taehyun stared at him for a few seconds before he leaned down and kissed Mino on the lips. It was so light, but Mino could feel that Taehyun was also shaking. Mino was too shocked to respond, he sat still, eyes wide. It lasted for less than a second and Taehyun parted himself. He smiled, bitterly, and left without saying a word.



 

-----



 

Mino felt strange when he woke up the next morning. We was on his bed and couldn't remember how he got there. He looked around his room and found his friend sleeping on the floor. Mino slowly sat up and the pain at his head made him fell down to his bed again. A terrible hangover, not that he didn't expect it to happen. He groaned as he covered his face with his blanket, and that was when Jiho, his friend, woke up.

 

"What's the time?" Jiho asked drowsily as he crawled towards Mino's bed and climbed up onto it. Headache was too terrible for Mino to push his friend away from his bed. Jiho had his arm over Mino's belly and started talking, more like mumbling.

 

"Are you okay now?" He asked, while his eyes were still closed. Mino didn't understand, he was clearly not okay. He groaned and slightly shook his head.

 

"Dude, you must love him very much." And that made him realized Jiho wasn't talking about his hangover.

 

"What do you mean?" Mino asked, finally opening his eyes to see Jiho lying next to him.

 

"You were drunk and crying so hard last night. I had to carry you back here and all the way back you kept saying 'I'm sorry', and 'I love you', so I guess it's about Taehyun right?" He explained while his eyes were still closed. His lips barely opened but Mino managed to understand what his friend was saying.

 

He didn't know what to say. He didn't remember much, but he remembered that he missed Taehyun. He had a dream about the younger one again. He could feel his eyes tearing up so he closed his eyes and turned his back to Jiho.

 

He missed Taehyun. He really did. He wished that what happened wasn't a dream, or it was real? He wasn't sure about it. But how could Taehyun found him? Did Seungyoon told him? Or it was their fate. Whatever it was, he hoped that Taehyun would find him again, and the next time he would say what he had to.


 

-----


 

Mino decided to go back home to visit his parents and Danah. He missed them and since he had not seen them for months, he should pay a visit. And maybe they could help him about his sore heart.

 

His mother and Danah greeted him warmly and happily as always. He hugged them so tight and realized how much he missed home. His room was filled with things that no one was using, "but the bed's still there and you can still sleep on it", said Mino's mom. He couldn't help but laughed and ended up cleaning his dusty room a bit just for him to stay for a night or two.

 

He threw himself on the clean bed Danah just changed the bedsheet for him. Mino sighed, feeling relax for the first time in years.

 

"Our school has changed so much after we graduated, you know that?", Danah sat on the bed right next to his legs. "Let's go check it out together, tomorrow", she spoke cheerfully and Mino agreed.

 

"Let's go to the bakery too. I miss that place", and they both agreed to have breakfast together at the bakery first, and school second.


 

The shop was filled with students as it was used to be, it never changed. Mino was having a great time having breakfast with his sister. They talked about how their lives were during high school. And of course Taehyun was one of the topics they were talking about.

 

"You were so close to him. I wonder what he's up to now", Danah spoke while she looked at the students happily walking to school.

 

"Yeah. I want to know too", Mino felt sad all of a sudden. He remembered how they spent their time together in that bakery, the first time he saw Taehyun's smile, or the first time they see each other without their uniforms. He smiled when he thought of how those cute droopy eyebrows would go up when he laughed.

 

"I really miss him",

 

"Isn't that why you came back home and agreed to visit the school with me?", Danah was grinning, looking at her lost brother. She was teasing just like before.

 

"Yeah, I guess you are right", Mino admitted it. Danah seemed to be surprised for a bit. She took a sip of her peach tea while her eyes still observing her brother's lost expression.

 

"And you did like him too, right?",

 

"... Yeah. I did", Danah was really shocked after she heard her brother confessed. She had been teasing her brother for a whole year and she had no idea it was real.

 

"So... Did he like you too? I mean, you two were very close...you were dating, right?", Mino just nodded. He was feeling too guilty to say that they used to be together.

 

"But he probably hates me now...", the older man sighed. He told his sister about how they became apart from each other, how it had ended.

 

"That was horrible... Oppa, you're supposed to apologize",

 

"I know. I wanted to, but he changed his number, and I didn’t know where he lived. I tried to contact him, Danah. I swear I did", Mino had both of his hands covering his face. His sister was staring at him. She was probably mad because of his carelessness.

 

"Whatever. It's over already. What can we do?", she shrugged. "Come on, finish your coffee and let's go to school or we’ll be late!", she teased, trying to light up her brother's mood. Mino smiled and drank all his coffee.



 

They walked to school together, along with the students. They talked and laughed about how they were late for school and had to be punished, about the subject or teacher they liked the most, the cafeteria menu, and many other things that made Mino think about Taehyun even more.

 

The time when he was sick and they first kissed in the infirmary.

The time when both of them were alone together on the rooftop, and how Taehyun would say he was cold, then Mino would offer him a hug.

The time when they had lunch together, sometimes alone, sometimes with their friends.

The time when one of them would wait for each other just to walk to the bus stop together.

 

So many memories they had shared together in their school. Mino swore if he could turn back time they would never be apart. He would make everything perfect and forever.

 

Or at least, one last chance, to see Taehyun and make things right between them.

 

Danah went to see her former club, so Mino did to. Mino was standing in front of the art club activity room. It was quiet inside, so probably nobody was there.

 

He reached out his hand to opened the door, and the thought of seeing the boy, the person who made that place special for him. He opened the door a bit too loud because he was nervous.

 

The room had one person in it and that person was his old teacher. They greeted and hugged warmly as they had not seen each other for years. The picture that he drew was still on the wall, the picture of Taehyun. He asked his teacher whether he could have it back and the older man said yes, he would have someone take it down for him and he could come and fetch it before he go back home. Mino agreed and he went to see his former homeroom teacher and others. Mino liked the feeling. He missed the time when he could be carefree, fooling around all day with his friends.

 

And of course he wouldn't forget to visit the rooftop. It was unlocked, and also empty. Mino could smell a slight bitter smell of tobaccos and it reminded him of Taehyun. The smell that mixed with the boy's sweet scent. He missed it.

 

The breeze was cold so he decided to leave the place and go get the drawing. Someone did took it down for him but it was missing. Mino asked the students in that room, a girl said "the owner came and took it just now."

 

"The owner? I am the owner", he was confused and started to get mad that somebody took his drawing and even claimed to be the owner.

 

"But he looked exactly like the drawing so I thought it was his...", the young girl seemed to be confused too.

 

Mino froze. Did she told him Taehyun was there and he took the drawing?

 

"W-where did he go?", his heart was racing. Was it possible that they were there at the same day, same time, he wondered. The girl shook her head.

 

"I don't know... But he just went out before you came", and that was when Mino ran out from the art club room to look for Taehyun.


 

Every student was in their class, so it must be easy for Mino to find Taehyun, he told himself. He was searching every place he thought it was possible for Taehyun to be there, his classroom, the cafeteria, the infirmary, and the rooftop again, but he couldn't find the younger one.

 

He was tired for running around the school. He bent down had his hands on his knees, resting his tired lungs. He slowly walked down the stairs from the rooftop and now he was at the senior's floor. Mino could see that his former classroom was empty. The students probably had to change their room at that period.

 

So Mino walked to his classroom. He missed the time when he had Jiho and Jihoon with him all the time. He missed when he had so many friends and how he lived his life freely.

 

He slided the door open and stepped inside, a figure was standing at his former seat, at the back of the room. At first he expected that figure to be Taehyun, but it turned out to be just a student. She looked surprised to see an outsider so Mino apologized and told her he used to study here.

 

"Oh... So you are with the other mister? He was here about five minutes ago", Mino looked confused so she explained. "Earlier when I came in there was a man here and he told me he used to be a student here too.. So I guess you two are friends?", Mino could see that the girl was blushing while she talked about that person.

 

"Where did he go?", Mino asked and the girl just shook her head.

 

It was hopeless. Mino couldn't find Taehyun.

 

He decided to leave the school but Danah was still at her club so he waited for her at the front gate. Mino looked at the park nearby their school, and he saw a man sitting on a swing. His eyes were closed, and swinging slowly.

 

Taehyun.

 

Just like when they first met.



 

-----



 

The night they first met again Taehyun was walking along the street, on his way back from university to his apartment. He became a geology student. It was a surprise for his friends because everyone thought he would be a model, singer, or an artist.

 

"All of that reminds me of him", said Taehyun, with his teary eyes. His voice was shaking as he was rubbing his own palm, trying to calm down. Seungyoon was the one who made him say why he chose to study geology instead of art or music.

 

Taehyun was heartbroken, and Seungyoon knew everything. He patted on his friend's shoulder and said nothing more. Seungyoon had tried everything to make Taehyun feel better but it was useless, all he could do was sitting next to Taehyun.


 

His pain was slowly healed by time. He felt much better after he did nothing about art and music, but he still kept in touch with Seungyoon, even though the man reminded him so much of his past lover. But Seungyoon was a great friend and he didn't want to lose anyone precious again.

 

He didn't know why he decided to enter that club, that hip-hop club he had always avoided. Maybe because it would remind him of Mino, and he wanted to proof that his broken heart was mended. He chose to walk into that club and it was a wrong yet right decision.

 

His heart was pounding along with the rhythm from the huge speaker, and even louder when he saw the man on the stage, rapping with his deep and fierce voice. The audience was screaming and cheering for him, just like in the past. Mino had grown up a lot, well, he did too. Taehyun didn't want to be spotted so he sat at the bar, and watched the man from far distance that he was sure Mino could not see him.

 

He was cool. Everybody in the room probably had the same thought. The crowd was screaming the group's name after they had finished their performance. Taehyun was a bit surprised to see the man there. There was so much he didn't know about him after he had graduated from high school.

 

So he was there, as an underground rapper. To be honest, Taehyun thought he looked ier than to be an idol that he used to talk about. He didn't need to act nice and polite all the time, he could be rude, wild, and y as hell.

 

Taehyun took a shot while he was observing Mino, who was in the middle of the crowd, dancing his soul out and also drinking. His hands held something that could make him drunk, and he seemed willing to be. He looked sad, like he was drinking to forget something, Taehyun wondered was he the reason behind.

 

And Mino was dead drunk after an hour, as Taehyun expected. He secretly followed Mino, who was carried by his friends, who Taehyun remembered one of them was Jiho. They brought him to the back of the club. He was tossed on an old leather sofa. Taehyun waited outside until Mino's friends came out and left him alone, then he went inside.

 

Taehyun could feel something that was long lost inside his body. He felt warm, and hot, looking at the man who was sleeping.

 

He slowly sat down next to the sofa, carefully touched the unconscious man's hair. He gently put Mino's hair away from his face just for him to have a clear view of it. And he realized how much he missed the view.

 

Taehyun smiled as he saw his brows untied, he looked more calm and comfortable. He continued to run his fingers between the black locks.

 

And suddenly Mino opened his eyes. Taehyun was startled. He didn't expect Mino to wake up so soon. He tried to smile, had not pulled his hand back.

 

"Are you feeling better?", Taehyun asked softly. The look on Mino's face made his heart hurt as he looked like he didn't want to see him. But he managed to keep his smile, even though he was  forcing.

 

Mino didn't say a word, he just stared at Taehyun.

 

"You want to throw up?", he asked again, just to fill the silence between them. Mino shook his head. He looked confused and lost. He looked around the room and fix his gaze back at Taehyun, so he offered the older man a bottle of water that he brought with him. He intended to left the bottle and a note for Mino, to tell him how cool he was, anonymously. But Mino woke up before he did any of that so he just directly gave it to the man.

 

"Thanks", his deep voice was now talking to him. The voice that he used to listen everyday and night. The voice that still made his heartbeat changed.

 

"You were cool, your performance", Taehyun smiled again, and he wasn't forcing. It felt nice to see Mino again, to hear his voice again.

 

"Thanks", Mino awkwardly spoke. He always looked cute when he was nervous, Taehyun thought.

 

"You're not going to say anything other than 'thanks' are you?", Taehyun giggled, then stood up when he saw the time on his watch. He had morning class tomorrow.

 

"I have to go now. Will you be here tomorrow too?", Mino shook his head, and it made the younger one smiled because of the lost look on his face. Taehyun wanted to see Mino again, of course, if Mino wanted to. "When will I see you again?", Taehyun asked again, and he hoped to hear Mino answered when, but he had to be disappointed.

 

Mino frowned and he felt stupid for asking such thing. It was impossible for Mino to still feel the same way, or at least still want to be friends. He was stupid to hope for such things.

 

But he wanted to make sure, if Mino still wanted to see him, no matter with what feeling was, he would be fine with it. He just needed to make sure.

 

"You don't want to see me anymore?",

 

"I... I'm not sure...",

 

And Taehyun was sure, Mino didn't want to see him anymore. He need to leave the room before he couldn't control his tears. But would he ever see Mino again?

 

Before he realized his body already bent down to meet his lips with Mino's ones. It was a light kiss and he hoped Mino didn't notice his trembling. He parted himself off, looked at Mino for the last time and then left the room.

 

That  would definitely be the last time, he told himself. What was the chance of accidentally seeing Mino again?

 

His tears rolled down as soon as he came out, and he couldn't control it, also his heart.



 

-----


 

Taehyun went to class the next day, like he usually did. He wanted to forget about how stupid he was last night, and how wrong it was when he thought he didn't have feelings for the man anymore.

 

It was all gloomy around him, and he was alone all day, just like his highschool days. He sat alone during his class, he ate alone, studied alone, walked alone. He was alone, and all he could think of was Mino and the way the man had changed his life.

 

He missed when they first talked to each other. It was the worst, he knew. But he could also remember the silly smile on his senior's face. It made him smile too. He still remembered that first drawing that was drawn by Mino. He wished he could see it again. He missed the first time they kissed. It was nothing like it. He missed the embrace Mino would give him after . They would cuddle under the warm blanket and Mino would say silly things or talk about his future plans.

 

Taehyun asked himself why he could remember so much about the older man. Why did he still have the same feelings he had during high school. The answer was surprisingly easy, but he refused to say it.

 

A song interrupted his thoughts and it was a sound from his phone. The screen showed the name 'Rock star Seungyoon' on it. Yes, Seungyoon had become famous, no wonder, since he was so talented and good looking. Both of them still kept in touch. Sometimes Taehyun would call him and just like that moment, Seungyoon called him.

 

"Hey", Taehyun picked up the call and the voice from the flat device was not as cheerful as it used to be.

 

"Hey. Is everything ok?", Taehyun was concerned. Seungyoon had been cheerful almost all the time when he call. There must be something wrong. They were best friends and Taehyun was sure he knew his friend well.

 

"Yeah. Let's have a drink tonight. I want to talk to you about something", it made Taehyun curious. He wasn't in the mood to drink but Seungyoon probably need it so he said okay. They agreed to stay at Taehyun's apartment, as Seungyoon said 'It'd be better for a quiet place to talk', so things were settled.




 

Taehyun had prepared the drinks and snacks and he also cleaned up a bit, the place was already clean but still. Taehyun's apartment wasn't big but also wasn't to small for one person to live. He had a lot of books and maps placed on the wall, also some beautiful landscape photograph. In that room had nothing about art or music. It was completely different from how his room was during high school.

 

And when the doorbell rang Taehyun rushed to greet his friend. Surprisingly Seungyoon wasn't that gloomy as he expect. He was perfectly normal. He bought some food and booze too.

 

"Are you okay?", Taehyun asked as Seungyoon came into the room and placed the plastic bags he was holding on the table.

 

"Yeah? Why?", of course he knew why. He always acted like he knew nothing and wanted Taehyun to directly say it.

 

"You didn't sound well before. So I thought you're stressed or something but it seems like you are completely fine here", Taehyun crossed his arms and looked at Seungyoon who was giggling.

 

"Well, I was tired when I called you. Sorry. I didn't think It'd make you worry", he smiled and placed himself on the sofa with a bottle of beer. "We need to talk, Taehyun. You might not like what I'm about to tell you", suddenly his friend sounded serious and he was very focused on what his friend was going to say. In his head he was predicting the worst thing that could happen.

 

"I met Mino-hyung yesterday", Seungyoon looked surprised when he saw Taehyun just mouthed 'Oh' as a response. He probably expected Taehyun to be shocked, like really shocked.

 

"I met him too. And we talked a little....", Taehyun spoke quietly. "And I don't think he wants to see me anymore", he opened a bottle of beer and place himself on the sofa next to Seungyoon.

 

"how did you meet him?", Seungyoon asked. His skinny hand squeezed on his friend's shoulder to console him.

 

"Well, you know the hip-hop club near your company? I went there and he was there last night",

 

"Why did you pick that club at the first place, Taehyun. You have always avoided it?", Seungyoon was right. And Taehyun didn't say anything. He couldn't say what he had in his thought so easily, even with his best friend. Seungyoon seemed to understand.

 

"It's ok. And are you feeling okay?", he took a sip and observed his friend carefully. Taehyun nodded once, and then shook his head.

 

"I don't know. It feels both good and bad to see him again. I'm happy that I met him but I don't think he is", and Taehyun told Seungyoon everything that had happened last night.

 

"He was drunk, Taehyun. Maybe that's why he said that", no matter what Seungyoon said, Taehyun would just shake his head. He lost all the confident he had. The only thing he was certain of was Mino didn't love him anymore.

 

He admitted that his feelings had faded too, but not completely. Mino made him fell in love and how could he stop loving him so easily.

 

"Anyway, how about we go back to our school tomorrow? The teacher wants me to be there to say something for the students in the club. Let's go together", Seungyoon smiled warmly as he pat on Taehyun's back. And Taehyun nodded as an agreement.


 

-----


 

They went to school early in the morning with Seungyoon's car. They passed the bakery shop that Mino liked and Taehyun couldn't help but smile. He remembered when Mino randomly took out his phone and took a picture of him. He wondered Mino still have that picture or not. He remembered the food and drinks that Mino used to order, and how he would enjoy having them.

 

Seungyoon parked his car and went to the music center alone because Taehyun didn't want to go there. The teacher only invited Seungyoon after all.

 

Taehyun went up to the rooftop first. The place was still the same, peaceful and quiet. He smiled as he sat on the spot he used to sit, took out a cigarette and lit it up. It felt nice.

 

He remembered when Mino would kiss him when he was smoking. He also remembered when they skipped class and be up there together, doing nothing but talk and cuddle.

 

It started to get cold so Taehyun rubbed his arms and thought of when Mino would hug him when he said he was cold.

 

Maybe he should leave the place.

 

After he finished his cigarette, he went to the art club. He saw the drawing, Mino's drawing was taken down and being replaced by a new one.

 

"Can I have that?", he asked one of the student. It just came out mindlessly when he thought that drawing might be thrown away. The student probably noticed it was a drawing of Taehyun, so he nodded and wrapped it properly for him.

 

While waiting, he sat where he used to, and he remembered that Mino would always sit next to him. Taehyun loved to look at Mino when he was drawing or painting. He looked so passionate. He smiled and wanted to rest his head on the shoulder that used to be next to his, Mino's shoulder.

 

When he got the package he thanked the student and left the room. He also walked past his former classroom, which was filled with students inside. And lastly, he went to Mino's classroom. Taehyun was glad it was empty. The students probably had class somewhere else.

 

He was standing next to where Mino used to sit. He also remember Jiho and Jihoon's seats. His fingers lightly touched the wooden surface. He imagined that Mino was there, sitting on his seat, talking and smiling happily to him.

 

He was smiling and was deep in his thought. He jumped when he could hear someone opened the door. A girl was standing at the entrance, looking surprised.

 

"Oh... Um, can I help you?", she asked while she slowly approached Taehyun. She looked shy.

 

"I just came here to visit. I used to study here", he explained with a smile and the girl blushed. Of course Taehyun still had his unique charm, and Taehyun was aware of it.

 

She asked a few questions and Taehyun politely answered her, but then he knew he should leave. The other students would return soon.

 

"I have to go now. Bye", said Taehyun and while he was about to leave the door the girl asked for his name. Taehyun just smiled, and said nothing.

 

Seungyoon still had to be in the music center, and Taehyun was bored already. He walked around for a bit and decided to go to the park nearby. He sat on the swing, and it reminded him of his first meeting with Mino. He remembered that Mino was staring at him while he was sitting there. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the peaceful moment. He had always liked the place.

 

While his eyes were closed, he tried to recall everything he could about Mino. He still remembered where Mino lived. He could remember how his room was, how it had the man's scent. He missed him. He wondered if he opened his eyes, would he see who he wanted to see the most?

 

Taehyun sighed. His life wasn't a fairytale. But still, he hoped that when he opened his eyes, Mino would be there, just like when they first met.

 

Mino was there. The man was looking at him. Their eyes met and it lasted for a short while but Taehyun felt like it was the longest moment in his life.

 

He didn't know what to do. Should he leave? Should he say hi? He didn't know what to do. But then Mino walked towards him.




 

-----




 

Taehyun was there. Just like when they first met.

 

"Hey", Taehyun greeted him after a long silence between them. His voice sound the same in Mino's ears, beautiful. The older man smiled and approached him. He could see that Taehyun had a big brown paper package on his lap.

 

"Hey. Is that the drawing from the art club?", Mino asked even though he was sure that it was. Taehyun nodded and looked away.

 

"Umm, I didn't know you were here and I thought they were going to throw it away, so I took it. But you can have it. It's yours anyway", Taehyun spoke casually and handed the package to Mino.

 

"You don't want it?", Mino asked.

 

"I do want it", Taehyun said quietly. "But it's not mine."

 

Mino felt like that was the saddest thing he had ever heard from Taehyun. He didn't like it and it was hurting inside his chest.

 

"It has always been yours, Taehyun-ah...", Taehyun looked away again when Mino stepped closer. "I'm so sorry for what I did to you... I'm really sorry." Mino reached out his hand to hold Taehyun's cold one.

 

Taehyun squeezed the older man's hand and nodded. It was too easy. Mino expected that Taehyun would punch or yell at him but he was quiet. There was nothing but the pressure from his hand. Mino was quiet too, waiting for Taehyun to say something. But he didn't.

 

Mino didn't want it to end so quickly. He sat down on the swing next to Taehyun. Their hands never let go of each other.

 

"So...why are you here? You came here alone?", Mino asked. He really missed Taehyun's voice.

 

Taehyun shook his head, "I'm here with Seungyoon. The teacher wants to see him and he asked me to come with him", Taehyun explained and started swinging slowly again.

 

"It feels nice to be back", he added, looking towards the school.

 

Taehyun turned his head back to see the hand that was holding his hand so tightly.

 

"Taehyun-ah", that sound had always been perfect to his ears. He shifted his gaze back to Mino, who just called his name.

 

"I miss you", he spoke quietly, but it was sincere. Taehyun's heart was beating so fast just like how it had been.

 

"I miss you too, hyung", he smiled. He smiled so much that day, and the reason behind his every smile was the one in front of him. Mino was smiling too.

 

They talked about what they had been doing. Taehyun told Mino about his class and how much he missed art and music. Mino told Taehyun about his too, how he became an underground rapper and how he couldn't be with Jiho and Jihoon.

 

"It must sound selfish but that was when I started missing you...", Mino spoke with a faint smile. "But I couldn't contact you and I didn't know where you lived."

 

He looked at Taehyun sincerely, "And I realized I know so little about you..."

 

"I'm sorry.... I wasn't ready...", said Taehyun, with a sad smile on his face. His eyebrows risen up just like before. Taehyun did change but not all of him. Mino could see that he dressed differently, but the way he talked and his expressions were still the same.

 

"What about now...?", Mino asked while he had the worst answer in his mind. What if Taehyun didn't want him anymore. What if it was too late to make it right between them.

 

If that happened, would he be able to love anyone so much like he had with this beautiful person?

 

"I'll tell you everything", Taehyun lit up the smile on Mino's face again.

 

"Ok. Let's start from where do you live now?", the older man started to swing himself slowly too. He looked up towards the blue sky that suddenly was so beautiful for him.

 

"I live alone now. I rent a room near my university",

 

"Can I visit?",

 

"Whenever you want, hyung",

 

"Even now?"

 

"Even now"

 

"What about Seungyoon?"

 

"He can find his way back home. Don't worry. And your sister?"

 

"She can go back herself. Let's just go! I've wasted so many years already!", Mino raised his voice up a bit and he was being his cheerful self. He felt like he was himself again after many years. That was his place, his self, his everything, when he was with Taehyun. He had not been so alive until then, until he saw the beautiful man in front of him, until he heard the beautiful voice from his lips.

 

It was perfect, and he would remember that moment forever.

 

They stood up together while their fingers were still entwined. Taehyun pulled Mino to make him stepped closer and gave him a tight hug. Mino was surprised but then he knew exactly what he should do . He wrapped his arms around the slim body, his chin rested on Taehyun's shoulder.

 

Taehyun's forehead was on his shoulder also, and it was wet. Taehyun was sobbing quietly. His hands were clenching on Mino's shirt tightly. He kept mumbling something Mino couldn't catch.

 

Mino hugged that body tighter. He would never let go again, he promised to himself.

 

Taehyun slowly looked up to see in Mino's smiling eyes. The older man looked genuinely happy. His eyes told him everything.

 

"Hyung....", Taehyun's shaking lips spoke quietly. He moved his hands to cupped the man's face. Their face were so close.

 

Mino hummed as he placed his hands on Taehyun's ones.

 

"I love you", the younger man whispered softly. Mino nodded and kissed those lips dearly. "I love you so much", he continued whispering and Mino kissed him again. He felt like it was the first time that Taehyun told him his hidden feelings. He had always been too shy to say it. But at that very moment, he was saying what Mino had always wanted to hear.

 

The pretty face was still wet with tears. Mino used his thumbed to close those sad eyes gently. He kissed him again on his eyelid, whispering Taehyun's name over and over.

 

"I'm sorry I left you alone for so long", he kissed him again on his wet cheek. "Now I'm back and I will never leave you again."

 

Taehyun opened his eyes and Mino was smiling, his eyes were also teary.

 

"I love you, Nam Taehyun, with all of my heart", Taehyun sealed their lips again and wrapped his slim arms around his neck.

 

After that they just hugged each other, as tight as they could, as long as the had time.

 

Both of them didn't care that people were looking. They didn't care about anything anymore. All that mattered was each other.

 

They started over again, and both of them fulfilled each other’s heart finally.





 

- End -





 

-----------------






 

Hi guys! sorry it took me so long to finish this chapter. I have to tell you that I rewrote it when it was half finished … and I was also busy and writing the other story too. I’m really sorry! ;-;

And well, we are finally at the end of this story… it feels strange haha. Thank you for continue reading till this last chapter. I’m really happy!

 

btw if you have any question about the story you can leave it in the comment and I will answer it all if I can!

 

Thank you again. I love you <3

 

Vivian