Chapter 1

From zero to hundred

1

 

Song Mino was a year older than Nam Taehyun. The younger boy was in his junior year in high-school, and  the older was his senior. Taehyun stood out so much because of his appearance and his personality, even though he rarely appeared at school. Taehyun had nice figure, long legs, brown-dyed hair, he is tall and handsome. He was known to have bad personality,nbad temper and moody, also his mood swings kept people away from him.

At first, Mino didn’t like Taehyun. He looked overconfident, arrogant, and had no respect to his seniors at all. Mino thought because of his looks that made him so confident and Taehyun probably thought he could do anything because he was handsome. That was what Mino thought of Taehyun before they had an actual conversation.

 

It started from one day, Mino was sitting in front of his school waiting for his little sister to go home together. He spotted Taehyun sitting alone on a swing at the nearby park. The younger boy looked calm and somehow lonely. His eyes closed and his bangs slightly covering them. He seemed like he was listening to something from his phone. His head was slowly nodding along the rhythm from his earphones.

Mino spent that time to carefully observe Taehyun. He didn’t look that arrogant after all, and he rather looked pretty than handsome. The older boy could see that his junior was moving his lips quietly. Is he singing? Mino wonder how good Taehyun was at singing. He concentrated watching Taehyun so much he didn’t notice his sister was already standing in front of him.

 

“Why are you staring at him?”, Danah, Mino’s little sister, asked him with a grin. Mino jumped and looked away from the boy to his sister. “Nothing.”, He answered casually but unnatural. The pretty girl looked at the boy who her brother was observing then smiled, “You like him?”, she brother. “NO!”, Mino shouted loudly even Taehyun could hear and turned his face towards Mino.

“You don’t have to be so loud! Now he’s looking at you.” Danah pretend to looked away like they weren’t talking about Taehyun, but her dumb brother turned to see if Taehyun  was really looking at them. Their eyes met, and Mino turned back to his sister. He could feel his face heated up.

“You know him?” Mino asked his little sister. “Of course. Everyone knows him.” Danah answered then turn to look at Taehyun again. When their eyes met, Danah gave him a smile and had to be surprised to see Taehyun smiling back to her. “Wow, he is cute when he smiles.” Danah waved her hand and Taehyun also waved back. Mino turned to look at Taehyun again and he was already leaving, then he turned his gaze back to his sister who was still staring at the younger boy.

“Yah, why are you still looking at him? you like him?? I won’t allow that!” Mino was being loud again, and Taehyun turned his head back to looked at Mino again. “Why!? Because you like him!?” Danah shouted out loud so Taehyun could hear, to big brother. Mino covered his sister’s mouth with his hands and glanced at Taehyun. The younger boy stared straight at him and that made him felt uneasy. He made a disgusted face then dragged Danah home.

 

That was rude. Taehyun thought after that tanned-skin boy gave him the disgusted look. He walked his way to the bus stop while he decided he hated that tanned boy.

 

“You like him, right?” Danah had been asking the same question all the way home. Mino started to get annoyed. “No, I don’t. And stop asking me that already.” The brother dropped his bag and walked straight into the kitchen as soon as they reached home. The sister followed her brother, “You know, there were rumors that he was gay.” Both of them were looking inside the fridge and took out some leftovers food from last night. “Yeah, I thought so.” Mino answered, and thought that how could a boy that pretty be straight?


 

-----


 

“Hyung, you seem upset. Is everything okay?” Nam Taehyun threw himself on the living room couch, he nodded to answered his little brother, Donghyun. “You better not get into fights again, or you’ll get mom and grandma worried.” The little brother warned his big brother with concern. “I know.” Taehyun replied shortly. He knew he had bad temper and he was trying his best to fix it. He didn’t want to disappoint his family anymore.

“Where’s mom and grandma?” Taehyun asked his brother, resting his head on his couch. “They are out to buy groceries I suppose. I just got back too.” Donghyun answered while he tried to find some drinks.

The older brother sighed. He didn’t have friends at school and he didn’t feel like he had to. Being alone was easier than to socialize. Taehyun was very quiet, and that always made people around him felt awkward, so he decided to avoid socializing as much as he could. And that tan boy was what he wanted to avoid the most. He looked like he would have many friends. It was a good thing that he seemed to hate him, Taehyun wasn’t want to be friend with someone like that anyways.


 

-----


 

The next day after they decided to hate each other, they both were surprised to meet each other in the art club. They didn’t expect to share the same club. But they ignored each other anyways. Mino was sitting and chatting happily with his friends and other members of the club, while Taehyun was all alone but he didn’t seem to worry.

 

Today’s assignment was to pair up and draw each other. Mino was with his friend, Jiho. Jiho had blonde hair with a black snapback, looked a bit like a badboy. Everyone was paired up except Taehyun. Almost everyone in the club came here with their friends, but Taehyun came here alone. He quietly asked the teacher if he could do this assignment alone but he was refused, and told to group up in 3 persons. Since Mino was all friendly to other members, the teacher insisted Taehyun to be in the same group as Mino and Jiho.

Mino didn’t like the idea at all. But Jiho just greeted Taehyun happily. “Hi! you are younger than us, right?” Jiho asked nicely but Taehyun didn’t even answer. “Just give me your photo so we don’t have to meet to do this assignment.”, he also completely ignored Mino. The blonde boy felt a bit uncomfortable with the junior’s attitude. “Umm, okay, and Mino have to draw you.” Mino widen his eyes, “I don’t want to draw him.” “I don’t want you to draw me either.”, said Taehyun, then he stomped out of the room and banged the door. Everyone looked at the two member who was in shock.

“What the hell, dude!?” Mino protested after the younger boy left. Jiho sighed, “Dude, seriously, what did that kid do?” Mino was going to speak then shut his mouth. He couldn’t think of a reason why he was so against the boy. “I just don’t like him.”, he stuttered. “Mino, don’t be ridiculous. Make peace with him, just only to finish the assignment will you?” Mino had no choice.


 

-----


 

Two days later after he had been looking for Taehyun, Mino found him at the cafeteria. “Yah! Kiddo!” Mino called Taehyun out loud then ran to him. “What?”, the younger boy asked shortly with an annoyed look on his face. “You want me to leave the group or what?”, he asked angrily. “Why are you angry?”, the older boy also annoyed with the younger’s irrational anger. Taehyun decided to walk away from the scene before he punched the older boy in the face.

“Yah! kiddo, could we just make peace once? then after this assignment I will leave you alone.” “My name is not kiddo.”, said Taehyun. Mino followed Taehyun, trying to calm down by telling himself what Jiho told him, only this assignment. “Fine, Nam Taehyun, will you please stop and talk to me for a while, sir”  The annoyed sign in Mino’s voice and the sarcastic made Taehyun realized that he was being irrational again, so he tried to calm down. He suddenly stopped and turned back to face the older boy. They almost crashed because of the younger’s sudden pause. Taehyun stepped back because they were too close, it made him feel uncomfortable. He looked away from the person in front of him, “Fine.”

 

Mino was amazed by the close up look of Taehyun. His skin was so smooth and milky, also his pink lips that looked like a girl’s, and his eyes… “Why aren’t you talking?” Taehyun asked Mino when he didn’t received any reply, pulled Mino back from his amazement. “Oh, umm, I need your photo.”, he stuttered. Taehyun nodded, then took out his phone and handed it to Mino. “Give me your number.” Mino take the phone and started typing his number. “And your friend’s too.”, Taehyun commanded. The older boy frowned. “You’re so bossy, kid” “My name is not kid.” “Okay, okay. Nam Taehyun.” Mino returned his phone.

Taehyun stared at the two new contacts on his phone. “What?”, Mino asked because Taehyun didn’t respond. “What is your name?”, the younger boy asked nicely. Since he never cared about his seniors, he had no idea which one is Mino’s, which one is Jiho’s. Mino smiled lightly, “My name is Song Mino.” Taehyun just nodded. Mino started to think that this kid wasn’t that bad after all. “Taehyun-ah, you should talk more.” “Shut up.”, said Taehyun, with his eyes on his phone. Mino sighed, “And you should talk nicely to your senior.” Taehyun looked up to Mino, “Shut up, hyung.”, Then he walked away. Mino regretted what he just thought about this kid. He was a total prick.