Befriended

EMPTINESS [MOVING TO OTHER ACCOUNT]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The next day, I went to the hospital earlier than how I was supposed to be. I greeted the staffs in the hospital as I made my way to my sister’s room but arriving at one familiar corner, I found the same dog I saw yesterday. The dog was lying down as usual but now I know the dog was awake. Hearing the advice of the doctor yesterday once again in my head, I still approached the dog and seated beside him.

I waved my hand as I smiled sweetly, only to be ignored. I silently scoffed and kept still, wanting an attention from the dog itself but it never came.

“Hi~” I tried to act cutely, opening and closing the palm of my hand continuously. I waited for a good five seconds before the dog looked at me, due to my surprise and soon turned away from me completely.

“Alright, alright, I’m going. You snobby dog.” I got up beside the dog, mumbling the last sentence to myself but then the dog looked at me again, giving me a stern look that gave me goose bumps.

“You heard it?” I awkwardly laughed while as the dog kept his stern look on. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t scared, so I immediately ran away hurrying to my sister’s room.

“How could a dog act like that? I mean, that was the first time seeing a dog like that who could act like a complete human .” I was ranting all by myself when I entered Yoona eonnie’s room and now she was staring at me like I was a mad human. I approached her and continued with my rants, not caring on how I sound like.

“Eonnie, have you seen the dog outside, the Samoyed breed one?” Her eyes questioned me but she still shook her head. I heaved out a sigh of annoyance and sat at the end of the bed. “Well, there’s one outside and he’s a total snob. How could a dog even act like that?”

“Kris also has a dog with the same breed…” Yoona Eonnie commented, rendering me speechless. I stared at her and saw her eyes starting to glimmer up again.

“I wonder how he is right now.” The dog? Or Kris oppa? Or maybe both?

“Sorry, Jiyeon ah, but can I sleep for a while? You could just sleep at the couch or roam around the garden outside.” She monotonously stated while she wiped the forming tears on her eyes. I nodded my head as I made my way to the couch. I tried to sleep but there were too many questions unanswered.

The following week, I continued my new routine, visiting my sister. I still saw the dog every time I visit but I choose to ignore rather than to agitate the dog. Not until the time where I heard the bunch of nurses crowding up together, talking about the dog.

“It has been almost two weeks but the dog didn’t want to eat anything.” I heard one of the nurse stated.

“At this rate, the dog would die in hunger.” I gaped at the second statement, making myself get nearer to them.

“I pity the dog though, being left behind by its owner. Though-“

“How could the owner left him?!” I bombarded unintentionally. Shocking myself that I was joining people’s conversation uninvited. I slapped my head mentally, making all of them stare at me right now. “Sorry. I just…”

“His owner died, due to an accident.” It was a familiar voice, not coming from the nurses who were in front of me. I spun around, facing the owner of the voice. The nurses beside me promptly bowed at the person in front of me. The guy seemed very familiar and then I suddenly remembered the guy who told me to ignore the dog, who is now standing in front of me.

“Hello, miss.” He greeted me and bowed.

“Hello.” I awkwardly bowed back.

“He still doesn’t want to eat?” The doctor asked one of the nurses beside me, and the latter shook her head.

“We kept on trying but we would end up earning a growl from him.” She sadly stated. 

“We’re afraid that he would end up dying in hunger, sir.”

“Give it to me.” The doctor reached out his hands to the food that was being held by the nurse, and then he calmly took up steps near the dog that still ignored him.

“You know, after three days staying here, the dog soon had his own title in this hospital.” I peered at the nurse beside me who was actually talking to me. I kept quiet to let her continue.

“His owner was involved in a car accident two weeks ago. We were supposed to contact his relatives or whatnot but his phone was also crashed into pieces, leaving us no choice but for Dr. Oh to sign as the guardian. The dog was also involved in the accident but it seemed that the owner covered the dog’s body with his to protect his own dog.” Everyone stood speechless, letting the sad story sink in. Two of the nurses brimmed up with tears whiles the rest laid their head down as the nurse continued the story.

"When the body of his owner arrived in this hospital, he was immediately sent to have the surgery. The surgery went well but after two days, he gave up his life leaving the poor thing behind. We tried calling veterans and other doctors for help but the dog never gave us a chance and kept still at his place until today. So, ever since then, he became the hospital's dog."

"And the owner of this hospital even allowed it to be, not having any choice." The other nurse added, wiping the forming tears on her eyes. 

"So until now, the dog hasn't eaten a thing?" I questioned. Wasn't the dog supposed to die at this rate?

"Yes. We tried different ways but he won't eat a thing. Dr. Oh insisted on making him drink milk though, which worked for a few days but it won't stil

Please log in to read the full chapter