Cried

EMPTINESS [MOVING TO OTHER ACCOUNT]
Please log in to read the full chapter

I don't know how many minutes, no scratch that, hours I have been sitting beside Sangchu, with me talking and telling everything about myself. I already finished 2 boxes of milks like I was drinking shots of alcoholic beverages. Then later on, the silence engulfed us, making me close my eyes until I heard the sound of a plastic crumpling. I slowly opened my eyes and in front of me, was Sangchu eating the opened bread I placed in front of him.

"Omo omo omo. Sangchu, you can eat! Oh my god!" My eyes were twice as wide as it is originally was, if that's possible, but hell, Sangchu who didn't ate a thing for the past two weeks is now eating in front of me, with the bread I bought. I fed him! I jumped from my place to celebrate but Sangchu stopped eating suddenly, which made me scared that he'll not finish the food but instead, he glanced at me for a good three seconds and turned away to munch the bread again.

It made me giddy all over and I didn't know why. With the happiness I'm feeling, I placed the box of milk opened widely and offered it to him.

"Here, drink the milk! Go go go!" Pushing forward the milk in my hand to him. I watched Sangchu as he slowly leaned forward and drank the milk with his tongue and ate the bread again. Not bearing to control my inner happiness, I started doing weird celebration dance, too embarrassing for my liking but I didn't care that moment.

I entered the room of my sister with a wide smile plastered on my face. I approached her and kissed the side of her cheek and sat beside her.

"So what happened? What happened to make my Jiyeon smile like this?" She held my hand, with a beautiful smile on her face. My sister became thinner and paler day by day, but she still looked stunning like ever. I held her hand, which was holding my other one.

"Well, remember the snobby dog that I told you last time? The one who haven't eaten for two weeks already?" I saw her nodding her head, waiting for my story. Every time I visit my sister, I would always rant a thing or two about the lettuce dog.

"He ate the bread and milk I bought for him! Eonnie! He ate them all earlier!" I spazzed. My smile was getting wider by seconds.

"Really? That's great! You did good, Jiyeon." She shared the same happiness I was experiencing at that moment.

"It is! I should be given an award for this." I joked and the room was filled with our laughter until I saw my sister's body tremble.

"Eonnie? Yoona eonnie?" I held her hand tighter as I pressed the emergency button at the top of her bed, almost repeatedly.

"Eonnie! Eonnie, please be calm. Please be okay, eonnie." My heart was beating faster in every second. After a minute, the doctors and nurses came with a machine that I don't know what it is for and some injection medicine. I stepped back, letting them take care of Yoona eonnie who was having her seizure. My hands were clasped against each other while as my heart was still pounding hard. One of the nurses helped me go out for a while, for them to concentrate with the patient.

"Please be okay, eonnie..." I prayed but my legs still wobbled, making me fall. But before I did, hands on my shoulders held onto me, helping me stand still. I looked up to see who held me and I saw a pair of beautiful brown orbs looking back at me. Seconds later, my view became blurry, not realizing that tears started falling from my eyes.

Doctor Oh was still holding onto me, leading me to the garden I usually stay at.

"Let it out." He told me too softly, making me feel I’m safe, and then I knew tears kept on flowing down.

"Th-they told me sh-she only has less than a mo-month." I started, stuttering and sniffing along. "I-it was not her first t-time to have se-seizures li-like that. It only wo-worstens every da-day." I breathed in and out, in need of air. "Ho-how could she not te-tell me? N-no. how could I no-not realize i-it? What a si-sister I am." I covered my face with my palms as I sobbed harder.

I sobbed for I don't know how many minutes but I know I wasn't alone and a hand was on my back, patting me. Knowing I've calmed down, a handkerchief appeared in front of me. I stared at the doctor beside me, who was waiting for me to accept the handkerchief.

"Use it." Handling the handkerchief onto my hands. I sniffed and muttered small thanks before wiping the stains of tears damped all over my face.

We both went inside and parted ways without even saying anything to each other. I didn't even gave back his handkerchief, or because it has all of my tears and snot all over it?

I halted when I saw Sangchu, sitting and looking at me. I raised a brow at him as I approached him.

"Why are you looking at me like that? I don't have food." He slouched on the pillow and I sat next to him.

"Is there something on my face or what?" I asked, wiping my face when I noticed the dog that was still staring at me.

"You know, you're a weird dog. Last time, you won't even look at me and now you're staring at me, hard. Such a weird dog." I shook my head side to side. Tsking him. He barked at me and I just scoffed.

"See? Now you're barking." I smirked when I saw the dog look away and started patting him, feeling the soft texture of his white fluffy fur.

Smiling with a mixture of gentleness and sadness on me, I started story telling on what happened to my sister. Honestly, opening up to this dog made me feel a lot better. Even if I know that no words of comfort nor advice will be given back, it eased up my heart big time.

Silence spread out between us not in an awkward manner. It was more calming and peaceful, until numerous notifications were heard from my phone. Glancing on the sender's name, I let my phone down and decided to ignore it. A minute later, the buzzes returned with an annoying sound, making the dog's paw slide the phone back to me. 

I raised a brow at him for his action but the dog's glance was like 'answer the call, it's irritating me.' I puckered my lips to the side as I stared at the called id from the same person. Inhalin

Please log in to read the full chapter