Passed

EMPTINESS [MOVING TO OTHER ACCOUNT]
Please log in to read the full chapter

I stopped at the door case, flabbergasted at her appearance. She looked, lively. Healthy. Despite the bald hair she had and her skinnier figure in front of me, she doesn't seem like a cancer patient. My eyes roamed around the room, searching for a male figure.

"Where's Kris oppa? Did he already left?" 

"Nope. He'll fetch me later." She stated, still smiling.

"Fetch you? For? Where? You can't go out, eonnie. You're sick." I frowned, still confused. "How'd you contacted him anyways?"

I waited for her answer but nothing came. She asked me to help her lie on the bed and so I did, very carefully, afraid to break her instantly.

"I'll miss you Jiyeon-ah." Her statement made me grew nervous. I looked at her eyes that were filling up with tears.

"Huh? Are you going somewhere with Kris?" I asked and saw her nodding. 

"Despite your condition?" She nodded again. 

"Today?" And once again.

She only has more or less than 10 days and I guess she wanted to spend it with Kris oppa.

"Jiyeon-ah, you have to live well okay? I never wanted to leave you but fate made me fall into this. I love you so much." I saw her tears instantly fall from her eyes and my heart clenched.

"You're just going somewhere. Don't bid me goodbye. It's not like you're going to die today." I fumbled my fingers, a bad feeling surrounding me. I looked at my sister whose eyes were telling me something more.

"You're not dying today right?" My statement became a question and the look in her eyes showed me the answer.

"Bu-but I thought, you're going with Kris oppa somewhere today?" I stuttered. I bit my lip as I tried suppressing the tears welling up on me.

"I am, Jiyeon. Right now, Jiyeon." Her statement proved it. My sister's leaving me today, right now.

"How about Kris? Isn't he supposed to be here? I thought you're going to see him? I want to see him too. Isn't he-" I stopped as thoughts drowned me. Many times my sister told me that she'll see Kris today but she never stated a thing about me meeting him too. 

"Would I be seeing Kris oppa too?" I searched her face for an answer and saw her slowly shook her head. And that was when the first tear fell in my face. I closed my eyes, I felt my hands shaking and so as my lips. I took the courage to gulp the lump on my throat before slipping out a question I wanted to hear.

"Is Kris oppa even alive?" And with that, I heard my sister sobbed and muttered. "No."

I let out a big sigh and felt my eyes streaming tears. 

All this time, I thought Kris oppa was still breathing out there, alive while as my sister is waiting for her deathbed. But it turned out that he was already gone to begin with.

"He-he was involved in a car accident. He was on his way with his dog to vi-visit me but, but their car cra-crashed along with a truck. I knew it when I heard the nurses' gossips about him. It broke me into pieces Jiyeon-ah, I thought I was the one leaving first but he beat me to it. He left me and Sangchu before I did."

"Sa-Sangchu?"

"Sangchu is Kris' dog, Jiyeon. I'm sorry for not telling you." Her cold hand grazed upon mine, squeezing it firmly.

 

“How could a dog act like that? I mean, that was the first time seeing a dog like that who could act like a complete human .” I was ranting all by myself when I entered Yoona eonnie’s room and now she was staring at me like I was a mad human. I approached her and continued with my rants, not caring on how I sound like.

“Eonnie, have you seen the dog outside, the Samoyed breed one?” Her eyes questioned me but she still shook her head. I heaved out a sigh of annoyance and sat at the end of the bed. “Well, there’s one outside and he’s a total snob. How could a dog even act like that?”

“Kris also has a dog with the same breed…” Yoona Eonnie commented, rendering me speechless. I stared at her and saw her eyes starting to glimmer up again.

“I wonder how he is right now.” The dog? Or Kris oppa? Or maybe both?

“Sorry, Jiyeon ah, but can I sleep for a while? You could just sleep at the couch or roam around the garden outside.” She monotonously stated while she wiped the forming tears on her eyes. I nodded my head as I made my way to the couch. I tried to sleep but there were too many questions unanswered.

 

"Say, Jiyeon-ah. What's the dog's name you were pertaining to the last time?" Yoona eonnie asked me the moment I went in inside her room. I raised a brow at her, shocked by her curiosity.

"Sangchu." I grinned. "Isn't it funny? A samoyed breed dog was named Sangchu, a lettuce. The owner must be really weird." I laughed heartily.

 

"He sure is." My sister muttered to herself while smiling sadly.

"Huh?"

"No. Nothing." She awkwardly smiled and I just let it off.

 

Remembering those two events concluded myself that my sister was aware that the dog in the hospital was Kris'. Why wasn't I able to find it out from the start? Why was I naive at such things like this? This is why all people left me hanging.

“Jiyeon-ah, I know you’re a strong girl. Stronger than me, stronger than anyone else, that’s why I’m proud of you.” I shook my head, with tears still flowing out. The strongest person I know is my sister, Park Yoona. “Hey, you are strong, Jiyeon-ah. I know you more than you know yourself.”

“Find yourself a good husband. The one who would take care of you until you grow old, the one who would be with you in your ups and downs, the one who will make you happy and the one who will protect you. Continue your musicality. I know how much you love music so never let that fade away from your life. Okay?” I gave her a nod.

“And remember this Jiyeon-ah. I know there are a lot of people who left you, who left us already. Our parents left us in the early age, even our grandparents, there was your best friend in middle school, then Jongin, Kris, and here I am, leaving you soon. But never shut out people. People may come and go so let them be because there will be one person who will be with us. Dead or alive. I know everyone who left us would always watch us despite being faraway from one another, so you should let them show yourself living yourself to the fullest. Even if I were gone, I would always be watching you from above. Alright?” Her hand went to cup my cheek, wiping the still falling tears from my strained eyes.

“Can’t I ju-just go with yo-you?” I asked her. I was left with nothing anyways. What am I supposed to live for?

“What are you thinking? You should live your dreams.”

“But there will be no one with me.”

“The world is too big, Jiyeon-ah. You just have to search for the right people that will stay with you.” I nodded, giving in to her ang

Please log in to read the full chapter