Bended

EMPTINESS [MOVING TO OTHER ACCOUNT]
Please log in to read the full chapter

I woke up early the next morning to prep up for our picnic later. I took out all the ingredients I needed to make kimbap, bibimbap, rolled egg omelette, pumpkin pancake, potato salad, spam musubi and more side dishes. And since Sangchu will be with us, I bought packs of bread and cartons of milk for him.

It took me almost 6 hours to finish everything. I checked on my wristwatch, stating that it was already quarter to two and here I was, having no idea when Sehun and Sangchu will arrive. After taking up a quick bath, I hastily rumbled through my wardrobe for an appropriate dress for today. In the end, I was wearing a plain white maxi dress and a 2-inched wool wedges with ribbon snaking on my ankles.

I heard the doorbell rang when I was finishing packing the lunch boxes inside the big basket. I immediately wiped my hands at the apron I was wearing before jogging towards the door. Sehun appeared in front of me wearing a plain white shirt, light jeans, and snap back that was worn the other way around which made me thought to myself; 'How could he pull off on wearing merely a simple clothing like this?'

"You ready?" His question made me bring back to reality and I nodded reluctantly, still in maze by his lavishing appearance.

"Let's go then, Sangchu's waiting downstairs." He was about to turn away when I held him back. "Wait." 

I went back to the kitchen to take off the apron I was wearing, carried the big basket containing our food and went back to him, smiling. "I made us food."

He stared at the basket for a good 3 seconds before grabbing the basket from me, I was about to oppose but he silently went ahead the elevator, making me follow him.

The moment we reached Sehun's car, I opened the passenger's seat side only to see Sangchu curled up on the seat. I tapped the dog and demanded him to go at the back but he kept still, making me frown at him. I looked upon Sehun who shrugged at me and went at the car's compartment, placing the big basket.

"Yah, Sangchu. I won't give you bread if you're not going at the back." I tried to blackmail but the dog kept still, feeling oh so comfortable on his seat. Sehun opened the door and sat on the driver's seat whereupon I gave him a face, hoping he'll help me.

Instead, he the engine and tonelessly told me. "It's hopeless. He wanted to sit there since earlier so let him. It'll just be a short drive anyways."

I sighed, accepting my defeat and scrunched my face towards Sangchu before sitting the back.

We were already on our way when I felt something was missing. What was it? I got our food. I also have Sangchu's food ready. The utensils and drinks are there. Wipes, alcohol, all check. Then what else?

Then like something on my mind passed so fast, I called Sehun in a panicky manner, which made him jolt out on his seat. I chuckled at his action until I saw him glaring as he asked, "What is it?"

"Oh..." Recalling what I was supposed to tell him, I panicked once again. "We don't have picnic mats! I forgot to bring them with me earlier. Now where are we supposed to sit? It was out of my mind when you suddenly came." 'And looked so good. Really good.' I wanted to add but I kept it to myself.

"Let's go back to my apartment, Sehun. I'll go get the mat cause I don't really wanna sit on the spiky, itchy grass." I stated, leaning between the seats in front of me.

But seeing Sehun still driving straight to our destination made me frown at him. "Yah! I told you to go back. We have no mat to sit on and I don't want to take risk-”

"Jiyeon." He cut me off, still driving.

I scowled. "What?"

"I brought my mats with me. It's at the compartment so please sit still on your seat. Be quiet and be more like Sangchu." He informed me in his usual tone, making me scoff at him.

I hunched on my seat, crossing my arms and kept quiet. How could he compare me to a dog? No. How could he make me act like Sangchu?

 

"Don't. No, Sangchu." I raised the basket away from the dog. Sehun was still arranging the picnic mat but Sangchu kept on sniffing the basket, knowing his bread are there. "I said no Chuchu. We have to wait for Hunhun."

I kept on walking away from the dog, turning circles around where Sehun was laying the mat on but Sangchu is still stubborn to follow me around. But then I almost tripped on a small rock, making me halt on my place and scrunch my face towards Sangchu.

"Yah! I almost fell because of you. The food inside too." I reprimanded while peeking inside the basket to check if the food was shaken or something. But instead of seeing Sangchu stay still, he lunched over me making me stumble backwards. I closed my eyes as I raised the basket higher, readying myself to feel the spiky grass but to be only have my back lean on a hard chest and have an arm drape over my waist.

That moment, I realized that I was still standing, thanks to Sehun who instantly supported me. I felt his hot breath passed through my neck when he sighed whereupon I felt something in my stomach once again.

"Why are you both so clumsy?" Sehun irritatingly asked after grabbing the basket from me. 

"This is not safe in your hands." He stated then casually sat on the mat, making Sangchu follow him. I was still frozen from the incident and all I could hear was my heart beating so loudly not until I heard Sangchu bark, causing me to regain my senses.

Sehun was now taking out the lunch boxes from the basket, along with Sangchu's bread. I then sat in front the two as I helped Sehun opening the lids while Sangchu was surprisingly behaving in front of him. Sehun was in the middle of opening a pack of bread for Sangchu when I pulled his hand away, he was about to retort but I beat him to it. 

"Let's take a picture first, hmmm?" I grinned at him and saw him sigh, making my grin grow wider. I took out my phone and started taking several pictures with them until I noticed that only I was the only one who was changing poses.

I turned my head at Sehun, showing him the pictures I took. "Hey, you should smile or something. Look at you, so emotionless." He just shrugged at me and I started taking pictures again.

"Sehun smile! Show a peace sign!" I reminded him and shortly glanced at the dog, who was having his own world with the bread in front of him. "Yah Sangchu! Don't eat first! We have to take one presentable picture!"

I returned my gaze at the camera and smiled brightly, letting out what I feel as of this moment. Placing down the phone, I scrolled through the snaps I took as Sehun let Sangchu eat his most awaited bread. I scoffed at the consistent no emotion face of Sehun and Sangchu's trying to open the pack of bread himself until I saw one picture where Sehun had his hand on Sangchu while his other was at the bottom part of his face, showing his index and middle finger up. I smiled at the shot but the next shot made my smile grow wider. It was a perfect shot of us three. I was smiling with peace sign on my left hand, Sangchu was facing t

Please log in to read the full chapter